Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181278 times)

Dignity

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I think you'll need uncut gems for this actually, I'll have to double check this once I have access to my files tho. If that is the case I'll see about adding a reaction to crystalize a cut gem as well

The problem is, though: I have uncut gems. But it's still not letting me perform the reaction!

If it helps: here's a list of what I have:
rough schorls
rough smoky quartzes
rough citrines
rough tiger irons
rough indigo tourmalines
rough red zircons
rough red tourmalines
rough rhodolites
rough pink garnets
rough yellow spessartines
raw green glass
raw crystal glass

Apparently none of these are GEM_whatever_VALUE items...

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

You need somepony with the Gemcutter profession enabled to use it...
Also I don't think coke is a fuel... You need Coal or charcoal for fuel.  Coke is used in smelting I think.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Coke and charcoal are the two fuels in the game and work for anything.  Coke is just the name that comes from processing bituminous coal and I think lignite.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have a burrow set up? If the crystal forge is in the burrow, but the gems aren't... that'll cause it to bug out. So will the gems being in the burrow area and the crystal forge being outside it.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

hmmmmm.. lets seee

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRYSTALIZE_GEM_LOW]
   [NAME:Crystalize A Low Value Gem]
   [BUILDING:PONY_CRYSTAL_FORGE:L]
   [REAGENT:Low Value Gem:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [REACTION_CLASS:GEM_LOW_VALUE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CRYSTAL_SHARD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [FUEL]
   [SKILL:CUTGEM]

This is the reaction for the gem crystalization. The problem may lie in the REACTION_CLASS tag

I added a reaction class to the base gems in the game, based on toady's preset values.. i simply added either low, medium or high value to the various gems, like this

[INORGANIC:ONYX]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[b][REACTION_CLASS:GEM_LOW_VALUE][/b]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2][DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:1][TILE:169][IS_GEM:onyx:onyxes:OVERWRITE_SOLID]
[ENVIRONMENT:SEDIMENTARY:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2650]  Common to quartz gems
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BLACK]

You may want to check your INORGANIC_STONE_GEM.txt file, see if the reaction class is there.. otherwise you may have to change the reaction to accept any gem, or replace the gem raws and regen the world.

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, uh. I'm having a bit of the problem with the Crystal Forge: I can't make crystal shards. Apparently I need a low/high/medium/whatever value gem, plus some fuel. I'm practically drowning in coke, though, so clearly the fuel isn't the problem. Is there anything I might be doing wrong, like maybe I should be using cut gems or a different type of gem or something?

I haven't been having any problems with the crystal forge, did you set it up so it takes gems from a specific stockpile? If you did it will only accept items from that stockpile, so if there's no coke in it it'll say it's missing items. You'll need to make sure it also accepts the coke from whatever stockpile you that it in.

I have, however, been having a few problems with getting my military to reliably wear their crystal greaves. They'll never put them on at all unless I tell them to replace civilian clothing, and once I do they put on one or two. I have to physically go into their equipment and select specific pieces of greaves to get them to wear it, and even then it works roughly 70% of the time. It's a tad frustrating watching my military getting cut down by the ankles.

I've also been getting hit by a ton of Achangeling axemen, just a small typo in creature_pony_changeling
[PROFESSION_NAME:AXEMAN:achangeling axeman:changeling axemen]
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

ohdear, at least they're not ARCHangelings O_O

hmm.. I'll have to look into the greaves.. It could be due to the fact that they're already wearing a [SHAPED] item on their feet.. and you need to replace the regular horseshoes with the greaves, or i guess it could be that the greaves cover too much, and conflicts with another [SHAPED] piece of armor

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The footwear in general is seeming to be picky, I've got one pony actually wearing all 4 greaves, but only 3 socks. Another is wearing 2 socks and nothing else. I've got dozens of socks and greaves sitting in my stockpiles, so I really can't tell what is going wrong here. Only information I get is a rare message saying 'Whoever' cancels pickup equipment: Equipment mismatch

Body armor seems to be working fine, they're all wearing flax fiber padding, iron mail barding, then the crystal carapace and helm.

*Edit*
While looking through creature_pony_pony_NEW I noticed that one of the mannerism tags wasn't closed out
[MANNERISM_LEG:legDoubt that this effects anything, but there it is.

There is also most definitely a problem regarding socks. My ponies refuse to put one on their back left leg. My entire military is wearing exactly 3 socks, and the missing one is always the back left. I have over 30 socks sitting in bins so it's not due to a shortage, and I can't think of anything that would prevent them from putting one on that specific leg. The rest of their armor consists of Iron mail barding, Iron breastplate, Iron horseshoes of which all 4 are worn, Iron plumed helms, and an ironwool cloak overtop it all.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:45:50 pm by Deathseer »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

hah, that's.. a pretty interesting bug actually.. lemme look into that, It sounds like they don't know how to put their back left in.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vanilla DF has issues with socks/clothing. In the wiki, after the part about sizes and the amount of armor on a dwarf there is this sentence:
Of course, so long as the bugs are still around, we are likely to see dwarves wearing more than this or refusing to put parts on because they found their boots before their socks.
Also there is a bug in adventure mode that forces you to put on socks and books in that order: sock, boot, sock, boot.
So it's quite possible that it is a general DF bug, having nothing to do with the mod.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:56:42 pm by Asssasin Asha »

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah, I'd seen that before, but the question remains, Why only the back left?

Also armor is really good at protecting everything except cheeks, and Changelings seem to refuse to make a kill shot against an unconscious pony. One of my militia lost both his hindlegs and then spent the next few months just getting his cheeks slashed open repeatedly by 4 Changelings. He was finally rescued and this was the result.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've got another whose list is 4x as long as this one, it's just too big screencap it.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

NAME:changeling:changelings:changelings
The highlighted 's' needs to be removed from that line of code... it's a typo

I haven't ran into changelings yet in fortress mode... yet.

Also I noticed the soldier cast does not have a gender.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

yikes, tortured for hours by changelings... unfortunately helmets are always open faced in DF so facial features are not protected by helmets. I think cheeks are actually the only external part, as ponies have muzzles and i deleted the seperate "nose".

I think the cheek issue comes from a bit of a hardcoded issue where the enemy tries to attack the head to finish off the pony, but the head is also a grasper, so they focus on disabling the grasper, which results in them attacking the mouth over and over instead of braining the pony. May need to look into placements or layers or something.. I'm open for suggestions here.

Tried some experiments with socks, no go, think it might be due to the way they dress themselves.. not sure yet, will have to look into this. 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

yikes, tortured for hours by changelings... unfortunately helmets are always open faced in DF so facial features are not protected by helmets. I think cheeks are actually the only external part, as ponies have muzzles and i deleted the seperate "nose".

Nah, it's more like facial features are part of the body instead of the head despite being connected to it.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

hmm, I see... any way to protect the face that you know of?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81