Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958598 times)

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3855 on: April 07, 2013, 02:00:49 am »

Ozzy looks at the smoking ruin of his opponent and then back at the sky from whence the strike had come, then back at the smoking ruin.

"PRAISE PARATHUN!  Clearly he is the mightiest of all gods!"

Somehow i think sha-calun is facepalming right about now..

((It's all a matter of perspective.  Sure Sha-calun may helped a little by lighting the whole shebang on fire but Parathun obviously created mutated the "giant alien thing" into existence.  If Parathun had not placed that beastie in the sky, Sha-calun could not have have lit it on fire and thus the farmer would not have been barbecued. ))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:48 am »

Ozzy looks at the smoking ruin of his opponent and then back at the sky from whence the strike had come, then back at the smoking ruin.

Somehow i think sha-calun is facepalming right about now..

((It's all a matter of perspective.  Sure Sha-calun may helped a little by lighting the whole shebang on fire but Parathun obviously created mutated the "giant alien thing" into existence.  If Parathun had not placed that beastie in the sky, Sha-calun could not have have lit it on fire and thus the farmer would not have been barbecued. ))
Yes, but if sha-calun had not granted me power over fire the beastie would never have existed.
Also the beastie was pure flame, thats a bit outside parathuns sphere of influence :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: April 07, 2013, 02:33:29 am »

((Ah.  I read that as a giant alien thingy on fire, not a giant alien thingy of fire.

Well... lets just say my character is an ignorant hick.  After all, he just entered this world like 30 minutes ago.))

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #3858 on: April 07, 2013, 04:22:35 am »

Kin says Rothon Hael-ton and wills the result to form into a body for Thrakor, or at the very least a torso and an arm.

He also wills some of his own electricity to the stump of his right hand, forming that to an acceptable hand.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: April 07, 2013, 10:23:52 am »

Jixiu leans in close to the people. Really close. As in, almost pressing his face against theirs. He studies them intently, like a scientist examining bacteria under a microscope. After about a full minute of this, Jixiu shakes his head and says, "Nah."

Then he goes searching for monsters to kill. After all, they probably wouldn't take too kindly to being attacked. Probably.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: April 07, 2013, 01:20:59 pm »

I'll try to get the bowl under control again. If that fails, then I'll quickly say Shaazeshelial Hobitaeaod Ah-thaelao, activate the mark and fly.
"Please work please work please work please work please work please work please work!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3861 on: April 07, 2013, 04:12:27 pm »

Right, let's move to the sea! While traveling, try out some words.

The path here widens thanks to a natural rock outcropping, and you climb to the edge to take a good look around. Below you and to the south, the path continues down towards the beach, but branches halfway there. The first branch looks like it leads to the actual beach, while the  second leads to a ruin of some sort. From your vantage point the ruin, half lost in sea fog, looks like a dock or shipyard, but it's been heavily damaged. Even from here you can make out the craters and twisted metal.

[pot:1,2,2,3,3]
Nothing, nothing, nothing, Phantom image of something with 4 legs and a phantom image of...a sausage? You really can't tell.

"Hm. Maybe-just-maybe..."

More words.

Still failure. That word has a very specific use and word order is important.

"Well, that's a start.  Have some more material?"

WERDS, yo.

[pot:3]
You make a tiny pyramid made of lightning. It dissipates after a few seconds. Well...fuck.

"Go find your own raider! This one is mine!"

Swing at his head, and try and cave it in.
[spd:1]
[Raider spd:1]

You both just stand there, posturing at each other, shouting "What?!, What?! You want some?!"

God damn this fight is getting stupid.

Dorbaelo Zzers Harialltontal
To the sea! I learned my mistake last time!

You join Derm on the outcropping overlooking the shipyard.
[pot:3+1]
Well, a mark tries to form just above your right hand but can't because you don't have anything in that hand. Maybe you should put something in that hand and try again.

