Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 483657 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2955 on: November 08, 2014, 06:23:36 pm »

Ah, off the top of my head: Make learning rate for Armour User 500 (the maximum) for everypony, because that skill trains so slowly that legendaries are lucky to have 3 in it.

I think we should have "generic" gems and "downgrade gem" reactions. That way, if we have for example I2 gems, we can make "Low grade" illusion gems and use them for reactions that require I1 gems.

Add a chance for concrete blocks to low quality salvage.

=============================

I run DF on Linux under WINE. I got the newest Phobeus version.

I got a splash screen about missing dfhack.init.

World generated.
Got some dfhack errors: 
....40.2 Phoebus\hack\scripts/modtools/reaction-trigger.lua:223: Could not find syndrome assembling Pinkanema
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        ....40.2 Phoebus\hack\scripts/modtools/reaction-trigger.lua:223: in main chunk
        (...tail calls...)
I have wastelanders, raiders and Steel Rangers.
My civilisation is dead or dying... again.

Found a place to embark. Two warm wilderness forest biomes with a brook. Embark screen says Flux Stone, but #prospect doesn't (and I'm supposed to only have 3 types of gems). It has some cliffs, which I dislike, but it's just for test anyway.

Ponies:
Sentry - EPM, shield CM. (Military)
Warm Blanket - EPM, smiling flower CM. (Miner)
Hail of Metal - EPF, assault rifle CM. Very quick to anger and takes no pleasure in her talents and appearance. (Military)
Dawn Guard - EPM, shield CM. (Military)
Cherelee - EPF, smiling flower CM. Hahaha "She is prone to strong feelings of lust". (Mechanic and Builder)
Silver Blood - UPM, leader CM. Has poor intuition and is incurious, but is otherwise a nice guy. (Noble) 
Happy Days - EPF, smiling flower CM. "She is not the type to fall in love or even develop positive feelings". (Food)

I lucked out on embark points with antique buckets, splints, crutches and cart for 2800, so I could even afford some robots.

Huh, the trees are now just dark spots and it got me confused. There is lots of of a corn and cotton on the map. There is lots of low quality salvage (and no medium salvage, seriously?) and not that much normal wood. #prospect all reveals no Flux stone, which is problematic, because I neglected to bring any.
I have green zircon(I2), tanzanite(A2) and some black quartzes(C1) which sucks too, especially with a dead civilisation and possibly no caravans, but then I only have 1 Unicorn.

Dwarf Therapist 28 works. It looks different than version 20 which I used for 0.34.

Meh, Shield CM is nothing exciting. Sentry and Dawn Guard will get machetes.

Wow, that's a lot of low quality salvage. Holy carp, the map is just littered with it. Consider making all salvage trees just give 3 wood like those mushrooms in the caves.

Lol, security turret is walking around. I guess, I should pasture it.

#createitem SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_PIPBUCK INORGANIC:PIPBUCK
They just lay on the ground and ponies won't equip them, despite having pipbucks as part of their uniforms. Does it interfere with light horseshoes? It shouldn't if I'm reading the RAWs correctly.
There seems to be a space in front of " PipBuck".

