Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691597 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #3000 on: November 25, 2016, 01:09:52 pm »

My parents refuse to let me buy Portal on Steam-PC, so I have to get a PlayStation or an Xbox. Which one is better? (I have younger siblings who would use it too.)
Why the heck not?  :o
"Oh, you spend too much time on that computer." So evidently the solution is for me to spend more time on an Xbox instead.
...That is quite silly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3001 on: November 25, 2016, 01:11:07 pm »

Is there any way they'd know if you bought it on the sly?
Well, considering that I don't have any money, and don't know how to buy things online without a credit card... I'd have to steal their card, and that would be BAD and I won't do that. :P

My parents refuse to let me buy Portal on Steam-PC, so I have to get a PlayStation or an Xbox. Which one is better? (I have younger siblings who would use it too.)
Why the heck not?  :o
"Oh, you spend too much time on that computer." So evidently the solution is for me to spend more time on an Xbox instead.
...That is quite silly.
That's what I said.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: November 25, 2016, 01:13:11 pm »

Hey, anyone got a spare copy of Portal?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: November 25, 2016, 02:11:41 pm »

Portal 1, not 2? Was free for a while, thought it still was.
I've got three gift copies for some reason, pm me your email or steamid  (looks like I can gift mobilely alright...)
I'll give away the other two too, just pm
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3004 on: November 25, 2016, 03:21:37 pm »

It costs six dollars! It's 80% off! ARMOKDAMNIT, parents! (How long will the 80%-off last? How can I tell?)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: November 25, 2016, 04:14:18 pm »

What is the term for when meat goes stale?

You know... like if you cook pork... put it in the fridge... wait a day or two... Then even if you heat it up again you can tell it was made a few days ago easily.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 25, 2016, 04:21:30 pm »

You know... like if you cook pork... put it in the fridge... wait a day or two... Then even if you heat it up again you can tell it was made a few days ago easily.
Like, not rotten but already kinda eh? I would say "off" or "starting to turn/go", I guess.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: November 25, 2016, 05:49:48 pm »

It costs six dollars! It's 80% off! ARMOKDAMNIT, parents! (How long will the 80%-off last? How can I tell?)
Sale ends on the 29th, IIRC.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 29, 2016, 05:18:04 pm »

Why are humans, like, the only animal that actually likes Eye Contact? (mind you... we do have aggression eye contact and stuff)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 29, 2016, 05:24:54 pm »

Essentially, because we developed advanced eye communication and other animals haven't. For them, there is only aggressive eye contact. This is also the reason why almost all humans have white sclera and other species mostly don't, as it permits clearer eye communication.

One notable related factor is with dogs. Dogs raised by humans develop eye signals alongside or instead of the typical body signals dogs raised by other dogs have, and if the dogs with eye signals raise children without human contact that generation will have eye signals passed down to them. This is also why many dogs have white sclera compared to similar species, because it conveys an advantage when working with humans.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 29, 2016, 09:22:33 pm »

Was the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) named such as an attempt to insult the users of GNU/Linux software?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: November 29, 2016, 10:38:03 pm »

No? When the name was coined it meant General Image Manipulation Program, not GNU etc. The shift to GNU came later, and didn't really have anything to do with insulting anyone far as I'm aware.

Huh. Apparently a few days late, but the word you're looking for is spoiled. Spoiling, starting to spoil, etc., etc. For lesser stuff, other than drying out there's not really a specific term for it, so far as I've encountered.

... should take more than a day or two for freshly cooked pork to start going bad, though, unless something's up with the fridge or the meat was getting close to starting to go when it was cooked.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: December 02, 2016, 05:22:56 am »

What did the Ouya promise it would do and why did people not like it?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: December 02, 2016, 05:35:52 am »

1. OUYA Kickstarter sales-pitch video had Minecraft and a really cool looking UI. Both of which never made it to the final product.
2. Shipping DISASTER. No one received their OUYA by the time OUYA promised they would get it. This is not too bad, but the fact that OUYA NEVER apologized for the fiasco rubbed all of the Kickstarters the wrong way.
3. Terrible WiFi. The WiFi chip sucked so much that there are several REDDIT articles solely devoted to power-line adapters for the OUYA. I admit, I would never have bought a power-line adapter had it not been for the OUYA.
4. Terrible controller connectivity. The first batch of controllers had deadzones and sometimes would just not work. Then, OUYA recommended we send them back for replacement, which TOOK FOREVER.
5. Julie Uhrman left the building. When was the last time you EVER heard anything from her. She has totally given up on the OUYA as evidenced by her not responding to any REDDIT or any forums for AGES.
6. Julie never took responsibility and apologized to the Kickstarter backers for the crappy DHL shipping, crappy controllers, and if you're lucky enough the crappy fans that fell off the CPU during shipping.
7. User Interface (UI). The UI still is so freaking LAGGY that it takes my OUYA two minutes just to load the stupid thumbnails for the games in the Explore (or whatever it is called) menu.
8. No ability to unbrick the OUYA. The OUYA should have come with DEV tools to be able to resurrect the OUYA in the event a flashed MOD went haywire.
9. Should have come unrooted right out of the box.
10. OUYA did not support the modding community. They should have supported and made easier the ability to flash a new ROM on the OUYA or allow the OUYA to be stock Android.
11. The "all games are free to try" and then "just tricking, we now charge for them". The switch in monetization of the games was HORRIBLE and considering the 'free to play' was one of the biggest selling points it rubbed everyone who bought an OUYA the wrong way.
12. No Mario or exclusive 'anchor' game. Yeah, you're thinking of bombsquad or the tower game but those are now both on PS and only were on the OUYA as exclusive for such a short amount of time it doesn't really count. I think there are some exclusive games, but they all SUCK so much that even the Play Store would not take them.
13. Lack of updates. I turned my OUYA on this morning after reading the news about OUYA's sale and there was no update or anything. I have not turned it on in I think over a year.

Found this list of complaints, and I've bolded the promises. The rest of the post, and the rest of the thread probably touch on the biggest things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: December 02, 2016, 09:55:34 am »

The what???
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 638