Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961942 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I have most elements, some shapes and about half of the marks. Then some here and there that I picked up from other people.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

I know a grand total of 24 words.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[Eighty eight words, eighty nine now thanks to learning the word for plastic. Enough to work with rather comfortably. All but one on page five, all but two on page one, and chunks of the rest with the least being page four. I don't quite understand people's focus on eye beams and breathe attacks with magic though, as a random comment.]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:04:14 pm by Xanmyral »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((100 words, but I am not sure about some of them.
@Xanmyral: The reason I use eyebeams is that they only add one word but are easy to direct, as opposed to adding beam and from palm.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((100 words, but I am not sure about some of them.
@Xanmyral: The reason I use eyebeams is that they only add one word but are easy to direct, as opposed to adding beam and from palm.))
[Eh, from what I've seen there are... Five to four different ways to attack someone with just two words with what I know. I just thinking using a volatile material that comes from your body, your head being a rather important one for two of the four words, a bit dangerous.]

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

Would anybody be willing to give me a few words from the first page? Please? Just so I have more variety.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Eh, from what I've seen there are... Five to four different ways to attack someone with just two words with what I know. I just thinking using a volatile material that comes from your body, your head being a rather important one for two of the four words, a bit dangerous.]
((With a +1 bonus to potency, the worst result I can get is nothing happening, so it isn't really dangerous.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[@Nahere: Yeah, I suppose you're right there. After you get rid of the ability to catastrophically fail, the four different methods of attacking are just fluff.

@Fr0stByt3: Zerthel: Iron; Celthel: Paper; Quielshar: Plant. Enjoy. All the words I have, beyond like... One or two, are all that have been posted in this entire thread.]

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

Oh well, can't resist making science anymore, so here is my character

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Good thing I've been watching the thread. 84 known words and 22 unsure words.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

There doesn't seem to be much practical difference between several attack vectors, so I haven't focused much on them. The bolt word I have been using does most everything I need.

I did have a word that targeted the central platform. I need to try it again to see what it does now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I know a word that targeted Derm once. Then myself. I still have to work that one out - it's Zeusha if you want to try it.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For several moments Ozzy sits upon the floor, contemplating the wonder of the gods and which one would best suit his purposes and still he could not decide.   So he didn't, instead Ozzy stood before the room that lead to the alters of each God and spun around in a circle.   Twice he spun with his eyes closed and his hand outstretch, both times he stopped moving facing the alter of Parathun the Fleshsmith.

He took as a sign from above and entered therein.  Once inside he bit hard into his thumb, hoping to tear a chunk of flesh out to offer it to holy Parathun.  If he failed to do so, he'd at least draw blood and he'd offer that up instead.

Afterwards, he departed from the temple and began his magical journey in earnest.  He looked down upon his palm and shouted "Con-tel Zerth!"

From what little he knew of magic, such a spell should create a mark upon his body.  If that was the case, he'd promptly activate it.

(( If you're not in combat, do you have access to your max mana pool every turn?

For example, I have channelling 2, does that mean I cast a two-word spell every turn as long as no one is trying to kill me?))
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:35:53 pm by luvmonke »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin waves at the mage and uses Garstopit again against it.

((Would lightning attacks against Thrakor's head give him back parts of his body? Or maybe even all of it? Not that I know the lightning word.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Rothon is lightning))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Wander Aimlessly.

I have no idea what I'm doing. ;)

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 435