n/a

n/a
- 0 (0%)
n/a
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 10, 2012, 07:56:54 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Community Aurora 4xGame: Allies & Reich in Space. Meeting the Reich at Jupiter  (Read 38315 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Community 4X Game: You Play Aurora: Allies and Reich in Space.
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:55 pm »

To Lockheed and Boeing:
Could those designs be fitted with passive sensors? Wouldn't want to get sprung by any Reich ships.

(OOC: Do colliers and tankers count as civilian or military?)

With the sensors it would be much cheaper to make a smaller ship packed with sensors than it would be to make the freighters more complex. Colliers and Tankers can be either Military or Commercials AFAIK, one of the determining factors is the engine chosen. - Edit: It seems that putting sensors on a craft also makes it a military craft, as well as a maintenance bay.  So that would also crap out putting sensors on the freighters.
     A fleet composed of several freighters and one tanker fitted with sensors is probably something we should consider as a high priority, especially with our goal of nabbing Mars, {pity about the trivial amount of Corundium, though, that's gonna hurt us for a long time}.

Edit - looks like a small military ship with dedicated sensors is the only option.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:36:52 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 10:34:34 pm »

First and foremost, we at Diplomacy Corp request Fritz Wolfgang to be assigned to the Reich Embassy as "Special Staff" instead of being forced to examine rocks.  Both Fritz and whomever is in charge of Survey Teams need to trust me when I say that Captain Wolfgang can do far more for the Allies as an operative than as a surveyor.  Also, mysterious head of Survey Teams and Captain Wolfgang each gets one favor from me in the future.  Plus, he's better at espionage than surveying (no doubt because he's German by birth).

Now that that is out of the way, I'll offer the simplest method of picking teams: Give me one Espionage team of the best people, then one Espionage Team of the next best.

For Diplomacy, give me a team of the best personel possible.  By the way, would Fleet Command be willing to let somebody less qualified deal with Public Relations, to free up Captain Christelle Conrad to join our diplomatic team?  While Public Relations is important, Diplomacy is life-or-death.

Send everything at the Reich.  Sweet talk them with the diplomats, while stealing their tech with the spies.

Research advice: I know it's not my department, but as a Fighter Jock, I'd suggest researching at least one of the following: Command Module, Crew Quarters - Small, Engineering Section - Small, Fuel Storage - Small.  Put simply, each of these techs adds one weapon to our fighters and gunboats, roughly.

I also note that my officer is useless when it comes to team skills.  No wonder I'm a department head!

EDIT: Just realized I'm in charge of Xeno teams.  By all means, Dr. Manfryd Koch is more than welcome to join the dig.  And I heartily agree that the sooner we explore the ruins on Mars, the better.  Give Dr. Koch the best we have, excluding Captain Anja Galena, who is needed to head up another team.  Captain Flying Dice and Dr. Manfryd Koch will divide up the remaining eligible personnel to make two roughly equal teams, and join Dr. Koch ASAP.  And remember, Wolfgang is in Espionage, and unavailable for Xeno team duty.  I'd like the other scientists and civilian administrators to join our Xeno Teams as well, as otherwise we're down a team.  But I understand if they are needed elsewhere.

And since I want the Civilian Administrators eligible for Xeno duty on my teams, I vote against them for colony leadership, at least until I have some new graduates to replace them.

Now to go into my garage and tinker with fighter designs...

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 12:02:09 am »

We will go to mars, and make it ours.

Me, Manfryd Koch, and a hand picked team of explorers will get on board the very first ship bound for the red planet with enough supplies to last us 3 years. We will investigate the ruins and find their origins. We will also start to plan for the full fledged exploration of the structures when a sufficient contingent of technicians and engineer can be ferried to Mars.

From careful analysis of the data sent by the probes we have good reason to think that the structures are from an advanced civilization, and thus the discoveries made there could very well gain us the edge we need over the Reich.

