Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

To read or not to read, is that the question?

Yes
No
I'm just here to see what the whole deal is about
Ahh, the good old times

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 121

Author Topic: Necrothreat II - A Fort Cursed by the Gods!  (Read 452605 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat II - Teh LOLmod Succession Fort
« Reply #585 on: September 18, 2013, 11:08:21 am »

That was fabulous, Highmax, I'll add it to the OP immediately. With this, DwArfY1's turn is over and we can finally move onto Elephant Parade. Are you ready to take the mantle of leadership, Elephant Parade?

I also support any discussions one might have to the mental battle for I think it was excellent, all things considered. It was confusing indeed and I liked that.

EDIT: I do, however, believe that there was just a bit too much pain in that and not enough doubt. As well as a distinct lack of detail and a bit too much using of the same words. Other than that, it was excellent in every way! Good job, Highmax!

I was hinting at the pain that you go through as you go through necromancy, mostly mental from how I pictured it
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 18, 2013, 12:12:29 pm »

That was fabulous, Highmax, I'll add it to the OP immediately. With this, DwArfY1's turn is over and we can finally move onto Elephant Parade. Are you ready to take the mantle of leadership, Elephant Parade?

I also support any discussions one might have to the mental battle for I think it was excellent, all things considered. It was confusing indeed and I liked that.

EDIT: I do, however, believe that there was just a bit too much pain in that and not enough doubt. As well as a distinct lack of detail and a bit too much using of the same words. Other than that, it was excellent in every way! Good job, Highmax!

I was hinting at the pain that you go through as you go through necromancy, mostly mental from how I pictured it

Yeah but the thing is, what you did is that you added more quantity of pain. I believe it would've been better if you added more of an effect and power to the pain moments using other words in order to express the pain in the deepest sense. If you do it too much, the effect is lost and is seen as something general and could actually backfire. Do you understand? So effect of a single moment of pain is stronger than reciting that pain 5 times the same way.

Other than that, I do understand you. Necromancy is bound to be hell. You just gotta put more emphasis on it during one specific moment and focus on the other things, keeping the pain in the background after the initial pain sequence.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 18, 2013, 12:58:25 pm »

I'll keep that in mind for next time. Now wheres that update? ???

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 18, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »

I've contacted Elephant Parade. All we're waiting for is his reply.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 18, 2013, 07:06:03 pm »

Sure. I have one week in real-time and one year in game-time, correct?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 18, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »

Pretty sure that's the rules. Good luck! And don't forget to refourmite me after the best swordsman succeeds in killing my zombie self :P and apiks thinks im a madman 8)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 18, 2013, 08:32:16 pm »

Pretty sure that's the rules. Good luck! And don't forget to refourmite me after the best swordsman succeeds in killing my zombie self :P and apiks thinks im a madman 8)

This will be my first succession game. It should be fun.

[Edit]Ugh. I don't have a rar-opening program on this computer yet.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:33:48 pm by Elephant Parade »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 18, 2013, 09:02:33 pm »

1: Get winRAR trial

2: Ignore it's nagging you to buy it

3: Fun and profit

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 18, 2013, 09:05:59 pm »

Ah, WinRAR.

Edit: Anybody know how to printscreen? Snipping Tool sucks, so I'd rather not use it.

AGH I JUST DELETED MY MAIN STUFF FOLDER WITH WINRAR IT'S NOT IN RECYCLE BIN HELP

Edit: Wait, it is in the bin. That was terrifying.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:13:05 pm by Elephant Parade »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 18, 2013, 09:43:12 pm »

Ah, WinRAR.

Edit: Anybody know how to printscreen? Snipping Tool sucks, so I'd rather not use it.

AGH I JUST DELETED MY MAIN STUFF FOLDER WITH WINRAR IT'S NOT IN RECYCLE BIN HELP

Edit: Wait, it is in the bin. That was terrifying.

Issues galore! And there should be a key that does it on your keyboard. Then open paint or photoshop and plop it in there with the paste command (ctrl+p). I use photobucket to upload my photos so I can use img codes from it, but you can do whatever you want, as long as it works :P

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 18, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »

If I use vanilla dwarf fortress, with just the save modified, will there be any issues?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 18, 2013, 09:50:56 pm »

If I use vanilla dwarf fortress, with just the save modified, will there be any issues?

Nope, I used it on mine. The SAVE is modded, not DF itself (which is a huge relief since I now have a paralyzing fear of haxxors now)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 18, 2013, 09:56:25 pm »

Time to start!

Edit: Off-topic; thoughts of using the Snipping Tool (though I am now aware of printscreen) have reminded me how thankful I am of how Windows 8 doesn't have the annoying circular Start button that cuts into things a tiny bit. That drove me nuts.

Edit: I...what? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PLACE?
Let slip the lolcats of war!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:02:47 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 18, 2013, 10:04:12 pm »

Double-posting so people respond.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what to do here. There should be a channel in front of the bridge to defend against building destroyers, but I'm just going to see what we have little of.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 18, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »

Double-posting so people respond.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what to do here. There should be a channel in front of the bridge to defend against building destroyers, but I'm just going to see what we have little of.

I don't know specifically what dwarfy said we had to do, but our population DOES drop and rise suddenly, so perhaps saferooms and danger rooms would help? Just a thought...

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 121