Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686978 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Flat-nosed pigdogs]
« Reply #4095 on: October 23, 2017, 07:48:53 pm »

How're these?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: October 24, 2017, 02:44:30 am »

So, the FIFA video games are incredibly popular. Is there anything approaching for american handegg?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: October 24, 2017, 02:52:57 am »

Madden NFL is the signature series to parallel FIFA world cup, iirc.

I stay away from those dusty, shameless devotions to mammon, personally.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: October 24, 2017, 04:50:57 am »

Cheers, third one is promising. I'm trying to get some photos at night, mainly.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: October 26, 2017, 06:31:33 am »

How does one know if they're in falsetto outside of pitch?

Falsetto lacks rich reverb tones. Put your fingers on your throat. Make the note. Is there a lot of vibration with the note, or just a little? If it is just a little, you are likely in falsetto.  Additionally, get out a good audio recorder and record yourself making the tone, then play it back. Do you hear any of the richer tonalities of your normal singing voice? If not, definitely falsetto.

(Techical: Falsetto is achieved when just the outer mucosa on the vocal chord vibrates, which is why it lacks the deeper reverb and rich tonalities of normal voice.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: October 26, 2017, 06:43:17 am »

I'm no professional singer, but I can also feel a distinct difference in the resonance throughout my whole nasopharynx. Hard to explain, but the falsetto register gives this feeling of I guess tightness. I don't use it a whole lot, though, so I don't know how helpful that really is, heh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: November 06, 2017, 09:47:23 pm »

It's actually an unsolved problem. Presently, there are two substantial hypotheses: That areas of uneven density create more young, bright stars which then move out of the spiral or die, or that mutual gravity between stars creates an alignment of logarithmic spirals. The latter hypothesis is the newer of the two.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: November 06, 2017, 09:54:05 pm »

How is it that galaxies maintain the shape of their arms?
They don't; the spiral structure degrades over time. It's more stable than expected, though, and exactly why that is is indeed not fully elucidated!

However,
If the interior of a galaxy orbits faster than the ring
this isn't the case either.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: November 06, 2017, 10:22:36 pm »

Stars in galaxies display a relationship between velocity and radius that can only succinctly be described as "weird". They don't match the naïve expectations from orbital mechanics at all. This is usually blamed on dark matter, because dark matter is always to blame, except when it's dark energy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: November 06, 2017, 10:46:58 pm »

The "dark" in dark matter signifies our utter ignorance about it. It may not even exist at all and we've just totally missed some aspect of physics or mathematics that puts a huge hole in the universe at large scales. All that we discuss about dark matter is basically induction, that whatever percent of the universe is made of it because gravity doesn't account for galaxies without this hidden mass.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: November 07, 2017, 01:56:07 am »

I blame Darth Nihilus.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: November 08, 2017, 12:55:35 pm »

70-50 million years ago? I never knew the early mammals were so technologically prolific.

Anyway, agriculture is a gradient process from hunter-gathering. You gain slight innovations as time goes on, and those innovations slow you down. You learn how to control some animals and how to predict the seasons of some plants, and end up in a cycle instead of wandering aimlessly. Eventually you learn how to breed animals who want food that you can't eat and identify plants which are both hardy enough to grow easily and desirably edible, and your society slows down even more, maybe even stays in an area indefinitely. And then some gross motherfucker on a dare from his buddies figures out that the liquid remains of rotten grain are actually really fun to drink.

And then, surely, slowly, but yet inexorably, you stop moving. You learn how to winter or else live in a place without winters. You plant the hardy crops, you breed the controllable animals, and you drive yourself mad trying to discern the rules of fermentation. Then your population explodes past the human social limit and everything goes to shit until the state is invented. That's about it, really.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: November 08, 2017, 01:05:50 pm »

I'm farily certain he's talking about harvester ants growing mushroom.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: November 08, 2017, 01:08:21 pm »

No Gods, No Masters.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 637