Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958705 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

((Edited my action to where if I have enough time in my turn, I'll help you with/kill steal some of the birds for ya lol))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Test same words.Clo-caltel Hobitaeaod Contallthelthel
Try to grow your exploded foot into a mechanical-bone one.

[pot:5+1]
You summon up a Clockwork sword. It's sort of like a chainsword but it's edge is made up of dozens of sharp gears that look like they all spin in different directions, like some sort of weaponized food processor.

Well, ouch.
Say Shareeb Shaazeshelial and activate the mark that appears, if the mark works correctly try to knock the next crow who attacks me out of the sky.

[spd:5]
[crow spd:2]
[pot:1]
[end:1]
Yep. Your head turns into a big lump of metal. And to the spawn room you go.

Glassco curses, then sighs. "Well then John, time for a round two? By the way, if you find my mental presence stifling, just say so and I'll terminate the link. I'll only keep it for as long as you want it." Glassco attempts again to make the ship rise through John. "Rise damn you! I brought you into this world and I'll damn well make you fly over it!"

[Shouldn't I have two successes now? First was from shaping the stone wall/floor into a bowl, if I recall.]
[will:3+1]
The "ship" rises a good 10 or 15 feet into the air and hovers there. YAY!

"We're up and away! No way this won't end terribly!"

Head north down the path, punch enemies in the face, unless they seem to be a spellcaster, in which case attempt to remove their jaw.

You make it down to the Village bridge and meet up with a  raider mage.
[spd:3]
[raider spd:1]
[dex:6]
[mage spd:1]
You punch him right in the goddamn face and his head explodes like a ripe watermelon.

You gain a point.

"Goddamn fist of the northstar up in here."

((Piecewise unless you want to change my turn I will take this as a second action rather then including it in the first))
Leave the building and say "Hathic Hael-ton" then pick it up and head towards the path.
[pot:5]
You summon up a crystal Cleaver and sweep it up. Good thing your skin is hard as stone at this point, otherwise you would be cutting your hand up pretty good.

You make it down to the middle of the path just in time to see some guy turn his head into a lump of metal as storm crows attack some other guy. Hmm, maybe you should help. Or maybe you should just fucking run and leave this guy to get pecked to death.

okay Miauw... you have avoided my attempt at abduction, but i implore you to let me use you for science, i promise if it works it will be VERY useful for upgrading yourself and your minions and i will share with you the knowledge of how i did it...

Perform actions that entirely depend on whether miauw submits to science, runs away, or retaliates against his attempted abduction.

Miauw has submit, enter his building and carve the circle into the floorboards or whatever.

okay Miauw... you have avoided my attempt at abduction, but i implore you to let me use you for science, i promise if it works it will be VERY useful for upgrading yourself and your minions and i will share with you the knowledge of how i did it...

Perform actions that entirely depend on whether miauw submits to science, runs away, or retaliates against his attempted abduction.

Meh, alright. I'm keeping most of my words public tough. I'm gonna try to make a rock control diamond so people stop fucking distracting me. But just let me make my robotic arm :c

Don't be abducted and rather tell Unholy to get his ass here before doing his actions. Say "Adamenstiar Hobitaeaod Taroth" and try to block the stairs with it after Unholy has come in.
[Mia pot:3+1]
A lump of stone and a lump of diamond appear in front of you. Goddamn it.

Sven wanders in and starts carving a circle into the wooden planking of the floor.
[pot:6+1]
He finishes the circle and puts Windsor into it's center before activating it.

The circle glows brightly and the two runes on it's edges hover into mid air and drift into Windsor's body. His flesh begins to change, becoming fibrous and crystalline at the same time, his skin turning dark green, shot through with blue veins. When it's over he's an odd thing; still human, still flesh, but a flesh of hard plant fiber shored up by an internal framework of crystal.

"Well then time for some exploration"
Put on the gloves grab my sword and continue looking around, if I run into someone/thing that wants to kill me then murder words otherwise if I don't find anything say less murdery words.
(greaves are pants, by the way.)

You make it down to the intersection where one way goes towards the sea, and the the other goes towards the raider camp and the forest below.
[pot:3+1]
And this is the same spell as last time. It produces pretty much the same thing.
[pot:5+1]
You get a phantom image of a human torso.

"~Onward-Tod-2A! To-glorious-victory!~"

Ride Tod-2A toward some locals. Gauge their disposition from my lofty perch atop the nine foot man. If they are completely ordinary (hungry, insane and unreasonably violent) peasants, have Tod-2A teach them a fatal lesson. Not literally, mind you. Just kill them.
You ride down to the village homes and skid to a stop as a ghostly green flame shrouded black skeleton rises from one of the corpses. This is not your ordinary local.

