Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 123992 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Autumn 937 AAL
« Reply #1005 on: September 17, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »

You are trapped at knife-point between two unreasonable people.  How do you proceed?
Talinth spared a glance for Sahainn to prepare to attack to take down as fast as possible, but not kill, just in case.

"I really think you should calm down and take this knife out of my neck, miss." he said calmly. Of course, he still had chain mail to protect his neck and had somewhat quick reflexes, but it still was not a comfortable position. Mary had abused both his trust in the common folk and his moment of carelessness - since he wasn't expecting an attack in such a situation - to threaten his life.

"If your situation is bad, you're only making it worse by threatening me. Even if you did kill me, what do you think would happen? You would not be granted what you desire and would be hunted by law instead."

Try to convince her to give up and talk instead. If she as much as tenses for an attack, then try to move and make the knife blow hit armor or mail instead of flesh. Then both knight and worg should subdue her, nonlethally but with due force.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 18, 2012, 02:36:59 pm »

Theor stood in his old chamber, in which he stayed clad in iron and bronze. The old scale armour of his father, forming a raven on the chest in polished bronze... A wonder that it was fitting like a glove. To that, he wore a mail hood with a nasal helmet and mail gloves. His legs are protected by plates of steel... All in all a armor, fitting for a knight. He rested his sword, which was pointed straight perpendicular to the ground, touching the cold stone. Looking out of the window, watching the gleaming light of Arendalis. "Again. North and South..." But! Not exactly. Just a jealous prince, who wanted the throne, now that his own brother was ill, struck with the Grey Death. "Nothing better to do as wrangling for the throne. Heh. What would you except from a Conricht anyway. Children from dogs and snakes... Shame that the king is one." He sighed. Maybe a visitation would please the king... But Theor didn't want to be near to him. Not only he was a Conricht... The comte feared the Grey Death. Even noble blood seemed to be vunerable to this foul disease. He sighed again, took the sword and sheathed it with one swift move. Time to go to the throne room. Maybe something interesting was happening there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:10:35 pm by Dragor23 »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 18, 2012, 04:10:23 pm »

"Do you beleive there is no other way but conflict? I hope thar Richard wil see his folly once I gather up enough troops."

Edgard sighed.

"I will apprecieate if you leave your troops in the capital, but you are free to go wherever. I will be organising a council to write a joint letter to the prince, so it would be good if you stayed in Stormstead for a while."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 18, 2012, 04:12:31 pm »

As you wish my liege. I will stay and sign this letter but, it will be for naught. Harald rose and left the Chamber.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 19, 2012, 01:08:27 am »

Reports flow back to the capital.  Duc Stoneson attempted treachery, working for Prince Richard, and attacked the crown army at the  western bridge north of Stormstead in the guise of an ally.  Although the crown levy of two regiments was killed Duc Tengrim intervened and destroyed Stoneson's army along with the Duc himself and his son.  Tengrim's peasant levies were lost in the battle and the old man sustained minor head injuries, but his heavy cavalry remained intact.

On a minor note, Sir Ardeic Bauldargruff, son of the late Grand Marshall, is knighted into the Order of the Dragonspine for killing Duc Stoneson on the field of battle.

Duc Stoneson is dead, along with his army.  The crown regiments guarding the west bridge north of Stormstead have both been lost.  Duc Rakon Tengrim has lost two infantry regiments, but emerged victorious from the battle.  He enslaves the remaining traitors (1 unit) and sells them on for 10 crowns.

The Stonesons are rightly branded traitors, and back in Spiritusaer the barons quickly execute his last heir and enslave his wife to placate both sides.  They have no more strength to contribute, leaving Spiritusaer defenceless and unable to participate further in the war.

Duc Tengrim marches to Spiritusaer to pacify it, and the local barons immediately and unanimously vote him the new Duc of Spiritusaer.  The city folds instantly upon his arrival.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:53:18 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 19, 2012, 03:44:47 pm »

Trent sat upon his horse over seeing men set to work below him, this area of land which dipped down behind a hill and was covered from two sides by sheer cliff faces of the taller hills. The trees that had once occupied the place had been cleared away and even now men set about working them into stakes all around the perimeter of the camp. Many tents covered the area and several cook-fires burnt as food was prepared for the men.

To either side of him were two men, the first was one of the few remaining rangers, and aged man with greying hair named Revnan, he was the most proven among the remains of the order and had led the attack on the caravan laden with Duc Stoneson's gift. The other man was a farmer, Jefred Stoneburn, he had proven himself quickly upon their arrival here as he ordered the men and quickly carried out the overseeing of the construction of the trench and spikes.

"Revnan I need you to ride to Spiritusaer, speak of the rightful place Prince Richard must hold, and the snake Edgard that keeps him from it.

