Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103409 times)

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1
« Reply #375 on: August 11, 2014, 01:25:53 am »

I might get around to porting it, but between exams and the heat I wouldn't count on it happening very soon. I haven't really checked out the new version either, for much the same reasons. The new combat/speed improvements don't apply to ranged weapons, do they? That might put a damper on things, given the central role that guns play in the mod.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2014, 01:42:21 am »

There is a tag that affects ranged weapons but it's the same as nearly every other weapon ([ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3].) May actually let firearms fire faster which would be awesome but necessitate larger ammo stacks, but I'm assuming it only affects melee combat and rate of fire is largely unchanged.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2014, 02:29:48 am »

Oh yeah, this is my favourite mod and I hope it returns to .40!

In 0.40.04 at least(the one version I found time to check out) the fire rate of ranged weapons seemed vastly increased compared to earlier versinons. I do not know if that was hard-coded, depends on skill or is moddable though!

All hail the Imperator etc. etc.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2014, 05:00:54 am »

Those values influence melee attacks only. I think ranged shooting is still pretty shit (no aiming, speed depends on the skill only).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2014, 05:52:56 am »

Those values influence melee attacks only. I think ranged shooting is still pretty shit (no aiming, speed depends on the skill only).

Agility and encumberance are a factor too (since agility affected speed before, I assume it still does; a guy weighed down with lots of heavy armor with poor agility shoots slower than one without in my experiences. I'm probably wrong though.) It's less of an issue in this mod though since chances are 90% of your  autogunners won't have much in the way of armor period due to lack of resources or thematic reasons and the bullets not seeming to weigh nearly as much as metal bolts do.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 11, 2014, 07:37:38 am »

Yep, I tried to simulate slow firing powerful rifles by making them extremely heavy, but it's clearly not the best solution.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2014, 05:58:27 am »

So, firstly, this is an excellent, excellent mod, cheers to everyone for making it. Just got my first pit slave siege, and, well, let's just say that bundling 100-odd civs into the panic room certainly flushed out the suspicious character I'd been wondering about. And also some entirely unrelated ones.

Basically, there are heretics and daemons running amok in my constantly-short-of-something sinkhole, dead pit slaves and guilders all over the porch, and my yard boss (foreman) is now known as "the Glowing Serpent of Bullets". It feels so perfectly DF and perfectly Necromunda, and I salute you (and also Toady. Carp for the carp god, etc). 

I have one question: it seems like once you fire shotshells/stubs etc, they turn into (lead bullets) which don't seem to be able to be refired - which totally makes sense, but they still show up as ammo so I'm not sure whether to just melt them down.

Also, I think something might be wrong with the bottle-making RAWs - I had raw green glass & the various other reagents, but the kiln wouldn't work until I took "rough" out of the RAW (now it seems to accept any glass item though, which feels a bit cheaty).

Anyway - keep up the good work, this mod should get more love I reckon.

Edit: also, I haven't had any "liaison from the outpost" meetings since the first year; I remember this occasionally cropping up in vanilla DF, but does anyone have any explanations/workarounds? It's getting kind of annoying having the caravan turn up with six thousand barrels of leather when I really need a lathe, etc
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:17:48 am by Jdorf »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 06, 2014, 07:27:52 am »

Can't rightly help you there, and I just wanna say you are having an amazing mess with that (now presumed dead,) settlement. For srs.

I'm also a little anxious to see how this might play out in the new version if it gets updated.

Jdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 06, 2014, 10:33:06 am »

I just wanna say you are having an amazing mess with that (now presumed dead,) settlement. For srs.

It was beautiful carnage. However, you presumed without the Serpent of Bullets, my friend. She and that combat shotgun are a hell of a thing (honestly, if she runs out of ammo she just starts lopping limbs with the bayonet; even when she just had a stub pistol she kept killing stuff by pistol-whipping it to death), and she pulped the cult leader's head with one swing of a hammer she borrowed specifically for the execution. I think he must have murdered one of her friends or something, cause she's not the sheriff and she didn't give two farts about the chained-up vampire. Also, selling all the stuff the pit slaves conveniently brought meant we could buy even more ammo.

And eh, the liaison thing's not too bad; my major problem at the moment is trying to figure out how to make my miners wear respirators /and/ carry rockdrills (assigning uniforms doesn't seem to work all that well with them, for some reason). Also the constant, nagging fear that this is going far too well and I'm about to get a whole burst of fun.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 06, 2014, 10:41:00 am »

It's a known bug regarding uniforms. Dig around toxic rubble/polluted halite. Stick to assigning respirators to rockbreakers if you need the people. If the miners are friendless/not super vital at the moment, just dig on and to hell with them. Some slightly rotted lungs won't slow them down until it kills/hospitalizes them.

Jdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 06, 2014, 11:31:20 am »

It's a known bug regarding uniforms

Hell, the last version of DF I played, my dorfs wouldn't even fire their crossbows, I'm just happy that (most) of the military actually seem to pick up weapons and armour most of the time. Pretty sure I can do some trickery with burrows etc to make sure the legendary miners don't go near the stuff anyway. And yeah, I think most of my (surviving) starting seven have got slightly rotted lungs; I'm kinda hoping it's one of those things where it's cumulative exposure that really does the damage, rather than a forgotten beast-style disease where "one exposure = fortress death".

Jdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 11, 2014, 07:26:15 pm »

OK, new question (if anyone's still out there): I've been messing around with the Ratskins, and I didn't add most of the high-tech (ie gun assembles, lathes etc) buildings or reaction permissions to their entity list; but allowed them to use guns. The bowyer's workshop now produces bone and wood shotguns, autopistols etc - but, curiously, not ferrum crossbows or crossbow pistols.

I can stick the (horribly bodged and messy) raws up if it'd be helpful, but anyone got an initial clue or workaround to stop this happening, off the top of their head? I'll owe you an internet pint.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 11, 2014, 07:40:30 pm »

The ratskins aren't meant to be playable, and the issue with the guns being producable in the bowyer is the result of them being weapons that use the bow and crossbow skill, necessitating they be produced by custom reaction only or purchased to avoid what is equal parts bug and exploit. Same goes for ammo I think.

Jdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 11, 2014, 08:45:13 pm »

Aha, thanks for the info. I figured it was the guns being identified as bows & crossbows that did it; can't work out which of the custom reactions/buildings I've switched off that would have caused them to revert to the bowyer. Or, to put it another way, what's the reaction that normally prevents guns from showing up at the bowyer's?

(could I create a custom workshop and switch the crossbow reaction over to that? Or will that just bring all the guns along with it as well?)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #389 on: September 11, 2014, 08:57:13 pm »

Its because they are a PERMITTED ranged weapon in the entity file, it automatically adds them to the bowyer. No reactions needed. You can make a custom workshops for them, but the AI wouldnt use them in sieges anymore.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33