((Piecewise: do beams, projectiles and bursts all require dex rolls to aim? Is there any way to get points without killing things?))
Silica places her right hand on the sphere and says "Dorbaelo Aels"
(Not all targeting requires dex. Some require Will. And using single words at close range don't require aiming at all. And there are ways to get points without killing, per say. Although they are not easy to figure out, nor are they without consequences.)
The mark doesn't form, clearly whatever you said wasn't a functional spell.

((Um... what happened to my bonus +1 to Pot rolls? I should be getting it since I have 3 points in my pot stat right?))

Hm... I was hoping if I was powerful enough, it'd be like diamond cloth.... Wait... this might still work. Maybe I can have instant armor when I get attacked....

Try to deactivate the mark on the robe and see if I can keep activating and reactivating it.

If I can't and it's not back to normal, hold it and say "Dorbaelo Szahell". Then put it back on.

If I can activate and reactivate the mark at will, or it's back to normal, put it back on with the mark off and say "Shareeb Hael-ton".

If I have time to move and attack, head for the clouds and go bird hunting with my pimped out crossbow. If I don't have time to move but to attack, attempt to shoot at anything flying in the clouds... that is if I can see anything in the clouds.

((Anybody know if you can activate marks at long range? I got a sweet plan where I can trough a object at someone with a Arcane mark on it and turn the object into arcane energy at in mid air and then turn it back to normal when you want to pick it up again. If marks don't work like that, maybe it'd be possible with circles since I know they work at long range.

Also anyone wanna share the secret to having living moving limbs of metal and stuff? I wonder if I'm missing something to make my robe less solid and unmoving.))
(sorry, I just somehow forgot both times. Then again, they were both 6's so it's not like it would have really done anything.)

You cannot deactivate the mark. Hmm. Maybe you should try overwriting it with another one.
[pot:6+1]
Your robe turns back into cloth. Much better.

You sprint back up the path and into the clouds and immediately open fire on the nearest cluster of crows.
[dex:3+1]
You fire a burst of 6 arrows directly into the flock attacking Sanya, killing or injuring several of them and scattering the rest back into the clouds.

Kin waves at the mage and uses Garstopit again against it.

((Would lightning attacks against Thrakor's head give him back parts of his body? Or maybe even all of it? Not that I know the lightning word.))
[spd:3+2]
[mage spd:4+2]
The Mage charges you with his bare hands, trying to push you off the edge of the mountain path.
[mage dex:6]
[mage str:5]
[str:5-1]
You go stumbling back, almost going off the edge but catching yourself at the last minute. Unfortunately your wild flailing as you attempt not to fall to your death wastes the rest of your turn.

"Asshole!"

Roll close enough to bite his ankles just Rothon him to death.  Failing that, yeah, bite his ankle.
Well Kin's taken the attention off you for the moment but you literally cannot move and the mage isn't standing in line with your Rathon so...Time to sit around as a severed head, humming the severed head song.

"Wasn' really sure magic could do tha'. But steroids is steroids, right?"

Words.
You make your way back up to the temple grounds and, after catching your breath, say some words.

Unfortunately your words are aimed at your bull. Which you left all the way back down at the village center. Because you can't carry that sort of shit.

"Interesting..."

Moar runes!
[pot:4+1,5+1,4+1]

The runes reform themselves to show a Lizard or reptile, an Altar, and what looks like a lantern or a light source.

"Urg, lets try that again."

Dorbaelo Zzers Harialltontal

Seperately try Rotheleaod and Haroshaltal

[pot:1]
Your electro-bolt crossbow explodes into about 6 million pieces.
[pot:1,2]
Luckily your failure doesn't kill you this time.

Jixiu puts the sword on his back.
"Well, then. Off we go!"
Go down the path. If those damn storm bird attack me, whack them with my staff.
You wander down the path, past the guys fucking around in the clouds, all the way down to the village outer gate.

Randomized door selection!
You chose the altar of Blastel at complete random.

Hmm.
Hold up sword, say Rothon Harialltontal. Imagine a sword that can zap people when I stabby them to death. Then go offer to Yo-Drell.
[pot:2]
Turns out you don't have the power of grayskull. Oh well.

You run off to Yo-drell and make your offering. Your skin turns gray and dusty, not to mention hard as stone.

Oh well, can't resist making science anymore, so here is my character

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Good thing I've been watching the thread. 84 known words and 22 unsure words.
I assume you know you show up in the spawn room and everything, right?

For several moments Ozzy sits upon the floor, contemplating the wonder of the gods and which one would best suit his purposes and still he could not decide.   So he didn't, instead Ozzy stood before the room that lead to the alters of each God and spun around in a circle.   Twice he spun with his eyes closed and his hand outstretch, both times he stopped moving facing the alter of Parathun the Fleshsmith.

