Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start fresh with version 1.4.6? (Regenerate map, etc)

Yes!
- 14 (93.3%)
No!
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 01:15:00 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 220

Author Topic: Forsaken's Gaming Servers  (Read 281290 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Forsaken's Gaming Servers
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:38:33 pm »

My industrial 1.6.2 server is up using the Esconia map.

Client Download: http://bit.ly/15Lrp9a
!Update! As of Sept 11 I've added a 1.6.2 version of Minefactory Reloaded. Here is a client patch to add these mods+configs: http://bit.ly/13NcuxG
Simply extract that zip to your minecraft folder after the normal client install.
Spoiler: Install Instructions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Changelog 9 Sept (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Changelog 3 Sept (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Changelog 26 Aug (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Changelog 10 Aug (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Modlist (click to show/hide)

I have added a new RP server focused on survival and cooperation. While the industrial server above has no real rules, this new server will.

Rules:
1. Do not be a dick. Seriously. Behave yourselves. This is a cooperative server. PVP will be disabled. The focus here is to build stuff together and cooperate, explore, etc.
2. Do not mess with someone else's stuff without permission. This includes something they are building, or chests in their house.
3. You must live in the city with everyone else. Make yourself a house or something. Don't run several thousand blocks away and play like a hermit. You may as well be in singleplayer if you're doing that.
4. Abide by the challenges and restrictions.

This server is based around light roleplaying and mutual cooperation. At the start, we will essentially be playing vanilla Minecraft with a few tweaks and light mods added. I will post various goals for us to achieve, and as these goals are reached I will unlock or add new mods and change various rules. We will be eventually unlocking a variety of magic based mods and challenges will revolve around building a large sprawling town/city.

Congratulations on starting a village and completing the first challenge. It was designed to be rather easy, but only in comparison to what is coming. Now we must cement our claim on the land and establish a town hall to govern the small farming community.

The second challenge:

The area with the current buildings will become the farming district.
To complete this challenge you will need to build the following additional things in the same district.
-Total of 5 dwellings, each with a furnished living room and bedroom
-Animal pens for chickens, cows, pigs and sheep with at least 2 of each animal
-Town Hall
-A watchtower with a good view of the area
-2 community structures. These can be anything. Warehouses, baths, an inn, whatever you think fits.
-Organize the farmland into irrigated fields. Plant at least 20 blocks worth of food crops in regular irrigated fields away from the river.

All buildings must be linked with paths to the town hall

The town hall must have the following:
-Double door entrance
-Meeting room with table/chairs
-Town treasury with storage
-Armory

The treasury must contain:
-10 stacks of stone/cobblestone
-2 stacks of fuel (Coal, charcoal, ash)
-At least 20 food per person

The armory must contain:
-2 weapons of at least stone/flint level
-2 full sets of leather or iron armor
-1 bow
-1 stack of arrows

These mods are eligible for unlock:

Bibliocraft: Build a library with at least two rooms and a minimum of 32 bookshelves
Barrels: Build a warehouse with a large amount of storage room
Craftable Horse Armor: Have a working smeltery and a stable which can accomodate 4 horses

Spoiler: Previous Challenges (click to show/hide)

I have a Starmade server running as well.
Official website: http://star-made.org/
The server address is: 68.55.212.49:4242
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:19:37 pm by forsaken1111 »

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Forsaken's B12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:13:50 pm »

Is there any way to keep a mystcraft age private, as in nobody can follow you? I've tried:

-Store the book in a personal safe using a transposer (Transposer won't put things in a personal safe)
-Make a portal to the overworld at the spawn point/original entry point, and just activate the portal whenever you're there (but then how do you unlock it when you want to return to the age?)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 04:23:47 pm »

What mods are you running?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 04:24:26 pm »

Cut + paste from the mods thread:
Forge 3.3.8.152
Mystcraft 0.8.6b Forge 3.3.7.135
CodeChickenCore 0.5.3
NEI 1.2.2.4
Buildcraft 2.2.14
Runic Dust 0.6.1b
Enderstorage 1.1.3
Forestry 1.4.8.3_bc2.2 for Minecraft 1.2.5 and BuildCraft 2.2.14+
IndustrialCraft2 1.97
Redpower 2.0pr5b2
Railcraft 5.3.3
Immibis Core 49.1.0
Tubestuff 49.1.0
Dimensional Anchor Rev1
Wireless Redstone Chicken Bones Edition (WRCBE) 1.2.1 (All three files)
IronChests 3.6

