Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103367 times)

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.1
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2013, 05:03:27 pm »

-snip-

You might notice that they're both the same...

They aren't. The set of instructions on github aren't pertinent to the version bundled with DFHack, as said version doesn't work at all with a non-boiling stone and the github thing indicates that this shouldn't be so. It looks like it works properly with the the commands expwnent posted on the forums. With that out of the way, I'll have the new version up by the time I'm less sleep deprived and can check for any especially glaring errors in the new stuff.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.2
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2013, 10:35:17 am »

The new version is up! It now includes the Windows version of DFHack - if you use Linux then you should already know how to change it and if you use OSX you are dead to me. Please play it and tell me your thoughts, and keep an eye out for bugs (and I don't mean the bloodflies.) Check the OP for information on the new House system.

PS: I think I forgot to remove autocannons from the Cawdors. Please don't make any autocannons when you're playing as them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:39:09 am by Suds Zimmerman »

chalicier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2013, 10:59:41 am »

Dammit, Suds, I'd just gotten a good embark going with 1.5.1! Stop being so damn productive and shaming the rest of us!  :P ;D Awesome work, I look forward to letting out my inner Van Saar.

Actually, now I think about Van Saars, it kinda makes me want to make a bunch of House-specific clothing/armour options. Big Leather Trenches for Delaques, jeans and bandannas for Orlocks, skinsuits for Van Saars. Might give that a go later.

chalicier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2013, 11:01:04 am »

Also if I have time in the next few days I may put together a Let's Play. I've been promising another forum that I'd do a Underhive Settlement LP (there's a small DF fanbase on there) and with all the new features and fixed industry it seems a perfect time, and I don't see much reason not to cross-post it on B12.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2013, 11:41:21 am »

Dammit, Suds, I'd just gotten a good embark going with 1.5.1! Stop being so damn productive and shaming the rest of us!  :P ;D Awesome work, I look forward to letting out my inner Van Saar.

Actually, now I think about Van Saars, it kinda makes me want to make a bunch of House-specific clothing/armour options. Big Leather Trenches for Delaques, jeans and bandannas for Orlocks, skinsuits for Van Saars. Might give that a go later.

Way ahead of you. Although I named the skinsuits coveralls because the name escaped me at the time. I thought perhaps bodysuit but apparently that's some sort of feminine garment. I'll change it in the next release. At least it's an easy thing to do.

Also if I have time in the next few days I may put together a Let's Play. I've been promising another forum that I'd do a Underhive Settlement LP (there's a small DF fanbase on there) and with all the new features and fixed industry it seems a perfect time, and I don't see much reason not to cross-post it on B12.

That'd be great. I really look forward to seeing it, but I'm not 100$ certain that everything is functional. I don't exactly have a QA department over here. Still, nothing makes me feel more validated than seeing people actually play this thing.

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »

In the mean time we can pop in the raws and change the name ourselves. Luckily I didn't get too far into my 1.5.1 embark since I forgot to turn off bins in my tool storage room and ended up getting all of my bottles and toolkits stuck. Such is life, but at least I didn't have a thriving settlement to throw away. Cheers.

Also I've found that genning a world with a metric boat-load of caves tends to give me many more fun and diverse gameplay experiences, and a site with a cave almost guarantees something decent to dig in to for shelter.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:56:23 pm by TastyMints »

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2013, 01:58:36 pm »

In the mean time we can pop in the raws and change the name ourselves. Luckily I didn't get too far into my 1.5.1 embark since I forgot to turn off bins in my tool storage room and ended up getting all of my bottles and toolkits stuck. Such is life, but at least I didn't have a thriving settlement to throw away. Cheers.

Also I've found that genning a world with a metric boat-load of caves tends to give me many more fun and diverse gameplay experiences, and a site with a cave almost guarantees something decent to dig in to for shelter.
The cave thing is not only interesting but also fits incredibly well with the theme. What's a good number for caves? I haven't changed the worldgen at all from the original UH settlement. Get back to me and I'll put it in the next release.

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2013, 03:21:39 pm »

The cave thing is not only interesting but also fits incredibly well with the theme. What's a good number for caves? I haven't changed the worldgen at all from the original UH settlement. Get back to me and I'll put it in the next release.

Oh you can put a lot of caves in. I originally just threw out a number somewhat above 500, because that's how many Semi-Megabeast Caves the Underhive worldgen profile has, and amusingly it worked. I've since genned worlds with upwards of 800 caves of various sizes and haven't run into any problems with it. It seems that perhaps the game worlds were meant to have lots of caves and the worldgen parameters were intentionally low, because it adds them relatively quickly and efficiently.

Many caves can reach all the way to the first cavern layer. Beware Plague Zombies.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:23:13 pm by TastyMints »

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.3
« Reply #203 on: August 05, 2013, 03:43:41 pm »

New update - not a big one, fixed some bugs with the new Houses and changed the worldgen parameters for MORE CAVES. Everything will still work perfectly fine if you don't gen a new world, except you'll be able to get some extra stuff as Van Saar, Escher and Cawdor and none of your people will have beards. Also, pit slave Sorcerors of Nurgle might accidentally murder themselves with their own plague winds. But hey, that's hardly even a bad thing.  Also fixed numerous errors with the graphics. Drop the raws in your save folder to apply the update without re-genning.

