Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961990 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

*Saurinae shrugs and checks if there is a reasonably safe way down the cliff face that isn't the path. It seems full*
Well...there's the option of hurling yourself off the cliff. Or trying to fly. Both of those things are options. But as per other path ways, there aren't any. This early path is kinda a bottleneck.

Uh... Uh... Dirt! There we go! Eat my dirt!

Grab some dirt or snow or a hand full of rocks and shove it into the man's eyes. If i find a reasonably sized rock instead, bash the side of his head. The kick him off of me then yell "Zzeralleth" at his leg. Run away into the door in the wall. All while screaming for help!
Theres no dirt here, being a mountain path cut out of stone after all, but there are rocks. Nice sharp ones. You sweep one up as the man continues to throttle you and taken a swing at his head.
[str:6-1]
[Vun end:1]
You drive the sharp edge of a rock straight into the man's skull and embed it several inches in. He is very dead.

[you gain a point]

Find a ninja costume, preferably with lots of different bits I can enchant seperately.  Take off my clockwork gauntlets, and put the costume on.  Cast spell on the hood.

"Yeah, I knew that would happen.  Aside from your sudden intellect, notice anything new about yourself?  Oh, while we're here, feel free to grab some clothes."
You grab yourself a nice ninja costume. In black, obviously, not bright orange.

"Yeah, I think they don't have anything in my size. Giant golem and all. And no, besides the whole suddenly being aware of myself, I don't really feel different. Why? Should I?"

You shrug and cast a spell on your head scarf hood thingy.
[pot:1+1]
Or not. Massenfracen magic.

"Heh, looks like a nice enough guy."

Say "Taroth Hobitaeaod", put my hand on the stone and will it to fill the doorway to shut it off so nobody can come upstairs. Use my remaining pool point to say "Rothon".
[pot:3+1]
Nothing happens. Dang.
[pot:4+1]
That one generates a big storm of electrical discharge.

"How shocking!" You exclaim, and then punch yourself in the stomach for some reason.

((Plastic? PLASTIC?! And it's orange? So many bad memories are starting to surface in my mind.))

Kin search around the clothing shop after an exquisite hat. Then he leave the store after saying a word. Next building.
You find one of these

You walk back out into the village center and say your word.
[pot:4]
You get a phantom image of an altar.

There aren't any non-burnt buildings left around here. In fact, most of the village looks heavily raided and destroyed; the only reason it's not a fire charred ruin the fact that the buildings are made of stone. Hmm, maybe something else lies farther on.

"This isn't looking good. Caltalleth Shorbitael."
[pot:4]
You gain an aura of wind. It's blowing equally in all directions so it doesn't slow you down. This is unhelpful. You find yourself in the Sky now, amidst a sea of storm clouds. A clap of thunder and an arc of electrical discharge illuminates the clouds above you, and the shadow of something very very large drifting overhead, trailing an electrical storm behind it.

((Plastic? PLASTIC?! And it's orange? So many bad memories are starting to surface in my mind.))
[TRANSPARENT ORANGE CHAINSAW!]

"Shit, that didn't work, uh, uh, shit, uh... I'M GOING TO ATTEMPT SOMETHING, ITS PROBABLY STUPID BUT I'M OUT OF IDEAS! HOLD ON TO SOMETHING, AND BRACE FOR IMPACT!" Glassco points at John, then at the fallen cloth wall, saying words.
[pot:1]
Nothing happens. OH GOD IT'S A TWO FOLD FAILURE! The hits just keep coming.

Go explore the mountain.

You go back out to the temple grounds and walk over to the path down. You sit on the edge of the temple grounds and watch the traffic jam below, ready to move as soon as it dissipates.

"Hurry the hell up down there!"

Search the town for something to accomplish. Words.

Well...you could murder people. Thats a thing to do. But if you're looking for a quest giver or an NPC with a gold "!" above there head, you don't find anything like that.