A hostile Mr Macintosh came along and is killing a dog. The militia tries to rush it, but this is before they have decent equipment, so this is bad. Happy Days got hurt in the hoof. I have 3 soldiers, 2 bronze machetes that barely dent the casing and the dogs got destroyed and their teeth are everywhere. Wow. Lucky for me, the militia ponies gang up on the threat and mostly dodge it's attacks, while slowly denting the casing in multiple places. Except even a single hit on a pony is enough to fracture bone, because I didn't make armour yet. Hooves seem to make for an easy target. Most attacks against the robot glance away and those that don't, dent it. Dawn Guard gets hit with a plasma bolt and falls unconscious. Happy Days is so angry about getting wounded in the hoof earlier that she charges at the robot and bucks it, doing no damage. 2 riot shields per pony keep them alive and the Macintosh seems to be retreating. Except for Happy Days, who gets grappled and sawed to pieces. Then Sentry gets wounded. A bighorner who joined the fight earlier is almost dead. The Macintosh makes a circle and runs to the centre of the camp, firing plasma bolts at everything is sight and damaging a sprite-bot. Silver Blood gets hit with the circular saw and goes unconscious. So much for our doctor. Hail of Metal also gets hit. Sentry finally sticks his machete in the robot's primary eye and does some damage. Cherelee charges it with a bronze hacksaw. This can't end well. She cuts off it's tertiary eye, but gets killed. The gunner is sawed and falls unconscious. Sentry is pretty much the only one fighting. The robot feigns escape, but comes back for more. It leaves the map eventually. The survivors are very unhappy. Wow, that was intense.

Maybe hacksaws make better weapons than machetes? At least that way, I can later upgrade to chainsaws.

The game crashed while saving.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: November 09, 2014, 01:18:23 am »

> Just downloaded the latest version with DF Hack, but it seems you forgot the dfhack.init file so I got an error message. I'll try to copy the dfhack.init file from the test you posted earlier today.
Oops, forgot to copy over dfhack.init to the Phoebus version.

> Power-requiring workshop schematic
Power isn't moddable without DFHack.

> That could probably be some of the reason for the crash.
ASCII also crashes where you mentioned. The error is a typo made by me.

> pretty much my only complaint about water as trade good
Another problem is that in order to make water valuable, the drink would have to be high value, which in turn would increase the magnitude of the good thought experienced by drinking it.

> My civilisation is dead or dying... again.
Oh, that means I need to fiddle with world-gen parameters.

> There seems to be a space in front of " PipBuck".
That's from INORGANIC:PIPBUCK. The old itemSyndrome required a special material to function. Also, do note I haven't touched item-trigger so far, so things like PipBucks, autoinjectors and battle saddles won't work.
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: November 09, 2014, 01:20:46 am »

Or replace hacksaws with hatchets, or have hatchets as a slightly more expensive option. Hacksaws would easily be a terrible weapon no matter what you do; they're freaking hacksaws. But having hatchets as an option would at least give soldiers a viable axe-skill weapon, but at an additional cost in points/increased buying price from merchants (there's some means of increasing cost, based on material size I think.)

End result is hacksaws can stay as a budget tool to get shit requiring an axe done (especially early on,) and hatchets can be used in place of them by a militiapony. I am also in favor of generic gems, sounds like it'd greatly simplify things.

>water
I fail to see how that makes a difference. Thoughts generally don't kill your people. Radscorpions and poor planning do. And it's a suggestion, as in you can feel free to tell me to stuff it and not bother if you don't want use it. I'd get snippet about this but this isn't the place for an argument over whether or not water makes sense as a trade item.

>power
Since you're already making use of it anyway I fail to see the problem. Besides the script not being up to date. As above if you don't want to use it for whatever reason, then it can be politely directed to the "fuckoff reject bin" and never discussed again.

>dead civ
Nothing can be done about that since stable ponies use mountain home sites. FBs will attack such sites during world gen frequently (more than one dwarf civ got knocked out early on this way for me,) and if it happens early then the civ gets bumped off early. Nothing can be done save not using mountain home sites for them anymore.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: November 09, 2014, 01:40:56 am »

> Hachets
Sounds like a good idea.

> And it's a suggestion, as in you can feel free to tell me to stuff it and not bother if you don't want use it.
I was about to suggest having a packaging/unpackaging reaction with 100% efficiency before I got lazy to type it.

And Phoebus updated. Nobody really plays the ASCII version but it's also updated.

