Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961682 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4485 on: April 25, 2013, 11:57:18 pm »

Want a suggestion? Add the word Shareeb in there. 'Cause as it stands, that thing is just going to start to melt once you put it on. You should get an ice steel kind of thing going on if you add steel to it, but sadly I don't know of a way to prevent the ice from melting without giving yourself control over ice, water, fire, and extrapolating from that thermodynamics.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: April 26, 2013, 09:55:03 am »

Thirty six players, by my count.  I think this wins the prize for largest RTD.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4487 on: April 26, 2013, 10:05:25 am »

Thirty six players, by my count.  I think this wins the prize for largest RTD.

Right now, or just total over time?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: April 26, 2013, 10:05:58 am »

Right now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: April 26, 2013, 12:06:05 pm »

Oh wow, thirty six? That's huge, if there was a prize for such a thing this would win it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: April 26, 2013, 12:27:21 pm »

Your prize is a horrible abomination.

I have some free casting words banked with Team Bismuth- I'm tempted to use them to make some sort of abomination just to see what we get.

Like, say, flesh-cat-altar-goo-sentience or something equally abominable.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: April 26, 2013, 01:54:13 pm »

What you should do is count up all the words in each section, excluding the last section, and randomly gen five numbers between one and four, then randomly gen each of those words excluding duplicate words. That should result in something interesting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:26 pm »

So what, a random combination of four words, one from each page?

Doing it the quick and dirty way, I got what could possibly a breath-launched metal cage that turns people to metal when they touch it.

Oh wait, I see what you mean.

Doing it THAT way, I get a tiny magnetic bat that breathes necromantic energy.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: April 26, 2013, 03:10:53 pm »

So what, a random combination of four words, one from each page?

Doing it the quick and dirty way, I got what could possibly a breath-launched metal cage that turns people to metal when they touch it.

Oh wait, I see what you mean.

Doing it THAT way, I get a tiny magnetic bat that breathes necromantic energy.
Don't you just adore physics ‼PHYSICS‼?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:23 pm »

But... This has nothing to do with physics on fire. It has to do with words. Now, maybe if there was a word that could increase or decrease the effect of gravity on something, then that would indeed by physics, although probably not some of the more esoteric but fun of them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: April 26, 2013, 03:45:19 pm »

You know there is a hover word, right?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4496 on: April 26, 2013, 04:26:33 pm »

((PW: I never tested it since I was afraid it would require a dex roll, which due to Silica's magic-specialized nature would likely harm her or people near her.))
Noticing that Derm has respawned, Silica approaches him.
"Found anything of interest in the areas you've explored? I have created some pieces of equipment, currently just weapons, if you want to commission a weapon or acquire one of the ones I've already made, just say so."
Silica then walks out of the magic-nullification zone and says <words>

[pot:3+2]
You get a pair of strange looking clockwork gauntlets that are covered in what look like tiny antennas. Inside each gauntlet is a small switch.

This is not going well... wake up and run back the way i came utilizing all the mental defenses i can muster, do stuff if i reach safety.

You wake up. Wait a second...this isn't the same place as before...

Or...well it might be. It's pitch black in here so you're not really sure.

More runes.
((@Arch: try arcane with the same word that got you into this mess.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for death by exploded diamond splinters.))
[pot:1,2,1,6,+1 all]
So, nothing, silver, nothing, bone

"Might as well, do this hold still"
Go up to skelebro take the armour and sword off of him and say words
[pot:2+1]
The mark doesn't really work, it sort of flickers and goes away moments after being made.

Son of a whore.

Awareness.

Get the fuck outside. Shareeb Clo-Caltel Tael-eraoth Zzeralleth Cantar

[pot:4]
You get...well it's really odd. Now, imagine someone took some steel, some gears and springs made of brass, that weird distortion dust, and a big hunk of gold and just smashed them all together into a solid block. Thats pretty much what you get here; just a solid mass of random elements.

Is screaming a bunch of random words just Perplexicon's version of swearing now? If so, I approve.

((Touch the diamond aura, say the words for "enchant_held_item(wind)".))
((This. It's how I solved having a lump of steel stuck to my arm.))

Say a few more words and draw a rune.
[pot:3+1,1+1]
Welp, that first cases a stack of paper to appear and clock Doc Oct upside the head.

Second one doesn't work because of magical impotence. Should see your doctor about that. Get the magic blue pill.

Finally.
Pick up the warhammer and give it a few test swings away from the structures and people
You swing the hammer around. It's heavy and slow, but could probably cause some real damage.

Kin kept experimenting with the old circle instead using A16, B3. He used his hat and tried to maneuver the rod to the new circle. Activate it.
[pot:2]
Welcome, To infinite sadness.

Say "Hath-caon Hobitaeaod Shubha" and try to grab it with the crook of my last leg.  If that works, will myself to grow my other leg back.
You summon up a staff and, with no small amount of difficultly, manage to get hold of it.
[will:4]
You manage to regrow your other leg. Whew. Ok.

