Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 482096 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2520 on: May 05, 2013, 01:56:18 am »

I've been pondering, what about robotic pet Sweetie-Bots? Not sure what strategic value they'd have outside of giving positive thoughts. Perhaps they could use instruments and sing?

I thought about doing that. It wouldn't be too hard- just make a robot with natural proficiencies in social/musical skills and [CAN_SPEAK]. Your citizens will interact with the robot as if it's a normal pony, making them happy and gaining social skills of their own. Additionally, robo-friends are an improvement over fleshly buddies in that they are less likely to break and cause a tantrum.

Will it be able to set phasers to hug? Evade the robot police? Apprehend pointless reference makers?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: May 05, 2013, 03:54:04 am »

> Does the Carve Hologem reaction require cut clear glass or rough?
Rough. The kind that you get from traders and the "make clear glass reaction".

> I don't know if this is a bug or not, but ponies that put on battle saddles immediately drop their weapons.
That's odd. Mine wear both just fine. Besides, BSes are Armour and shouldn't interfere with weapon slots.

> Social robots.
Well, there was an "Applebot" in Project Horizons. As for "set phasers to hug", creatures can have an interaction that they use as greeting. Overall I'm undecided on this and if Mr. Hooves should get this stuff instead.

Meph says grass can't be fireproof and to prevent the whole map getting burnt we could either remove grass (and GRAZERs, I suppose), make it rain by dfhack or turn the temperature off.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:00:47 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: May 05, 2013, 12:22:06 pm »

>Maklak

That is the Sweetie-Bot of which I speak. Its a reference to one of the characters from Friendship is Witchcraft. It was snuck in PH as a shout-out and I think it would fit well as a bringer of cheer to a dingy stable.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: May 05, 2013, 12:44:38 pm »

>Maklak

That is the Sweetie-Bot of which I speak. Its a reference to one of the characters from Friendship is Witchcraft. It was snuck in PH as a shout-out and I think it would fit well as a bringer of cheer to a dingy stable.

I was going to make a reference to the purpose for which Mr. Horse built the original Sweetie Bot,but thought better of it.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: May 05, 2013, 12:55:58 pm »

That's probably best. Its not relevant anyway.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: May 05, 2013, 12:59:07 pm »

Proposal for the Ministry of Image crates:  Lower the amount of posters per crate and give a chance to find an article of fine clothing.  A set of (light)horseshoes, a quadruplet of socks, a well-crafted nylon (anything should either be synth-fiber or nylon) hood, etc.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: May 05, 2013, 04:46:04 pm »

> I was going to make a reference to the purpose for which Mr. Horse built the original Sweetie Bot,but thought better of it.
Well, I guess if it were to be introduced, it's greeting interactions could include dancing. I abstain on introducing Sweetie Bots or Apple Bots.

> A set of (light)horseshoes, a quadruplet of socks, a well-crafted nylon (anything should either be synth-fiber or nylon) hood, etc.
For this to work, the MoI crate would have to include another crate with those things. It would make MoI crates more interesting, so I'm weakly in favour.

> I think that MoI crates should contain useful but banned books, cloth, dye, and low-level gems in addition to their current contents.
I may agree with the rest of the stuff (except dye - it will just clog up the stockpiles they way gypsum plaster from MoP crates does), but how do you propose to introduce books? The same way that skill hologems work? The same way memory orbs work? Similar to how the theatre works? I just don't know what they could do, but books would be at least as fitting in MAS crates.

I got first relevant results from my script. It is a RAW crawler and reads various kinds of things about plants. It was more difficult to debug then I expected. This is just output for easy designating with #getplants, so you don't have to do this manually. Basically it lets you designate say all medium quality salvage on the surface, without touching any trees. Of course you may want to un-designate some areas afterwards, but used correctly this can speed up salvage collection without clear-cutting everything. I plan to exclude dye plants from bushes, but that part isn't ready yet. Unfortunately there is no way to make #getplants work only for a range of Z-levels, which would be nice. 

I'd like your input on exactly what combinations of bushes, trees, high, medium and low quality salvage, soda vendors, broken and disabled terminals should I print. That is, what would you like to use it for.

If you think I'm crazy for writing a RAW crawler to do this and would complete the same work much faster by say
$ grep -B 15 "SALVAGE_HIGH\]" *plant* | grep "\[PLANT"
run a couple of times and edited manually then of course you're right, but I want to use this script for another thing too. Besides from now on, this can be easily generated each time the plants are updated.

Anyway, here goes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The script itself is still to dirty for a release.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:05:25 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: May 05, 2013, 04:50:27 pm »

I think that MoI crates should contain useful but banned books, cloth, dye, and low-level gems in addition to their current contents.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: May 05, 2013, 05:55:18 pm »

Are their any creatures that give shells? I have a pony demanding shells for an artifact he is working on and I may be out of luck.

I wound up modding in shells being dropped by brahmin.

I just noticed a wastelander civ has an alicorn sheriff.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:55:35 pm by Thirtyeight »

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: May 05, 2013, 06:09:16 pm »

Are their any creatures that give shells? I have a pony demanding shells for an artifact he is working on and I may be out of luck.

Unprocessed cave lobster and turtle shells.  Since those do not exist in this mod, anything that drops chitin (think scorpions).

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: May 06, 2013, 04:31:17 am »

Lyc, can you add a way to make black leather? That would be awesome for my security force.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: May 06, 2013, 04:37:03 am »

Lyc, can you add a way to make black leather? That would be awesome for my security force.

Hmmm can you dye leather? That would be interesting, as you could finally have the most fabulous~ security force all clad in purple :D

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: May 06, 2013, 07:45:02 am »

Hmmm can you dye leather? That would be interesting, as you could finally have the most fabulous~ security force all clad in purple :D
I was thinking closer to a bunch of bangers.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: May 06, 2013, 12:33:08 pm »

I was thinking closer to a bunch of bangers.
Gangers. I meant gangers.

Anyways, I have figured out the perfect way to get Lycaeon to release the next version within 48 hours.
I have started a new fort, and it's doing very well.

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: May 06, 2013, 12:33:32 pm »

Hey Maklak, I've been meaning to ask you, where have you been placing your flamethrower turrets?
Have you been placing them outside or in contained areas with paved roads/floors?
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 210