Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1086469 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I broke my previous decision to stop playing the game because double XP.

Light Assault + Grenades + Sunderer spawns = 9 kills before dying. There are a lot of people on.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Made a thread on the SOE forums about capture rewards.  Got a bunch of TLDRs and buried to the 2nd page within a couple hours.

Sigh... This forum has spoiled me.
Tbh you have a bit too much Fluff at the top for the Stupid Forumgoer. Cut the Fluff out or just mark the idea (7th Paragraph) as the Idea so those that would go TL;DR would just look there...
Indeed, Bay12 is a giant group of people who know how to read posts and things and normally give great responses (other then the good old "Duh I be Dick" Post for lolz....

TL;DR is the way to know who is a good forumgoer and who just plays with themselves when they their on the forums....

EDIT::
For a second I thought you meant 'running into an ESF with a vanguard', and I was really going to congratulate you!

I've never shot a mobile ESF with a Vanguard, but I did kill one on a landing pad once. That sorta counts, right?
I Rammed a ESF as it came down to repair in my Sundy. Damn thing didn't even see me as it flew over me. Prob on Half health or something, Just ran my Sundy straight through it... Missed the Pilot though...

On note about waiting for cap/spawn camping...
My Feelings are that the MOMENT that the Cap Point starts filling with YOUR control influence, the shields over the spawn room should shut down, those inside can be killed, it stops acting like a Spawn point. Stops noobs standing in front of the doors trying to shoot through and then raging when they get killed, and stops that ONE GUY who sits inside taking potshots at anyone and making you have to WAIT till it caps to make sure its safe to leave...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:52:38 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I agree to an extent that much of the post does appear fluff-ish, but everything I include does have a purpose.  I despise using TLDR summaries, because then the majority of people default to reading only that part.  Then they go straight to posting smartass criticism, and I have to respond to several dozen people with "Actually, if you had read my whole post, you would know that I had already addressed your remark before it was made..."

Basically on your average forum, you have a choice between making a shallow post that people will actually read, but then be forced to deal with a bunch of predictable arguments that you could have easily precluded and they drown out any creative discussion.  Or you can make a substantial post that addresses all points, but most people won't read it and flood your thread with pointless TLDR comments instead (seriously?  you bother to waste your time just to let me know you didn't read it?).  You can include a TLDR summary, but then you face the same problems you would had you made a shallow post.  There is no winning.

So, knowing it's hopeless to begin with, I usually settle for making the substantial post and letting all the predictable TLDR posters know how fucking stupid they are.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:01:48 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

There is nothing more glorious than hitting a ESF with a vanguard.
I can aim better with this thing then i expected.

Bullseyeing a cocky ESF pilot with the AV cannon on the Lightning is rewarding. And a shot can tear a chunk out of a Lib or a Gal and make them think twice about hanging around... but they have to be practically sitting ducks to do that.
I'm pretty sure it was moving, albeit slowly. I know that because i aimed slightly in front of it.
I wouldn't have done that if the TR weren't all playing fighter pilot.
I took two bases all by myself on Amerish. We were nearly warpgated, too.
Cmon TR, i expected more from you guys.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is nothing more glorious than hitting a ESF with a vanguard.
I can aim better with this thing then i expected.

Bullseyeing a cocky ESF pilot with the AV cannon on the Lightning is rewarding. And a shot can tear a chunk out of a Lib or a Gal and make them think twice about hanging around... but they have to be practically sitting ducks to do that.
I'm pretty sure it was moving, albeit slowly. I know that because i aimed slightly in front of it.
I wouldn't have done that if the TR weren't all playing fighter pilot.
I took two bases all by myself on Amerish. We were nearly warpgated, too.
Cmon TR, i expected more from you guys.
"Come now, Playing ESF is the best. You get tons of kills with rocketpods due to their High Damage, RoF, Clipsize and Splash, You can take a good bit of damage too, its like your a tank in the sky that fires machinegun rockets. ALSO if your about to die you just deconstruct your ESF and Suicide preventing the one that shot you down to get any Exp from anything and your KDR is perfect cause Suicides don't count as a death..."

^ The mindset of every ESF pilot out there ever...

Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There were only ESF's and a few libs in the air. I didn't see any infantry units until i capped a point.

But yeah, ESF's are OP.
Fun to fly tough. I can't hit shit due to my suckyness, but i enjoy flying them.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

So a squad/platoon leader decided to actually berate me today. Why? Because I "parked the Sunderer out in the open and failed to repair it". Oh I'm sorry, you must be living in a different world than me because
  • I'm a HA and not an engineer.
  • We're in the desert. We're always out in the open unless we're at a tech plant, amp station or a similar large building.
  • I parked the Sunderer next to the wall of a small building. It was hugging the only piece of cover in the area.
  • Once I had deployed the Sunderer and switched out to engineer, I got bombarded with a barrage of rocket pods.
  • It's a bit difficult repairing the Sunderer when every part of my body had just been blown to smithereens.
  • There wasn't enough time for me to respawn before the Sunderer got blown up by the two Mosquitoes attacking us.
So I'll make a note to remind myself to not be in the same platoon/squad as you.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fun to fly tough. I can't hit shit due to my suckyness, but i enjoy flying them.

I just can't get the hang of flying.  I even hooked up my nice (old) Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, and I simply can't fly worth a crap.  It's too twitchy.  I read somewhere, maybe here, that they don't actually use joystick controls, that it's all the same as a keypress.  So there's no gradual or hard turns, it's all just pressing keys.  Plus it doesn't help that I can't use the handle twist, as mine has a continual slow left rotation, even if I re-calibrate.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember this: "Up" is not always "Up". if you are upside-down, "Up" will be "Down". This is really important for things like U-turns.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know that.   :P  I just don't have any fine control over turns & such.  It's always way over-steer, and then way over-correct.  Now if the joystick controls would measure slow turns for a slight joystick move, and sharp turns for cranking it way over, I could do better.  Heck, it might be easier just to fly with the keyboard.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I am typically a dedicated joystick pilot, but in this game I am a keyboard and mouse pilot exclusively. I am pretty effective but occasionally come across a pilot who flies as if they are a scripted AI with barrel rolls and Half-Cuban-Eight in the blink of an eye to blow me out of the sky. It can be humbling.

My revenge? Get in a vanguard and shoot them down with an AP round. I am getting pretty good at this.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

You know there's a problem when main tank cannons are better than dedicated AA...
Nothing important here, move along.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OMG I CAN JUST NOT PLAY INFILTRATOR!!!
Every shot I make either registers as a fucking body shot when it clearly fucking hit their head...
EVERY SHOT I MAKE HITS THEIR LAG GHOST!!!
EVERY TIME I GET KILLED BY ANOTHER INFILTRATOR IS WHEN I AM RUNNING AND ITS ONE FUCKING HIT!!!!!!!

Oh and if you can't tell, I fucking HATE Infiltrators...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I only play them when i have to hack for the platoon and we don't have any infiltrators around.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Infiltrator protip: don't forget about bullet drop and projectile speed. All weapons take time to hit their target, and NC/TR weapons will descend vertically during this time. Placing your crosshairs over a target's head at long distance often causes body shots because your bullet dropped below head-level before it hit the target.

If you're already aware of these facts, then sorry. But a lot of new snipers don't realize that you have to lead your target and aim slightly above them.

(Also, don't forget Shift to hold your breath and stabilize your crosshairs!)
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 826