Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958640 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Seven Foot Long Flesh Rod.
« Reply #735 on: December 14, 2012, 12:19:07 am »

Didn't I change location?

Go to southeast area.
Say word.

You say your word.
[pot:2]
Nothing seems to happen.

success
pull staff out, make poultice out of leaves and vines.
You rip the staff out of your foot and drag yourself to the nearest plant. You tear off a few leaves and a vine and make yourself a bandage of sorts. Well, that stops the bleeding at least.

Say those words. Be careful with pronunciation.
Spoiler: Known Words (click to show/hide)
(You do know you have a book with all these words right? In the OP? Don't have to just copy them.)
[pot:4]
You get, surprise, another cylindrical cat. This one is is black and wanders away from you.

"So, there's a mace, a staff, and a cleaver... so many damned weapons. I should find them all and set up shop. After all, who wouldn't want to pay for their very own elemental equipment?"

Say GWP.
[pot:1]
An image appears but it's far too unclear to make out anything but that it's rather big.

Hmm.  Interesting.

Touch a pillar- see what happens.  See if picking up the ball is any different.  Drop the ball on my foot again.

You touch one of the stones. Nothing happens. You pick up your ball. Nothing happens. You let it drop onto your exposed foot. Nothing happens. You cock your head to the side and pick up your ball with your left hand. Nothing happens. You rub the ball against your face. Nothing happens.

You drop the ball and grin. A moment later the strange glowing field vanishes.

>Possibly
Possibly says a word.
[pot:4+1]

A large lump of neon green plastic thuds to the ground.

Talos:spinal_tapper: Pool:2/4 [second floor, North stairs]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [third floor, southeast side]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 4/4 [fourth floor, north stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:2/2 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [third floor, south east area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:3/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North stairs]

Hydrus:Wwolin: Pool:2/2  [third floor, south east area]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:5/5 (plant staff, limping.) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 14, 2012, 12:26:14 am »

"Hey, that thing was pretty big. Which is funny, because I think that I botched the spell. Imagine how great it will be when I get it right! Maybe it's a pipe-organ!"

Try that word again.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 14, 2012, 01:16:58 am »

point at the floor near thrakor and say words then command mana fruit to finish evolving into mana fruit.

If attacked impale my attacker with plant staff and yell my standard GWP at any accomplices.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:33:47 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 14, 2012, 01:30:19 am »

Now that's bloody useful.  Too bad it doesn't last.

Do Magic Epsilon, unless under attack.  Then do Magic Psi.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #739 on: December 14, 2012, 03:04:28 am »

"Bethconthel Balethe Shael Zeusha" at pillar.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #740 on: December 14, 2012, 04:33:58 am »

"Hey, that thing was pretty big. Which is funny, because I think that I botched the spell. Imagine how great it will be when I get it right! Maybe it's a pipe-organ!"

Try that word again.
[pot:3+1]
The image you see is that of a large quadrupedal animal, you can't quite tell what.

point at the floor near thrakor and say words then command mana fruit to finish evolving into mana fruit.

If attacked impale my attacker with plant staff and yell my standard GWP at any accomplices.

A thin rod of luminance blue crystal sprouts from the ground in front of you, rising 5 feet as electricity crackles across it's surface and seems to boil within it. The top of the staff expands, a crystal, positively alive with electrical power, grows amidst a nest of smaller crystalline shards. The staff, still attached to the ground where it sprang from, idly throws off arcs of electricity, scorching nearby plants.

Now that's bloody useful.  Too bad it doesn't last.

Do Magic Epsilon, unless under attack.  Then do Magic Psi.
You point yourself toward an unoccupied area of the level and say your magic words.

A great spiked mace made entirely out of electricity appears in front of you. It hovers there for a moment before rocketing off straight away from you and slamming into the wall with an impressive amount of force, raising a cloud of dust as it embeds itself in the wall.

"Bethconthel Balethe Shael Zeusha" at pillar.

[pot:5]
Your right leg tingles, you feel like something is burning up your throat toward your mouth, and the air around Thrakor shimmers. And then nothing happens.

That must have been one hell of a malformed spell.

Talos:spinal_tapper: Pool:3/4 [second floor, North stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 1/4 [fourth floor, north stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:2/2 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [third floor, south east area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:4/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:1/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North stairs]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:2/5 (plant staff, limping.) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 14, 2012, 05:21:06 am »

execute plan A unless attacked in which case implement plan B.

ooh pretty...crap my plants!
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 14, 2012, 07:35:21 am »

"DINKLEBERG!"

Say Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 14, 2012, 08:40:23 am »

Mace delivery service!

Go fetch.

That was a nice string of successful rolls.  Go us!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 14, 2012, 02:32:09 pm »

karenthar garhantel aels taaleth? says susan, hugging the cylindrical cat.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #745 on: December 14, 2012, 04:21:30 pm »

execute plan A unless attacked in which case implement plan B.

ooh pretty...crap my plants!

[pot:5+1]

A Mark appears on your right hand and immediately activates, transforming your flesh into pure electrical power. You make a quick mental note to hold your plant staff with your left.

"DINKLEBERG!"

Say Words.
[pot:2+1]
A small cluster of blue crystals sprouts from the ground and glimmers in a fabulous fashion.

Mace delivery service!

Go fetch.

That was a nice string of successful rolls.  Go us!
You go and grab the mace before returning to your old position. You now have a great big old mace made of pure electricity. Thats pretty metal, if you do say so yourself.

karenthar garhantel aels taaleth? says susan, hugging the cylindrical cat.
[pot:5+1]

You summon a giant pair of fleshy, bat-like wings with wicked looking claws. They are also cylindrical. You're not quite sure how that works.

Not very well, as it turns out, since all they do is flop to the ground and sort of roll around uselessly.

"That was 4 words well spent."

Talos:spinal_tapper: Pool:4/4 [second floor, North stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 2/4 [fourth floor, north stairs]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:1/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Lightning Mace)[Fourth floor, North stairs]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:1/5 (plant staff, limping.) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 14, 2012, 04:28:56 pm »

"I could make a lego fort...."

Say Word.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 14, 2012, 04:30:03 pm »

((Someone say "Karenthar Zzeralthonth Ales" please.))

"Wicked."

Swing it around.  Whack a pillar with it.  Try to make it shoot a beam of electricity, or a beam of maces, or something cool like that.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 14, 2012, 04:34:31 pm »

Well, now I know the words for wings, ball that shoots forward, cylinder, claws and cat for sure. That -was- actually fairly well spent.

susan kisses the cat while waiting for her mana to regenerate. She also gathers the wings and the lump of flesh she summoned several posts ago and puts them in a little corner. Eventually, I'll spawn a hatchet and butcher the meat to feed kitty.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:38:09 pm by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 14, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »

I should make some electric cats.

And a sack to carry them around, and throw them around as ammo.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 435