Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472616 times)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #975 on: December 27, 2012, 04:22:57 pm »

In which section?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 27, 2012, 04:23:13 pm »

I've made a thread in the general section under Canterlot, and will be keeping track of it as well. I wish you the best of luck Indigo! :)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 27, 2012, 04:26:32 pm »

I've made a thread in the general section under Canterlot, and will be keeping track of it as well. I wish you the best of luck Indigo! :)

I'm in the thread right now!

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 27, 2012, 04:46:30 pm »

Yeash, everyone jumping ship for no reason. Why can't we all just get along and use the forum that, as already stated, has no real issues with us?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 27, 2012, 04:49:24 pm »

Well. Would have reclaimed the embark, but a thunderstorm came and wiped out the modem. Internet withdrawal sucks T_T

+1 for moving into the pony forums. Made an account over there.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 27, 2012, 04:54:28 pm »

Yeash, everyone jumping ship for no reason. Why can't we all just get along and use the forum that, as already stated, has no real issues with us?

It's just... it's the same thing that happened with general pony discussion. I love Toady with all my heart, and he has his reasons, but if there are restrictions on the stuff we don't want to do there's always going to be this niggling little fear that if we step out of line we'll get crushed. We aren't jumping ship (I at least will still be here), but I'd like to be free to talk about stuff if I want to.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 27, 2012, 04:54:53 pm »

It's not a move Pokon - think of it more as an expansion of operations. I myself will be keeping the bulk of my activity in Bay 12, but I cannot in good faith refuse to consider those in the pony forum who may wish to (or already) play the mod. Plus, more feedback and suggestions are always good! :D

Edit: I've posted a link to the new thread in the first post.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 05:11:08 pm by Lycaeon »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 27, 2012, 05:15:06 pm »

It's just... it's the same thing that happened with general pony discussion. I love Toady with all my heart, and he has his reasons, but if there are restrictions on the stuff we don't want to do there's always going to be this niggling little fear that if we step out of line we'll get crushed. We aren't jumping ship (I at least will still be here), but I'd like to be free to talk about stuff if I want to.

Everything Crazy Cow said.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 27, 2012, 05:48:58 pm »

I have been spreading word of this mod on the FoE site as best I can, even got a few ponies to download and play it, even if they have next to no experience with DF at all.

I would suggest keeping the thread mainly here, but perhaps moving some of the side discussions off to other sites, the ones that do not relate to the mod itself or fixing that bugs are present.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 27, 2012, 06:12:28 pm »

Wow, looks like people adopted my e-mail style quotes, instead of BBcode. I find if funny :D

> I made giant radscorpions and other major enemies [FIREIMMUNE], otherwise they'd just be melted down in an instant by flamethrower turrets.
Riiiight... So let me sum up: We have weapon and cage traps, but they only work against weak and medium enemies, not the kind of stuff that's actually dangerous. We have flame-thrower and incendiary missile turrets that may not even fire against weak enemies and can't harm tough ones, but when the grass gets set on fire, or my ponies or traders are at the wrong place wrong time, they get torched. Oh and the same goes for flamer battle saddles. We have minigun battle turrets that are moderately useful, except they stop scaring away feral dogs and other minor threats. We also have robots that with enough resources can be made quite deadly, but we need to import the base versions from caravans. We also can't tame anything !fun!, like a GCS.
Well then, being this nerfed is somewhat disappointing, but hopefully the militia on the wall method can manage. There is also the possibility to spam bronze spikes, which aren't even at the prismatic forge. It feels a bit like fortress defence, but I guess the wasteland should be hard and if I want to play with sunshine and rainbows, there is "Loosing is Magic" for that. OK, end rant.
Would it be possible to leave the bullet attack on upgraded turrets, maybe except for the minigun?

> I'll add in the bronze mechanism, though I intended the prismatic forge to only work with steel and plasteel.
Thank you, but I must admit that in Fallout everything is made of steel. Bronze is durable enough and it doesn't rust much, so is a feasible replacement. I would also like bronze / steel / iron menacing spikes.

> No BB's
Why? I wanted to smelt 2 scrap into 8 bronze (or 3 into 12, forgot which one is it in Prismatic Smelter), then make 800 or 1200 pellets and be free to atom-smash bones. Or just let them rot and not slow down FPS by making hundreds of stacks of 5 pellets. If pellets are dirty cheap like this, everyone is free to use them for training. Now I need magma to make stacks of 25 pellets "for free".

