Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961753 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #3990 on: April 10, 2013, 12:00:40 pm »

"Well, perhaps the control word will change that? I could give it a shot, but frankly... I'm afraid I'd rather turn myself into one. I wouldn't wish another 'tiny chestplate' incident. It didn't hurt, just felt... Really, really weird." Glassco comments. "Might work out like those blood bandages though, and instead make ink in the shape of cloth... Hm."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: April 10, 2013, 12:36:27 pm »

Try and get up and whack him in the head with my stick.

((Oh for fucks sake.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3992 on: April 10, 2013, 12:39:39 pm »

Will little fungus missiles to grow on the chest of the suit of armor and put it on. Then take my horde and head down to the village.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:32:23 am by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: April 10, 2013, 11:14:18 pm »

This is still active, right?
Yeah, I've been reading it this past... two weeks (BIG archive) and intend to sign up... as soon as I'm caught up. Right now I'm posting to ... watch? Mark the thread in some way so I can easily come back if my computer goofs, anyways.
Currently at post #3400... the start of page 69 with the Lots of Posts per Page setting.

I do have an idea of how to deal with the massive amount of Meta knowledge I'm gleaning right now, don't worry. IC, too.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:25 pm »

Yeah, this thread is still active, piecewise usually updates around 1am central time.  I don't think you need to justify metaknowledge, but it couldn't hurt.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:25:33 pm by Vakothu »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: April 11, 2013, 01:36:44 am »

RP isn't much of a deal here really. Probably a quarter of my words aren't mine.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: April 11, 2013, 07:51:31 am »

PW has said he doesn't really care about meta, since it's pretty damn hard to pretend you don't know how the words interact.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3997 on: April 11, 2013, 11:27:43 am »

I imagine the book like that e-book from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, with little screen in the last page from which we can see what everyone else is doing and communicate with each other. In the back cover "PANIC!" is written in big blood-red letters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: April 11, 2013, 11:57:43 am »

Now we just have to perplexicon-ify the symbol.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3999 on: April 11, 2013, 03:34:48 pm »

Sorry about the lack of post last night guys. My internet crapped out on me and I had to fuck with it for several hours till I managed to get it working. And by that time It was quite late and I was pretty annoyed with technology, so I figured it was probably best for everyone's survival that I didn't do a turn.

Starting work on it right now though. Still not sure how to do the dark hand. A shield like it is easy. A grab like it is easy. But an object that can switch back and forth is hard.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: April 11, 2013, 03:38:23 pm »

A mark/rune?  Clockwork?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4001 on: April 11, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »

A mark would work, sort of. The mark could generate a wall/shield of...probably necropower, but making it also be able to grab might be hard. See, the way the system is set up it's designed so that things only really do one thing most of the time. I may have to use that word...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: April 11, 2013, 04:01:38 pm »

You could halfass it and just call it a case of quantum inter-dimensional summoning.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: April 11, 2013, 04:06:12 pm »

((If you want to ignore the shield part of it, feel free. I'm more interested in the grab. I hadn't even realised it could become a shield until you mentioned it.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: April 11, 2013, 04:24:40 pm »

((Heh, this time I forgot to make an actual post, but sent the PM. I am really out of this week.))

Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 435