Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What to do about the fort

Stick with the current fort, let the vampire be our savior!
- 4 (100%)
Reclaim, Time to start with a fresh batch of dwarves!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: April 17, 2013, 09:47:35 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Mirroredfreezes (The Punishment): New Succession Game [Overseers Wanted!]  (Read 17114 times)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Ive been playing Dwarf Fortress for quite a while now, and i think that i should play my hand at a succession fort, but with a twist.

First, we are embarking on perhaps the most norther point i could find on the map (no aquifer on the embark site, but we got one under the ocean on about 1/4 of the map). Second, we have a good chunk of minerals, , but it looks like we are gonna have to deal with the freezing biome out top...

Oddly, the surroundings are Calm, not what i expected from a fort in the middle of nowhere.

We have No wood, no vegitation, and a frozen ocean (or at least REALLY COLD ocean).

So, if i can get a few initial people who want to be dwarfed with the professions that they want, ill go ahead and embark (if i dont get a list of 7 in the next 12-24 hours, ill go ahead and embark on my own).

Im also looking for overseers (you can specify next, or whatever turn you want (but if it comes to an empty slot and you are next in line, 2 years later, you are getting bumped up the queue))

OH, btw, im using the phobius tileset, but other than that, its vanilla DF 34.11

Generally, im against danger rooms, but other than that, its free game (We shouldnt need to use them.... although i did have a larger than usual number of beasts spawn at the start (I wonder how many are left  :) ))

Opening Story:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:13:35 am by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: Mirroredfreezes (The Punishment): New Succession Game [Overseers Wanted!]
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 04:58:13 am »

Reserved for Initial Embark, Successors list, and general highlights of the fort (notable quotes, ect)

Current State of the Fort:

We've Recovered from a near death experience, and actually have a recovering population.

Successors List:

1: Bp920091 (Complete) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, SAVE
2: Rendell (Complete) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, SAVE
3: Kalemyr Skyfire (Complete) 1,2,3,4,5, SAVE
4: laularukyrumo (Complete) 1,2,3,4,5,6,(Final Notes and Save)
5: Oranos (Alternate Timeline 1)
6: Glloyd (First Impressions), 1,2,3,Save
7: Kalemyr Skyfire turn II
8: Bp920091
9: Slash Harkiri
10: joeclark77
11: laularukyrumo
12: Javierpwn
13: Gilloyd turn II

Skipped for some reason or another:
Shali8 (Skipped due to time constraints)
Javierpwn (Skipped due to Computer Death)
MinethatCrackers (Skipped due to time constraints)
10terrapin01 (No Response)
chimpanzee (No Response)
UristtheGrey (No Response)
Flameboy99 (Internet Issues)

Current SAVE

Embark Dwarves List:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

List of People that need to be dwarfed:
1: Joe (or Jodie), Cook (as soon as we get another cook

Notable Journal Entries:

Shali8: Journal of Artimaus 1, 2, 3, 4
MinethatCrackers: Journal of MinethatCrackers 1,
Rendel: Journal of Rendel, 1
Oranos: Journal of Oranos, 1, 2
Glloyd: Journal of Glloyd, 1, 2

Notable Quotes:

You mean our sole survivor is a one legged vampire bleeding to death in the middle of a farm surrounded by vengeful ghosts?

Oh, and there's still a siege on.

...This is the stuff DF is made of.

Overseer Laularu Kyrumo, Administrative logs

We are riding for the battlefield in force tonight,
Fury of the darkest evil cry for war
Far beyond the boundaries of hell and starlight,
On the road to lands unknown forever more

Through the caverns far below our quest will lead us,
Onwards through the ice and snow forever more
Standing fighting full of hate the time has come now,
Stand and sound the guns of glory cry for war

Also, i thought about laying down some ground rules for the turns, based on what i see on the forums.

