Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472566 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #960 on: December 27, 2012, 08:06:10 am »

Spoiler: Lemon Stable Report 8 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 27, 2012, 11:17:38 am »

Replica, the random entry is entry 1 of Pine.

And Maklak, my copying from my notepad derped pretty hard. I did not feel like organizing it back into paragraphs. I'll take care of that naow.

Also I'm going to try and see if my former pony forum will take us in for political asylum. Then we can make all the jokes we want without being overt. Like we were doing here till the community watch guy started hassling us.

By the by, in the novel when slavers burned slaves' cutie marks off, did that remove their special talent as well or is it just a physical change?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:55:56 am by Indigo_Surprise »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 27, 2012, 12:05:42 pm »

So far EQD and EQG haven't answered, but the mod got linked here: http://fallout-equestria.com/media/tag/Dwarf%20Fortress It is a rather obscure place, so don't expect a wave of new players.

> We finish constructing our MWT Prism Forge, and it looks incredibly interesting.
I don't really see a point to most of furniture reactions, but these look useful:
* Steel / Plasteel Chain (For chainsaws, rippers and chainsaw / ripper rifles. It will make them better than steel.)
* All kinds of ranged weapons.
* Large Serrated Plasteel Disk --- too bad that creatures you'd want to use it against all have TRAP_AVOID to not get caught in cages.
* All kinds of armours. I'm not sure if I like that combat armour comes in sets. I'd rather have barding, helmet and boots separately.
* All kinds of ammunition.
* Upgrade weapons.
* Steel pipe sections and corkscrews for magma-safe pumps.
A steel cage is OK for RP of keeping strong creatures caged, but I've never seen anyone using steel furniture.

What I would like to see:
* Forge 2 stacks of 50 pellets from weapon grade metal
* Forge 2 stacks of 50 AP pellets from steel
* Forge bronze mechanism
* Plasteel Combat Armour. (But you probably want to keep the bars for scorpion power armours, though)
* Plasteel Power Armour, but it would be OP.

> The soldiers actually use the beds when feeling sleepy, they leave training to sleep in the next room and return to training when they wake up, nice and effective.
Not only that, they also got chests and armour stands to store things in. All it lacks is small stockpiles for drinks and prepared meals and an ammo stockpile at the shooting range :)
Personally I just set up a weapon rack, make a room, tell them to train there and that's it. If I get too many messages about soldiers colliding, I give them a bigger room. But I like your setup better.

> So we can now build chainsaw rifles
I want one for my pony. Preferably exceptional and plasteel, but for now the *steel chainsaw* will do and there are much more pressing matters, like good weapons and security armour for every soldier. With good strength and agility, full security set of armour doesn't slow the soldiers much, even without armour user.

> Kitchens are like radscorpions, you can have a stinger with it's deadly poison or the sharp pincers that cut through pony flesh, but only together do you have a whole radscorpion. [...]
Lol. I'm curious about the bakery. In 1.71 for 31.25 we didn't even manage to get it to work. Overall with my approach to cooking, a bakery is not something I would want for my stable, but I'd like to see what you'll do with it.

> A wastelander caravan arrives, they settle in our brand new trade depot who has already been vomited all over.
I thought the green stuff was ghoul blood.

I like your explanation of buying stuff for barbed wire. Coral is a talented trader indeed.

> Everything needs to have mutant fish shell attached to it.
Hehe. I normally just atom-smash this stuff along with skulls. For arms and armour the value system takes care of upgrades. When decorations come into play a *<-bronze security helmet->* can be worth more than a =steel security helmet= and I don't want that.

> But as soon as I scroll away I get a job cancellation message saying that no boxes of rockets were available.
Yeah, I've run into something like this more than once. It usually settles down after a while and often has something to do with needed items being inside bins that are carried around.

> I only wish we could build swords made of bread. How cool wouldn't it be to send your militia against a giant radscorpion armed with baguettes?
Before they finally manage to kill it, their skill gains would be even better than with wooden weapons :P

> The flamethrower turret.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me, but the fire was outside. The burning grass was deadly, but the flames from the turret weren't. Was your turret on the same z-level as the scorpion? Did if fire more than once?
I'm surprised it turned that way for you. Normal turrets next to the flaming one, should be able to scare the scorpion away.

That's a lot of iron bars. You must have smelted all your scrap at the prismatic smelter. Why don't you make steel? No flux stone? With this kind of iron and charcoal, you should be able to equip the military just fine.

> And Maklak, my copying from my notepad derped pretty hard. I did not feel like organizing it back into paragraphs. I'll take care of that naow.
Notepad was my best guess. When you use notepad, save it to a file. Close the file. Then open it again. Then copy and paste. You don't run into the error with spaces between the lines that way.

> Also I'm going to try and see if my former pony forum will take us in for political asylum. Then we can make all the jokes we want without being overt. Like we were doing here till the community watch guy started hassling us.
I'm not that keen on sexual jokes. I can take some, but "all the jokes we want" is probably too much for me.
There was a pony forum that sort of splintered from bay12, but I forgot the link.

