Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3742054 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Likely-incorrect vote count
North: mastahcheese, brilliand, objective, javier, chink
west: GWG, tophat, tomcost, monk12, ironyowl, toaster (??? vague)
just GTFO: pretty much everyone except a couple people

Will you follow Cherish's plan or Goom-bess' plan or something else? Note: your actions here may change your Shipping Rating with the current party members!

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:15:31 am by freeformschooler »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Tough...On one hand, I don't want to anger our healer, but on the other hand...wait.

Pause game to explain to Cherish that each time we've faced these things, someone--not just a random someone, but a named someone--has died.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tough...On one hand, I don't want to anger our healer, but on the other hand...wait.

Pause game to explain to Cherish that each time we've faced these things, someone--not just a random someone, but a named someone--has died.

To pause the game and safely talk between yourselves, you must initiate Tactical Persuasion. Initiate Tactical Persuasion Y/N?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll go with Y, because Y not?

...I feel a bit ashamed of that pun.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Quick, absorb your weapon, head over to the peninsula to the left, bloodshape something with a lot of knockback, jump to the north when the bots come close and knock them into the void!

Maybe initiate tactical combat so this shit doesn't rely on all of the luck.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick, absorb your weapon, head over to the peninsula to the left, bloodshape something with a lot of knockback, jump to the north when the bots come close and knock them into the void!

That would take a total of three combat turns. Do this anyway Y/N?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

N to both stuff.
I suggest to keep running. Maybe until we meet those three wisps guarding the eastern door in the computer room. Then make them fight.

Also, did you note the drawing on the floor?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

While I agree that upsetting the healer is a bad idea, tell her we're just moving to advantageous ground.  As in, somewhere with water.  Wasn't there a pool of water we had to cross somewhere?  Can't look atm
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While I agree that upsetting the healer is a bad idea, tell her we're just moving to advantageous ground.  As in, somewhere with water.  Wasn't there a pool of water we had to cross somewhere?  Can't look atm
Do we have a way of throwing them into water without getting electrocuted?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we have a way of throwing them into water without getting electrocuted?
Stand in the water, out of reach and on top of a Bloodshaped stool?

EDIT: Wait, that could work. We'd stick Cherish in our bag (if an adult corpse takes up two inventory slots, Cherish shouldn't take up more than that) and Goom-Bess in our remaining inventory slots. Or the other way around--stick the mercenary in the bag and give the healer a piggyback ride.
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

To pause the game and safely talk between yourselves, you must initiate Tactical Persuasion. Initiate Tactical Persuasion Y/N?

YES!

At our current HP, they have a 50% chance or greater of OHKO any given party member. If they focus their attacks, that means it's more like 75% they kill somebody. CIRO THE STATISTICIAN GO!

For a longer-term plan, I propose we return to the main hub of this dungeon. Not only will we be able to heal, but these things have been hostile to everything they've come across, so there's a good chance the arena guards/shopkeepers will draw aggro and/or help us fight them.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But, why would we need to use tactical persuasion?

And, also: if a shopkeeper is killed, do we get all his stuff? Or do we lose that shop forever?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

But, why would we need to use tactical persuasion?

And, also: if a shopkeeper is killed, do we get all his stuff? Or do we lose that shop forever?

For the first, we're using tactical persuasion to convince Cherish not to dislike us for retreating. We call it prudence, she calls it cowardice.

For the second, dunno! Hopefully the arena guards take the brunt of the fighting, they seem eminently replaceable (and probably more competent to boot.) Really, the healing is the most important thing, since as I mentioned our current HPs are quite insufficient.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

YES!
At our current HP, they have a 50% chance or greater of OHKO any given party member. If they focus their attacks, that means it's more like 75% they kill somebody. CIRO THE STATISTICIAN GO!

For a longer-term plan, I propose we return to the main hub of this dungeon. Not only will we be able to heal, but these things have been hostile to everything they've come across, so there's a good chance the arena guards/shopkeepers will draw aggro and/or help us fight them.
+1 if we do this right now.
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1544