Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958702 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2520 on: March 01, 2013, 12:38:30 am »

Kinda reminds me... i probably should've copy and paste'd what word does what in notepad or something. Right now I read up to up to page 112 (Around the time when Null summons a swarm of fire crows).

But I figure I'll write down the words after I play, and just start out playing based on memory.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2521 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:07 pm »

Null, in his attempt to murderize Thrakor, trips over his shoe laces and impales himself on his own weapon

"What ho! I have been slain!" He laments before vanishing in a puff of anti-climax.

And then the Seal on the hole breaks and shit gets real. The arena begins collapsing in on itself, being sucked in toward the whole, not shattering like stone but folding like paper. And as it goes you all go with it, vanishing into that deep abyss. And for a time there is nothing but darkness and the feeling of being pulled in all directions at once, put through a soup strainer and then given a wet willy.

And then you appear, along with a lot of other people you don't know, in a room. The room is fairly normal, a nice square affair with red walls, smooth stone floors, wooden columns in the corners and a simple but elegant gold trim. The only things that keep this place from being a lovely breakfast nook are the enormous pulsating magic circle on the floor and the Eight mummified dead guys in yellow robes sitting around it, their hands still clasped in prayer.   

There's only one door out of here and it's right in front of you.

(If you've given me a sheet, you're now officially in. Go nuts)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:14:04 pm by piecewise »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2522 on: March 01, 2013, 01:14:32 pm »

I cast SPELL!

Attempt to make results exit circle and look through the door.

Return Wwolins brofist.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:50:10 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: March 01, 2013, 01:19:38 pm »

((Oh Null, you silly bugger.  I assume those of us who were already in are reduced to our non-powerful new forms?))

Thrakor looks around.  There was no longer a supposed-to-be-sentient mace in hands... and he felt much, much weaker.  Wasn't there something about souls, and a fight, and REAL ULTIMATE POWER, and... was that just a dream?

He looked in his hands.  There was the familiar-looking spellbook... oh yes, and those were his notes.  So... not a dream.  But what happened?

Go up to whichever yellow dead guy looks most important and loot his corpse, including the robe.   Wear the robe.  If they all look equal, just whichever one is closest.
EDIT- If attacked, retaliate with MAGICAL DEATHRAY instead.

Too bad I don't have the power any more to cast a super black hole.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:45:52 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: March 01, 2013, 01:32:41 pm »

"~Riiiight-then. Wheeere-was-I?~"

Make a quick escape from the carnage through the door as I Do The Magical Thing Described In PM.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:15:05 pm by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: March 01, 2013, 01:39:01 pm »

Zentol fueled murder on everyone around me.
"Hello. I heard you have something."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: March 01, 2013, 01:41:18 pm »

Back away from everyone and do some science.

Shubha Kenthablaw!

"Hopefully this will be the same, but even if it isn't, I can still make a writing tool. Just need the word for Ink again..."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: March 01, 2013, 01:56:16 pm »

Also, by my count there are 18 people now.  Targeting "everyone around you" is a recipe for either epic success or horrible failure.

FYI I intend to go out exploring rather than murdering right after I loot that dead guy, but I have no problem stopping to murder anyone who attacks me- never hurts to have a few more points.  Just FYI.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2528 on: March 01, 2013, 02:01:29 pm »

"Gah!" Kin got up with a start. He remembered himself getting crushed by a big, big boulder. He also remembered the excruciating pain that followed. "I - I am not dead!" He looked around and saw someone ready to murder everyone.

Kin decided to flee from the Zentol fueled murderer and take a better look on his surroundings.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:23 pm »

I cast Spell A at anyone trying to attack me and dive behind the closest pillar.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: March 01, 2013, 02:35:38 pm »

Use my AXE SPELL to get axe
Pick it up and butcher the bodies

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2531 on: March 01, 2013, 02:39:05 pm »

So am I in? Or did I get dropped from the waitlist?
New stats!

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

If not dead, flee the room.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: March 01, 2013, 02:51:03 pm »

run the fuck away, yell word at mr zentol bomb as i leave
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: March 01, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »

"Eh, wha-Where am I? Dammit, I was winning that game, was going to hit it bi--" Glassco cut himself off seeing that, what he could only describe as chaos, surrounded him. Feeling a strange weight in his hand, he looked down to see a leather-bound book in his grubby mitts, filled with words but devoid of any other meaning. "...Wha?" Seeing everyone flee, he follows along, still rather confused, strange words flying every which way. Strange words that are in the book.

Running away from whatever is going on, he mutters a word from the book, eyes intently on the book as he tried to make sure he was pronouncing it right.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: March 01, 2013, 03:38:16 pm »

"-shel!  ...Huh, that's not what I expected to happen.  Works too, I guess."

Examine the mummies, but don't touch them.  Then say words.

If anyone attacks me, say different words

Are there any non-psychotic people who want to team up?

And a question for Piecewise, which I forgot to ask before:  If daggers give +spd and -str, does holding nothing give the same benefits?  Or are you just faster if you're holding something?
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 435