Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3741496 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Updates slowed, new questionnaire
« Reply #8355 on: August 16, 2013, 10:09:56 am »

1.  Money should not take up a slot.  Especially annoying with the multiple currencies.
2.  Add in a way (either sprinkle around the dungeon or sell us an item) that sends things to storage.  We wouldn't be able to get things back out without a full trip, but we could stash that interesting but we don't want to use it yet loot we pick up, without consuming much time.
+1 to both.

For the former: You know how in a lot of games, money isn't even tracked in inventory, but is instead a separate stat thingy?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: August 16, 2013, 10:10:12 am »

I was working on hippie communist ninja robots.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: August 16, 2013, 10:46:00 am »

2.  Add in a way (either sprinkle around the dungeon or sell us an item) that sends things to storage.  We wouldn't be able to get things back out without a full trip, but we could stash that interesting but we don't want to use it yet loot we pick up, without consuming much time.
3.  (Optional)  Put a cooldown on pulling things out of storage.  That keeps the tactical aspect alive.

Slots for equipped armor/weapons would be nice, but I think that's less important.

My previous idea for Overside storage vendors would do both of these.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: August 16, 2013, 10:51:58 am »

Which idea was that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: August 16, 2013, 12:10:27 pm »

-snip-

HEY WAIT A MINUTE PROXXY HAS HER SOUL STAR IN HER INVENTORY! WHY ISN'T SHE ALL YELLOW AND GLOWY!?!

Probably because she is a (semi-)friendly.

Implying that if Cherish had attempted to hit Proxxy back then, it would have zapped her? I figured she was plenty friendly at that point.
Well.... Her star isn't truly active right now. Active party member Soul charge appears on the GUI. And Ciro has never seen her take it out in public.(which was the only thing letting us see Yaos' charge)

If we assume that, then:

1) Proxxy was using her Soul Star for something back then with Cherish (we don't know what, didn't seem like she was doing anything.)

2) Oric is using his Soul Star for something right now. If that's the case, maybe his Soul Star is the source of the anti-magic field? Which would be bad.

3) Depending how you meant "Active party member Soul charge," either Cherish has no Soul charge/is not a true party member, or Riltia is also actively using her Soul Star, since she's still on the GUI.

Number three I consider to be especially unlikely since Riltia doesn't even possess her own Soul Star, and Cherish seems firmly on Team Ciro now. Thus, this theory is unsatisfactory to me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: August 16, 2013, 12:18:45 pm »

#1 also seems shaky to me.

I think that the issue either has to do with alignment of the (soul) stars, influenced by relative feelings for each other*, or it more directly has to do with allies/enemies.

*Not that kind of feelings! Friendship and sharing and not killing each other and stuff.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: August 16, 2013, 12:22:39 pm »

Keep in mind Ciro has literally put a piece of himself into her Soul Star. Meaning he is always with her, whether she likes it or not. So we have a direct connection to her Soul Star!
Cherish has never flashed her Soul Star to us, so it wouldn't show.

Alternatively, it could just mean we don't have enough Soul Charge for a complete narrative change; so we get rejected and refunded our charge back.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: August 16, 2013, 12:42:01 pm »

A bit of investigation later, and Yaos's Soul Charge appeared on our GUI when he fiddled with it in our passive party (the first time it gave him gems in our party) but before he showed us its menu. That does bear out the whole "Soul Charge doesn't show up until you interact with your Soul Star" point, but I still stand by #1. I didn't see anything even remotely like accessing a Soul Star on Proxxy's part, to justify why it was yellow then and not now. Those updates were pre-GUI though, so we can't assess whether she was showing up there already.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Oric the Frugal
« Reply #8363 on: August 16, 2013, 01:23:29 pm »

Not implementing inventory changes just yet. Soon, though.

Quote from: consensus
Enough jabber!  Southwardly!

You enter a new room. Two weird-looking monsters guard the western door. Between you and them is an oddly-colored flow of water that ends in a small pool dug into the flooring. A fountains, producing more of this fluid, stands tall in the pool. Behind Goom-bess, a ladder can be seen leading downward to an environment that looks much different than your normal viewport.

Goom-bess Tattles on the Hellyfish.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: August 16, 2013, 01:24:56 pm »

Aim for the inside of their mouths
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: August 16, 2013, 01:30:09 pm »

Remain at long range. Shoot them with the Blood Shotgun until they die. Let Cherish or Goom-Bess take some shots if they feel like it. Sit back and enjoy the area as we kill them from range.

Ask Goom-Bess to Tattle on the water, specifically if it can be used to restore SP.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: August 16, 2013, 01:31:19 pm »

Damn it FFS! Making the ladder 6x as big to prevent us from taking it!
Run down!(ladder)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:33:15 pm by javierpwn »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: August 16, 2013, 01:31:39 pm »

Remain at long range. Shoot them with the Blood Shotgun until they die. Let Cherish or Goom-Bess take some shots if they feel like it. Sit back and enjoy the area as we kill them from range.

If Cherish and/or Goom-bess attack, how should they attack?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: August 16, 2013, 01:33:43 pm »

If Cherish and/or Goom-bess attack, how should they attack? Remember: magic is at a -10 on the floor.
I was imagining we'd let them take shots with the shotgun. It's like a pleasant family trip to the range, except with one gun, no need to reload, none of us are family, and we're shooting at monsters that...um...

Goom-Bess: Tattle on Hellyfishs' ability to swim.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: August 16, 2013, 01:44:51 pm »

I was imagining we'd let them take shots with the shotgun. It's like a pleasant family trip to the range, except with one gun, no need to reload, none of us are family, and we're shooting at monsters that...um...

Goom-Bess: Tattle on Hellyfishs' ability to swim.

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1544