Another question, would you prefer a pocket world-gen be available for those with slower computers? Also, would you prefer the drink opening reactions of the Bar to be moved to the Still?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:27:42 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: November 09, 2014, 06:33:17 am »

Looks like Machete is slightly better, but hacksaw isn't bad either and it may be a good idea to use hacksaws to train axe because I can find depleted chainsaws and recharge them later and chainswords have to be assembled.
I think hacksaw is in honour of either cupcakes or slaves cutting scrap to pieces in Fallout Equestria. Adding a "Fire Axe" while keeping and nerfing hacksaws would reduce some silliness from ponies fighting with hacksaws. Although to be fair, both Fallout3:The Pit and Fallout Equestria used a variant of circular saw power tool rather than manual saws.

I still say, low quality salvage reaction should have concrete blocks for building. You might want lower drop rates to make concrete production more viable, though.
[PRODUCT:50:1:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:CONCRETE]
While you're at it, I'd increase concrete block production to at least 25 blocks per reaction. Otherwise it is only worth it because everything made of concrete is gray.
reaction_foundry_stone.txt:   [PRODUCT:100:25:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:CONCRETE]

The low quality salvage explosion must go. It is not enough that the drop rates have been reduced, it actually requires more work now to process all that salvage and a salvage yard is easily choked, while map is still covered in salvage. To keep up, I'd need several salvage yards and like 10-20 ponies just for cutting salvage, hauling and sorting it.. which may not even be that unrealistic. Ugh, lets see:   

[TRUNK_PERIOD:1000]   lower is faster and these shouldn't grow much. DF has this in 7-40. FoE has 1, so these would grow fast ???
   [HEAVY_BRANCH_DENSITY:0]
   [BRANCH_DENSITY:0]
   [MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT:1]    height 1 translates to height 3.
   [HEAVY_BRANCH_RADIUS:1]  or 0? With no branches we get blocky buildings. With branches from trunk, they would be "jagged".
   [BRANCH_RADIUS:1]
   [TRUNK_BRANCHING:0]    Or 1
   [MAX_TRUNK_DIAMETER:1]    More for buildings would make too much salvage. 1 for buildings would produce "forest of spires".
   [TRUNK_WIDTH_PERIOD:20000]    these shouldn't really get thicker.
   ROOT_DENSITY:5  Underground trees have no roots, but should salvage have roots? Probably not.
   ROOT_RADIUS:3

Meh, you seem to have this stuff mostly covered. [MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT:1] [MAX_TRUNK_DIAMETER:1] would produce "spires", but may be necessary, because the amount of low quality salvage has to go down. Your trunk periods seem to low. These things shouldn't really grow or at least not fast. On the other hoof, after we cut down everything including the caverns and it effectively stops growing, we stop getting new salvage, except from caravans.

> Another question, would you prefer a pocket world-gen be available for those with slower computers?
Sure, if you can make a "less tall" embark with one cavern layer and a small world with 80 years of history, that would be good.

> > Power-requiring workshop schematic
> Power isn't moddable without DFHack.
Well, if it is moddabe with dfhack, then possibilities should be explored. Now may not be the time for it, though.

> Also, do note I haven't touched item-trigger so far, so things like PipBucks, autoinjectors and battle saddles won't work.
Now I'm more confused. Why would you ask us to test them if they don't work? To give you error message from dfhack? In any case, my ponies somehow didn't equip pipbucks made with dfhack, I have no idea why they were made part of their unoforms and weren't forbidden or anything.

> Also, would you prefer the drink opening reactions of the Bar to be moved to the Still?
Yeah and remove the bar completely if it has no reactions left. As climatic as a bar may be, it was only there as a crutch.

Come to think of it, the reaction to turn 10 bone pellets into bonemeal should use 2 bones instead. IIRC reactions respect bone stack sizes now, so I'd rather remove the middle step than make bone pellets to compensate for not having flux.