Will some spore bombs to grow on the mushrooms around the area, then will another large thallid to grow out of the floor in front of me.

[will:3+2,2+2]
The spore bombs work out fine but your fungi man comes out a bit short at about 4 feet high. Oh well.

Ooh pretty. Take a deep breath and put the ring on
You put the ring on. Nothing seems to happen. Hmm, maybe you have to activate it some how?

Look at my staff to see if it has a clockwork key on it, if it has a key, turn the key until it clicks, then wander around the town looking for something to kill.  If it doesn't, just look for something to kill
It's got a key on it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It just causes little gears to turn without any noticeable effect. Hmm

You hobble down the road on your one leg, severely slowed by your injury. You make it to the village center but find nothing to murder.

"Well, this is very interesting, let's see if I can figure this out."

run somewhere uninhabited, find utensil, draw runes.

((Zako, rune experimentation team?))
Somewhere uninhabited? Well there are plenty of rooms in the temple that are uninhabited but magic doesn't work there. I think the closest place that isn't inhabited is one of the homes down in the village. But that means going all the way down there. Or you can just go out to the temple grounds. It's far from uninhabited, but it's inhabited entirely by sciencers.

As per utensil, what would you like to look for? And where? Admittedly, anything works really. Just scratching it out with a stone works.

Uhh, uhhh, hey, I have an idea!

Grab the small man in with my right hand and say "Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Clo-caltel!   

"I-I apologize, uh, big clockwork man, but I don't have the energy left to try this on you too... B-but if it works, I know I can let you have some freedom! I hope...

"Also, uhh... Mr. Big Clockwork man, do... do you know why I got so lightheaded after summoning you? Some kind of special ability of yours, or...? Maybe it's nothing, but..."

The mark you make appears for only a few seconds before vanishing.

"That doesn't work! It just gives you control over me! AHHHHHHH"

You ask your question to the giant one.

"You probably used the word that makes me bigger right? Words like that draw energy straight from the caster. Use them too much and it may have permanent effects. Might even kill you. "

"NOT WORKING, KEEP TRYING! SPARKY, DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME!" Glassco yelled at the giant thunder beetle as he desperately tried to will the beetle into a fury of action.

[will:1+1]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hm.... how come I couldn't control the mark? I did it for the rock... well that only worked temporarily.... Did I put to much power into it? Hm...

Well whatever. Since it's huge and gonna be pretty heavy to throw, I'll just make it not heavy!

Say "Dorbaelo Ah-thaelao" while holding the giant firebomb.

Right now, let's see what's in door #1!

Open up the trap door and see what's inside. If it happens that the fire bomb is giant enough to not fit, juts abandon it and leave it for someone else to take. If it's too dark inside, try to light my torch without magic (since I don't got enough channeling).
[pot:1+1]
Noope.

Oh well, it's too big to fit in the trap door anyways. You leave it behind and light your torch on a candle that sitting on the altar. You peer into the shaft under the trap door. It's a very thin, square shaft with a metal ladder leading down into darkness. Yep...that looks safe.

((Hmm... no alternate ways down the mountain?))

Walk down the mountain, walk in any direction away from the end of the path so long as it doesn't lead to the town. Words.
In terms of paths you can see; the nearest place the path diverges is at the Intersection that heads toward the sea. So You're going into town, one way or another. Unless of course you can find some other path, or blaze one through the sky. Of course, we all know how that sky thing goes...

[pot:3+1]
You summon up a chest tattoo. At least it isn't tribal or a barbed wire bicep tattoo.

Doctor Octogonapus - Team Bismuth - Raider Cages

@Thrakor:"Thank you for shopping from team Bismuth. Please remember that we will not be held accountable for any harm that may come to you from use of our products. Anything else you wish to purchase with your remaining credits? Otherwise, I have some experiments to perform."

Say words then do things that will depend on Thrakor's [Toaster's] response.
Go t the house miauw is in and do an experiment that will probably produce something spectacular and incredibly useful.