Basically, once it is your turn, you have three days to actually post an update (or say that you are gonna post one) and then you get four days between updates, with a maximum timeframe of two weeks. (Basically, 3 days to start, 4 days between updates, and 14 days overall)

If you cant take your spot as overseer for whatever reason, you can either be bumped one position back (ie, to third if you were second), or to the last available slot (default to the back, but you can say if you would like to be pushed back just one turn).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:35:34 pm by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:46:13 am »

I would like to apply for a position of overseer, as well as being dwarfed, any profession is all right with me ;D

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 09:20:39 am »

I would like a turn. If that is alright I would also like a dwarfing. I prefer to be a miner named Artimaus. 
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 09:24:51 am »

I would like a turn. If you can, please dwarf me as a miner named Feylers.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 09:53:24 am »

Would like a turn
Dwarf me a hunter named Javier

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 03:52:40 pm »

I would like to apply for a position of overseer, as well as being dwarfed, any profession is all right with me ;D.

You will be added to the overseers list (2), and dwarfed into whatever we need for embark  :)

I would like a turn. If that is alright I would also like a dwarfing. I prefer to be a miner named Artimaus. 

You are also added to the overseers list (3), and a proficient miner is named after you.

I would like a turn. If you can, please dwarf me as a miner named Feylers.

You get added to the overseers list (4), also as a proficient miner

Would like a turn
Dwarf me a hunter named Javier

You get added as fifth overseer, with a hunter (im thinking lvl4 hunter, lvl3 marksdwarf, and lvl3 archery)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 05:16:52 pm »

I feel like we're all fucked if SOMEONE doesn't bring literally 50 logs with them. And ideally a bunch of either Lignite or Bituminous Coal (B-coal is better), cause while I don't think DFhack counts it as an "ore", I didn't see any on that prospect, and with no above-ground wood, we're gonna have quite a task.

That being said, sign me up for a turn on this trainwreck. I'd like a dorfing too, preferably L5 grower, no other labors enabled. (Trust me. We're gonna need plants. Lots of them.)
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 06:57:47 pm »

I feel like we're all fucked if SOMEONE doesn't bring literally 50 logs with them. And ideally a bunch of either Lignite or Bituminous Coal (B-coal is better), cause while I don't think DFhack counts it as an "ore", I didn't see any on that prospect, and with no above-ground wood, we're gonna have quite a task.

That being said, sign me up for a turn on this trainwreck. I'd like a dorfing too, preferably L5 grower, no other labors enabled. (Trust me. We're gonna need plants. Lots of them.)

You have been added, and oh yeah, im most definitely gonna bring as much wood as i possibly can (its not like we are gonna need many axes for awhile (one should be plenty))

We do have about 3k of B-Coal and 6k of Lignite, so its not a HUGE problem, but i can see where you are coming from.

One more initial dwarfing and im gonna start.

Additionally, i propose that we shouldnt use DFHack for really anything (i personally just use it for initial ore prospecting and occasional blood cleanup (when it REALLY affects FPS)). Dwarf Therapist is fine, as managing hundreds of dwarves by hand takes a long time (A REALLY LONG TIME), but none of it's "Dirty Cheating" settings, like assigning labors to children/babies, or using it to instantly see vampires.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:02:35 pm by bp920091 »

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »

I'll take the last embark dorf and the 7th turn. (If I got ninja'd on this I will die)\

EDIT: Also, the labors don't matter. As long as I'm not a hauler, I'm fine.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 08:35:59 pm »

I'll take the last embark dorf and the 7th turn. (If I got ninja'd on this I will die)
lol No worries on the ninja.
Lucky break.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 08:40:22 pm »

I'll take the last embark dorf and the 7th turn. (If I got ninja'd on this I will die)\

You have been added to the list, as well as given a woodcutter/Grower profession (we need someone at least at lvl 1 in woodcutting, at least when we breach the cavern level and create a tree farm), Ill go ahead and start ASAP, expect an update later tonight.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 08:43:37 pm »

You have been added to the list, as well as given a woodcutter/Grower profession (we need someone at least at lvl 1 in woodcutting, at least when we breach the cavern level and create a tree farm), Ill go ahead and start ASAP, expect an update later tonight.
Wow that was fast. I posted that about 10 min ago!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 08:57:34 pm »

Sign me up. It will be nice to see a succession fort that isn't some insane clusterfuck. And maybe I'll be able to turn it into one.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 09:10:10 pm »

Sign me up. It will be nice to see a succession fort that isn't some insane clusterfuck. And maybe I'll be able to turn it into one.

Lol, I picked it because it was the only fort with >10 players already in the queue. I wanted to actually get a chance to play.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21