OOC
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
NONGAME RAMBLINGS:
The Mars was pretty much is an one continent one ocean type of planet. In such configurations (based on what I saw at that BBC programs), The rain will fall on the mountain-side that face the ocean (hence the coast), while the other mountain side that face the continent interior will get little or get nothing at all. This mimics the Euroasia continent. The rain hardly reach Central Asia steep and Gobi Desert because those locations are pretty far from any ocean. The Mars, Southern Continent interior will become pretty much a steep and desert. Why Red? The Mars got plenty Iron Oxide on soil, so it cast reddish hue if we see from space (but not so red as our Real-World mars), but you can see Green along the Boreal (Northern) Ocean coast and on Northern shores of Hellas Sea. Most Mars fern-like plants lives there.
Local flora consist of: Cyanobacteria (differ from the on at Earth), Lichen-Grass, Fern-Like Plants (produce spores) with radial leaf, the Giant Lycopod-like Trees (can grow into 100 metres) with Cactus-like variant lycopod tree. The plants are different from the one at earth (hence the word -like).
Local fauna consist of: Worm-like insects, Giant Bugs (actually some kind of large exoskeleton animal that breath with lung), animal which can safely called Lizard (Synapsid) but had very different jaws and pelvic configuration, and strange small divertebra animal that had two 'back' bone on their side that make some people on Earth called them Walking Land-Fish, and a Mollusc families that walk on two fleshy legs. And many other not-so different on outside animals.
On sea there are a lot of Invertebrate, the dominant large spesies are Divertebra Fish like the Giant Mars-Shark. While most Vertebral fish are small and eel like.
There are no large flying animals other than small worm-insect with wings.
Yeah mars was very strange from Earth perspectives.
Based on genetics studies of plant samples brought from Mars in 1990s, it is concluded the Earth life and Mars life didn't had a common ancestor. It is thought as an example of classic convergent evolution. Some accept this as proof that there are God(s), some say that this proof there is no God(s). But let leave the religion baggage behind, the world had move on afterall...
Also you can't eat Martian lifeforms for food as it is. First, their intrinsic biomolecules are different so while you can digested the carbohydrates and lipids it is unlikely you can get amino acid as the Martian life employ some amino acid that not found on Earth life. Second, most Martian life employ biomolecules that can had severe result on Earth lifeforms and vice versa. But because of that Human shouldn't worry of risk of infections as no Mars microorganism capable to penetrate nor fool our immune systems.
So the Xeno team and subsequent colonist must plant their own food.
For relevant further reading:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoBiochemicalBarriers
The same things didn't really exist on Venus. Venus lifeforms and Earth lifeforms are in general pretty similar internally, but the difference was so much we cannot see that they was Earth Lifeform. It hypothesized someone or something transplant Permian Earth lifeforms to Venus and it outcompete and outgambit native Venusian lifeforms, thus most Venusian lifeforms went extinct in several million years.
So Venus lifeforms are more eatable than Mars lifeforms, although it's still advised to not too, let's our stick to Earth-based food that had served us well for several millions years.

GAME RAMBLINGS:
Well... It depends who ANEA choose as team members, in unlikely event the ANEA or other Directorate members didn't say anything for team member, I assumed Dr. Koch say: "Screw this", get rouge, kidnapping team members, stealing one of Allied Survey Ships and go straight to Mars while drinking beer in zero gravity.

To Lockheed and Boeing:
Could those designs be fitted with passive sensors? Wouldn't want to get sprung by any Reich ships.

(OOC: Do colliers and tankers count as civilian or military?)

Allied State Secretary:
Your suggestion had been forwarded to Boeing and Lockheed. They will adding the sensors when they deliver the new ships.

OOC: OK... I'll modify the design when I got home. Colliers counted as Military ships, because carrying Nuclear Missile was no civilian feat. Tanker counted as Civilian ship. Because making spaceships on lower tech level was very hard, The Reich and Allies agree to not shooting Civilian ship, they consider it barbaric, they will demand the ship to surrender, and the civilian crew will hardly resisted (while some of them will overload the engine to explode before leaving ship).