Gonna be gone for the next few days. I'll follow parisbre's orders, lest they kill me
If it is acceptable for me to play for other team members during their short absence, have Windsor [miauw62] summon a human for sven [Unholy_Pariah] by saying "Karenthar Halthel"

((Oh, and remember, team Bismuth is always accepting new scientists, traders and explorers. Especially interested in people with high will.))

[pot:4+1]

You get what amounts to Megaman's arm cannon. It requires one hand and forearm to use. But it's a goddamn Arcane cannon for god sake.

[mia pot:3+1]

Your partner in crime summons up a little, mindless flesh man.

"Fourth times the charm?"
"Cainthalsaz Shalzethtol Harialltontal Shaazeshelial."

Activate mark. Head to raiders camp provided spell takes.

[pot:1+1]
Ok this is getting a bit stupid at this point. Wizard needs Sha-calun Badly. Next turn I'm rolling with different dice, because you probably killed these Dices parents or something.

"Lightheaded? Something here might be causing it, considering you used spells of a similar magnitude back at the temple with no ill effect. Either that or your sword is giving off fumes we didn't notice. You might be able to place a control mark on the golem and command it to move under it's own intent."
Silica says "Shoshashzel Ku-karua Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon"
[pot:2+2]

The bow you get isn't exactly what you had in mind. It's a clockwork bow made out of rare earth magnets surrounded in an aura of force that makes picking it up very hard. You grumble and kick it off the cliff.

Objective Completer: Get Wings
So who did I run into on the path?
Continue on my way to the village, on my way there use Adamenstiar Gonteli
You ran into Empi and Tsuch, who have been hanging out on the edge of the cliff playing with magic for a while now.

You make it down to the village outer gate and say your words.

You get a lump of diamond vaguely shaped like a helmet but suited only to protecting the heads of small rodents.

Ok then.
Stay away from it. Say Karenthar Shaazeshelial. Hope it works. Being made of fire will NOT help versus this guy. Unless, of course, this is a mark, if so then turn it off and say Garstopit twice. At the big nasty thingy.
Um.

Well you turn your mark off, so you're now made of flesh, not fire. But the Golem is still made of metal and fire. The sorts of things not really effected by poison, like I said last time. But ok.

[spd:2-1]
[MS Spd:2-1]
You shout your words has he brings his hammer down.
[pot:2]
[MS dex:5]
[MS str:2+1]
[end:3]

Well your words fail completely and the Automoton proceeds to do a double handed baseball swing that sends you flying across the room and into the wall. However, thanks to your stone skin and massive amounts of armor, you escape completely uninjured. Though you are a bit stuck in the wall.

"Hrrm.  On one hand, I want to test the mark put to see if it works.  On the other, I'd like to use it in combat if it does work.  Guess I'll just hope for the best."

Summon myself a new minion!  Then head towards the raider encampment.
[pot:2+1]
You summon a tiny skeletal fetus. Well...it's plenty disturbing, but not exactly the combat powerhouse you were hoping for...

You head down to the raider cages and meet up with thrakor and kin in the middle of their electric avenue.

His praising complete, Ozzy scavenges the wreckage for anything usefully, keeping an eye out for that pitchfork he tossed away.

He then continues deeper into the village, on the prowl for more trouble.

If I don't come across anything or anyone obviously hostile, try "Karenthar Casshealio" again.

Well, you can't find the pitch fork; or anything else of value, unless ash is of value to you for some reason. You shrug and head down to the village center. You find nothing thats really that threatening, so you say your words.
Nope.

((Well, I guess it's ok for now. All I have to do is find something decently hard to kill and I'll get a point to spend, so it's all good. As for Rune Experimentation Team, maybe later when I've got a bigger pool.))

Guess what time it is? Time for more runes!

[pot:2+1,1+1,1+1]

Wax, nothing, nothing again.

walk over to parisbre and give him my old crossbow and crystal bolts.
Head over to the tavern and talk to the bartender about soul manipulation.

