Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 264812 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! BACK IN ACTION!
« Reply #1455 on: April 05, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »

"Trust me you don't wanna team up with this guy. He's annoying and expects everyone to bow before him or die. Really the only thing keeping me on his team is to increase my chances of living and the only thing probably keeping him from killing me is he wants that lovely golden girl on his side, which she serves under me. Trsut me you wanna team up with me who'll love ya, be psycho with ya, and you get two people to order around! With him, he'll order you around like a king and he's annoying. Did I mention he's annoying?"
"Why are you blaming me for expecting people to respect my rule like they're supposed to? It's not my fault most of them need to be threatened with death to see the truth." He once again looks to the spear lady. "Although his annoying blathering has made me think and realize that you are a very competent warrior. If you can be trusted to follow my command, you would rightly deserve to be my third in command."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 06, 2013, 12:21:08 am »

Yukkuri: HEEEEEYYYY, where's MY turn?
GM: You don't get any turn because you're mean!
Yukkuri: I WANT TURN SLAPSLAPSLAP SLAPSLAP
I forgot it because I was sleepy :(
I'll just do a mini-update for you...

Eh........ GYHAAAAAAAAAAA Yukkuri states as she pulls a glass shard out of her face, examining her reflection.
My reflection is HIDEOUS
With a rather grumpy appearance on her face, Yukkuri places the glass shard back into the section it was on her face.
Putting on a very peculiar smirk, quite identical to the one on my user portrait, Yukkuri presses the buttons on the machine very much hoping to find the makeup button.
(Yukkuri aff: 3+6+9)
(Yukkuri bad: 6+4)

You randomly mash buttons on the machine, and your entire body is replaced with a mass of raw muscle. Fortunately, all of your organs still work, and you seem to be much stronger than before, but a little less coordinated. Stalker squints at you and rubs his eyes. "Man, I must be having some sort of heatstroke from waiting around in that hole all day... It looks like you messed up your entire body with some sort of foul magic... Wait a sec! You really did mess up your entire body with foul magic, didn't you? Oh well, it's better than nothing... now help me drag this unconscious bastard back to town, and I can see about getting you back to normal."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 06, 2013, 12:29:44 am »

Well... Fuck.
Not the makeup button, but at least now I have enough muscles that I can actually punch people! YAY! ...Is my voice deeper? UNACCEPTABLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Press more buttons until Yukkuri isn't ugly and muscular anymore. Unless something goes wrong. Which it most certainly will. Also start dancing.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 06, 2013, 03:03:30 pm »

Not really having anything to do, Algem will stand around and just observe whatever's going on nearby.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Falcon Punch!
« Reply #1459 on: April 08, 2013, 12:05:57 am »

"Let go."

Advance carefully.
Yukkuri: HEEEEEYYYY, where's MY turn?
GM: You don't get any turn because you're mean!
Yukkuri: I WANT TURN SLAPSLAPSLAP SLAPSLAP
*slaps thrice in response*

-----

"That's a plan. Does the sword fit?"

Head inside. If the sword doesn't fit, leave it outside and lend the lady my butter knife.

The two of you head into the burrow, the sword just barely fitting through the narrow entrance tunnel. You follow the smell of food, and after a while the straight tunnel gives way to a horrible sight. There's food all right, but you hardly notice it as you observe the grim monument standing in the center of the massive open chamber that you are now in. A gargantuan spike of ice juts from the floor like a stalagmite, with countless bodies impaled on several large barbs sticking out of it at odd angles. As you shiver both from horror and the cold, you notice a tunnel leading deeper into the ground, with several 'footprints' made of frost leading into it.

RAGESON KILL ANYONE WHO ATTACK RAGESON USING POWER OF STONE
This is more exciting than I ever thought! I almost got killed there!
VG giggles maniacally.
I should be scared right now, but I feel so good!
She struggles to regain control of the plane after her shaking hands cause her to stall.
Whoopee! This is so fun! Yes, definitely so fun...!

But now... The bully must pay! No one can bully me, not anymore!

UNLEASH MORE DAKKA INTO RAGESON
Send the beetle after RAEGSON, and proceed to kick in in the balls, while I'm at it!
(Rageson dex: 2)
(Genius dex: 6+6)
(Alena dex: 1-2)

(Genius dex: 4+6)
(Rageson dex: 2)
(Rageson end: 1)

As Rageson prepares to let loose with another magical volley, Genius performs a backwards loop on order to fire at him again. Rageson is distraced for a brief moment by this maneuver, and that moment is all that Genius needs to turn him into Swiss-cheese with a barrage of icicles from her gun.

RAGESON IS DEAD!
(Genius luk: 4+6)

As Rageson's body collapses to the ground, a gigantic pair of scissors appears in Genius' lap. They seem to be alive, and constantly make mewing noises, as if hungry. But what on earth would you even feed a pair of scissors?

((Yay the game is back in action! Been waiting for this!))