Order one each of the civilian vessels, but don't start construction on them until we have enough materials to build 2/3's of one in the stockpile of the total ships materials

Allied State Secretary:
Sir, Boeing and Lockheed representations say that they can donate those ships for free as a sample and their token of good will in Allied cause. If you like Boeing and Lockheed can provide up to 4 ships.

OOC: In history, TN tech was founded on year 1999, now is year 2004. So, Allied and Reich get 4 free Commercial Ships up to 20.000 tons and 2 free Military Ships up to 2500 tons to reflect their shipbuilding in those 5 years period. So pick your favorite ships.

With the sensors it would be much cheaper to make a smaller ship packed with sensors than it would be to make the freighters more complex. Colliers and Tankers can be either Military or Commercials AFAIK, one of the determining factors is the engine chosen. - Edit: It seems that putting sensors on a craft also makes it a military craft, as well as a maintenance bay.  So that would also crap out putting sensors on the freighters.
     A fleet composed of several freighters and one tanker fitted with sensors is probably something we should consider as a high priority, especially with our goal of nabbing Mars, {pity about the trivial amount of Corundium, though, that's gonna hurt us for a long time}.
Edit - looks like a small military ship with dedicated sensors is the only option.
The Commercial ship can be equipped with sensor if it is no bigger than 50 tons (1 HS) any bigger than that the Ship are considered Military Ships. Putting active sensor always make the ships as Military because Active sensor are' aggresive' type of sensor.
The Corundium was pretty much the limiting factor on Sol Expansion in my games. This always forced me to established mining colonies in other systems. It is an irony, because we need more corundium we produce more mines that will need more corundium.
This situation reminding me when I embarks on Fortress with no Copper, Silver, nor Iron Ores, only God-Damn Native Gold, I never so hate Gold like that game. I can't built more picks and axes from shit, and my fortress depend on Traders and Goblinite to make picks and weapons. In my game those ores are the limiting factors that should force me to do some expansion, that time I really wish Toady should make an option to make my dwarves raid some nearby human settlements, stealing Pans, Pots, and other cooking utensil, and smelt them into picks and axes. Good Lord, this turned into some DF grudging...

First and foremost, we at Diplomacy Corp request Fritz Wolfgang to be assigned to the Reich Embassy as "Special Staff" instead of being forced to examine rocks.  Both Fritz and whomever is in charge of Survey Teams need to trust me when I say that Captain Wolfgang can do far more for the Allies as an operative than as a surveyor.  Also, mysterious head of Survey Teams and Captain Wolfgang each gets one favor from me in the future.  Plus, he's better at espionage than surveying (no doubt because he's German by birth).

Now that that is out of the way, I'll offer the simplest method of picking teams: Give me one Espionage team of the best people, then one Espionage Team of the next best.

For Diplomacy, give me a team of the best personel possible.  By the way, would Fleet Command be willing to let somebody less qualified deal with Public Relations, to free up Captain Christelle Conrad to join our diplomatic team?  While Public Relations is important, Diplomacy is life-or-death.

Send everything at the Reich.  Sweet talk them with the diplomats, while stealing their tech with the spies.

Research advice: I know it's not my department, but as a Fighter Jock, I'd suggest researching at least one of the following: Command Module, Crew Quarters - Small, Engineering Section - Small, Fuel Storage - Small.  Put simply, each of these techs adds one weapon to our fighters and gunboats, roughly.

I also note that my officer is useless when it comes to team skills.  No wonder I'm a department head!

ADC Head:
Order acknowledge sir. Captain Fritz Wolfgang wil be join Captain Garth Edelstein, Captain Bruce Sortino, Captain Rod Scordato and Captain Gracia Pizarro Collado as deep cover espionage team. Is this team is what you had in mind sir?
As per you request sir ACFC HQ had transferred Captain Christelle Conrad to CA Norma Pickelsimer Peace Envoys with Colonel Darrel Mitchiner, CA Gillian Mercer and Captain Elroy Bells. The ACFC HQ Public Affairs duty now falls to Captain Dwain Ruvolo hand. Is this team is what you had in mind sir?