> Artificial Gems.
I'm thinking something along the lines of:

In inorganic_stone_gem.txt:
[INORGANIC:RESTORATION_LOW]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2][DISPLAY_COLOR:6:7:1][TILE:15][IS_GEM:low-grade restoration gem(R1):low-grade restoration gems(R1):OVERWRITE_SOLID]
No environment, so it doesn't show up.
[REACTION_CLASS:RESTORATION_LOW]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2650]  Common to quartz gems
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:CREAM]

Then at reaction_arcane_gemcraft.txt:
[REACTION:MED_TO_LOW_RESTORATION]
   [NAME:downgrade R2 gem to R1]
   [BUILDING:ARCANE_GEMCRAFT_STATION:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:ROUGH:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:RESTORATION_MID]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:RESTORATION_LOW]

The reactions added to Stable entity. This repeated for downgrading high to mid and mid to low for all schools of magic. I may get around to writing the rest of this later.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: November 09, 2014, 06:40:13 am »

I can confirm that things using stacks respect stack sizes now.

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: November 09, 2014, 09:22:33 am »

Not sure what is happening, but the game crashes pretty much every time at embark. I have tried fresh installs but I always get the message that DF has stopped working after I have used the embark points and press the e button to start. Its pretty frustrating as I have tried for several hours without luck. On a separate note, I do wonder if the Phoebus tileset has been correctly updated. the mod data/art Phoebus 16x16 file is different from the Phoebus release that is supposed to work for DF 40.13

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: November 09, 2014, 09:37:03 am »

> I still say, low quality salvage reaction should have concrete blocks for building. You might want lower drop rates to make concrete production more viable, though.
Noted.

> FoE has 1, so these would grow fast ???
Having a pile of salvage/building slowly extrude itself from the ground is a bit strange.

> but should salvage have roots? Probably not.
Omitting root definition causes the game to default but setting it to zero causes it to crash. I think it is due to a divide by 0 thing somewhere in the code.

> Well, if it is moddabe with dfhack, then possibilities should be explored. Now may not be the time for it, though.
Another thing is that so far as I can see, power-related stuff in DFHack is related to producing power, not using it. So there may be a bit of a trouble.

> Come to think of it, the reaction to turn 10 bone pellets into bonemeal should use 2 bones instead. IIRC reactions respect bone stack sizes now, so I'd rather remove the middle step than make bone pellets to compensate for not having flux.
Noted again.

> Now I'm more confused.
Oops, sorry. The thing I wanted you to test was another file uploaded on a seperate page, since I felt that it was only partial and such.

> but I always get the message that DF has stopped working
Did the message come from the DF window or the DFHack window?

> the mod data/art Phoebus 16x16 file is different from the Phoebus release that is supposed to work for DF 40.13
I'm not too sure about that. I remember downloading the Phoebus tileset some time back, so it could be for .40.10.

So, list of small things to be done:
 - Sort out salvage
 - Broccoli
 - Add concrete to low salvage and increase reaction yields
 - Remove bone pellets in flux making
 - Update Phoebus tileset (check first)
 - Move Bar stuff to Still
 - Downgrade gems reaction thingies
 - Play around with world-gen settings to reduce occurence of dead/dying civ
 - Smaller world-gen parameters
 - Water as a trade good for those who wish to RP.

I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: November 09, 2014, 11:41:01 am »

> but I always get the message that DF has stopped working
Did the message come from the DF window or the DFHack window?

It comes from the DF window itself. I get a white window saying that Dwarf Fortress.exe has stopped working. I have tried fresh installs from the latest version you posted. I did not run anything else such as Dwarf Therapist. The DF Hack window did not indicate that there where any errors.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: November 09, 2014, 12:10:15 pm »

In reaction_grinder.txt

Replace:
[REACTION:BONE_GRINDING]
   [NAME:grind (10) bone BB pellets to bonemeal (flux)]
   [BUILDING:GRINDER:CUSTOM_B]
    [REAGENT:A:10:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_PELLET:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:BONEMEAL]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]

With:
[REACTION:BONE_GRINDING]
   [NAME:grind bones to bonemeal (flux)]
   [BUILDING:GRINDER:CUSTOM_B]
    [REAGENT:A:2:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:BONEMEAL]
   [SKILL:MASONRY]
And see if it works

> > Gems

I'm not sure about the system I came up with. For example should we be able to change the type of a gem when downgrading by 2 steps? Or substitute Diamonds for anything? Should we be able to take no less than 2 and no more than 5 gems of the same type and get a higher tier gem?