New in this update, chaos cults will continue expanding at a slower rate even if the head cultist is killed. Beware the heretic.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.5.4
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

New in this update: I've greatly expanded the cult stuff. Now, instead of just multiplying slowly and draining hivers of blood for their rituals, when you reach a critical mass of high-ranking cultists (specifically, 8 - no points to guessing as to the significance of that number), fun stuff will happen. There will be signs when a cult is progressing in its schemes, so keep an eye out. Please notify me if anything funny/absolutely game-breaking happens with this. I've been having a difficult time getting immigrant cultists so I haven't tested it in Fortress Mode, but everything should work fine.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2013, 05:20:45 pm »

Now that I've gotten pretty much everything I wanted include into the mod (at least, everything that is possible with the current version of DF) and I've gone and jumped in bed with DFHack, I've been thinking of trying to implement a different method of powering workshops (specifically: chemistry and smelting/machining) via DFHack, rather than just consuming coke/coal or taking a fuel rod. Instead of that, what I'm thinking is that the powered workshops will be powered with the same method as screw pumps and mills (though requiring a significantly higher input.) Plasma lathes will be phased out and regular lathes will require no fuel, only power. If I embark on this course of action, I'll also add three new power-generating buildings based on DFHack's steam engine that provide large amounts of power sufficient to meet the needs of workshops. One will take fuel, the other will have to be built on an undigabble stone type called "geothermal vent" and the third will take a fuel rod and periodically generate clouds of deadly radiation. That's all assuming modifying stuff from DFHack is kosher. And, whilst I know that it's possible to dynamically remove reactions from workshops whilst in-game using DFHack, I'm uncertain whether the reverse is possible, and this would be pretty important to achieving powered workshops.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

EDIT: then again, I realized while I was soaking in the bath, it isn't possible to remove reactions from just one workshop, is it? That sort of puts a damper on this plan.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:01:41 pm by Suds Zimmerman »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2013, 01:25:36 am »

If you can write your own lua scripts, then this is possible, but not included in the normal dfhack. I'd love workshops that need power, or water, or only outside/inside, but these scripts dont quite exist yet.

Its also nice to see that this mod is back in developement. :)

There is a lot you can do with autosyndrome though, have dwarves running dfhack by using reactions. You can do all kinds of things. :) My embassy uses this extensively to summon sieges, migrants, caravans and diplomats for example, or hire guards from caravans. Or weather control buildings, or regrow'/regrass, unlocking magma-workshops when you spawn artificial magma.

Other nice additions are growthbugfix (fixes the bodysize-bug of fortress-born creatures), autocorrecthandedness that allows custom gloves to get a left/right, and more. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2013, 03:07:29 am »

On the subject of powered workshops and power generators: I thought about the concept for a while and can't really say that I have any legitimate reason to dislike the idea of various forms of generators and power using workshops. If it's unique, doable, and you have the drive to do it, then do it. It can only contribute to the mod and even if you decide to take it out later I'm sure other modders would be more than happy to use your script for various projects of their own.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2013, 05:41:40 am »

If you can write your own lua scripts, then this is possible, but not included in the normal dfhack. I'd love workshops that need power, or water, or only outside/inside, but these scripts dont quite exist yet.

Its also nice to see that this mod is back in developement. :)

There is a lot you can do with autosyndrome though, have dwarves running dfhack by using reactions. You can do all kinds of things. :) My embassy uses this extensively to summon sieges, migrants, caravans and diplomats for example, or hire guards from caravans. Or weather control buildings, or regrow'/regrass, unlocking magma-workshops when you spawn artificial magma.

Other nice additions are growthbugfix (fixes the bodysize-bug of fortress-born creatures), autocorrecthandedness that allows custom gloves to get a left/right, and more. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I already added the handedness fix because, with the vanilla forge removed, it was either that or no gloves at all ever. I wasn't aware of the bodysize bug, though. Is it severe?

On the subject of powered workshops and power generators: I thought about the concept for a while and can't really say that I have any legitimate reason to dislike the idea of various forms of generators and power using workshops. If it's unique, doable, and you have the drive to do it, then do it. It can only contribute to the mod and even if you decide to take it out later I'm sure other modders would be more than happy to use your script for various projects of their own.

The whole thing hinges on whether DFHack can remove/add reactions at the individual level or spawn/despawn workshops. I'd love to have someone with experience weigh in on this, but I'll give it a go, regardless. No telling how that might go, though, especially if I can't finish it up before school starts again.

chalicier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2013, 10:56:41 am »

Oh, man, I hadn't really looked at DFHack.

Now I can't stop imagining what kind of Tyranid horrors I could make with this thing. Weather control from Capillary Towers? Poisonous toxin spatters. Icky projectile miasmas.

Back in the Underhive, I wonder if we could use itemsyndrome to add "NOBREATHE" to creatures wearing breather masks, thus making them useful against dust clouds?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33