: ARLaN Chief:
It depends on what the HEAD of ANSA thinks sir. He is the one with authorization to command research.
But, in the event the head of ANSA become incapacitated, compromised or missing, the rest of Directorate can dictate the research priorities by majority basis.

OOC: Is it just me or many of our top espionage capable teams had vague Germanic names. Metagame: Jack Euchre was the fastest Captain-level with the highest Fleet Ratings. (and it looks like Captain Jack Euchre will soon be promoted to Flag Captain).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:06:48 am by Aboth Ber »
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 12:25:55 am »

Espionage and Diplomacy teams are correct.  Is it possible to form another espionage team?

Gee, the only counsel member in the active military (and the one who controls espionage, no less) is the highest-rated Captain.  Needless to say, I have no idea whatsoever how that could have happened.   ;D

Regarding my research suggestion: Without reducing the size basic ship systems such as life support, fuel, or engineering, we can't make Plasma Cannonade fighters.  But, since researching two size reduction technologies would take away 1 of the 2 scientists I need for my 3rd* Xeno team (we can have multiple xeno teams, right), I'm not going to push too hard.   :-X

*Hereinafter, the 1-2-3 argument for my not meddling in research priorities.  Too much.

By the way, who controls the Survey Teams?  I wouldn't think it was me, but then again, I didn't think I controlled the Xeno Teams either.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 12:41:57 am »

The Commercial ship can be equipped with sensor if it is no bigger than 50 tons (1 HS) any bigger than that the Ship are considered Military Ships.
Ah, I see, none of my designs were that small, all were HS 2.
So, how about this for a Tanker design?

The Corundium was pretty much the limiting factor on Sol Expansion in my games. This always forced me to established mining colonies in other systems. It is an irony, because we need more corundium we produce more mines that will need more corundium.
We need to hope that we find a massive cache on one of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn, or we wage war for Venus. {Bugger!}
Spoiler: OOC - DF Stuff (click to show/hide)

I putting in my votes for:
Administrator Erin Quaranta to be made CG of Mars and;
Administrator Georgiana Burdon for HA of Luna.

Provisional Captain Darkening Kaos.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 12:52:05 am »

Me, Manfryd Koch, and a hand picked team of explorers will get on board the very first ship bound for the red planet with enough supplies to last us 3 years. We will investigate the ruins and find their origins. We will also start to plan for the full fledged exploration of the structures when a sufficient contingent of technicians and engineer can be ferried to Mars.
Consider this expedition to be rubber stamped. You shall hand-pick your own team of those available. While I agree with the assessment of the Diplomatic Corps regarding the assignment of Captain Wolfgang, that decision will be left in the team leader's hands and I will back you regardless. Good hunting, and I'll make sure you have some of the onsite militia there to watch your backs.

Now, to the current ANEA director, I would like to submit a long term construction request of at least 20 more research facilities so that way we may grow and continue to be either at parity or ahead of the AXIS threat technologically.

To this end, I will need to conduct some internal restructuring and streamlining of communications between the existing laboratories and Professor Keyhead will be in charge. This means a top down restucturing and in depth examination of all policies and procedures. This is what we will all be focusing on to the exclusion of all else. (All 30 labs are to be set to increase Research Rate)

When the internal restructuring is completed to my satisfaction, we are to focus on the good Doctor's proposals for Pebble Bed Reactors, again to the exclusion of all else.