"See? If you just let me be your underling these harder to kill then normal guys willl be less harder to kill! This cute girl here that's getting ready to melt off your leg? She comes with me! So you get two underlings for the price of one! Great deal right? Seriously though I can tell your my kind of woman, I don't wanna waste such a person as you!" Evil Lucky, seeing how he convinced her not to kill him, takes the opportunity to keeping selling himself to her. While he's saying that he let's Aurwyn continue her thing, while testing out his new hat.

Test out my hat while Aurwyn grabs and clings to Ms. Mental while excreting tons of acid onto her. If I convince her to be her newest murderous underling, instead help her out by having Aurwyn melt off Osborn's armor and possibly him, while I attempt another timestop this time on Zardak. If timestop works, steal his spear go stab happy with it on him while laughing manically.

Unless she obviously let's me team up with her, keep on having Aurwyn attack her. Also my hat testing takes priority over everything. I really wanna see what that does.

((I'm changing my if I team up action to switching targets... I forgot that with my almost all negative stats, his book would probably summon a meteor under me instead of Osborn. I also wanna convince her to attack osborn if she teams up with me by telling her that the mountain that used to be nearby got exploded because of him. Though that would be meta since my character doesn't even know osborns power... nobody does except him and the other survivor that i think is dead already.))
"Hahaha I like this music! And no, that was not my "worst", though at this time I'm not sure what my worst is! Lets see if we can find out!"

Cast 4th spell on crazy girl. If it fails to kill her, punch her to death with my flame armor.

((Also, to Kadzar, I'm not sure if this armor should be handled by anyone with below +6 endurance, because it's trying to kill me right now (I think). Even if I rolled a 1,  though, I wouldn't be harmed by it, but you would probably die within seconds as a total of 8 on a end roll still burnt me slightly.))
((Yay the game is back in action! Been waiting for this!))

"See? If you just let me be your underling these harder to kill then normal guys willl be less harder to kill! This cute girl here that's getting ready to melt off your leg? She comes with me! So you get two underlings for the price of one! Great deal right? Seriously though I can tell your my kind of woman, I don't wanna waste such a person as you!" Evil Lucky, seeing how he convinced her not to kill him, takes the opportunity to keeping selling himself to her. While he's saying that he let's Aurwyn continue her thing, while testing out his new hat.

Test out my hat while Aurwyn grabs and clings to Ms. Mental while excreting tons of acid onto her. If I convince her to be her newest murderous underling, instead help her out by having Aurwyn melt off Osborn's armor and possibly him, while I attempt another timestop this time on Zardak. If timestop works, steal his spear go stab happy with it on him while laughing manically.

Unless she obviously let's me team up with her, keep on having Aurwyn attack her. Also my hat testing takes priority over everything. I really wanna see what that does.

((I'm changing my if I team up action to switching targets... I forgot that with my almost all negative stats, his book would probably summon a meteor under me instead of Osborn. I also wanna convince her to attack osborn if she teams up with me by telling her that the mountain that used to be nearby got exploded because of him. Though that would be meta since my character doesn't even know osborns power... nobody does except him and the other survivor that i think is dead already.))
"Do you truly have a death wish? If so, I will be happy to oblige you." He turns to the spear lady. "Madame, you may align with this whelp if you wish, but, in that case, I will simply kill him and gain enough power to destroy you outright. If, however, you wish to join my ranks instead, I will spare you from a most brutal and painful death."

If Lucky turns, I'll kill him, or ask Rambo to do it if I am somehow incapacitated. Otherwise, I'll use my spear as best I can to help me actively block and dodge the spear lady's attacks while Osborn is casting his spell on her.
(Lucky whim: IMMUNE)
(Kadzar whim: IMMUNE)

(Ellie-Mental dex: (1+3-3)*2)
(Lucky dex: 3-1)
(Aurwyn dex: 5-6)
(Osborn dex: 5)
(Zardak dex: 6-1-2)

(Book aff: 1+4)
(Ellie-Mental dex: (3+3-3)*2)
(Osborn dex: 5)
(Ellie-Mental dex: (2+3-3)*2)
(Osborn str: 4+1)
(Ellie-Mental end: (3+1-3)*2)

Both Zardak and Lucky try to convince the girl to join them, but she seems to be too busy magically transcending humanity to notice. She inhales deeply, as if preparing to breathe fire, but is interrupted by Osborn, who teleports to her in a shower of flame. The red magic pouring off of her seems to burn away at the fire itself, but it cannot defend against a mighty punch from Osborn, which knocks the young elementalist completely unconscious. As her spear flies from her grasp, the red magic fades from her body, and she seems to be quite ordinary. She won't be much of a threat anymore, but perhaps you could try to get her to join you now that she's no longer mad with power... or kill her to get some extra loot.

Hmmm... IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL!!!
Draw top card not fearing i in the slightest!