> Removing copper and silver as wepons-grade metals.
I vote yes.
* In vanilla DF you'll usually get at least an ore of copper, so it is something of a fallback metal. In FoE your primary ore is scrap anyway, so malachite or tetrahedrite don't matter much.
* This outdated weapons research http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53571.0 shows that there is not that much of a difference between materials for blunt weapons, but steel wins overall. Copper is on the weak side and silver on the strong side.
* No more Steel Rangers in copper power armours.
* Bronze / Bismuth Bronze / Iron, Steel, Plasteel and !funobtanium! is still a good progression. With scrap, no one who knows about how easy it is to make at least bronze, will use copper for the military anyway.
* No more Copper chainsaws.
* On the minus side, it will make copper almost useless.

Consider adding a chance for bronze and brass bars if I just smelt scrap directly. It kinda makes sense. Oh and a rather low chance for steel.

> Craddleworth
Well, have !fun!. Looking at the embark screen I am slightly surprised by these things:
* No metal of any kind, but scrap will keep you covered anyway.
* Lack of skills for ponies. There is "Reverend Mother" the leader and one Battle-Brother. No mechanic, no metalsmith, no armoursmith, no weaponsmith, no framer / brewer / cook.
* Potash? Well, it is cheap, but I wonder what you need it for. Farming? Soap? (Lye is better) Gunpowder? (Saltpetre is better)

> I think the plasteel/steel furniture is a nice touch
Since at least one person wants them, I retract my objection. BTW, do all reactions have to be "flatly displayed" or can you make a "reaction tree" with sub-menus in custom workshops? Menus like at the forge would be nice.

> > For arms and armour the value system takes care of upgrades. When decorations come into play a *<-bronze security helmet->* can be worth more than a =steel security helmet= and I don't want that.
> Never say no to free stuff, especially now that value doesn't really matter.
But I want the value to matter. That way I can just assign "security helmet" to a squad uniform and they will upgrade without assigning them individual pieces. Steel is worth more than Iron and Bronze and quality bumps up the value too, so the system works. Decorations can screw it up and they are only good for those prissy Palladins anyway.

> We earth ponies don't really mind [living in a cave] though, but you know, gotta keep the unicorns happy and all.
Lol.

> And while it's jarring to have modded in an Overmare that gets elected...I didn't want to stray too far from the base mayoral position. Is that ok with everyone?
I'm OK with it. Maybe the overmare / overstallion should be Baron / Duke / King instead, but some stables have elections and having an overmare with no actual authority and "director" who runs things has a certain charm to it. If you decide to change it, I don't see a good name for the elected position. Voice / representative of the stable just sounds weird.

> New forum discussion.
Yes, http://mylittleponyforum.infodiscussion.com/ is what I had in mind. I may register there, but will probably stay mostly on bay12. "Expanding the operations" is a good way to think about it Lycaeon. I'm just not sure, you posted in the right sub-forum, but the moderators will probably take care of it. 

> I have been spreading word of this mod on the FoE site as best I can, even got a few ponies to download and play it, even if they have next to no experience with DF at all.
I may have recruited one person, but he hasn't played DF before, so for now I told him to use Lazy Newb Pack. I'll see how it goes.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 27, 2012, 06:38:23 pm »

3rd Report of Outpost Pine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 27, 2012, 06:48:18 pm »

Spoiler: Maklak (click to show/hide)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 27, 2012, 07:15:59 pm »

I have been spreading word of this mod on the FoE site as best I can, even got a few ponies to download and play it, even if they have next to no experience with DF at all.

I would suggest keeping the thread mainly here, but perhaps moving some of the side discussions off to other sites, the ones that do not relate to the mod itself or fixing that bugs are present.

I intend to keep all of my efforts on the DF and pony forums for now, with all development activity preferably limited to this thread alone. Reading through discussions and Stables takes quite a bit of time. Also, Dwarf Fortress is a difficult game to get into, especially for a mod that's still incomplete, so players unfamiliar with the game may feel overwhelmed despite the tutorials I have up on the first page. All in all, expansion won't be a priority for a while.

I do however appreciate your efforts Kel. Thank you. :)

Maklak:
>Would it be possible to leave the bullet attack on upgraded turrets, maybe except for the minigun?
Not really, or else it would interfere with the turret's normal attack.

>I would also like bronze / steel / iron menacing spikes.
Sure!

>Consider adding a chance for bronze and brass bars if I just smelt scrap directly. It kinda makes sense. Oh and a rather low chance for steel.
Sorry, but the reaction is more of a complete breakdown of the scrap metal, so only the base metals are produced.

>Do all reactions have to be "flatly displayed" or can you make a "reaction tree" with sub-menus in custom workshops?
That can't be done for custom workshops and reactions.

> Decorations.
I don't think it's possible to stop weapons, armor, and some other items from being decorated.

Indigo:
Oh dear...well...hopefully they fell valiantly. Can't wait to see more reports though! :D

Edit:

>BB's
Very well then. I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:45:41 pm by Lycaeon »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 27, 2012, 08:17:25 pm »

Spoiler: Cradleworth, Year 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 27, 2012, 08:41:19 pm »

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 210