Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265189 times)

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! New Management!
« Reply #2070 on: July 06, 2013, 06:11:15 pm »

Not really robots. I mean, you have my heart thingie, or the golden girl. Hell, half our weapons can be called autonomous in some way.
Lol confused Autonomous and Automaton. Probably what my time-drunk brain gets for this.

So pretty much anything that is acting apart from a playing character can have its own bonuses to its actions? That would be determined by its original generation, so that would be no different form the system I'm currently suggesting.

Side note- Turn nearly done

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: July 06, 2013, 06:16:09 pm »

Yes, it is your system, just new factor with weapons. Like a 50 lb. sword slowing you down and enchanted daggers perhaps speeding you up?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 06, 2013, 06:24:31 pm »

Yes, it is your system, just new factor with weapons. Like a 50 lb. sword slowing you down and enchanted daggers perhaps speeding you up?

Alright, that works, but I can't replace any currently existing loot. I have no idea whether or not WWolin can add it to the generator, but it would involve marking certain traits as Heavy, Medium, and Light on any newly generated stuff for instance.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 06, 2013, 06:39:06 pm »

Makes sense.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 06, 2013, 07:27:27 pm »

((Actually, if i understand what your saying then youve got my rolls wonky and penalised me for no reason...

I said to shoot him and run.
you rolled for initiative then for my attack and then my flight as a +4-1

If the penalty only applies to the turn in question what should have happened was my attack should have failed and then i should have fled with a roll of 7 vs his roll of 6 instead of a 6v6 tie.))
It would be pointless to keep it between turns.
For example, even if i get a fleeing penalty for running twice then the iron settler would get a penalty for chasing me twice...

The rule is mostly pointless, its only function is to prevent attack then run spam by making it take longer to perform such tactics.
This was something I kinda forgot to state... Combat actions are different than non combat actions, if you fail a combat action, you continue your next action. Since this was mainly designed to combat the dex problem,  this only effects running away and other dex actions that can be used to not get hit at all. So combat actions would have no place in stopping your turn.

Of course that doesn't even matter anymore.

As for the second part, that was an obvious flaw I thought about, people would just split out the same thing over many turns... As boring as that might be some of you might have done that over 4 turns and suffered no penalties, and if that showed up I would intend to adress it. However an action cap per turn would not have this problem. Maybe.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:37:53 pm by stefmor90 »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: July 06, 2013, 10:32:40 pm »

"Let me just try something..."

Shoot the growling sand pile thing, and ask my loremaster just what it is.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 07, 2013, 02:02:50 am »

Turn is done, except for +!!scientist!!+ who didn't post to who he wants to use his cross of protection on.

Edit: And TCM as well.

Any and all systems are not present for this upcoming turn, LD is just as normal this turn as it was before now. It's a good turn too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:16:09 am by stefmor90 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 07, 2013, 02:22:55 am »

((I like the idea of heavy medium and light weapons although it should be a change of about 1 action using an action system, how about you have balancing factors as well so people don't spam light weapons or something here is an example of how heavy/medium/light could work:

Heavy: -1 action when attacking &/or fleeing, +1 damage or some sort of damage bonus

Medium: No penalty or bonus to actions

Light: +1 action when attacking &/or fleeing, -1 damage or some sort of damage penalty

Just an example of balancing, the +/- could be greater for lighter or heavier weapons or for weapons with special properties ect))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 07, 2013, 02:42:50 am »

((I like the idea of heavy medium and light weapons although it should be a change of about 1 action using an action system, how about you have balancing factors as well so people don't spam light weapons or something here is an example of how heavy/medium/light could work:

Heavy: -1 action when attacking &/or fleeing, +1 damage or some sort of damage bonus

Medium: No penalty or bonus to actions

Light: +1 action when attacking &/or fleeing, -1 damage or some sort of damage penalty

Just an example of balancing, the +/- could be greater for lighter or heavier weapons or for weapons with special properties ect))
This is exactly why I'm not applying it next turn. It's not only an obvious flaw, but converting everyones weapons to have stats like that would take a long time.

Pretty much making light weapons boost something like actions would cause dex characters with light weapons to go absolutely insane.

I really like GWG's idea though. Something that just determines if someone is running and attacking, they will simply suffer a 1/3 penalty or so to their attack stat after running. And anything else relevant to that for that matter, holding up your shield while using dex to climb a ladder/mountain will obviously impair your climbing ability.

Wouldn't a simpler, more direct rule work better?

Or, better yet, improved rules for such situations. Hit-and-run is realistically pretty good, but it has some drawbacks. Why not simulate the drawbacks? Maybe penalize combat actions taken in a turn where you're running.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:49:00 am by stefmor90 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 07, 2013, 03:05:21 am »

((The penalty/bonus thing could be changed although for classifying you can simply say: Two hands, heavy ,one hand only light and either medium although the whole light weapon + high dex would be a problem although the idea of conditional penalties is a really good idea))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 07, 2013, 03:53:30 am »

((The penalty/bonus thing could be changed although for classifying you can simply say: Two hands, heavy ,one hand only light and either medium although the whole light weapon + high dex would be a problem although the idea of conditional penalties is a really good idea))
((Of course, but there's a problem, adding something like one handed and two handed to the generator could be a problem, just because two handed daggers and one handed light beds don't make any sense (as much as I'd like to see both of those :P) pretty much it has to be really broad or nothing, for instance a heavy dagger makes sense, as it could have been made out of heavy materials. This is mainly to support the story of the game, but things like two handed daggers will become much more prominent as the story progresses and gets... weirder.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 07, 2013, 03:56:46 am »

Also, why ain't Wwolin updating this? Just curious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 07, 2013, 04:00:16 am »

Because people grew upset at his lax update schedule
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 07, 2013, 04:01:23 am »

Well I know that, but ...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: July 07, 2013, 04:12:57 am »

Well I know that, but ...
I actually didn't Hijack anything, WWolin gave me the rights. He's working on the mechanics for another RTD and he said he was going to give up LD so I offered to run it. He also said that LD was mainly made as a mostly a test of his generator, and ended up doing much better than he anticipated, but since it was a test it didn't and still doesn't have too many mechanics outside the generator, which is why I tried to add the combat system I did this turn. Unfortunately that was too complex, but maybe something better will come up later.

He may end up running LD again some time later, but I'm not certain.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 159