Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958614 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #3886 on: April 07, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »

I launched a giant tripedal eyestalk composed of pure flame at a villager just to see if i could, is that
 !!SCIENCE-EY!! enough for you, also have plans for flamethrower, balrog, godzilla and lightsabers.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: April 07, 2013, 07:56:45 pm »

I launched a giant tripedal eyestalk composed of pure flame at a villager just to see if i could, is that
 !!SCIENCE-EY!! enough for you, also have plans for flamethrower, balrog, godzilla and lightsabers.
Can you make a Bolo? My end goal is a magic-powered bolo that shoots superheated magma instead of plasma from the hellbore cannons. Now, that is !!SCIENCE!!. Also more dakka.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: April 07, 2013, 08:15:49 pm »

A bolo is that tank that was linked a few turns ago right?
Ill begin work on a mysterious construction immediately.

Although the best i can do without any will is probably a tank with guns that you have to fire manually like a 50cal turret, you should probably make some minions to help you operate it, and you know... man the "engines"

Also it will probably take me a few days to work everything out so... stuff...

hooray for the wonders of wikipedia... i know know exactly what a bolo is and now have to build a sentient tank complete with weapons >_<
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:33:37 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3889 on: April 07, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

A bolo is that tank that was linked a few turns ago right?
Ill begin work on a mysterious construction immediately.

Although the best i can do without any will is probably a tank with guns that you have to fire manually like a 50cal turret, you should probably make some minions to help you operate it, and you know... man the "engines"

Also it will probably take me a few days to work everything out so... stuff...
Why aim so low? Why make a simple tank? That requires aiming? Just wait until I get some will and start working on team Bismuth's secret fortress plan. It will be awesome.

Oh, and team Bismuth is always recruiting, and we're especially interested in people with high will and rune scientists. In exchange we offer high pool enchantments and items and about 60%+ of the words in the book, plus a couple of dozens of runes. [/shameless_adertisment]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:35:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: April 07, 2013, 08:47:00 pm »

mainly because i have never really encountered bolos before except passing comments and a few pictures, im currently trying to figure out a way to create the main tank body because once i have that done im going to have a much easier time fitting it all together and wont have to bother with clockwork engines and steering now that i know they are self controlled.

goddamn sentience making my life extremely simple and incredibly difficult at the same time...

edit: okay i have a rough draft laid out that im 80% sure wont work but will save me some time if it does and another plan that im 90% sure will work according to plan but will take a few turns extra...

also does anyone know a good tank "shape" spell, all i have is cube, sphere, cylinder and wall... please for the love of god give me a trapezoid
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:12:00 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3891 on: April 07, 2013, 09:33:33 pm »

Oh, and team Bismuth is always recruiting, and we're especially interested in people with high will and rune scientists. In exchange we offer high pool enchantments and items and about 60%+ of the words in the book, plus a couple of dozens of runes. [/shameless_adertisment]

Who all's in your group, and what all are you working on? And most importantly, do you have room for a fun guy?  :D

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: April 07, 2013, 09:40:08 pm »

((Dayum son, those are a LOT of bad rolls... I think it may be time to retire those dice...

Also, if anyone happens to know the rune to make some kind of metal, then I'm willing to trade for it with one you don't have. I know a few cool ones after all.))

Some more runes!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: April 07, 2013, 09:41:44 pm »

@parisbre
what runes/circles do you actually know, im curious as i discovered around 90% of the rune science my team possesses.
you don't have to tell me which runes are which, i just want a list of their effects.

oh and can you pm me that ring word? i wants me a ruby ring of shoot fireballs +1

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: April 07, 2013, 09:52:23 pm »

((Also, who is in team Bismuth anyway? I'm thinking of joining in a bit.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: April 07, 2013, 10:07:37 pm »

[Really, I'm not sure who's in any team. So far, there are only two teams so I guess it would just be who's in one, who's in the other, and who's in undecided/misc.]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: April 07, 2013, 10:33:51 pm »

Far fewer people than Science Team Aether.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: April 07, 2013, 10:34:17 pm »

We're just terrible.

Same words again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: April 07, 2013, 11:46:41 pm »

"Third times the charm?"

Try "Karenthar Casshealio" once more.

Then continue on, taking the path less traveled whenever possible.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 435