Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: More leather mod (why not incorperate into your mod)  (Read 45657 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: More leather mod (real mod not asking for help)
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 08:21:46 am »

Hmm, what if you made bones drop globs of "raw bone", and added an automatic reaction called "Clean bones" to process those into actual bone?
You cant. Making bones in reactions is impossible, which is the source of the problem.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More leather mod (real mod not asking for help)
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 08:59:58 pm »

Sackhead, thanks again for this great idea. I have incorporated it into the next MasterworkDF release.

I use 4 skin globs per leather, tough leather, scale and chitin, 2 for drakescale and 1 for shells, since creatures still give only 1 shell. This way you get these amounts:
1 kitten = no leather
1 cat = 1 leather
1 cow = 3 leather.

I have yet to test it with bigger creatures, like elephants, or my dinosaurs.
no problem, i love seing my name in credits

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: More leather mod (why not incorperate into your mod)
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 09:23:19 pm »

Well, it is in the changelog. :)

And even if Profit is going to guillotine me at some point, I would usually direct you to the community mod list... this patch of yours is so simple and small, and works on any version... everyone playing vanilla DF could easily use it. Same goes for Igfigs Modest Mod, which fixes bugs/balancing, or even my accelerated DF. Would be a shame if the thread/fix just gets buried and forgotten.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 10:04:44 pm »

nice mod, though i think a easier way is to just make the leather reaction give something like 4 pieces of leather for 1 skin. I may use this later, but atm im fine with just importing massive amounts of leather to craft the few leather-only items. Silk and yarn items have the same weight as leather and can be used to make most of the items that require leather to make.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 10:11:18 pm »

nice mod, though i think a easier way is to just make the leather reaction give something like 4 pieces of leather for 1 skin. I may use this later, but atm im fine with just importing massive amounts of leather to craft the few leather-only items. Silk and yarn items have the same weight as leather and can be used to make most of the items that require leather to make.

That doesn't give variable amounts of leather based on the size of the creature, though...

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 01:02:40 am »

Well, it is in the changelog. :)

And even if Profit is going to guillotine me at some point, I would usually direct you to the community mod list... this patch of yours is so simple and small, and works on any version... everyone playing vanilla DF could easily use it. Same goes for Igfigs Modest Mod, which fixes bugs/balancing, or even my accelerated DF. Would be a shame if the thread/fix just gets buried and forgotten.
i am already on the community mod list and i have tested it with most big mods, with minor modifications it works with anything
my main problem was that a cat gave the same amount of leather as a giant sperm whale rather then getting not enough
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:10:09 pm by sackhead »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 08:24:08 am »

I'm not a modder AT ALL, but I tried this out and it worked well! Butchered one of my wagon horses and got 14 leather. BOOM!

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2014, 11:35:34 am »

There seem to be a problem in 0.40 for this reaction, when I try to tan the skin I get thousands of pieces of leather.
Butchering produces the right mount of skin.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 03:26:42 pm »

There seem to be a problem in 0.40 for this reaction, when I try to tan the skin I get thousands of pieces of leather.

Globs now have a size, so you have to replace any "1" quantities with globs with "150".

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 12:34:37 pm »

Have you guys checked out the OldGenesis 2012 (by Deon & myself), it has these types of leather:

fur (from certain mammals, crap for armor, zebra/reindeer/cougar/leopard/gorilla/panda) [YOU DO WANT THAT GORILLA FUR VEST]
suede (crap for armor, basically Thin Leather variant) (dog, cat, human)
leather (vanilla, cow, horse)
toughleather (hippo, ogre, all tough monsters)
mark 4 leather (demons)
mark 5 leather, called dragonscale (from dragons)

I made the leather variants and tree qualities (1: basic cheap pine/fir/whatever. 2: beech, cypress, redcedar. 3: teak,satinwood,ebony,elm,yew,oak etc.)
Feel free to use the toughmaterials and treematerial variants I have made in your mods! (I also have toughmuscle, toughsinew, toughbone)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:41:05 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 01:44:34 pm »

Globs now have a size, so you have to replace any "1" quantities with globs with "150".
I have verified the Word Of Putnam. This totes works exactly as expected if you do this:
[REAGENT:A:150:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][UNROTTEN][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN]

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 04:13:42 am »

That works in Fort mode (thanks, Putnam!), but has anyone found a way to make it work for Adventure mode, too?
Changing the input quantity makes it want 150 individual creatures' skins.
Just a niggling thing - adventurers can always use the Vanilla system - but it's always a shame when new improvements break old mods.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 07:40:06 am »

...damn.
I was already using globs for some special creatures' skeletons, and chitin as well. Why didn't I think of this too?

Only problem is that they'll go to the food->fat stockpile now, but that's tolerable.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:45:39 am by Valikdu »

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 04:45:58 pm »

That works in Fort mode (thanks, Putnam!), but has anyone found a way to make it work for Adventure mode, too?
Just a niggling thing - adventurers can always use the Vanilla system - but it's always a shame when new improvements break old mods.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TAN_LEATHER_ADV]
[NAME:tan raw skin]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
    [REAGENT:A:1:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:rock:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT]
[SKILL:TANNER]

This will work in Adventure mode, although I am not sure how to make it use more than 1 skin per leather.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 01:32:42 am »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TAN_LEATHER_ADV]
[NAME:tan raw skin]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
    [REAGENT:A:1:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:rock:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT]
[SKILL:TANNER]

This will work in Adventure mode, although I am not sure how to make it use more than 1 skin per leather.

I tried this one and the last piece of skin from a stack is never consumed, even though it produces leather, allowing for infinite production.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5