Once these two things are complete, we will split research between three divisions of ten labs, whose personel is yet to be determined. The scope of each division will be as follows:

Applied Life Sciences:
     - Biology / Genetics
     - Construction / Production

Military Sciences:
     - Defense
     - Energy Weapons
     - Logistics / Ground Combat
     - Missiles / Kinetic Weapons

Energy Sciences:
     - Power / Propulsion
     - Sensors & Fire Control

Each division will work exclusively on the research under their purview, but in emergency situations all should be able to change internal focus at a moments notice. In the future, once we have enough capacity, these divisions may split apart into further specializations of themselves. After the establishment of the three divisions the initial assigned research will be as follows barring exigent circumstances or if other directors have better suggestions:

Life Sciences: Civilian Economic Expansion
Military Sciences: Fuel Storage - Small
Energy Sciences: Sensor Tracking Bonus vs Missiles

Grand Administrator Cain - ANSA - She blinded me! With... SCIENCE!

-J-
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:58:15 am by Jarod Cain »
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2012, 01:52:51 am »

Sure, make me a part of the Espionage team, don' care. As long as we can show those Reich bastards how's it's done.
But should you find someone better fit to that role than me, get me to the survey operations, please.
I just want to be in

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2012, 02:34:01 am »

Espionage and Diplomacy teams are correct.  Is it possible to form another espionage team?

Gee, the only counsel member in the active military (and the one who controls espionage, no less) is the highest-rated Captain.  Needless to say, I have no idea whatsoever how that could have happened.   ;D

Regarding my research suggestion: Without reducing the size basic ship systems such as life support, fuel, or engineering, we can't make Plasma Cannonade fighters.  But, since researching two size reduction technologies would take away 1 of the 2 scientists I need for my 3rd* Xeno team (we can have multiple xeno teams, right), I'm not going to push too hard.   :-X

*Hereinafter, the 1-2-3 argument for my not meddling in research priorities.  Too much.

By the way, who controls the Survey Teams?  I wouldn't think it was me, but then again, I didn't think I controlled the Xeno Teams either.

From what Aurora forum skimming it looks like they are no bonus sending another team. The game will perform using the same increment check to see if the team succeed in their job or fail. Thus if we send another espionage or survey team with lower ratings, they will perform badly... And if they were multiple Xeno team on planets, the forum say it will make the 'exploration chance' to go down fast. The Ruins can become 'fully explored' before become identified if we send multiple team with low team ratings. But I think I need to ask Steve for the exact rules.

The Teams are controlled by a minimum 2 Directorate Leader to make sure there will be someone giving directions:
Espionage: ANSEC and ANFA
Diplomacy: ANFA and ANEA
Survey: ANSEC, ANEA and ANMoT (since Survey Ships falls into ANMoT commands). Why there a lot? Minerals had very much military strategic values.
Xeno: ANEA and ANSA

ADC Head:
The Espionage Team that consist of Captain Fritz Wolfgang, Captain Garth Edelstein, Captain Bruce Sortino, Captain Rod Scordato and Captain Gracia Pizarro Collado, had Espionage ratings of: 110. (What the team Code name? Five Sleepers?).

(To add another layer of metagaming, I will inserted their persona as new Reich officers (they still count as your officers though) if the new officer match their own stats (minus Espionage bonus) and genders. If they were assigned by Reich to some units or ships, you get to see the Ship Design and ship positions nor movement. Warning that the Reich nor UNAC can also put Sleepers on your Officers.)

The team will be inserted through Italy and Switzerland. Each members will cooperate will local Allied Intelligence Central (IAC) operatives and given new name, backgrounds, fake credentials, and limited plastic ops, their old identity will be erased from public and Allied databanks. They will blend with local Reich population, enrolled in Reich university and will trying to enter Reich service as officers. It maybe will take years to properly infiltrate the Reich without alarming Reich authorities.

(Fritz Wolfgang had been given new Identity as Bonn. Jakob Bonn. Codename Agent Null-Null-Sieben.)

The Diplomatic Team consisted of leaded by CA Norma Pickelsimer, with Captain Christelle Conrad, Colonel Darrel Mitchiner, CA Gillian Mercer and Captain Elroy Bells as members had a team rating of 90. They will be send into our new Embassy Complex in Berlin and to tour several other Reich allied countries, and improve our standing (while also radiating and planting capitalism spirit).

