Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 180811 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

hah, pretty interesting numbers there.. I wonder why unicorns do better against the changelings in general.. might be due to their stabby horns i guess.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love how alicorns almost effortlessly crush Drones and Soldiers but are equally strong as Queens. It's quite reasonable.

On another note:
Darn, with this version dfusion has changed and I can't modify the start embark... no alicorns on embark? :'(
Welp, gotta look and try to force it to work... somehow...

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, can't seem to make it so I can have those alicorns at embark. Will learn more!

In the meantime, I decided to completely ignore the fact that I am not even remotely good at DF and simply embark here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, I disabled the tile-set. I just decided that I like it this way.
I have also applied any and all binary patches found on DF's bug tracker. At least I can make a normal hospital.:P

Two earth ponies and five unicorns... haunted forest... no soap... and I don't really know what I'm doing... yup! This will end so well!

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and an aquifer to top it all off. Good luck with that one.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aquifer is easy, just time-consuming. Though I should have it done by the end of the year. We'll see.
It seems I'm lucky so far. No undead mobs or anything, just some carp, an alligator or two, some eagles.
Oh, and it's raining pony blood... looks like we're moving underground at least until I can secure some walkways and buildings on the surface.
Also, I'm forced to clean the map with DFHack after every rain. Why? Because the northern river is, for some reason, clogged with blood at the very place where my ponies take water from... well, they use it just fine, it simply looks stupid... I think it's the waterfall(though it's more of an incline) that's causing troubles. The clog happens exactly there... general DF bug, nuts... I mean just look at it...

In other news, I again ask about the archive, this time with screenshot:
On the left is the actual building; on the right its designation. The code for this is:
Code: [Select]
[BLOCK:1:0:1:1]
[BLOCK:2:1:0:1]
[BLOCK:3:0:1:1]
Is this supposed to be like that? As in, the entryway is through the shelves?
Wouldn't it make more sense to do it like this?
Code: [Select]
[BLOCK:1:1:1:1]
[BLOCK:2:1:0:1]
[BLOCK:3:1:0:1]
So that there is only one way to enter, from the south?

Just got a migration wave... two peasants, presser, dyer, miller and beekeeper... Well, the last one is useful, at least. Bees seem like an interesting business.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

hmmm.. that seems wrong actually.. must have been a bug with my building drawing program or something, I'll be sure to fix that.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gah! I accidentally killed the game and lost half a year of progress... and I was doing so well, too... was almost done with aquifer...
I need a break right about now...

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, back in action! Aquifer breeeaaached in under the first year! Take that, water!
Two migration waves and we have 20 heads around, mostly useless right now... no, wait, actually quite useful as I have some stone and gems and metals. Oh, hey, I just breached the cave and can already see some cave spider webs, good! Those will be useful in WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!

That aside, for some reason the jute seeds bag refuses to be put in a stockpile. Not listed in food stockpile nor in my general everything stockpile(all piles sans food, corpses, refuse, stone and wood).
I also noticed that apparently I can make soap out of flax seeds! Yay! Though it's not really necessary since during embark I somehow overlooked the fact that my civ has sunflowers... so grabbing some seeds from caravan is a non-issue. Welp, soap soon! Well, the Blizzard-kind of soon. Assuming it works, didn't test it yet, though I'm almost there.

In other news, my two spear ponies are pretty much legendary! As soon as I get another migration wave I am making some serious squads! Now that I have gems, the crystal armor set is a formality!
Though I don't really know whatever for. After the winter the amount of wild animals dropped to five(all those carp in water got encased in ice). And it's mostly some eagles/ravens, maybe a coyote here or there.
Well, I did see a pack of timberwolves but they left quite fast and were on the other side of the river. Aside from this pony blood raining around this would be a quiet, little village.
Oh, wait. Changelings. Yeah, that's gonna need serious defences. More so, since it's above ground. That reminds me, I need to channel and floor over my dining room. They are sitting there in the dark and are starting to adapt...
Oh, and for some reason I decided to add civ_controllable tag for Changelings. Dunno why. But it allowed me to discover that I have one pony civ on my world and two Changeling hives... makes me more eager to make an enormous and powerful settlement.

Ponies so desperate for tanned hides that they almost pay double for them are still hilarious!
It's also funny that my manager, who had "a lousy intellect", after a session of "validate one job of collecting webs times several dozen", plus some minor jobs in between, now has "awesome intellectual powers"! She's talented, that's for sure!
You know, if you don't want me to post these silly updates, just let me know!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:45:31 am by Asssasin Asha »

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

hah, pretty interesting numbers there.. I wonder why unicorns do better against the changelings in general.. might be due to their stabby horns i guess.

I looked though some of the logs for the fights and didn't see that much stabbing... lots of grapling using magic though... from both sides of the battle.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I drew two of my guardsponies.   
High resolution alert

On the left is Bastion, she ended up in a couple of pieces, and on the right is Palisade, who the last anyone saw of him was staring down a changeling siege from the wrong side of the gate.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, my first changeling ambush! A pity it was discovered by my mayor when he was walking to deconstruct a piece of floor I built to get rid of a boulder... and right when the liaison was around... so when they killed the mayor the liaison left unhappy...
On the bright side, I learned how to issue civilian alert and four changeling swordmen with one spearman are no match for my one spearmaster with one spearpony. And the new mayor likes bucklers, so she's gonna only mandate those. Easy.
Though the former mayor liked large serrated discs so that could've been more useful...
Then I got a snatcher, though he was chased away. Darn, I need pegasi quick-response squad... those changelings and diamond dogs are fast!
And I hate those issues with armor/clothes. I tell my soldiers to wear greaves and they go and put on horseshoes... only one actually did what I told him to...

Deathseer, that pic is awesome! You have some serious talent here.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

The equipment system isn't perfectly made to fit equines, there is no leg armor, barding covers the legs, plating covers the torso forelegs and flank in shaped armor and heavy horseshoes and crystal greaves cover hooves to ankle, or the lower leg. This DOES leave the hocks only covered by chain mail and is a slight weak point, but the alternative is no shaped footwear as the chest would overlap lower forelegs and clash with horseshoes

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find that the ironwool cloak is a good choice for taking care of weak points. It covers just about the entire body, I've had attacks to the eyelids get turned back by it.

Assassin Asha, Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I just wish I'd found out I had this talent sooner, I've only been drawing for 3 months now. Probably would have gone an entirely different career route.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strange... for some reason my magicloom does not allow me to queue some of the jobs... though if I do it through the manager window, it works...
Darn bugs!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

what jobs specifically?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 81