Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 88

Author Topic: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies  (Read 130294 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2012, 01:15:14 pm »

The "cartoon version" is a superior version, if you're referring to BTAS, btw. Christopher Nolan's got nothing on Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2012, 01:25:17 pm »

And once again I curse the internet, because I was actually looking forward to seeing batman unspoiled.

Yay~
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2012, 02:05:34 pm »

Sorry, I didn't think while ranting. I mean I did, but not that.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »

I have mixed feelings about this new Batman movie.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2012, 05:05:22 pm »

I'm slightly surprised it managed to the get PG-13 rather than R

Ohh that is because the ratings system is corrupt... No I am not even joking.

Note: I don't mean any bribing happened, they are just allowed to increase or decrease the rating according to how much they like the movie.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:08:22 pm by Neonivek »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2012, 05:24:26 pm »

Which is why a real zombie outbreak would start in some poor, populous African country.
Actually I think there is a Webcomic out there that uses that basis to represent how the outbreak happens... Can't remember the name, lost the bookmark...

Basically it starts in a small African town, which gets sectioned off by the African Military who attempts to wipe out the infection, fails, calls in American backup, which also fails due to not knowing whats been going on inside the infected zone cause, hey, what African Army General tells anyone anything when you look at the media, all America knew was that it was a problem that the local militants couldn't handle and thus stuck their nose into it on request. They fuck up, the infection starts covering Africa, spreads via both land and air as the infected are Transported back to the States, Cause you know some stupid Egghead wants a living sample to study, which also breaks out cause no one knows how to truly handle something that can resist general pain and normal human restraints cause heck they still think its a "rage induced action" and they are still living people, so no head shots there. Which then leads to a general break down as the airport which the plane lands at when the zed breaks free and infects the crew and workers, which drains into a currently running airport infecting hundreds if not thousands, which then goes on into the city, leading to a sudden and rapid growth due to how commuters and general civil reaction time handles a large group of undead zeds charging at you. This leads to small forces being over run, small barracks deeply under prepared and thus over run before any information can get out that the area is becoming infected in the large standings that it is, the Military cocksup and thinks its something small and easily wiped out like normal and thus under prepares their troops who get swarmed, leading to a whole country being crippled. Meanwhile the Zeds have crossed into Europe and everything is hitting the fan...

Meanwhile in Madagascar...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2012, 05:25:51 pm »

Ok, back from the movie, you didn't ruin it that much thankfully :P

Anyways, the most eggregious (damn that word) exampl of the 13 rating is when

Also
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2012, 05:26:53 pm »

Plus I never could get as you guys pointed out, why do the zombies choose to only zombify certain people and eat the others.

Zombify the athletic/strong ones (who would get victims more easily), consume the rest?

Like a shark; sharks generally don't eat people, they give a little nip, then let go, because most of us don't have the body fat level of a seal.

So, fattys get eaten, fit get zombified, because this people get bitten a couple times, then released.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2012, 05:28:44 pm »

not shamblers, those are way too easy to outrun.
A Brisk Walk would outpace a Shambler... I mean, you just need to speed up a little more then normal, something lower then a jog and you would be ok...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2012, 07:57:45 pm »

I think 28 weeks later got it nicely, how it would work, the only possible way for it to spread effectively would include running zombies, not shamblers, those are way too easy to outrun.

That or the Romero rules where *everybody* who dies becomes a zombie. Then the war never stops and the enemy has infinite resources so the idea humanity would be completely *fucked* is more plausible...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2012, 08:21:15 pm »

Zombie who die become zombie?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:46 pm »

I can't help doing this either.

I'm related to a military nerd, mostly the Vietnam war. Rather than his knowledge ruining films he seems to enjoy picking them apart. Vehicles, uniforms, and other equipment are the main complaints.

I get irked whenever a sci-fi makes reference to genetic memory.  I know its sci-fi and I know I'm not supposed to think too hard about it, but for some reason the idea of storing all the information in your brain inside your DNA really bothers me. 

Looking at you Stargate SG1!
Looking at you Assassins Creed!
The film that pushes the limits on this hardest in my eyes is Alien Resurrection. It also has something else that bugged me.
Spoiler: DNA stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: other thing (click to show/hide)
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2012, 12:13:29 am »

Note that viruses aren't above manipulating you as well. The flu makes you extra sociable, for example.

I want to backtrack a couple pages for this. Where did you read this? This is the first time I've heard of the flu making you sociable.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2012, 12:18:58 am »

A cracked article, iirc. Lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT: Can not find it. Alas.

I do remember the context, though. And probably not cracked, now that I think about it. It was about how some diseases aid in their propagation by affecting your behavior. Beyond the flu, the most obvious virus that makes you do stuff would be rabies; it doesn't make you aggressive out of pure happenstance.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:21:58 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2012, 12:45:35 am »

The people come in too late to hear the guy's last words in Citizen Kane. :u
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 88