One downside of this proposition is that we get lots of generic gems, which might decrease performance slightly, but more importantly I liked having real names for gems. Would reactions like "convert D2 gem to rose quartz (D1)" be any better, though? Well, ponies have Alchemy, so maybe getting rid of all those artificial gems and picking one "default" gem per tier and school of magic would be better.

Should those reactions be at MAS gemcrafting station too?

My proposal is a compromise and I don't like it. Does anyone have comments? Anyway, here goes:

In inorganic_stone_gem.txt:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then at reaction_arcane_gemcraft.txt:
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: November 09, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »

I'm really confused as to what you really want out of these gems.

Why would you want a kind of "generic" gem? Sure, you could change between higher and lower tiers of gem easily, but what's the point?

Generally, if you aren't selling your gems, you're polishing them up to be used in lenses. Why not put this whole debacle aside and put a crapton of extra reactions to lens making? It doesn't hurt thematics and doesn't cause much confusion. Also, higher-tier gems are not realistically better simply because they're bigger - in fact, rarer, more valuable gems tend to be smaller in size due to their rarity (or because people are obsessed with cutting them down). While lower-tier lenses should be craftable from better gems, you shouldn't be able to magically split a T2 gem into 2-5 less valuable ones of a very different mineral composition. However, using many lower-tier gems to make a higher-tier lens makes things easier for players who may not have access to that gem on their embark square.

Example:

Tell me if there's something big I'm missing here that would actually justify the need for actual gem-to-gem conversion.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:16:04 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: November 10, 2014, 12:40:03 am »

I mainly support the generic gem thing because it'd mean less for the game to have to keep track of.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: November 10, 2014, 05:14:07 am »

My rationale is that some of the gems are better for magic use than others. So a T2 gem may be used as spell hologem for a basic spell, while T3 is needed for a more complex spell. Which means T3 gem hologem should be able to hold that lesser spell just fine. (Basically I think of gem tiers as progressively bigger (specialised) memory chips.) In Project Horizons there is a conversation with Twilight Sparkle and she says that diamonds are basically the best for any type of spell matrix, but for destruction spells, cheaper and more available rubies work just as well. She is asked to optimise gem usage to lower the cost of things.

The reactions to downgrade gems aren't really meant to convert gems by alchemy (although in FoE that may be possible), they are to use an "overkill" solution when you don't have lesser gems available.

> Why would you want a kind of "generic" gem? Sure, you could change between higher and lower tiers of gem easily, but what's the point?
One alternative to generic gems is to choose a "goto" existing gem for each school of magic and tier. Which would suggest alchemy rather than "oversizing". It might be a better idea, though.
R1 -> Citrine
D1 -> Rose quartz
A1 -> blue quartz
And so on. Then the reactions would be very similar, but we wouldn't need generic gems.

> you shouldn't be able to magically split a T2 gem into 2-5 less valuable ones of a very different mineral composition. 
I agree and I never suggested that we should. I just want to substitute 1 hogher tier gem for 1 lower tier gem whenever I need to.

Using 2-5 lesser gem for a 1 tier higher one follows the rationale of "maybe if this gem is not good enough to hold that spell / be used as spell matrix, then connecting several of them with filigree wires will be almost as good as a higher tier gem".

> I mainly support the generic gem thing because it'd mean less for the game to have to keep track of.
It would be more to keep track of. I never suggested replacing the gems we have with generic ones. Just adding them.