Do so in secret at first, but if support improves speak openly, tell them that I call them to arms, the peasants of this land must stand up and show them that we shall stand for what we believe. The Prince, no the nation needs us to rise up and fight for what we must!"

With that said Trent turned to Jefred and spoke again, "Continue the preparations for defense of this camp, if they want us they must come for us, and here we shall make them pay for every inch of ground they shall take."
Pausing he raised his voice to a yell so all in the camp could hear,

"If we must fight a war we shall do it like honorable men, we shall show them that it is our will that shall decide who sits upon the throne in the absence of our great king.

For the rightful Regent let us stand, in years to come it shall be spoken of us who stood for the rightful Regent! Those who gathered in the name of Prince Richard and stood for war even though they were free men without the call of a noble to arms!

For the Prince, and for Windheath!"

As his words faded similar cries erupted from the camp below, and the two men who had stood beside him gave the same cry before riding off to carry out there orders.

Have Revnan ride to Spirituaser and spread the above orders.
Have my men fortify the camp as best they can, and set them to constructing makeshift catapults from the trees already felled.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 20, 2012, 03:46:44 pm »

Head to Jitpau.
The prophet is not especially hard to find. Most of the locals have heard of him, and can tell you where he preaches.

"And spill not the blood of thine brother, thine sister, thine father or mother; their blood is yours, your blood is theirs; by raising your axe in anger against them, you raise your axe against yourself, like a coward. Make peace with your brethren, and turn your anger to foreigners."
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 20, 2012, 04:03:18 pm »

The prophet is not especially hard to find. Most of the locals have heard of him, and can tell you where he preaches.

"And spill not the blood of thine brother, thine sister, thine father or mother; their blood is yours, your blood is theirs; by raising your axe in anger against them, you raise your axe against yourself, like a coward. Make peace with your brethren, and turn your anger to foreigners."

Ril listens for a while, dull-eyed, waiting for the sermon to be over so he may speak, one of his hands lingers on the hilt of the bearded axe at his belt, the other hanging loosely by his side. His lips bear a false smile.

When the sermon finished, he approached Jitpau, bending at the hips in a bow.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 20, 2012, 04:07:13 pm »

Jitpau nods, waves regally for Ril to rise.

"How can I help you, my son?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 20, 2012, 04:10:23 pm »

"I hear you are in need of someone to fetch something for you? The Regent has sent me to fulfill that task." Ril replies, his tone polite, crisp and smooth. He waits a second longer, before he does rise, hands interlocking behind his back.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 20, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »

"I hear you are in need of someone to fetch something for you? The Regent has sent me to fulfill that task." Ril replies, his tone polite, crisp and smooth. He waits a second longer, before he does rise, hands interlocking behind his back.
"Ah, of course. I require the testimony of Grand Reader Varahan. He, or his successors, may be found at the monastery of Abernost, in the duchy of Parnost. I have written a letter explaining the need of a fellow scholar for his research. That should be sufficient for him- or his successors- to either provide you with his research, or make copies of the relevant sections."

Jitpau sniffs.

"You may want to get a few guards. These are dangerous times. There are no secrets in my letter, and you should feel free to show it should it hasten your journey past... curious soldiers. But do not let anyone delay you. It is becoming increasingly urgent that I continue my holy quest."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 20, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »

"You may want to get a few guards. These are dangerous times. There are no secrets in my letter, and you should feel free to show it should it hasten your journey past... curious soldiers. But do not let anyone delay you. It is becoming increasingly urgent that I continue my holy quest."
Ril gestured to the three men behind him, they all looked trim and ready for a fight, their eyes drifting around the place of the sermon, looking for any danger.

"Very well. May I please have it? I'm in a bit of a hurry, if I may be rude enough to say."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 20, 2012, 04:47:15 pm »

"The letter is in the hands of Edgard, the regent. You may retrieve it from him. Blessings of the Gods upon you."

Jitpau makes to leave.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 20, 2012, 04:50:08 pm »

Ril's left eye twitches, and he facepalms with a mild grumble of  annoyance.

"Gods bless you moreso, Jitpau."

Go get the letter from Edgard.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 20, 2012, 04:58:33 pm »

Edgard was surprised to see Ril back so quickly.

"So, you're back from Arendalis already? Did you talk to the prophet?"

He figured out that something was amiss, as Ril's face showed some impatience. Only then he remembered about the letter and the talisman.
"Oh, right you are here for the... hehe.. I forgot to tell you earlier. Forgive me, but I am currently the most demanded man in the country. I have lot to do."

Edgard walked over to his bookcase and picked up Bohromu's talisman and the letter.
"Take'em both. Jitpau said that the bear will protect you on the way."

Give the letter and the talisman to Ril.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 101