Words if attacked and science if not.

You walk over to The doc and give him your crossbow stuff in exchange for the tiny human thing that mia made. That done, you head to the tavern.

"Hey, you mentioned something about Manipulating souls?"

"What of it?"

(also, I see what you're trying to do with that spell there. Clever. It doesn't work, but it's clever in theory)

Move toward the camp then say words while approximately aimed at camp then run in and murder survivors if applicable using sword
You walk into the camp. Doing so summons in:
A  raider heavy
A Raider captain
Two raider mages.

[spd:1]
[Heavy spd:2-1]
[Cap spd:1]
[Mage1 spd:1]
[mage 2 spd:1]

You all just sort of stare at each other, dumb struck, much in the same way that I'm staring at the results of these rolls, equally dumbstruck.

Kin says Rothon Hael-ton and wills the result to form into a body for Thrakor, or at the very least a torso and an arm.

He also wills some of his own electricity to the stump of his right hand, forming that to an acceptable hand.

Welp.
[Will:2]
WELP

Jixiu leans in close to the people. Really close. As in, almost pressing his face against theirs. He studies them intently, like a scientist examining bacteria under a microscope. After about a full minute of this, Jixiu shakes his head and says, "Nah."

Then he goes searching for monsters to kill. After all, they probably wouldn't take too kindly to being attacked. Probably.

You make it down to the village homes and are immediately confronted by the lumbering, fleshy, Frankensteinian form of a carrion beast.

I'll try to get the bowl under control again. If that fails, then I'll quickly say Shaazeshelial Hobitaeaod Ah-thaelao, activate the mark and fly.
"Please work please work please work please work please work please work please work!"
Considering how this turn has been going, I will bet you that this fails. If you live I will tell you how to replicate..say...any one weapon from Dark souls.

[will:5]
You lucky son of a bitch.

At the very last second you call up all your will power and bring the bowl to a halt maybe 20 feet above the ground. Whew.

(Chose your weapon, magic man)

Statuses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In other news, did one of you guys fucking punch the guy that runs Random.org in the stomach  or something?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #3862 on: April 07, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »

Christ. Bad rolls everywhere. I need to get me some points, fast.

Head into the ruins and keep my gun at the ready while searching. Attempt words for science!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:29:52 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3863 on: April 07, 2013, 04:31:31 pm »

Will my thallid to become very fast and gain nasty barbed spike claws that tear off when he stabs someone, and are very hard to remove. Then will another large thallid to grow, and a bunch of small suicide spore bomber thallids. Also I need a fungus bandolier to put my spore bombs in.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: April 07, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »

Jixiu smiles at the thing. "Jello!"[/glow] He looks confused for a second, then carries on mostly unfazed. "Well, that too, I guess. Anyways, hello! Do you like PAIN!?!?"
 Smack it in the face with my hammer.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: April 07, 2013, 04:43:42 pm »

The promised land awaits me! TO THE BEACH

Place dagger in right hand
Je'rael Clo-Caltel Thaltelsho

Will some sand into an anvil

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: April 07, 2013, 04:46:19 pm »

Go to temple grounds, scratch runes mentioned previously.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: April 07, 2013, 04:48:53 pm »

Hmm..
Examine the ring and attempt to find out how it activates. Then go off and search through the warehouse looking for more floors or something.
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: April 07, 2013, 05:56:12 pm »

If I can see the beast attacking Frostbyte, come up and point my palm at it, then say "Noreeb Rothon".  If I cannot see it, continue looking for something to kill.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: April 07, 2013, 05:57:17 pm »

Im... alive? I KNEW armor would pay off! HAH!
Be amazed that I am alive. Struggle out of hole in wall. Cainthalsaz golem if I can first, keeping it away from me. If I can get free, stabbity with my sword.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 07:13:34 pm by ArchAIngel »
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 435