Is the current configuration allright sir? If yes, we will carry out this plan right away."

Ah, I see, none of my designs were that small, all were HS 2.
So, how about this for a Tanker design?

We need to hope that we find a massive cache on one of the moons of Jupiter or Saturn, or we wage war for Venus. {Bugger!}

I putting in my votes for:
Administrator Erin Quaranta to be made CG of Mars and;
Administrator Georgiana Burdon for HA of Luna.

Provisional Captain Darkening Kaos.

In real world, tanker seaship was also very much time consuming to construct so I think that also apply in building tanker voidship. We also can't prefabricate Fuel Tanks so we kinda stuck with long wait span.
Mars loaded with Duranium and Tritanium though that used for installation construction. Remember that we can always buy Corundium from UNAC and East China.

Allied State Secretary:
"We think that will be a good decision Captain Kaos, since both the young CAs had expertise in mining so their had important role in future mining colony administration. Your proposal are noted, and will be examined by the Directorate members."

Consider this expedition to be rubber stamped. You shall hand-pick your own team of those available. While I agree with the assessment of the Diplomatic Corps regarding the assignment of Captain Wolfgang, that decision will be left in the team leader's hands and I will back you regardless. Good hunting, and I'll make sure you have some of the onsite militia there to watch your backs.

Now, to the current ANEA director, I would like to submit a long term construction request of at least 20 more research facilities so that way we may grow and continue to be either at parity or ahead of the AXIS threat technologically.

To this end, I will need to conduct some internal restructuring and streamlining of communications between the existing laboratories and Professor Keyhead will be in charge. This means a top down restucturing and in depth examination of all policies and procedures. This is what we will all be focusing on to the exclusion of all else. (All 30 labs are to be set to increase Research Rate)

When the internal restructuring is completed to my satisfaction, we are to focus on the good Doctor's proposals for Pebble Bed Reactors, again to the exclusion of all else.

Once these two things are complete, we will split research between three divisions of ten labs, whose personel is yet to be determined. The scope of each division will be as follows:

Applied Life Sciences:
     - Biology / Genetics
     - Construction / Production

Military Sciences:
     - Defense
     - Energy Weapons
     - Logistics / Ground Combat
     - Missiles / Kinetic Weapons

Energy Sciences:
     - Power / Propulsion
     - Sensors & Fire Control

Each division will work exclusively on the research under their purview, but in emergency situations all should be able to change internal focus at a moments notice. In the future, once we have enough capacity, these divisions may split apart into further specializations of themselves. After the establishment of the three divisions the initial assigned research will be as follows barring exigent circumstances or if other directors have better suggestions:

Life Sciences: Civilian Economic Expansion
Military Sciences: Fuel Storage - Small
Energy Sciences: Sensor Tracking Bonus vs Missiles

Grand Administrator Cain - ANSA - She blinded me! With... SCIENCE!

-J-

ARLaN Chief

"OK Boss... As per your directions, I had assigned Prof. Marsha Haufler the maximum lab networks she can handle (25 labs) to improve our current Research Protocols and design new Operating System for our computer and better Physic Simulators. The free 5 lab networks had been assigned to Prof. Jeremiah Spiegler the world most authoritative figure on Trans-Newtonian Energy.
We estimate Prof. Haufler wil finished her work somewhere in July this year, the freed labs will then given to Prof. Spiegler hands to boost his research.
Yes, we will need more labs to accommodates our eager Scientist that wish to stain their hands on the new TN-tech fields.

We had divide the Labs as per your proposal, based on previous Labs Network division.
The 10 Labs Networks known as Pacific Division centered in Korea and Japan will be the new center for Applied Life Science.
The 10 Labs Networks known as America Division centered in United States and Canada will be the new center for Military Science.
The 10 Labs Networks known as Europe Division centered in Britain and France will be the new center for Energy Science.

