Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 223776 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #675 on: November 07, 2012, 02:09:14 pm »

If we have custom classes, Greatorder's needs to be "fapmaster supreme."
If there are ranks or titles or whatever, he should start at "Li'l Wanker" and progress through thing like "Rosy Palm Renegade" and reach "Fapmaster Supreme" at the very end, once he has proven he is the best Fapmaster in the world.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 07, 2012, 02:10:24 pm »

Classes are static, I believe.

Although it might be possible. Hmmm....

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 07, 2012, 02:15:43 pm »

You can change classes easily, with event commands. The only thing it changes is what weapons are wieldable and what skills the character can learn.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 07, 2012, 02:18:29 pm »

True dat.

And since we already have scripts for levelling up (namely, the level up quotes), it should be simple to add a single if that would change your class (or only the name if possible) when your level reaches certain numbers.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 07, 2012, 02:21:22 pm »

Hmm. I suppose it could be pretty easy to have an autorun event on all maps that checks if Blahblah's level is X, if so, change class to Hurdur, then flick a switch and turn the event off.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 07, 2012, 02:22:41 pm »

Nah, too much of a waste of space. People only level up after winning a fight anyway so it kinda lends itself for the victory scripts.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 07, 2012, 02:22:52 pm »

Yeah, there don't need to be Homestuck-levels of titles, but it would be nice to incorporate that greatorder progresses from and apprentice self-pleasurer to a journeyman to a master and eventually to the supreme master of all onanists.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 07, 2012, 02:28:01 pm »

Nah, too much of a waste of space. People only level up after winning a fight anyway so it kinda lends itself for the victory scripts.

BRO, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? The victory quotes are just common events, I could put the event to check in there. That's logical.

Heh. It's eeearrrly in the morning here so i'm pretty semi-conscious.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:29:55 pm by Reudh »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 07, 2012, 02:40:43 pm »

So I took a look at the Yanfly scripts.

• Skill Overhaul: Essentially it's a point buy system for skills. I don't think we're gonna have enough skills to make it  anything worthwhile and anyway it's just too much of a hassle.
  • Enemy Levels: Scalable enemies. Eurgh. Do not want or recommend.
  • New Battle Stats: That's something I can get behind. Dex can allow for more variety in characters, such as the reliable oft-critting striker against an inaccurate powerhouse. Res can make people tanks against magic without making them capable spellcasters.
  • System Game Options: Options menu? Sure, I'll take it!
  • Skill Equip: See Skill overhaul. We won't be likely to have a ton of skills so managing them is just going to be annoying.
  • Skill Fusion: Now this gets interesting. Mutant Cat x Zerg Rush = Horridorable Catsplosion. Death of a Thousand Posts x one of XK's skills = Summon Darvi. I could go on, but the possibilities are interesting.
  • Controlled Encounter Rate: Balanced encounters? Sounds reasonable enough.
  • Keyboard Input: Might be useful once we have anything to name or something. Like the initial OC idea that somebody brought up.
  • Party Influenced Music: Part of what I liked about Golden Sun 2 is how you start playing as Jenna and SUDDENLY new fight music. This is gonna be great if everybody gets their own themes.
  • Swap Random Monster: I like randomness. Yeah why not. Not a must have though.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 07, 2012, 02:51:59 pm »

Is my normal self sprite going to be used somewhere?

Also I talked to FFS about the music. He'll be here shortly.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:27:34 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:58 pm »

Derm said I should post what I can compose musically. I can't really do much of anything (just started about a week ago, but I took piano for a couple years):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53153056/QuietIntruder.mp3 < tiny song for game in signature
 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53153056/MKWOST/TryToStopMeNowRev3.mp3 < one of my first ones, slow and repetitive
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53153056/MKWOST/abc.mp3 < tiny demo for Dex
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53153056/MKWOST/MakingHistory.mp3 < dont really like, need to work on it for the next animation
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53153056/calmreunion.mp3 < ended up using in tiny Flash thingy
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:45:01 pm by freeformschooler »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 07, 2012, 04:25:58 pm »

Looking at the list I didn't know I even got a Tentative spot >_< (which I may or may not have lost)

I always assumed I didn't get to reserve and that I was going to be bumped off almost immediately >_<

I was going to make a Buff/Debuff character.

--

One thing you may have to do Darvi is alter the system to accomidate the sheer number of mages there are in this game.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:27:48 pm by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 07, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »

Hey I don't complain. The only other melee fighters are a bear and an Arrogant Kung Fu Guy respectively, so I get all the weapons. Huzzah!

Suddenly, Scott Pilgrim flashback as nobody can equip the mighty Banhammer (Edithor?) and we have to dump it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 07, 2012, 04:40:07 pm »

Suddenly, Scott Pilgrim flashback as nobody can equip the mighty Banhammer (Edithor?) and we have to dump it.

You could have it an artifact which you have to retrieve for someone?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 07, 2012, 04:41:26 pm »

Didn't I (technically) have a sword in rtrtd? And armor?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 111