Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265481 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: Are you a bad enough treasure hunter to rescue the loot?
« Reply #2310 on: August 23, 2013, 10:01:07 pm »

@GWG: That's a lot of random people. If CZA sees any of them, he's going to kick them in the face and run away. To stay in character, you know.
Which lot of random people, and also huh?

You named a bunch of literary characters, a.k.a. random folk. I checked out that Worm story, and it looked like she was in high school and bullied but she found her true self and become prom queen et etc.

For my latter point, I just want to note that CZA will kick any literary figure he encounters in the face. This stems from his background when he was a child; he was playing with his favorite action figure when every literary character in existence snatched the action figure from him and pile-drived it. By the time they gave it back to CZA, the legs were broken, thus scarring him for life.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: August 23, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »

@GWG: That's a lot of random people. If CZA sees any of them, he's going to kick them in the face and run away. To stay in character, you know.
Which lot of random people, and also huh?
You named a bunch of literary characters, a.k.a. random folk. I checked out that Worm story, and it looked like she was in high school and bullied but she found her true self and become prom queen et etc.
Ha.
Hahaha.
AHAHAHAHA.
You did not read very carefully. Um, what would you say if I said that Taylor blinded someone with maggots later in the story?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: August 23, 2013, 10:08:02 pm »

I didn't want to read; I skipped ahead a few chapters and there were insects and stuff. Gross. I decided to only keep the first chapter as canon. Bugs are gross. Puppies are better.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: August 23, 2013, 10:08:46 pm »

So, wait.

Did you actually read those chapters or just go "Bugs, ew, gross"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: August 23, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »

So, wait.

Did you actually read those chapters or just go "Bugs, ew, gross"?

Since it was chapter 70 or so, I just skimmed it. Reading takes a lot of time man.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: August 23, 2013, 10:19:41 pm »

Firstly: Chapter 70? Alright, you're definitely counting chapters and not arcs. That makes things less intuitive.

Secondly: How did you come to your original conclusion if you skimmed that far in?
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: August 23, 2013, 11:13:20 pm »

Firstly: Chapter 70? Alright, you're definitely counting chapters and not arcs. That makes things less intuitive.

Secondly: How did you come to your original conclusion if you skimmed that far in?

I don't like bugs, specially not maggots and wormy things. No story written has ever been good enough to outweigh buggy bugs.

My original conclusion is the one I know is wrong, but is superior for myself in accordance with my own preferences. Replace bugs with High School Musical, instant success.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: August 23, 2013, 11:16:41 pm »

Well, if you don't like bugs, Worm is not your story.

You should have mentioned that up front instead of stating that you honestly believed the story would end up...well, just about 180 degrees from what actually happened.
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: August 23, 2013, 11:23:15 pm »

Well, if you don't like bugs, Worm is not your story.

You should have mentioned that up front instead of stating that you honestly believed the story would end up...well, just about 180 degrees from what actually happened.

Oh, I knew it was going to go diverge into wild sci-fi at some point, but as a great philosopher once stated, "The mind of the individual human provides a more compelling perspective than the rest of the external universe."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: August 23, 2013, 11:24:57 pm »

And that's what Worm is: The perspective of one, individual human.
With superpowers that let her see from the perspective of all the bugs in the area.
Except for the interludes, which show the perspective of different individuals.
Sig

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: August 23, 2013, 11:28:06 pm »

Derail much?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: August 23, 2013, 11:28:28 pm »

With superpowers that let her see from the perspective of all the bugs in the area.

Why's it always have to be bugs? You know what it's like? Imagine one of the worst things that scares and/or creeps you out. And then have a whole story with that thing as a central plot construct. Yeah.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: August 23, 2013, 11:36:56 pm »

Derail much?
Yup.

Why's it always have to be bugs? You know what it's like? Imagine one of the worst things that scares and/or creeps you out. And then have a whole story with that thing as a central plot construct. Yeah.
Hey, I get it, I get it.
What I don't get is the relevance of some of your other points.
Sig

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: August 27, 2013, 06:26:28 pm »

((Would like to inform everyone LD is very not dead, I'm just being lazy. Working on turn now.))
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 159