Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 964767 times)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2012, 08:51:59 pm »

OK, time to make a new character. Hopefully, this one will keep both arms.

Name: Alexander Luís Strongarm
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
STR 3
END 0
DEX 0
POT 3
WIL 0
CHA 2

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2012, 08:56:58 pm »

(("I sense a disturbance. More... a feeling in the wooden part of my body I never thought I'd experience again. Something is coming. Something... manly."))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:48 pm »

OK, time to make a new character. Hopefully, this one will keep both arms.

Name: Alexander Luís Strongarm
Appearance:
STR 3
END 0
DEX 0
POT 3
WIL 0
CHA 2

((I think..... I think I just exploded with joy.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »

Huh.  Interesting.

Hope that doesn't have any side effects to my next plan.

Step to the edge.  Point fancy new arm at the Target and say The Phrase of Destiny.

((Too bad that was my good arm and not my bad one.  But hey, I'm now the closest thing we have to a medic.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2012, 11:57:57 pm »

((Oy! Yurf! Want a partner? YOU COULD USE SOMEONE WHO CAN CAST WELL ON YOUR SIDE, HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE.))

Eyes darting over to the man at the stairs and the person in front of her, Alani quickly opens her book and screams "SHAREEB BRIO SHAREEB!"
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 06, 2012, 07:37:47 am »

This is the part where I run. Also 1 point in will.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:44:50 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 06, 2012, 07:43:59 am »

Yurf made to kick the body off the end of his blade, only for them to suddenly crumble into ash. "Huh."
He then glanced around for the person who called his name, just in time to see them dissolve into ash.
"...Shit. Dis is all goin' weird."

>Stay out of sight as much as possible and examine my foot.

>Stomp a few times, see if I can break the wooden casing away. Keep an eye out for anyone approaching, get ready to fight if they do.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #367 on: December 06, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »

Alga dashed towards Sanya, snatching her around the waist.

"Lucky I need you alive," she whispered, dragging her off to... "safety."

Drag Sanya around to the northern stairwell. Do Magic at a nearby wall once I'm done.
You run up behind sanya and begin slowly dragging her back to the stairwell, her feet grinding against the ground like you're trying to shove a baby grand piano across sandpaper. You get her back to the stairs and sort of dump her into the stairwell, wedging her in place. That done, you try your word.

[pot:5+2]

The air a few feet away grows distorted and staticy before a black tear rends the air open and an impenetrable darkness begins to flow out. Thick tendrils of the stuff, so dark that they seem to suck in the light around them, whip out of the whole, dripping globules of the black substance as they grasp mindlessly at the air. The globules harden and sharpen as they fall, slicing into the stone floor with ease and sticking there. Thin, extremely long arms with talon tipped fingers follow the tendrils, grasping toward you. In the central mass of darkness a single great eye, orange with a black pupil shaped like an 8 pointed star, opens and stares directly at you.

And then, in an instant, it is all sucked violently back through the tear and is gone.

"Oh gods, oh gods. WHICH ONE OF YOU DID I OFFEND? I'D LIKE TO KNOW SO THAT I CAN MAKE AN IMMEDIATE OFFERING TO YOU..."

"Ahh! T-thank you... I don't know how I'm still alive, but, every bit helps... I have an idea. It's a bad idea. It's a horrible, horrible idea, and I'll probably wind up doing more horrible horrible things while trying to science this away, but damn it I like my legs! And my mobility!"

"All right... This is... probably useless. Really useless... but..."
Rali-Heliel!

((Oh god, I'm playing with fire now. Metaphorically.))
[pot:3]
You feel the faintest tingle in your left palm, like someone ran a feather over it, but nothing happens.

"Whaaaaaa? Book? Book! Reveal your secrets book! Ha! Magic words! I'm sure absolutely nothing can go wrong if I shout them."

Turn to the person next to me and shout GWP GARSTOPIT while making a shoving motion at him.
((Oy! Yurf! Want a partner? YOU COULD USE SOMEONE WHO CAN CAST WELL ON YOUR SIDE, HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE.))

Eyes darting over to the man at the stairs and the person in front of her, Alani quickly opens her book and screams "SHAREEB BRIO SHAREEB!"
[cog dex:3]
[Alani dex:1]
[cog pot:5]
[Alani end:1]

Cog, with very little idea of where he is or what he's doing, instinctively shouts a GARSTOPIT at Alani, whose mouth is open and everything. When the terrible green fog has dispersed Alani is laying face down, unconscious in a puddle of bloody vomit, her skin red speckled with hemorrhages.

The result of your newest word is...odd.  It comes into being as just a lump of blinding light but it instantly breaks apart into countless specks or particles of brightly glowing dust that swirl and flow in ways that defy all physics and wind. They seem to be self organizing, forming hard lines of glowing light that then form images of nested euclidean solids. After a few dazzling seconds they vanish.

