Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962082 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5985 on: June 22, 2013, 12:44:45 pm »

Note to self, if Jarvis dies go with Tower Shield Blastellian, laugh at everyone from behind unbreakable door shield. Surf down mountain.

But actually, all of those things are rather beatable. And would require you be in a covenant of Nulsheal instead of Scarlon to pull that sort of stuff off, you know that Scarlon is the mind control guy, right? Otherwise it would require a lot of preparation.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:46:26 pm by Xanmyral »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5986 on: June 22, 2013, 12:45:13 pm »

WTF. (We need delete post button. SO MUCH. Also why the hell didnt i edit this post now to make it say what the other post just said. Dear god im stupid...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:47:50 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5987 on: June 22, 2013, 12:47:19 pm »

Note to self, if Jarvis dies go with Tower Shield Blastellian, laugh at everyone from behind unbreakable door shield. Surf down mountain.

But actually, all of those things are rather beatable. And would require you be in a covenant of Nulsheal instead of Scarlon, you know that Scarlon is the mind control guy, right?
Scarlon is the mind control guy. And also the will one. He uses everything that doesnt mean directly killing a person. Wether that be mind control, will tricks, giving life to creatures for them to do instead of you.

Nul sheal is the god of elements. What he has to do with this? You can perfectly use Will to do what a nul sheal person can, even though to a lower degree of power, but you control a wider range of stuff. Control, that is the word.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:50:43 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5988 on: June 22, 2013, 12:48:43 pm »

Anyway, when the kind of high level characters you're describing fight, it doesn't come down to one god or one approach being better than the other, since those kind of stuff are preety balanced (except maybe the mutant god. Haven't seen much fun stuff from him, but that's probably because he has only one worshiper). It comes down to who has prepared the most, who's the smartest and who's the luckiest.

EDIT: And Xanmaryl is right, Scarlon's abilities are more focused in knowledge, mind control and evasion. Nul-shael is about taking a single element and mastering it, whether through minions, through weapons, armor, body modification, all of them at once, whatever you want.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:52:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: June 22, 2013, 12:50:47 pm »

Yeah, pretty much what Paris said.

There is another Will God though, Nulsheal, pretty good if you get a decent material. Get steel and you could actually do the sword rain thing. Really though, if you're smart you can work with any material, even cloth with the right kind of thinking.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: June 22, 2013, 12:52:14 pm »

((All it takes is one shit rolll...))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5991 on: June 22, 2013, 12:53:52 pm »

Anyway, when the kind of high level characters you're describing fight, it doesn't come down to one god or one approach being better than the other, since those kind of stuff are preety balanced (except maybe the mutant god. Haven't seen much fun stuff from him, but that's probably because he has only one worshiper). It comes down to who has prepared the most, who's the smartest and who's the luckiest.

And who has 12 creatures (+4 will) fighting for him.

For now im planning to go 12 Will, 9 Potency, 10 Channeling over time. (Never saw anyone with +4 on anything without material boosters, but saw +3 such as Null, so i dont know if theres a limit). Then use my will to modify my body in order to become a Demi-god thing.

And who needs Nulsheal? I know the control word, i can make items to have control over every single material in the game, which is my over time plan too.

((All it takes is one shit rolll...))

With a single +1 on will, it guarantees that you will never harm yourself due to that stat. The worst thing may happen is that nothing happens at all. With a 3, something happens but greatly lower power (Such as a sword... Perfectly fit for a ant size), in 4 it happens with not so bad power, 5-6 it happens pretty good, and 7+... It happens TO MUCH GOOD to be safe.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:55:50 pm by Sarzael »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5992 on: June 22, 2013, 12:55:21 pm »

There is another Will God though, Nulsheal, pretty good if you get a decent material. Get steel and you could actually do the sword rain thing. Really though, if you're smart you can work with any material, even cloth with the right kind of thinking.
It's kinda like superheroes. There are no shitty powers, only superheroes who don't know how to properly use theirs.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5993 on: June 22, 2013, 12:56:47 pm »

And how many control powers can those have? If i got 10 channeling, every control object can have hmm... 8 words of control. Which means i can have up to 16 words.
And considering the max souls is 40, with 10 Channeling, 12 Will and 9 Potency i would have... 31 Points. Not counting the starting ones. Thats 9 points more to put on channeling.

Counting Starting ones, i will have 19 Excess souls. Which means if i wanted i could have 29 Channeling (Unless theres a cap of some kind).

27 Words per item... 2 Items... 52 Words.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:02:09 pm by Sarzael »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: June 22, 2013, 01:07:06 pm »

Wait, theres a maximum limit on souls?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: June 22, 2013, 01:07:32 pm »

It's kinda like superheroes. There are no shitty powers, only superheroes who don't know how to properly use theirs.
Indeed, I recall some game talking about a superhero with complete control over blankets. He was one of the most feared superheroes in that universe because every bedroom has a blanket, which he could control, hear from, do whatever from any distance away. Strangles and suffocates guys in their sleep, able to know anything said or done in a bedroom if he wished.

If you got complete control of cloth, well, every wizard starts out with robes...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: June 22, 2013, 01:09:28 pm »

I think that it's 40 points for stat enhancement maximum, but you should still be able to collect them for money and stuff.

I am seriously starting to think that this inksea god isn't all that good. What's some examples of the high level benefits of following the Runic God?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5997 on: June 22, 2013, 01:11:06 pm »

@Sarzael: Yeah, but that leaves you with little awareness, dexterity, strength and speed, which means you're vulnerable to those kind of attacks. Which is fine if you have a team to back you up, only focusing on science and creating interesting objects and maybe acting as support or using spells of mass destruction, like I do, not so fine if you go solo.

@Zako: The ability to store completed circles and deploy them any time you want, instantly. THAT is fun. The Runic god seems to be more of a "Be prepared" kind of god, that favors summoning and thinking of fun ways you can use your powers to ambush and surprise people.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: June 22, 2013, 01:12:19 pm »

Nobody knows.

Then again, nobodies been experimenting with A list runes so far as I can tell so maybe halved rune cost is really good.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: June 22, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »

So Inksea god is Batman god, in other words. Always keep a rune in your utility belt.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 435