Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177067 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2013, 01:28:08 pm »

RUN!! through the lone guy tunnel, worst case is better to face 1 civilian than 100 veteran military.

Then hide and remove the disguise.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2013, 01:37:10 pm »

I'd rather not ally with elves but I'm okay will allying with either humans or goblins.

Since the beginning of time, dwarves have been forced to commit the most undwarfly act of carpentry in order to sleep. Elves oppose this for the wrong reasons, but they've got the right idea. If we get elves to commit to a multi-racial fort, they will be more then glad to take this burden off the dwarves. As for the humans, they have no reason to war with this fort. And humans are tall, greedy bullies who'd probably strong-arm us into giving them the better end of the deal.

Can we still be a wereboar though?  Please?!?  We can cut off our limbs and beat people to death with them.  Even better, we can become a necromancer, cut off our limbs, reanimate our limbs and have said limbs beat people to death on their own.
I've never been either, but it's to my understanding that werebeasts and necromancers can't drink alchohol. Surely, that's a far too great sacrifice.

Edit:
If we make a smokescreen, and it fails, we will have something fiery to throw at the scary guy's face.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:45:32 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2013, 01:51:26 pm »

Werebeasts can eat and drink just the same as any normal dwarf.  Actually, I'm pretty sure they still have to (they get hungry and thirsty in adventure mode anyway).  Main difference is every month they regrow their limbs and become a monster.  Necromancers don't need to eat or drink but I'm pretty sure they are still capable of it (they don't eat or drink in fortress mode but you can still eat and drink in adventure mode, it just doesn't do anything positive for you).

Edit: Alright fine, we can ally with elves as long as they don't stop us from making charcoal or other necessary products that require wood (or more importantly charcoal).  Also we might want to swap out their wooden weapons for something more effective.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:53:08 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2013, 01:52:56 pm »

"Facepalm"
You were supposed to say that as the "LAST" survivor you are now the leader, not that you were the leader from the start. Oh well not much can be done now.

With someone who looks like that it's almost better to go back to the soldiers, he looks like he means business. Only so many things you can do now. I would start talking to this guy and find out what he's doing exactly (and to find his secret weakness). If he rushes to attack us we are going to be properly screwed unless someone comes to help us or we

>INITIATE HARDCORE PARKOUR!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:43 pm »

Werebeasts can eat and drink just the same as any normal dwarf.  Actually, I'm pretty sure they still have to (they get hungry and thirsty in adventure mode anyway).  Main difference is every month they regrow their limbs and become a monster.  Necromancers don't need to eat or drink but I'm pretty sure they are still capable of it (they don't eat or drink in fortress mode but you can still eat and drink in adventure mode, it just doesn't do anything positive for you)
Fair enough. But we'd need to find some way of doing it without a great risk of death.

Edit: Alright fine, we can ally with elves as long as they don't stop us from making charcoal or other necessary products that require wood (or more importantly charcoal).  Also we might want to swap out their wooden weapons for something more effective.
Wooden bows are still pretty effective, we can get some metal arrows from a human settlement. The elves' trained beasts will make for great meatshields, too. And I believe elves are more opposed to cutting down trees then to burning elf-approved wood.

Edit: We'll have plenty of elves and dwarves, but we'll be short on goblins. Now, amusing as it would be to kill a demon leader of a dark fort, we simply aren't up to it. (Unless we raise some manner of necromantic army, but that'd be rather detrimetnal to our diplomatic relations with non-goblins.) We need an easy way of getting more goblins to join our cause. I'd say atleast five breeding pairs if we want to make an impact. Maybe we could resque goblin prisoners from a human town, or take over bandit factions?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:17:40 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »

"Facepalm"
You were supposed to say that as the "LAST" survivor you are now the leader, not that you were the leader from the start. Oh well not much can be done now.
This. Maybe we can try later using a different disguise? maybe get some noble clothes and such or go back to our old fort to get some sort of documentation that proves our claim?

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2013, 01:55:27 am »

"Facepalm"
This. Maybe we can try later using a different disguise? maybe get some noble clothes and such or go back to our old fort to get some sort of documentation that proves our claim?