((I could not agree more. I have a feeling that this is the first time I would have wanted a lesser roll.))

"Wat."

Stop staring in amazement at.... whatever that was, and say Generic.

[pot:3]

A glowing point of light surrounded by a strange corona of fragile looking wisps hovers in mid air for a few seconds and then fades away.

This is the part where I run. Also 1 point in will.
Huh.  Interesting.

Hope that doesn't have any side effects to my next plan.

Step to the edge.  Point fancy new arm at the Target and say The Phrase of Destiny.

((Too bad that was my good arm and not my bad one.  But hey, I'm now the closest thing we have to a medic.))

[thrakor dex:2]
[jamie dex:6]

Jamie runs. Unfortunately he doesn't quite know where to run to, so he just runs in circles, doing laps on the second level ledge.

[thrakor pot:6+1]
[thrakor dex:4]

Thrakor, high on the ledge of the final fourth level, points at the jogging form of jamie, carefully aiming before speaking his words.  Electricity crackles across his metal arm and leaps from his finger in great streamers of arcing power, a flickering white-ish purple light filling the pit as a dozen bolts of lightning arc down and into Jamie. He collapses into ash in mid step.  A ball of light the size of a softball screams upward and into Thrakor.

[Jamie is dead. Thrakor gains 7 points]

Yurf made to kick the body off the end of his blade, only for them to suddenly crumble into ash. "Huh."
He then glanced around for the person who called his name, just in time to see them dissolve into ash.
"...Shit. Dis is all goin' weird."

>Stay out of sight as much as possible and examine my foot.

>Stomp a few times, see if I can break the wooden casing away. Keep an eye out for anyone approaching, get ready to fight if they do.
(you gonna level up there Yoink? You've got a point to spend.)

You stay out of sight in the stairwell, repeatedly stomping the ground with your wood encased foot. Hmm...you don't think You'll be able to get it off like this. Maybe you could cut it off?

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo- Who will be called Bob from now on- appears on the second level, near the north stairs.  Thrakor, giggling madly with new found power, hardly notices it when his bronze arm fades and returns to it's original fleshy configuration.

Sanya:Green: Pool:1/3  [Third floor, west stairs]
Cog: Red: pool:2/2 [first floor, center of gazebo]
YURF(2): Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified, foot encased in wood)  [first floor, south stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Alani: Yellow: Pool:3/3 (Horribly poisoned, unconcious)[first floor, central gazebo area]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:1/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (bob): Dark red: Pool:2/2 [Second floor, north stairs]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:59:12 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 06, 2012, 04:05:06 pm »

"Maybe it's the fact that my blood... may or may not be circulating anymore. Maybe it's that I've lost a lot of my cells, and maybe it's because of all the magic, but holy gods, I'm tired.

Close eyes and attempt to rest in the corner I'm in.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 06, 2012, 04:12:40 pm »

((Hooray! Garth has been avenged at last.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 06, 2012, 04:17:59 pm »

And now the giant target is painted on my back.  I shall stat accordingly.

Stats:  +2 End, +3 Dex, +1 Will, +1 Channeling.

The power... it tastes good.  A strong defensive urge takes over.

Run back and hide again!  If anyone approaches with hostile intent, speak MAGIC at them.

Piecewise:  Shouldn't I have a +1 to dex?  Not that it really mattered for this turn, but I want to make sure my stats are what I think they are.

Also Irony, way to open a gate to the Chaos Plane.

((Hooray! Garth has been avenged at last.))

Your soul tasted like evil.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:02:46 pm by Toaster »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 06, 2012, 04:20:10 pm »

((Don't I get a plus one for Potency rolls?

Edit: Oh, and obscenely powerful new guy? Would you mind leaving the fourth floor? It's kind of my current makeshift lab and you being here is nothing good for either of us.

• A: You attract attention to me by being on the same floor and charged with magical power.
  • B: I could easily kill us both, or just you or me, with an accidental lava magma flow/magical backlash. I do that from time to time.
  • C: Do you really want to be anywhere near me when I find out how to control minds? Your will score isn't exactly high enough to protect you from domination.

-That moment when I realize I just threatened someone with a power level over 9000- Feels good, man.))

"Why can't magic be simple again.....? Duh, because that wouldn't be any fun!"

Stop moping over confusing spells and !!SCIENCE!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:01:18 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #373 on: December 06, 2012, 04:29:45 pm »

@ onyx and Toaster  You did get your +1's, I was just kind of distracted and added them in my head but forgot to show them. So onyx your roll should be 2+1 and Thakor yours should be 1+1 and 3+1. Sorry about that.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 06, 2012, 04:54:00 pm »

Fuck. Try to wake up and shout my previous words, replacing the Brio with Garstopit! Unless I can't. If it's the case, try to THINK BRIO BRIO. Sounds like Barrier.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 435