[pot:2+1]

You get small amounts of wind, diamond and fire (You added an extra "L" to that wind word by the way. Cal, not call

Continue walking. If attacked by cloud walker, punch it in the face.
((Players start out in tattered robes, but there is an abandoned clothing shop down the mountain to loot.))
[Spd:6]
[cloud Shepard spd:5]

You just run right past the bastard and all the way down to the village homes. That was easy.

Yay, big man can use my sword to murderise in a gruesome fashion

place my hand upon my tiny minion after placing him on the floor and say WORDS, check if he survives the transition and hand my 9 foot minion the split sword.

@piecewise, is there a word for lizard or crocodile/alligator? I dont expect you to tell me what it is, i just need to know if it exists
(Yep, there is.)

You put the tiny mindless thing down say your words.
A mark appears on the thing. You activate it and the thing transforms from a tiny fleshy mindless humanoid to a tiny fiery mindless humanoid.

You hand your sword off to the Giant in celebration of your new burning mindless midget...thing.

((That was a typo on winds right? Also I meant grab sword and tell it to stop burning the hell out of me.))
say words, grab sword make sword friendly float down to town with new wings.(Essentially just jump short distances down the path using wings to stop death from falling.)
Yeah, should be "Wings"

[pot:5+1]

You say your words and your body transforms into a mass of crystalline black shot through with burning veins and vents of flame. You pick up your greatsword without issue, however those wings you made aren't actually attached to you. They're just kinda laying there. On the ground.

Oh well you're still a living volcano.

Pick up the wax that I created, then, if I can write with the wax I summoned, walk a decent distance back up the path and start Rune Experiments
If I cannot, then look at the weird creature blocking the path.

You walk right back up to the temple grounds-might as well, they're right there and they're safe, aside from people accidentally science'ing themselves-and use the wax to draw runes.

[pot:6,3]
The first rune produces a great growth of plants from where it is inscribed. The second produces...well it's kind of odd. the paving stone you wrote it on sort of wiggles.

"~Okaaaay-final-try. Different-this-time.~"

There seemed to be people gathering.

"~We-apologize-for-inconvenience. Let-us-let-you-by!~"

Hopefully that would smooth things over.

Order Tod-2A to let anyone who wants to pass go right by, lifting them up and placing them on the other side of himself if necessary. After that, final try - place hand on Tod-2A, say "Dorbaelo Zzers Harialltontal".

A mark appears on your giant man and he seems to bulk up considerably.

Will myself to grow 5 more arms (One in the stump of my ruined arm) and BOOTIFUL WINGS. (Beautiful. Don't take that as me wanting to grow wings made of ass force. That should never be a thing.
[will:3]
You regrow an arm. But it's pretty tiny. Tiny little t-rex arm.

((You know it can happen now derm. You've given him the idea. Well done. :( ))

"Huh? Oh, I see. The whole magical journey thing, right? Well, ok then..."

Explore the whole building and get a general layout so I can find things. Make sure to keep an eye out for something to write with, like a pencil, some chalk, a stick of charcoal, etc.
Is that to gain in character knowledge or just because you have no idea whats going on? Oh well.

Well there's the hall of the gods with 8 rooms for 8 gods, the upstairs with the all seeing monk, the hall of heroes and it's attached reading room and candle room, and the basement with beds and a storage room that is occasionally plagued by critters. As per things to write with, anything will work. Heck, even a bit of stone you can use to scratch symbols into the ground.

Go outside and say "Clo-Caltel Caltalleth"
You run outside and try your first spell.
[pot:1+1]
Off to an auspicious start.

Oh man, I bet I know how to do a really awesome spell now, but sadly I lack the third pool point I need.

Oh well, more SCIENCE to be done!

"Wonder what the difference between that and that other word is?"

Cast more magic.

[pot:3]
You get a burst of necromatic power that looks completely normal and unchanged. Oh dear, one of these words again.
"Waaaaat. Yeah, no. Fuck that."

Go around the giant, and sprint doen the path.

The Giant man lifts you up and puts you in front of him. OK NO MORE.

You sprint all the way down the path and to the outer gates of the village. Please god let this place be free of the giant eunuchs.