> Tell me if there's something big I'm missing here that would actually justify the need for actual gem-to-gem conversion.
Checking... http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.msg4157271#msg4157271
Lens: It is better to use higher tier ones where available.
Spell research: Uses lenses to get better scroll and higher tier lenses are better.
Hologems: Basic required for basic spells. Basic and advanced required for advanced spells. T3->T2 and T4->T3 (alteration and destruction) justified
Forging Talismans: Basic hologems of all kings reqiured. T3->T2justified

I should have begun by such analysis. It invalidates T2->T1 conversions.
T1 gems are only good for lenses, after that they aren't used by arcane research. So it would be useful to substitute 2-5 of them for a T2 gem of the same school (to make a basic hologem).
T2 gems are used for basic hologems. Many of those are required for arcane research and talisman forge. T2 lenses are better than T1. So it doesn't make any sense to "downgrade" then to T1 of the same school, while using 2-5 of them to make an advanced hologem would be useful.
T3 gems are used for advanced hologems. You need a limited number of them and a limited number of T3 lenses. While these are rare, I'd say there is a strong case for substituting them for basic hologems. Using 2-5 to make a high quality hologem would be useful.
T4 gems make the best lenses and hologems. But we need a limited number of them. So using them for basic and advanced hologems might be useful.
Diamonds are needed for 2 prismatic lenses for MAS Research facility and prismatic hologems for reverse engineering. I think they should be substitutable for anything else.

So basically changing gem tiers would be used to make hologems. Therefore it might be a better system to not add any generic gems and instead add a bunch of reactions.

Arcane Gemcrafting Station:
* Rough A3/C3/D3/I3/R3 gem -> Basic hologem (100%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_LOW)
* Rough A4/C4/D4/I4/R4 gem -> Basic hologem of the appropriate school (100%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_LOW) 
* Rough A4/D4/ gem -> Advanced hologem of the appropriate school (90%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_MID) 
That's 12 reactions.

MAS Gemcrafting Station:
* Rough A3/C3/D3/I3/R3 gem -> Basic hologem (100%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_LOW)
* Rough A4/C4/D4/I4/R4 gem -> Basic hologem of the appropriate school (100%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_LOW) 
* Rough A4/D4/ gem -> Advanced hologem of the appropriate school (100%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_MID) 
* 4 Rough A1/C1/D1/I1/R1 gem -> Basic hologem (80%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_LOW)
* 4 Rough A2/D2/ gem -> Advanced hologem of the appropriate school (70%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_MID) 
* 4 Rough A3/D3/ gem -> High quality of the appropriate school (60%) (ITEM_HOLOGEM_ALTERATION_MID)
That's 21 reactions. Not counting diamonds, which should be able to be used as any hologem and diamond lenses usable in place of other lenses.

With downgrading / upgrading generic gems there would be fewer reactions, but I think I like making hologems better.

So we have 4 options:
1) Do nothing.
2) Gems can be converted to generic gem of one tier lower (always) or upper (uses a few and not 100%).
3) As 2, but we're converting gem types to existing gems.
4) Just add more reactions to make hologems out of different tier gems.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:05:27 am by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: November 10, 2014, 05:18:25 am »

Oh. Well, when I hear generic x I generally assume "less" instead of "more" when it comes to DF, since that's usually what people mean.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: November 10, 2014, 05:24:14 am »

Fluff wise, gems direct to hologems make the most sense. But in-crunch, not everyone uses the manager, so they will have to scroll through long lists of stuff, which is kinda bad, so in-crunch will support just downgrading gems. Personally, I prefer the former.

> It comes from the DF window itself. I get a white window saying that Dwarf Fortress.exe has stopped working. I have tried fresh installs from the latest version you posted. I did not run anything else such as Dwarf Therapist. The DF Hack window did not indicate that there where any errors.
I'll try redownloading the Phoebus graphics to see if it does any good.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:07:34 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 210