He took as a sign from above and entered therein.  Once inside he bit hard into his thumb, hoping to tear a chunk of flesh out to offer it to holy Parathun.  If he failed to do so, he'd at least draw blood and he'd offer that up instead.

Afterwards, he departed from the temple and began his magical journey in earnest.  He looked down upon his palm and shouted "Con-tel Zerth!"

From what little he knew of magic, such a spell should create a mark upon his body.  If that was the case, he'd promptly activate it.

(( If you're not in combat, do you have access to your max mana pool every turn?

For example, I have channelling 2, does that mean I cast a two-word spell every turn as long as no one is trying to kill me?))
(Yep, as long as no one is trying to kill you, just assume you're at full pool.)

You Make your offering to Parathun and then head outside, walking a little ways down the path toward the village as you cast your first spell.

[pot:2]
Or not. Magic, man. It's a bitch.

Wander Aimlessly.

I have no idea what I'm doing. ;)
You wander down to the intersection where the road splits. Shall you go toward the raider camp and the forest below like everyone else, or along the mountains to the sea in the south?

Say words, then head down the... main road, I guess?  Towards the bridge near the raider camp.
[pot:4+1]
You apply your press on magic tattoo and then head over, down the road, to where Thrakor and Kin are fighting a losing fight against a single raider mage by the Raider cages.

"Hey guys you, uh, need some help?

Head down to the raider cages.
You head over to the raider cages. A Raider heavy saunters out of nowhere as you show up. He points his pick at you.

Oh... Fuck!

Enraged, pull out sword and prepare to counterstrike any of the crows ballsy enough to swoop again, but don't use it's superdash.
Damned birds... Why are they so angry anyway?
"Hey, if anyone can hear me? I could really use some help!"

Shh shh shh.

Everything is ok. The bad bad birdies are gone now. A man with a freaking shotgun crossbow saved you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

And the statuses

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Wh- Motherfucker. I need me some points.

Dammit now I gotta make that thing again.

Make that thing again. Shareeb Clo-caltel Rothon Ku-karua Zothelthcaon.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile

Pretty. ((How big is this Crystal Cleaver?))
Head on down to the raider camp and try to kill the raider mage
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well, the RNG really hates me.))
I'll re-pledge to The Ink-sea, go outside, say Zorhaltoran Tarothel and observe what appears.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ozzy takes a moment to let the magic happen, to allow the mystic power's he has unleashed to ripen and bring forth fruit.

"....fuck..."

Sighing in disappointment, he tries something else.  Still facing off into the great blue yonder to perform his mystic experiments without huring anybody but himself, he yells belts out, "Hath-caon Baltaellsheral!"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:42:03 am by luvmonke »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

This thing is as sweet as I thought it was gonna be! So awesome....

"Yo, you ok? I heard you yelling for help. Well help is here!" I say to the person I just saved. Er... wait why am I narrating that in my head o.O Oh well... nobody can read my thoughts anyways.

Reload my shotty crossbow. Then say "Shareeb Hael-ton".
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

"Hah, it worked! We're flying! Fuck you gravity, and your oppression! You can't bring us down this time!" Glassco taunts the elements as he watches the stone floor bowl levitate into the air. "Right then, where to Captain John! Shall it we take it for a spin around the temple first, or just pick a cardinal direction and head out?" Glassco makes the ship move in whatever fashion John wishes. "And they said I'd be a terrible sailor."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

((What about my gauntlets I put on? Also by greaves being pants do you mean they aren't armour?))
(Hopefully I have a near full armour set now.)
Go look around for something unfriendly to murder if successful use murder words otherwise non murder words
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Silica goes and joins Sanya before she aims away from everyone and says "Zzers Clo-caltel"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:16:39 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

congratulations you are a crystal-plant man.
try moving around and enchanting parts of yourself, the effect should hold.

walk over to Tod and compare minions, assist him with his lost spirit problem.
Draw three runes along the way.

Skip the first rune in favor of a point blank zorhalth on the body that lost spirit is coming from, if that fails have Mr Big insert the split sword into its ribcage then twist the blade so the edges are vertical and pull the trigger.
have myself and Mr Big step back after each attack so as not to obscure Tod's line of fire.

Must reach hoverbowl... must build ballistae...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:13:55 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile

try to bonemechanics your broken foot again
crows?
Phal Zzeralleth Caoncarthel
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:31:42 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"~I-do-not-like-the-spawn-of-the-devil-hanging-around.~"

Point at the skeleton, try saying "Zeusha Shalzethtol" and hitting the thing with it. Should that fail, have Tod-2A run at it and try to slash it to bits.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Let's first go around the temple to see if there's anything interesting, and then let's head perpendicular to the path off the mountain. Try not to crash."
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 435