Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961848 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3780 on: April 05, 2013, 12:43:51 am »

"Odd, Gah screw it time to kill stuff"
say words wield great-sword in two hands(Would I get a strength bonus from that?)Then say words and go find something to kill, then do so.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: April 05, 2013, 01:29:31 am »

I forgot to ask, but is the soil around my character soft enough to make runes in?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: April 05, 2013, 01:34:31 am »

Yes... its dirt...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: April 05, 2013, 01:40:56 am »

By the way, after I get another pool I would like to join Team Bismuth, I will work on finding the effects of runes and circles.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:44:37 am by Vakothu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3784 on: April 05, 2013, 02:42:45 am »

By the way guys, you're free to just say "Head back to here." and  you'll walk back towards it. You'll no doubt hit an encounter somewhere along the way, but it's a bit better then just "Walk down path" because in that case I'll just stop you at random places.

((Well damn, I need another pool.))
Say "Clo-caltel Shubha" and hope for a staff long and strong enough to serve as a walking stick.  If I get a suitable staff, look for something to kill.  If not, stay where I am.
[pot:2]
Yup. Looks like we're twiddling our thumbs for this turn.

((Oh.. Ah well)
attempt to scavenge stuff from the town after saying "Hathic Shubha"
So where would you like to look specifically? We've got the Ruined Tavern, the clothing shop, the village homes and the warehouse up the hill.

[pot:6]
You get yourself a nice crystal staff. Coolio.

poke new crossbow with metal rod, if neither disintegrate pick up the weapon and test fire it at a wall after cranking it.
Grin like an idiot if the result is awesome, shoot someone with my original crossbow if it is not.

Afterwards walk over to the nearest house and zorhalth it 5 times from point blank range

Lets see what the next level of everflame favour gets me.

Your new crossbow appears to fire spikes of arcane energy at a relatively rapid rate. Sweet.

[pot:6+1,2+1,6+1,3+1,3+1]

After nearly a half dozen flame attacks you stop to catch your breath and feel the mark on your forehead burn. It's glowing like cool ember now, smoking ever so slightly.

"...*Sigh*. Stupid random chance."
"Cainthalsaz Shalzethtol Zzers Shaazeshelial."

Activate mark, head down mountain path.
[pot:2+1]
For a moment you become a very buff zombie with an internal red glow. It vanishes after a second though. Well...at least you know it works. *sigh*

You Head down the mountain path.  You reach the village outer gate without issue and come across two guys attempting to kill each other very awkwardly. Huh.  They scatter off, shouting combined curses and truces.

*sign* Why is it that I keep forgetting to equip this body with a better update or soul exit system?
"I'll be right back, wait for me please"
Silica commits suicide. She configures her new body unit to have 4 channeling and 6 potency. She then goes to Patrick
"I was planning to get someone to use a control mark to command you to be able to control your own body and accompany us, however, it seems that our journey will be dangerous and I have caused you enough trouble. I'm not sure when I'll be back here again, before I leave, is there anything I can do for you?"

Done and done, ya suicidal weirdo.

"Ah well..."

Say "Shareeb" until I get a reasonably sized (about the size of a sword blade) lump of steel, throw it to the other end of the room and see if I can attract it with my magnetic arm.
[pot:4+1]
You summon a big old lump of steel. It immediately half leaps toward you, half drags you to it. You now have a big old lump of steel stuck to your arm. Or is it that you're stuck to it. Regardless, you're sorta gimped.

Pretty sure that's acid. Gingerly touch blade, see if it hurts.

Thinking to myself, smile suddenly then speak words.
Clo-caltel Halthel Roncal-thol Zoth-Hareth.
I know I've made a lot of weapons, but this time, why not a simple toy?
Lets see if this OH GOD OW OW OW OW, yeah, acid. Very acid. Geez.

[pot:5]
You summon a tiny, intelligent clockwork man.

"You know I can't move right? Why did you make me sentient! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!"

Oi piece, where is my action?
It appears I missed it. Feel free to post another one.
Doctor Octogonapus - Team "We are currently deciding on a name!" - Temple Grounds

((Yes! Excellent! Thank you!))

*sigh* "Let us pretend that never happened..."