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 04:35:13 pm »

Hey Forsaken, I need my player data deleted because I managed to get into a void age with no block to stand on. :(
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 04:45:09 pm »

4. The Paradoxical Spiral

Non-physical smothering. Asphyxiation by oxygen hands
Drowning in the endless sky. An ever-downward dive, only to surface
the sewage of indecision, on which all sense of self is afloat
The vortex-acceleration a constant. Resolute in purpose its choking flow

My internet has apprently decided to kill itself, i am going to follow suite if it dosent fix itself soon..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:57:13 pm by DrPoo »
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 05:17:49 pm »

Hey Forsaken, I need my player data deleted because I managed to get into a void age with no block to stand on. :(
Done

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 05:22:05 pm »

Thank you, falling forever was not fun.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 12:54:04 am »

Started assembling The Grid, a large power distribution system. It currently has a central hub in the desert city, with a substation (currently only receiving, but will send as well eventually) in crapshack-ville.

Rules of The Grid:
Do not attach wires unless it is either a specified accepted place (will be adding some later; for now I'm just partway through creating the initial grid) or you get explicit permission (like the line running directly to the buildcraft power station).

Do not enter any restricted areas, usually consisting of those with high-value machines; mostly because of the rampant creeper infestation. I don't particularly care to lose a couple dozen diamonds ,200 bars of stuff, and an hour of my time to people doing dumb things.

If there is a wall around a Grid facility, do not make any holes it in. Either fly over with a jetpack or replace each and every block you touch.

Do not dig close to it, as disrupting redstone would be a pain to sort out; same with wires.

If you find an underground Grid wire, cover it back up with enough material to keep creepers away (I will probably reinforce the important ones with reinforced glass eventually, but still try to avoid them). If you need to dig there, ask for permission before moving any wires; I'll likely move them for you.

And that's most of what I can think of right now. It currently has an LV and MV solar panel powering it; there is an MFE you can access until I get back tonight; it's in the desert town and will provide enough energy for any equipment you need to charge. Be sure no harm come to those panels; those 2 are the equivalent, in both output AND COST to a total of 72 solar panels. Which is a hell of a lot of shizz. Going to bed now, will be back on tonight to work on it some more, likely including public-access wires in at least the desert town and pretty-fication of The Grid's main office in the desert.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:02:28 am by alway »

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 02:19:40 am »

Forsaken, you forgot to put buildcraft-client-C-silicon-3.1.5.zip in the modpack!

edit: there doesn't appear to be a server version?
Problematic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 03:14:58 am »

We are quite polite peoplez, so you dont really need to have an age be completely private, just put a sign next to it saying that you cant enter it.
If you REALLY dont want people entering it, make it a book stand in obsidian container where the only enterance is blocked by a gate that has an acces code. But thats probably not worth the effort.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 03:49:31 am »

Is there any way to keep a mystcraft age private, as in nobody can follow you? I've tried:

-Store the book in a personal safe using a transposer (Transposer won't put things in a personal safe)
-Make a portal to the overworld at the spawn point/original entry point, and just activate the portal whenever you're there (but then how do you unlock it when you want to return to the age?)

I would say many many linking books, and timed tnt traps before you change worlds.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 05:23:43 am »

I would say many many linking books, and timed tnt traps before you change worlds.
Or just stand in water when you change worlds.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 06:49:49 am »

Forsaken, you forgot to put buildcraft-client-C-silicon-3.1.5.zip in the modpack!

edit: there doesn't appear to be a server version?
Problematic.
We're not using buildcraft 3.x because it is not SMP ready. We're using buildctaft 2 right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 07:31:53 am »

I nicened up the machine room, now its not a crapshack anymore :P

And i'm currently designing a solar panel factory in ssp, because making them takes so long

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 220