Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221332 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1365 on: December 19, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »

In fact I'd prefer to have  Gwen as our only real wife and few babymaking gift sinks... I also prefer quality over quantity... (that's why I want to risk with fusion)

But we must convert Alice, that's out of the question... One of the reasons I want to left stone her - to not create jealousy between Gwen and Alice... Technically Alice will not be our wife if we turn her into female night troll
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 19, 2012, 07:31:25 pm »

Noooo, you don't know what you've done!!!
The last time someone suggested Alice and Left Stone, there was a 20 page debate which ended up at a derail

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 19, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »

In fact I'd prefer to have  Gwen as our only real wife and few babymaking gift sinks... I also prefer quality over quantity... (that's why I want to risk with fusion)

But we must convert Alice, that's out of the question... One of the reasons I want to left stone her - to not create jealousy between Gwen and Alice... Technically Alice will not be our wife if we turn her into female night troll

Eh you know what I honestly don't even care that much.  If you guys want to left stone her go ahead.  Maybe its for the best anyway, I kind of like not having the potential competition should Alice decide not to create any offspring.

Even if we decide not to reproduce with any consorts besides Gwen, I'd still rather use the less appealing gifts to create consorts instead of less capable offspring.  The new consorts remain loyal to us until we have our first child with them, so if we never have a child they will be eternally loyal.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 19, 2012, 07:34:13 pm »

I think there's plenty of fear in the elves who know they're next.
You can't have enough fear. And we need to delay the second way of attack

Why do we need to convert Alice while she's unconscious?
It's imposable to convert unconscious, we need  to extract soul, remember? so we'll have to wake up her

Hm, forgot that. Did she mean "Asking for aid" prayer or "What people do IRL" or "Ask for advice" prayer?
Hm, reread that update, she meant invoking power, probably simple praying isn't dangerous

And I urge to try the fuzion, at least because it's fun... And such a creation can be a nice pack animal\tank\meatshield

Don't worry about me going wild with left stone discussion, again. I used all possible ways to convince others
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 19, 2012, 07:35:27 pm »

We have a grand total of one consort at the moment - I would not advocate risking Alice by attempting a conversion while severely wounded, nor do I think trying the risky unknown process of combining two potential consorts at once is wise - don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic idea but one that we should try once we're more established, after we have at least four consorts.

I still advocate transforming the warrior first then making our way back to the tower to provide Alice with further medical treatment and a safe base of operations to convert the rogue and for Gwen to give birth, if the fear and food of today's events push her over the edge that is.

As for Alice's gift when we do convert her - I suggest a powerful one like the Gift of the Phoenix. Her personality and orientation make her unsuited for the Left Stone gift, in my honest opinion.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:38:18 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 19, 2012, 07:37:43 pm »

We have a grand total of one consort at the moment - I would not advocate risking Alice by attempting a conversion while severely wounded, nor do I think trying the risky unknown process of combining two potential consorts at once is wise - don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic idea but one that we should try once we're more established, after we have at least four consorts.

I still advocate transforming the warrior first then making our way back to the tower to provide Alice with further medical treatment and a safe base of operations to convert the rogue and for Gwen to give birth, if the fear and food of today's events push her over the edge.

As for Alice's gift when we do convert her - I suggest a powerful one like the Wings of Flame. Her personality and orientation make her unsuited for the Left Stone gift, in my honest opinion.

Pfft that's what I originally said but some people seemed apposed.  Eh I gotta stop posting here for a while and do my biology homework.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 19, 2012, 07:42:21 pm »

And so the debate/derail begins

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 19, 2012, 07:44:30 pm »

I would not advocate risking Alice by attempting a conversion while severely wounded,
What risk? Do you release that conversion is melting body and soul in one glob... wounded or not it doesn't matter

Also, you guys never learn - all travels may lead to failed navigation roll and more trouble. That's why I prefer to do all the conversions here

I suggest a powerful one like the Wings of Flame.
I see nothing really powerful in it

And I am tired of that - let's use good options for later... That later will never come
And if we waste two potential consorts, so what? Why not try to get a really powerful ally?

BTW, Don't you see that rogue consort will be semi loyal at best? We are full of stealthy characters and don't really need a rogue. In fact I think that rogue was the worst bride to pick up
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:46:11 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 19, 2012, 07:52:59 pm »

One more minion would be great at this point, and it would be nice to have a warrior in case our stealth and magical abilities don't always hold up. I recomend turning the warrior, looting, and retreating with our prisoner in tow, during which giving alice the healing necklace so that by the time we are done here she may be capable of travelling on her own, or at least being in less pain/dazed from bloodloss. 
The elf who has aided us deserves to be let go, and i think we should seriously consider offering our friendship to him.
We can discuss and consider our options with much greater freedom at the tower.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 19, 2012, 07:56:14 pm »

So, you want to travel to the tower with?

a) wounded Alice
b) newly converted not very stealthy consort
c) Very pregnant Gwen
d) prisoner
e) loot?

Don't you remember the unicorn lesson?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 19, 2012, 07:57:16 pm »

UKR makes a good point. We should do any and all conversions at our tower.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 19, 2012, 08:03:39 pm »

Furthemore let's not forget that Alice will look very tasty for newly converted consorts. The puppet one is controllable, but rogue isn't

After some analysis I am now sure that converting the rogue is a bad, bad idea. We'll get very freedom loving, unloyal consort that can create many-many problems, I suggest to either try fuzion or use the rogue as food (and saving time used for the conversion)

UKR makes a good point. We should do any and all conversions at our tower.

So, you want to travel to the tower with?

a) wounded Alice
b) badly wounded prisoner
c) Very pregnant Gwen
d) prisoner
e) loot?

It's even better idea!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:08:20 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 19, 2012, 08:11:21 pm »

One more minion would be great at this point, and it would be nice to have a warrior in case our stealth and magical abilities don't always hold up. I recomend turning the warrior, looting, and retreating with our prisoner in tow, during which giving alice the healing necklace so that by the time we are done here she may be capable of travelling on her own, or at least being in less pain/dazed from bloodloss. 
The elf who has aided us deserves to be let go, and i think we should seriously consider offering our friendship to him.
We can discuss and consider our options with much greater freedom at the tower.
+1 to all, very sensible.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 19, 2012, 08:14:57 pm »

Very sensible to travel with huge penalties to navigation roll? IMO It's insanity

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 19, 2012, 08:18:44 pm »

Very sensible to travel with huge penalties to navigation roll? IMO It's insanity
I think people got that negative idea already instilled in their minds, it is just matter of time for Weird to decide on what ideas he/she likes.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 143