> By the by, in the novel when slavers burned slaves' cutie marks off, did that remove their special talent as well or is it just a physical change?
No idea how it works in the novel, but Master Red Eye said, it removes the compulsion to do things related to one's special talent. Kinda useful if a pony wants to blend in with a more-or-less civilised society and her CM is a severed head on a spear or something. http://askredeye.tumblr.com/tagged/cm
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 27, 2012, 12:27:49 pm »

>I'm not that keen on sexual jokes. I can take some, but "all the jokes we want" is probably too much for me.
There was a pony forum that sort of splintered from bay12, but I forgot the link.

Now I didn't say all the jokes we wanted, I said similar to those we were already doing.

>No idea how it works in the novel, but Master Red Eye said, it removes the compulsion to do things related to one's special talent. Kinda useful if a pony wants to blend in with a more-or-less civilised society and her CM is a severed head on a spear or something. http://askredeye.tumblr.com/tagged/cm

Excellent... Page Twinkletan's descent into madness can proceed as planned.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:31:17 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 27, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »

Welp, back from my trip!

Replica: Curious to see you haven't started engraving the bedrooms...then again, the labor is needed elsewhere. It's always a pain to engrave a large fortress.

And while it's jarring to have modded in an Overmare that gets elected...I didn't want to stray too far from the base mayoral position. Is that ok with everyone?

>Kitchens are like radscorpions, you can have a stinger with it's deadly poison or the sharp pincers that cut through pony flesh, but only together do you have a whole radscorpion.
 :P

The rocket turret upgrade requires 2 rocket boxes, and the workshop reactions are notorious for becoming available when only a fraction of the components are immediately nearby (With the remainder in stockpile limbo, as Maklak mentioned). ::)

Where are you getting the mutant fish shell? It seems to be an excessive amount if you need to start putting it on everything.

I made giant radscorpions and other major enemies [FIREIMMUNE], otherwise they'd just be melted down in an instant by flamethrower turrets.

What year are you currently in? It's lucky that you made it all the way to a prismatic forge without at least one ambush. ???

Maklak:
Being on the FoE site is well and good. EqD seemed somewhat prestigious for a mod that's only in beta. Thanks. :)

I'll add in the bronze mechanism, though I intended the prismatic forge to only work with steel and plasteel. No BB's, and the various armors are pre-determined in terms of their materials.

I nearly forgot about the bakery. It was the one building I didn't test, and now that I look back on it, its reactions seem rather excessive. I'll probably simplify them to a few or one type of bread along with the crop revamp.

Time to get cracking on the next update! I'll be removing copper as a weapons metal as well (Everything in Fallout was at the very least iron), so expect enemy civilizations to get boosted by this.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:58:43 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 27, 2012, 02:21:52 pm »

While we could slink into my friend's forum and hide out in the OOC section, I could make us a forum where we won't get harassed. No report is complete without shipping jokes.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 27, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »

I'm fine staying here, but if we move I'll follow.
In other news, everyone and his grandmother seems to be doing these things, so why not me?
Spoiler: Cradleworth, Year One (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)
It's going to be an above-ground fortress with a popcap of thirty. Wish me luck, eh?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 27, 2012, 02:45:35 pm »

Replica, the random entry is entry 1 of Pine.

Copy.

Also I'm going to try and see if my former pony forum will take us in for political asylum. Then we can make all the jokes we want without being overt. Like we were doing here till the community watch guy started hassling us.
While we could slink into my friend's forum and hide out in the OOC section, I could make us a forum where we won't get harassed. No report is complete without shipping jokes.

Appreciate it, but it just wouldn't be the same.
It wouldn't be funny to mess with Crazy Cow if he and the others weren't there to be all skittish about it, and plus, I'd rather not make separate stable reports on different forums, I am short on time as it is.
Just face it, we had a good run, it was fun while it lasted, but didn't work out and it is just time to let it go.

Spoiler: Maklak (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lycaeon (click to show/hide)
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 27, 2012, 03:05:35 pm »

Good luck Crazy Cow! :) Let me know if the ASCII needs tweaking anywhere (If you're using the prototype version).

Replica:
>Why isn't the reaction appearing as red if I can't do it, like it does for many of the other reactions?
It may be that when there are duplicate components the reaction will only need one to become "available". This can be mitigated by having stockpiles specifically for components next to the workshops, so you can double check whether or not you have enough for large reactions.

>Which has boosted my fish stocks considerably, and thus resulted in a disproportionate amount of shells.
Radfish don't give shells...so it must be some other critter. Do you know it's name?

>Latest report is registered at 10th Sandstone, 103.
Well, you did have some raider scouts show up, so it's probably not a matter of inaccessible enemy civs or something.