You stand up, holding the staff in your teeth as it bends and wiggles everywhere.

D'oh, looks like my changed action was missed.  No problem- we'll do that next turn... probably with something different since the dust didn't seem to have much effect on him.

Pull the trigger on the mace and bash its skull in!

I'm wondering what power level this dude is.  He can't be that awful high if all I've seen from him is a +1 speed.

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND

Let's just ignore that speed is the only thing it's rolled so far.
[spd:4+1]
[master spd:2+1]
[dex:2]
You swing and miss. You miss. The thing is the size of a double decker bus and you miss.

"Oh dear, why is it that I seem to suck roughly 33% percent of the time?"

[master dex:4+1]
[master str:3+3]
[spd:3+1]
[spd:6+1]
You roll out of the way as six iron tusks rip over your head and tear massive gashes through stone and wood in their path. As you get back to your feet the boar snorts and stomps the ground with it's great hooves. The flowers across it's back bloom and it's entire body glows a dim green.

This ship shall be made with my mind! "Hm, well it does seem he's gotten faster. Although I can't say if it was simply a case of same spells not stacking, or simply because the last got overwritten."

Spoiler: Ship Re-envisioning! (click to show/hide)
[will:2,1,+1 all]
The bowl sort of elongates a bit...but not really want you want. And the next part just completely fails.

How do you want to handle failures, by the way? Just keep going or try to fix them or what?

"I was half expecting that to kill me, but that's just disappointing."

Try words.

[pot:2+2]
You get a sphere of force with sand inside it. It doesn't hold together for long and the force aspect dissipates quickly, leaving nothing but a pile of sand.

Hmm, need some other word...

"Hrmm. Wonder what kinda reward I'd get for killing that?"

Try and pole vault up onto the boar, and hang on for dear life.

((There is no way this can go wrong. Nope, not at all.))
[dex:4]
You land on the boar's back and sort of half slide off. You manage to keep hold though and the boar doesn't really even seem to notice you.

I've got a reasonable idea of what's going on.

Drop into existence.

See notes on book.

"HEY, YOU OVER THERE, WITH THE SKELETON GOLDFISH." Say WORDS at Flabort's guy. "DID THAT DO ANYTHING?"

The second you say THAT word, the ground in front of you is rent asunder and black hands burst forth.

"You are weak and slow. With this, we solve your woes."

The black arms catch hold of you tear your limbs away without a drop of blood. And then they replace them with strange, blackish gray limbs that meld with your normal flesh. You feel...stronger and faster.

The black hands recede a moment later, leaving behind nothing but the new limbs and a tattoo on your stomach showing 3 of 8 eyes open on some sort of strange beast.

Find somewhere to store my stuff so I don't lose it when I suicide.
You stash your stuff in a corner of one of the village homes, hidden under some junk. You feel fairly certain that no one will find it.

((I do but it doesn't seem to want to work with what I'm currently using... Hmmm, looks like I'll need to do a different rune.))

Make a steel sword and think about how these circles could work to my advantage.
You're gonna have to actually tell me the words. Since I'm not sure who knows which words.

"I think I'll see what's in the cave while you improve the ship."
I cast Ah-thaelao Zorhalth Ratheale at the mouth of the cave.
[pot:2+1]
A sphere of fire appears in front of you and sort of floats away, dissipating as it goes. Ah, well.

What a load of rubbish. Now, where's the way out?

Look out the windows, and determine on what level the ground floor is. Use the stairs to get to said level.
You head down to the first floor, a rather grand hall with many pillars, each carved to resemble someone.

Look around in the raider camp. What can be seen, what is interesting? Moreover, where can I go from here?

Also, words.

Well, there are some tents and a camp fire, some various bits of armor and weapons, all mundane.  As per where you can go: Back up the mountain, to the north toward a fort or encampment, or toward the west and the forest.

Will myself up a giant fungus battlesuit. It should be as large or larger than one of my huge thallids, and should have large shoulder mounted fungus missiles. It should probably take up a minion slot, what with how large and complex it is. In fact, I probably need to make it in stages- First will up as large a thallid as possible, then will the largest of my thallids into a suit, and then will it to have shoulder mounted missiles.

"Well, would you all like to accompany me into the forest? I promise not to blow you up this time."
[will:3+3]
Giant Thallid, check.
[Will:6+3]
Hollow "control pod" inside giant thallid. check.
[will:2+3]
And Rockets, check.

And now we're playing fungus Mechwarrior.

Talk with the bear.

"So, you say you were dead? Do you remember how you died? If so, could you tell me? If you don't mind me asking, that is.
Also, since you seem to know stuff, any idea about why your other bear friend here isn't talking? I remember I summoned something that could talk with those words, so I find it kind of weird."

Then draw some runes on the second bear (the non-talking one).
Also, need a +1 for my god due to pot:6 roll last round.

"I don't know. I don't remember much. And I'm not sure. Maybe he's different from me."

[pot:1,2,3,+1 all]

So nothing, unintelligible, The bear comes to life and immediately attacks you.  Oh dear.