It's like a mini Mass Driver!

Now if I could build the Grinder Blade...

Test fire bow and glasstip arrow at a wall, then attempt to find a convinent way to hold all this equipment.

Find a monster area and kill stuff, or go get pissed at the bar if that fails.

[dex:6]
[str:6-1+2]
You test fire one of the arrows into the wall. It hits with enough force to shatter the head into a million pieces and bend the steel shaft. Now, as per places to hunt creatures, the only one you know about in character is the basement.

Finally, armor!
Put on the helmet, then say Adamenstiar Donbel. Hope it works THIS time.
[pot:2]
Sad trombone.

Dorbaeolo. Aels Shareeb!
To the encampment! After throwing a rock at the bridge to see if it's safe!
Your first word doesn't exist.
And that just summons a pair of steel wings that aren't attached to anything.

You cross the bridge. Tucked against the wall of the path here are over two dozen rusted, iron cages. Some are open while others are closed and padlocked.Bodies, dry, brown and desicated, fraying clothing hanging from thin limbs, occupy a handful of the cages.Chains and shackles lay in a pile near the cages. Just beyond the cages lies a camp, and judging from the movement and still smoldering fire pits you can see, it's occupied.

"Hey, you there behind the bar. Seeing as you haven't tried to kill me yet, I already like you better than half of the bastards here. Do you have anything that needs doing? Or even better, any gold that needs finding?"

Ask the man behind the bar about my surroundings.

"Nothing that needs doing, not really. You can slaughter those raiders down the path but, but their souls are your only reward. And Gold is of no importance any longer. What good is it when you can just make more with a word?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think you missed my action.))
Silica aims as far away from everyone and says "Conth Ratheale"

Huh? What? I guess I must been spacing out...
Silica aims as far away from everyone and says "Conth Ratheale"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:56:00 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"~Ha-hah-amazing-now-we-run!~"

Utilizing Tod-2A's newfound superpowers, have him take me through the cloud cover as quickly as he can and down to that damn village already!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:42:18 am by Harry Baldman »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

+1 to channeling

((Right.... I didn't want him dead but more like unconscious... but oh well. He's my first exception to my no kill people rule!))

Uh.... right... that wasn't supposed to be sharp.... if I wanted to kill him I would've used my knife..... well yeah he's a figment of my imagination! Killing my imagination in self defense is no way murder! It's perfect! Hahaha!

Anywho.... ((time to try something I've been wondering would work. Anyone wanna be nice enough to tell me if my plan will work or not?))

Walk over to the wall so I can quickly enter if danger arises. Say "Zerthel Hobitaeaod". Grab the result and will it into the shape of a ring that'll fit my finger.

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder…
More Rune Experiments

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile

((Hmm, I hope this works as I think it will or this will be hilarious/awkward))
*Saurinae searches around the temple for small animals and when/if he finds one he attempts to mentally control it*
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:08:47 am by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Enhance the big man for fun and profit science, aka poke him in the chest and say words.
Then wander off looking for someone to show my minion off to.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

"YESSSSS!"

Now for my power! say words
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

Jixiu shrugs and tries again, dammit!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

"Well, no protection for me, I guess."
Say "Ku-karua", "Prathel" and "Gathel".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Dammit.

Try again! Enlarge tiny arm and grow four others! + wings!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

Flavorful.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

"Shit, he's really far up. I don't think my voice can even reach him now... HEY, CAN YOU STILL HEAR ME?! I'M STILL... STILL TRYING TO GET YOU DOWN! JUST... IT ISN'T WORKING!" Glassco says words again, pointing from John to the cloth wall.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Interesting!  Enough science, time for murder!"

Head down the path toward the bridge/raider camp.  Get ready to murder.  If attacked, murder back via Rothon Shael.  If a player attacks the camp, assist them.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 11:55:04 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Well, hopefully this should come in handy."

Grab something suitable, small and hopefully sturdy that I can write with from the reading room, as well as 2 candles. Then go talk to the all-seeing monk and ask him what gods there are that I can join up with and what they do/are like.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 435