>But seriously though, could I request baguette swords? Just for laughs?
Sure. :P

>Copper is the best blunt material weapon aside from silver, and you are removing silver as well as a weapons material.
Whoops...forgot about that. I'll leave it in as a weapons metal for now. I was more concerned with the armor anyway.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 27, 2012, 03:11:35 pm »

What I'm proposing is that we all pack up and move to a new forum. Which means mod discussion and reports would take place there instead of here. You wouldn't need to make stable reports on each forum since we'd all be over there. Crazy Cow is coming if we all do. All we need is the OK from everyone else. If the locals don't approve of you, you either band together and form a separate society, which we're unable to do, or you pack up and head for greener pastures.

Having to censor creativity due to watchful hawks is no way to have fun

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 27, 2012, 03:22:36 pm »

>It may be that when there are duplicate components the reaction will only need one to become "available". This can be mitigated by having stockpiles specifically for components next to the workshops, so you can double check whether or not you have enough for large reactions.

I see, well, I do have a robot components stockpile planned out, there is a room that has been dug out that I made after screencapping the fort.
I feared that it would be something like that, oh wells, not a big deal to hang myself over.

>Radfish don't give shells...so it must be some other critter. Do you know it's name?

The name of this mysterious and elusive shell providing creature is "Mussels".
A "Mussel" is a strange underwater creature that lives inside an exoskeleton (the "shell"), it's pulpy fleshy mass is very delicious and can even be eaten raw and is a delicacy when cooked with 200 year old pasta in the warmer mediterranean regions of the wasteland.

>Well, you did have some raider scouts show up, so it's probably not a matter of inaccessible enemy civs or something.

I sure hope not, I embarked right in the middle of a massive continent filled with the worst scum, it would suck to have all this cool gear and nothing to use it against.

>>But seriously though, could I request baguette swords? Just for laughs?
>Sure. :P

YES!!

>>Copper is the best blunt material weapon aside from silver, and you are removing silver as well as a weapons material.
>Whoops...forgot about that. I'll leave it in as a weapons metal for now. I was more concerned with the armor anyway.

Hey, just saying, do whatever, we'll roll with it.
Removing copper may actually be better in the long run, because like you said, it would buff civs overall.

What I'm proposing is that we all pack up and move to a new forum. Which means mod discussion and reports would take place there instead of here. You wouldn't need to make stable reports on each forum since we'd all be over there. Crazy Cow is coming if we all do. All we need is the OK from everyone else. If the locals don't approve of you, you either band together and form a separate society, which we're unable to do, or you pack up and head for greener pastures.

Having to censor creativity due to watchful hawks is no way to have fun

But I like Bay 12. :c
If the involved users are interested then okay, I'll show up and swing by every now and then if it is such a big deal to people.
But my home is Bay 12, my stable reports stay where they are and my main presence remains next to Lycaeon and his thread.
I really like the non-joke related feedback I get from doing these, the talks with Maklak and Lycaeon about choices I've made are interesting and I am learning crap I should have known ages ago.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 27, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »

What I'm proposing is that we all pack up and move to a new forum.
And wouldn't that just be what the hawks want?

A pony community fort here is far from impossible, and has been done very successfully numerous times before, as I'm sure you know. The DF forum rules don't prohibit ordinary shipping and creativity - we just need to keep in mind not to get carried away and we'll be fine.

I do appreciate that the option is available Indigo, however, I'll be keeping my operations here.

Edit: Same to below Crazy Cow, though I will open a mod thread there for posterity.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:49:54 pm by Lycaeon »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 27, 2012, 03:35:14 pm »

You know, guys, there's already a forum for us.
Back when the Pony Threads were struck down by the great Toady One, we fled into the wilderness and founded mylittleponyforum.infodiscussion.com. They're all Bay12 bronies over there, and we've even got an 18+ section for people who really like their mature stuff. We could make a thread there for the FO:E mod and get a few new players besides.
(We even have a Skype group if you like that sort of thing ;P)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 27, 2012, 03:53:54 pm »

You know, guys, there's already a forum for us.
Back when the Pony Threads were struck down by the great Toady One, we fled into the wilderness and founded mylittleponyforum.infodiscussion.com. They're all Bay12 bronies over there, and we've even got an 18+ section for people who really like their mature stuff. We could make a thread there for the FO:E mod and get a few new players besides.
(We even have a Skype group if you like that sort of thing ;P)

Works for Hulk.

I'll definitely be moving over there. Saves me from embarrassing everyone with a shoddy layout. Well not move-move. I'll still be here, though I only come here to watch this thread, Losing is !MAGIC! and to look at other mods. I've never even been to other parts of this forum besides the modding scene.

Also I don't subscribe to "If you do this then they win!" mentality. So long as both parties get what they want it's a win-win. For now I'm going to see if this other forum can handle me. I've been keeping my own stuff private, that's why I stopped updating Bottledlust.

Also I think another CO is going to have to take over Pine Outpost. More news at 11.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:57:25 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 27, 2012, 04:16:14 pm »

I'll see you there, eh? I'll put up an FO:E thread for us.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:26:51 pm by Crazy Cow »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 210