"Good.... now uh.... don't follow me!"

Get on my bear and urge it to go westward into the forest as westward as possible. If we run into a non-hostile NPC, ask them about.... the place the barkeeper mentioned where that guy who's not dead is..... you know what I'm talking about right?
You'd love to do that, but your bear is requesting speech again and doing bear magic.

I assume you were trying to get me into the world of circles, as a lot of my experiments previously could have been greatly helped by them. However, in character, a bear has no need or knowledge of circles, only government affairs and slaughter.

Have a vision of darkness. See a female figure calling the forbidden word. Hear the fairground music burst forth, as the dark carnival takes shape. Watch as she and her soul is devoured, as darkness begins it's rampage through the land, leaving macabre attractions in it's wake... As the music gets faster and faster and the world is filled with the sound of buckling metal, the Ringmaster takes form...

Shiver at the vision. Point again at throat and request speech ability, and think about previous non-bear life. Draw crappy version of rune B16 in the ground with my claws. Activate it with BEAR MANA.
You make diamonds. BEAR DIAMONDS!

We can turn the ground you're standing on into black hole goats with our runes. How many people can say that?
((Everyone in Aether, Bismuth and anyone else who knows the required words. Not that it'll be of much use due to the suicide chance. Unless of course, the amount of souls the user is likely to gain is greater than half their current soul count (assuming of course, the souls gained are added after the 50% reduction due to death) and there aren't any allies nearby.))
(If that wasn't the case, you'd just need souls equal to or greater than your current total.
I dare someone to do that. Someone who isn't me, ideally.)

-----

Yes, I do.

Make one more plant, call it a garden, unblock an exit and leave through it.
You make another crystally plant and then head up to the hall of heroes.

What?  I didn't cast an enchantment...  Oh, I guess I copy/pasted my spell from last time.  Derp.

I meant to summon a ring with the same effects.  I've sent you the intended words, but if that's not allowed just go with enchanting the dagger.

Anyways, Cast enchantment on my ring, or summon a new one if I enchanted the dagger.  Finally, will my zombie to become more accurate again.

Maybe eventually I'll make a giant zombie mech myself.  Piecewise, would I be able to make extra subsystems for a mech, like fire control for missiles, by using up extra minion slots?  I'm thinking something where I could enchant the main body with end/str, the arms with dex, legs with spd, ect.

(Yeah, you could do that, sure. I mean, you might have to juryrig it with tiny zombies at tiny zombie control panels. But yeah, it's all possible. It may require more then one person to control all those minions, but there you go. )
[will:6]
Zombie now hit better...BRAAAAINS!

[pot:5+1]
You make a ring made out of plant matter! Yay!

Oops. I hope this works.
Dorbaelo plu-shastaron the diamond encasing.
This turns it into blood right?
[[pot:4+1]
You turn your casing of diamond into blood which promptly splatters all over you and the ground.

"Well...I look like I ran through a hemophiliacs ward with a combine harvester. But at least I'm free."

If awake, punch phantomi
You wake up and immediately freak out, seeing as you're underwater. You swim up to the surface and look around. Huh...you seem to be back at the beach, or at least near it, a little way out in the water.

Something tells you that staying in the water like this may be a bad idea.

While standing next to my circle, I'll say "Shareeb Zzeralthonth Fushalieal", wanting to summon it into the circle. Then I'll say some more words.
[pot:6+1]
You summon a steel catfish statue that thuds down into the circle. Nothing happens.
[pot:6+1]
You fire a beam like spray of several glass whips that all hit an opposing wall and shatter. Huh.

(Give you a hint here. You used a large rune. Large runes modify the properties of circles. Remember what I asked you before)

"Hmm, guess there's some sort of fire wielder around these parts.  It's best I prepare myself."

I'll put on another layer or two of clothing around my torso using the clothing of the dead villagers in this area.
Then say "Gathel Donbel" and put on the result.

If there are on tracks leading away from the shattered cages try to follow them to find any survivors of the fiery assault.

If there are no tracks continue on to the outpost.

You put on a few extra layers of flammable clothing, for protection.
You summon a chestplate made of ice! You put it on.

"MY NIPPLES COULD CUT DIAMONDS RIGHT NOW!"

You follow the road till you reach the outer walls of the outpost.
The outpost itself looks to be square shaped, just four, 15 foot high stone walls joined by towers at the corners. You can't see anything beyond those walls, but the road leads through an open gate and into the front into the outpost proper. There look to be several more carts just sitting around abandoned just inside the gate, and a smaller, open door inside and to the left.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4497 on: April 26, 2013, 04:29:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: April 26, 2013, 04:30:51 pm »

FUCKING

Piecewise I meant Contar! Stop making words so similar! Can I get that instead?

In the meantime, Cast words for science!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 04:34:43 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: April 26, 2013, 04:35:54 pm »

"YAY IT DID SOMETHING"

Proceed to try next thing. Run up to nearest person and give them a hug before shouting "URISTRAT GARSTOPIT" in their faces.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 435