Get going towards the village. Say words (Sorry, changed my mind and sent you another PM).

Awww..... This fight is leading nowhere... Truce until more pool for a real fight? Or do we get more skinned knees?
((How about you two team up in mutual frustration and fight against your seemingly traitorous weapons?))
((Peace through impotence.))

((@Piecewise: If I accidentally kill someone, can I release there soul so that they can respawn, or do their souls pass through some magical meat grinder when we absorb them? For that matter, what is the level of control we have on souls? Can we trade them with each other, like that bartender can?))

(To do anything with souls other then absorb them you'll need to talk to the bartender about the exact methods of manipulating souls. )

You wander all the way down to the village outer gate.
[pot:6+1,5+1]
You get phantom images of Wire and gas.

"Alright. Thanks."

Grab staff, and head back down the mountain to the village.
You grab your staff and head down. You make it to the lower part of the path to the village and find a lone raider spearman, wandering the path.

[I am thankful, thankful indeed.]

"HAH, look at that thing! Guess it won't be so boring after all, eh! Huge and spits lightning, never get to see anything like that at home. Lets try a new trick. You shall be mine, creature!" Glassco grinned heavily beneath his mask, extending his hand towards the creature and tries to will it under his command.

Glassco attempts to mentally enthrall the giant beetle.

[will:6+1]
[Thunderbeetle will:1]
You thrust one hand out toward the creature and it jerks violently and slows to a halt, buzzing in front of you with a sound like continuous thunder.

Unfortunately exerting your will over the beetle means releasing your hold on Jon. He struggles to keep the bowl afloat.

[jon will:2]

You are both now falling. Very fast, toward some very sharp rocks. You have 2 turns till impact.

"Oh how tiring this fight is... How about a little break?"
Thaltelsho!
Fill my Blade's reservoir.

If he still agrees to fighting:Stab him
If not: Walk into village.

[pot:3+1]
You pour the sand into the reservoir and head into town.  You wander to the village homes.

"~Aw-nuts. Only-one-thing-left-to-do.~"

Say Words! Run to village.
You run to the village outer gate.
[pot:3+1]

The spell fails. Must be malformed.

Alright... with this mead....

Say "Szahell"

I can make a molotov! Great if I run into a group of creatures. Especially flammable ones! Now to go check out this church.

Proceed to stuff the resulting cloth into the top of the mead jar with a little still hanging off.

Then go take a look inside the church!

You make some cloth and jury rig yourself a firebomb.

You wander into the church. It's an ornate place with strange barred windows that appear to look out onto a landscape that is submerged underwater. There's an altar at the end of the room with the statue of Scarlon looming above it.

"Praise be to Parathun for small mercies," Ozzy mutters as the villages strike misses him.

He then dashes forward and tries to rip the pitchfork out of his opponent's hands.

If successful try to stab him with his own weapon, if not shout "Shoshashzel!"

[spd:3+2]
[pitch:5]
[str:5-1]
[pitch str:2]
You and the Pitchforker clash, struggling to over power one another. You manage to tear the weapon from his hands and attempt to murder him with it.
[dex:6]
[str:1]
You proceed to lift the pitch fork in a big, stupid, overhead blow and...hurl it right off into the distance. Well..fuck.

Ok, third times the charm for getting my action right.
Go to the altar room of Sha-calun and put blood into basin. Then walk outside and say Karenthar Aels Gars. Then say Prathelthe.
[pot:3]
Your sacrifice to the god goes well, your tattoo attempt does not. It kinda half forms for a second and then vanishes. No flesh wings for you.

[pot:2]

Or whatever that is.

Thrakor sighs.  "Need a hand there?"

More words of magical murder science.
[pot:3]
[pot:5]
No idea for the first one. Second one seems to be a human torso. Thats a thing.

Jixiu also puts the hammer on his back, over the opposite shoulder of the one the sword. Then he begins walking towards the village, humming no song in particular.
You also make it to the village outer gate. Lot of you guys down here.

Awww..... This fight is leading nowhere... Truce until more pool for a real fight? Or do we get more skinned knees?
"Truce. Le's do this when we both are a tad less invalid."

Run, run to more lootable pastures
...not sure where that is. Um.

