Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 388858 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #3465 on: October 06, 2022, 12:05:24 pm »

Oh no, it's Chief time.

"Hey guys, look how socially awkward THAT guy is!"

How can you be so frustrated when I don't respond to your requests to drudge up something I dropped, then can't handly my opinions when I do share them, huh?

I own my own my own head, and I can change my opinion.

I'm not harboring a desire to make the rules changes I proposed in my (brief, 1+ month old) vent post. I probably stopped feeling that way less than 10 minutes after posting it. But just because I dropped the resolution, the suggested treatment, doesn't mean I feel differently about the underlying sickness.

RoseHeart my man you seem to be trying to find problems where there aren't any.

This was the only post that maybe made me want to re-evaluate the issue. Z plays tons of games of all kinds, and if he felt the need to come in here and challenge my assumption, then it makes me want to too.
Awesome With Autism

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 06, 2022, 12:15:16 pm »

Z plays tons of games of all kinds
As opposed to the rest of us who...?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 06, 2022, 12:25:26 pm »

Almost couldn't get past that first quote, had me laughing too hard. Let me just clear a couple things up before I take care of things that matter.

1: Don't pull the "bullying for being socially awkward" card, it's poor taste and completely misses the mark when you use it as a crutch as often as you do, especially in a community full of neurodivergence. Misses even more when the person you're trying to paint as the dick picking on you for being socially awkward is state-certified socially autistic. 0/10

2: You consistently replied saying you'd bring up evidence and yet never did. That's not something being dropped. That's you pretending to have a point and then whistling while looking at the ground when the time comes to pay up.

3: There is no underlying sickness. That is the problem we have with what you've been saying. Yes, go ahead, be upset that you got barred from a game at some point, that's your right. But using your limited experience to judge an entire community, well, that's just dumb.

4: You seem to think your opinion is protected speech or something. When your opinion is factually utterly wrong that's not an opinion, that's just being wrong and you are wide open to being called out for it. Nobody here "can't handle" your spicy opinions, what we can't handle is you constantly painting this entire community as some sort of collection of dickhead bigots. Stop projecting your own inability to come to terms with other people's opinions onto anyone who disagrees with you.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3468 on: October 06, 2022, 12:28:03 pm »

Not entirely true; I can confirm at least that he DID get himself excluded from a FEF over trying to co-opt (read; steal) someone else's application to that game on this very forum, which is what I believe he is partially referring to.
What's this?
Awesome With Autism

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 06, 2022, 12:31:40 pm »

It looks like someone else said something that you never verified as your only evidence. I'm not going to assume something someone else said is what you were talking about. That's putting words in someones mouth and is generally in poor taste.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3470 on: October 06, 2022, 01:51:09 pm »

My "hot takes" that I standby are:

- Perminant Bans are bad. (Though I appreciate there tends be a multiple strikes/warnings from what I hear)
- Forum Games can be as awesome as CYOA booklets, comics, and books. And it shouldn't be only a freak accident when someone makes a living off of it.
- Excluding people cus they're weird or different is bad.

Most of the shit I say is some permutation of these three beliefs.
Awesome With Autism

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: October 06, 2022, 02:08:16 pm »

It will never be practical to make a living off of forum games because the supply outstrips the demand so far. You'd have to kill all the people who just do it because they're bored first.

All human being inherently discriminate all the time. We discriminate from childhood when we decide to be friends with some people - usually people we have something in common with - and not others. In principle it's always possible to spin this as someone being "weird or different" if you try hard enough, but that's just motivated reasoning trying to pretend that disliking someone is wrong. Disliking someone is never wrong. Nobody has a right to another person's feelings.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 06, 2022, 02:11:40 pm »

RoseHeart my man you seem to be trying to find problems where there aren't any.

This was the only post that maybe made me want to re-evaluate the issue. Z plays tons of games of all kinds, and if he felt the need to come in here and challenge my assumption, then it makes me want to too.
Might you say that he belongs to a sort of "elite", whose opinions are more important to you than those of the rabble?
Long Live United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3473 on: October 06, 2022, 02:21:05 pm »

Lack of personal attacks in their debate toolbox.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3474 on: October 06, 2022, 02:47:07 pm »

Might you say that he belongs to a sort of "elite", whose opinions are more important to you than those of the rabble?

The only 'elite' thing about me Nuke, and you can quote me on it... I'm a terrible host. Procrastination, emotional issues, straight forgetting I even made a game, few do it better.

But I am creative. I do circle back try to correct my mistakes. My leadership, if I have any, is to just show people that anyone can do it, if I can.

I can be blue.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 08:18:41 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 06, 2022, 02:59:32 pm »

He wasn’t even calling you elite. You’re trying to twist what he said to play the victim and act like you’re the rational actor. He was saying you consider Zultan an “elite” and was calling you out on the very thing you say is a problem in this community. You’re not slick.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 06, 2022, 03:38:54 pm »

Lack of personal attacks in their debate toolbox.
I have not, to my knowledge, made any personal attacks against you. However, I have an acerbic personality and it is difficult to predict what someone will take personally. Certainly, it has not been my intention so far.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: October 06, 2022, 03:48:28 pm »

To be clear, I was attempting to get you to understand your hypocrisy. You berate everyone on this board by claiming they are elitists who only interact within their own circles, yet you freely admit that you don't consider the opinions of anyone outside of a chosen few.
Which isn't actually terrible. You compared it to bullying, but there's nothing wrong with valuing some people more than others. You took it to a condescending extreme with your admission that Zultan's opinion is the only one that matters to you, but that's just you being you.

Anyway, I feel like this discussion has run its useful course (insofar as it was ever useful). Roseheart is clearly losing his cool, and pushing him further isn't going to result in anything productive. I'd suggest that we all lay off, and- to quote a wise man- maintain our chill composures.
Long Live United Forenia!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3478 on: October 06, 2022, 04:18:39 pm »

To be fair, I have excluded a couple people from my games, mostly for being belligerent.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: October 06, 2022, 04:38:47 pm »

I'd put this thread back on topic, but I don't actually have any ideas to share. Sorry.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 237