About the Xeno team:
As multiple team are redundant and not cost efficient we propose only one team. We proposed Captain Dwan Ruvoo, Captain Anja Galena, Dr. Manfryd Koch, Captain Jerald Arno, Captain Bart Koskela. This team had very high rating of 135. Is this good sir?"

Sure, make me a part of the Espionage team, don' care. As long as we can show those Reich bastards how's it's done.
But should you find someone better fit to that role than me, get me to the survey operations, please.
I just want to be in
Well the only lowest Captain rank with Survey Capabilities was Fritz and Kaos, the other also start from lowest rank. And who know? The Reich may someday employ your persona as Survey Captain. Or you can be Re-Spaced as another officer with Survey capabilities (currently none).

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2012, 02:53:33 am »

To Lockheed And Boeing:
Yes, the free ships would be very nice. Two of each.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2012, 03:21:26 am »

If that so, I also need an affirmative from ANEA since the ships production are in ANEA jurisdiction...

If both Heads of ANEA and ANMoT are agree then both Corps wil deliver the new ships.

While the 2 bonus Millitary ship will be in the ANSEC domain, but the other Directorate members had a saying in this.

I'l post the Reich design later this day...

EDIT:
I found a terrible mistake last time... Those Boeing and Lockheed are cheating our Duraniums!!! When I repeat the calculation using the right foormula I found that:
Boeing 808 Starwagon only cost $ 343M, 117 Duranium, 165 Mercassium, 36 Gallicite, 5 Corbomite; while,
Lockheed C301 cost $ 246M, 141 Duranium, 20 Mercassium, 60 Gallicite, 5 Corbomite.

Also, do we want the Freighters and ColShips equipped with Sensor?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:54:37 am by Aboth Ber »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 10:02:19 am »

Yup, everyone on the Espionage team sounds either German or Italian.  No wonder they rock!

Since we can only have one team of each type (that I can make) to send against one civilization/ruin, all team assignments are perfect.  Later on, we can expand our efforts against Reich-backed China.

Espionage team to be called: Schadenfreude.

I'm also backing off on most of the the scientists and civil administrators for now, as we only need one team of each.

Research suggestion: I would humbly suggest researching a reduction technology other than Fuel Tanks - Small, as my experience as a fighter jock (and Aurora's ship designer) tells me that fighters can use all the fuel they can get, while the 250 person crew quarters and full-sized engineering section are completely useless.

I've also determined that Plasma fighters will be impossible to create for quite a while: The Plasma Cannon, Reactor, and fire control set to Plasma Cannon range are simply too big.  We would need all ship systems are full miniturization, and a less-than-optimal fire control (bare bones, most likely) in order to get the design to work.  So, we need a new weapon for our fighters in the interim (as I personally loath empty fighter factories).

To that end, I'm suggesting our figher factories produce the following scout in the interm:

If approved, the design should be updated whenever research finishes a size-reduction technology, so our scouts can move faster and cost less.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2012, 11:21:48 am »

Well, since plasma will only practically work on large vessels, what does everyone recommend I focus our Weapons Department on instead?
Laser, Maser, Particle Beams, Railgun, Gauss, or Rockets?
-J-
Paddledwork

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2012, 11:59:52 am »

I vote railgun, since hulls of the ships aren't really going to be the first things to be upgraded.

Also, it's meson, not maser.
/grammar ally

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2012, 12:49:38 pm »

It's also missiles, not rockets, so I think Mr. Cain is just being creative with the weapon names.

Railguns are decent for fighters, but they usually don't work for larger craft.  However, railguns don't use valuable Corunidium, so they make a good first fighter weapon, at least until we get advances in missiles and gauss.

So for a first fighter weapon, I suggest using existing technology to design a railgun for our fighters.  However, I'd argue against continued development of railgun technology, instead favoring advancements in missiles and gauss, in the short term.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2012, 01:17:18 pm »

It's also missiles, not rockets, so I think Mr. Cain is just being creative with the weapon names.
Or sleep deprived and confused, something around there.
-J-
Paddledwork
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11