You draw the top card, and there is a sound of trumpets as a giant man with a gold crown and shaggy blonde hair appears in front of you. He is dressed in thick yet regal-looking bearhides, and wields a curved sword which drips a foul yellow liquid. He kneels before you, and looks up expectantly. Looking at his face, you can see that he has seven identical golden seals around where his mouth should be.

Try to recall the thing. also see if the things inside are hobbits. i like hobbits. perhaps they have tea...

Your faithful heart-beast returns to hover above your shoulder, and you descend into the den with your companions, who are marveling at a tasteful array of corpses on an ice-spike, as well as a freezing hole in the ground inside of this freezing hole in the ground. Yo dawg, I heard you like freezing holes in the ground...

"Hmmm. A piece of paper. Maybe I should make a BLOOD OATH."
Find a sharp looking rock. Make small incision on finger, then inscribe a mysterious-yet-cool looking symbol, involving interlocking circles and pentagrams.

Edit: I just realized that I got an item that is only -3 from Osborn's meteor spell, and my first thought is "Let's try to make  blood sacrifice to it!

The paper is not amused by your puny blood sacrifice. The blood merely soaks into the paper and disappears without a trace. It almost seems as if the paper is hungry for more... you make a mental note to be careful if you ever decide to pick it up.

Well... Fuck.
Not the makeup button, but at least now I have enough muscles that I can actually punch people! YAY! ...Is my voice deeper? UNACCEPTABLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Press more buttons until Yukkuri isn't ugly and muscular anymore. Unless something goes wrong. Which it most certainly will. Also start dancing.
(Yukkuri aff: 4+6+9)
(Yukkuri bad: 2+4)

You press a few more buttons, and the muscles on your body begin to recede, leaving gaping holes where they broke through the skin. Blood begins to pour from your wounds, but you ignore this and begin to dance, humming the tune to Gangnam Style as Craig looks on, utterly speechless.

Not really having anything to do, Algem will stand around and just observe whatever's going on nearby.

You watch your friends over by the hills descend into some sort of opening in the ground. Perhaps you should follow them...
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Open-World Adventure with Treasure! FALCON PUNCH!
« Reply #1460 on: April 08, 2013, 12:18:42 am »

Suddenly Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode the RTD with random generation.
I am totally okay with this.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 08, 2013, 12:21:59 am »

OH GOD WHERE AM I? GIVE ME A DAMN MAP. YOU! YES YOU!
*Yukkuri points at Craig*
YOU SHALL JOIN ME ON MY GRAND QUEST TO FIND THE MAP! DO YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE MAP?
Eat the Craig. Get Craig powers.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 08, 2013, 12:26:28 am »

((What? I didn't test out my hat? Did you forget that?))

"Well... that was boring and anti-climatic. I was hoping for a battle full of death and pain!" Evil Lucky complains. "Aurwyn my love, I promise you we'll have more fun n' guts soon. Go test out that hat that came from the guy you spine busted until then." He then walks over to the spear she dropped and decides to pick it up and give it a few swings. Then plans on laughing at Zardak who has a crappy looking spear while he has a cool one!

Have Aurwyn test out the hat while I pick up the spear the spear lady dropped. Afterwards follow along with Team Badass.

((I get the feeling the spear is what made the spear lady so crazy...))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:43:16 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 08, 2013, 12:26:54 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 08, 2013, 12:31:34 am »

So uhhh... shouldnt rageson dying have spawned in a new character?

*Cough* rozar *cough*
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 08, 2013, 12:39:54 am »

I thought there was no wait lists now like in perplexicon.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 08, 2013, 12:44:18 am »

'Survival Bastard' Grungson
He survives stuff. He survives stuff. He hates everyone.
He survived them.
STR: ------
END: ++++++
DEX: ++++++
AFF: ------
LUK: ------
BDS: ++++++

Because [CENSORED] the dice, I WILL SURVIVE PAST 2 TURNS FOR [BADNESS] SAKE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 08, 2013, 01:14:30 am »

I thought there was no wait lists now like in perplexicon.
There aren't, so two things could have happened: GM forgot you like he did to me, or a demon suddenly came out of hell and cursed your character so GM wouldn't see it. Personally, I hope for the latter, but the first is much more likely.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 08, 2013, 01:18:19 am »

Alena flags down Genius so they can talk and maybe fly to that steamy place.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 08, 2013, 01:23:51 am »

"Well done, Mage! It seems your magic allowed you to get around her defenses and finally land a blow. And now that that spear has left her grasp, I think she'll prove to be far more manageable. Once she wakes up, we can question her about where she got the spear and what she knows about the area, and hopefully gain some valuable intel. Although we have no idea when she'll come to, and we've wasted enough time already, so I say we take her with us and away from the place we arrived here."

Zardak scoops up the girl in his left arm and heads in the direction going away from the spawn area.

Then plans on laughing at Zardak who has a crappy looking spear while he has a cool one!
If he does that, Zardak will point out that his pike has a banner of a bear attached to it, therefore his argument is invalid.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:25:55 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 159