You summon a warhammer made of vacuum. Oh wait...this is a terrible idea.

[str:2-1]

You get sucked into your own warhammer and die straight to death.

Damnit! Why do I ALWAYS ROLL 2!?
Go look for loot in the temple, saying Adamenstiar Dontalthelielio. Wear result.
You get yourself some nice diamond greaves.

The only place where you think some loot might be is in the basement...but there are things down there.

"HOLY MOTHER OF AWESOME! THAT WAS SWEET!"

Runes, and hope for something good!
[pot:5+1,1+1,2+1,]

Magnet, nada, glass.

Before Kin can bleed out he shouts Shaazeshelial Rothon. He prays to whatever higher (or lower) power that exist for a stroke of luck.

"I've got this!"
THUNDERSTRUCK!

Yeah you become made of lightning.

Head outside and will myself up a mushroom staff with a cup on the end and some spore bombs I could launch with it.

Alright, so I haven't been keeping up with the groups, but I think I'd like to join one. You may begin bidding now.  ;D
(You'd need some fungus to start with.)

Say words, then head into the village(and into the clothes shop if possible)
[pot:1+1]
Welp.

You make it to the clothing shop at the very least, but no zombies for you sir.

"Odd, Gah screw it time to kill stuff"
say words wield great-sword in two hands(Would I get a strength bonus from that?)Then say words and go find something to kill, then do so.

[pot:4+1,4+1]

An image of a torso.

And then an nice aura of fire and arcane. Cool, hope this doesn't fade by next turn. That would be unfortunate!

Well, you know that the raider camp down there has stuff to kill. Only problem is that it might have more stuff to kill then you can handle. Gotta moderate your murder hunger, lest you choke to death on the blood of your enemies.

Statuses
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: April 05, 2013, 02:45:14 am »

"~Silly magic.~"

Do more silly magic.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: April 05, 2013, 02:54:24 am »

Go search through the warehouse(s) and take anything that looks important or magical
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: April 05, 2013, 02:56:25 am »

Try "Clo-caltel Shubha" again, if it doesn't work, look for a stick that would serve as a walking-staff.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: April 05, 2013, 03:29:05 am »

(Smolder: Fire based attacks get an automatic +1 to all rolls related to them (pot, dex to hit, etc)
Your new crossbow appears to fire spikes of arcane energy at a relatively rapid rate. Sweet.

CURSE MY LACK OF FORWARD THINKING!!!

draw a circle on the ground using a crystal arrow, once complete place the head of the arrow in the circle whilst keeping the shaft outside it and put the brick on the shaft to prevent it floating away before activating it.

afterwards try to get into a position where i can see one of the fights Luv and Kisame are engaging in and point at their attacker then say SUPER FIRE BONUS WORDS.

Find Parisbre and hand him my repeating crossbow and 29 remaining crystal bolts in exchange for a mindless humanoid test subject.

+2 Pot and +1 Dex should prevent this backfiring right?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:07:26 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: April 05, 2013, 04:43:01 am »

Look for things to kill.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: April 05, 2013, 04:47:05 am »

switch to one handed grip on my sword and use words on camp from distance while pointing palm at the camp
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: April 05, 2013, 05:20:24 am »

"Well, at least I know that it works."
Put my hand on the steel and say "Dorbaelo Caltalleth". Activate the mark if it isn't already.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: April 05, 2013, 05:48:52 am »

Hm... well let's take a look around. This world seems like a fantasy land gone to hell, and churches are always hiding a secret or two in fantasy worlds.

Search around the whole church to look around for anything of interest. Before i do that though, say "Dorbaelo Chall-thel" while holding my firebomb. Do not activate the mark. I'm saving the mark for later.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: April 05, 2013, 05:53:16 am »

Anyone want a repeating crossbow and 30 crystal bolts?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3794 on: April 05, 2013, 05:54:47 am »

Doctor Octogonapus - Team Bismuth - Village outer gate

Go to Thrakor, say words and give the result to Thrakor or Kin, whoever wants to use it.

"I believe I owe you something. Here."

Anyone want a repeating crossbow and 30 crystal bolts?
((Selling or giving away for free?))
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 435