I doubt the mayor will fall for anything like this again. The disguise sounds good (ok) but I'm not sure if we should deal with the mayor any more (use the disguise if necessary on the warden if we make out of this alive?). Now that we've seen what the mayor is like I suggest we find out what the warden is like (not any more suicide like than what we're up to now). At the best we would understand the political situation better and possibly (still doubt it) get help.

According to this,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

there are 2 major things that influence the fort (nobles, warden), 2 minor things that influence the fort (healthcare, hunters) (5 in all counting the military, but the military is also influenced by a group inside the fort, the nobles). Our main options to gain influence are either from the top, or from the bottom up (many minor ways but I won't include them). The top could be pretty fast but as we know (from talking with the mayor) can be very dangerous. If none of the top can/won't help us then we could always find another way. There are so many ways of getting help it's ridiculous.

Also, I honestly don't know what to do about that dwarf,

I only have ideas on what to do if we make out of this alive.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:57:18 am by xominxac »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2013, 07:51:12 am »

I only have ideas on what to do if we make out of this alive.

Think about what we can do as a murderous ghost! No one knows our true name, not even we. We'd be unstoppable.
Edit: I wonder if we'll be able to possess dwarves. That'd be usefull.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 11:34:09 am by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2013, 12:03:21 pm »

Maybe we could use our head being still hurt (or any other injury we might incur during our scape) as an excuse to approach the hospital to get diagnosed, then we could talk with the other faction that seems somewhat independent from the nobles and warden and has direct contact with the mountain home: healthcare faction.

Medics should be more empathic about our plight and should have traits like feeling rewarded by helping others and such, so they might give insight into what's up with the mayor and even gets us in contact with the mountain home and someone who actually cares about our fort being wiped out... I still think we should also look some sort of documents or proof in our old fort to back up our claim before proceeding further to the mountain home...

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2013, 01:29:53 pm »

Maybe we could use our head being still hurt (or any other injury we might incur during our scape) as an excuse to approach the hospital to get diagnosed, then we could talk with the other faction that seems somewhat independent from the nobles and warden and has direct contact with the mountain home: healthcare faction.

Medics should be more empathic about our plight and should have traits like feeling rewarded by helping others and such, so they might give insight into what's up with the mayor and even gets us in contact with the mountain home and someone who actually cares about our fort being wiped out... I still think we should also look some sort of documents or proof in our old fort to back up our claim before proceeding further to the mountain home...

Sounds good to me. I'm not going to vote this round.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2013, 03:55:01 pm »

Well, it looks like run, duck roll wins. Alas, we'll smoke another day. Now let's pray nerin knows how to roll.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2013, 05:52:08 pm »

Roll you say?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:55:04 pm by xominxac »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2013, 06:03:46 pm »

Roll you say?

I believe we're screwed.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2013, 06:23:02 pm »

What the fck is going on? Where did everyone go!?
Nerin just run!
What is that!?
An...axe?
Yes...but it looks like it's been made by goblins...
How can you tell?
That edge isn't meant to kill a someone it's either used to maim a bigger foe or to torture prisoners.
Uhmm...That's good! Dying is pretty bad you know.
You two shut the fck up. Nerin, run at him with a speed born only of stark terror, then when getting close, duck and roll to get past.
I'll....gulp...try.
-AAAARRGUUUGGGHHH
Carp! Nerin he just fck'd up your shoulder pretty bad.
I'm gonna dieeee!
-Help me! Someone help me please!
-Someone plee hnnggg !
My shoulder is burning and I can't....breath...
Hold on Nerin! Don't die on us now!
Easy...for...you....to...say...
...Did I just die?

What is this place...

-This is the inside of Extortusshis.
-I don't understand...
-Extortusshis is one of Silverdrops five artifacts, six if you count the lost throne. But it was not made by a dwarf from here, in fact it was not made by a dwarf at all. We got all the time in the world so I might aswell tell you the legend.
-What are you talking about!? I'm going crazy!
-Time does not exist in here. It is just you and me.
-I'll do anything! I just want to live!
-Your words mean nothing, and your life is already mine.

Guys!?
Guys...?
You...Blaaauuuuugghhh
-What are you doing?
-What in Armok's name is going on here?
*Tenebrosus begins to slowly back away from the goo*

*At first the black substance just poured out across the ground but...then it started twitching and sliding.*
What is this sorcery!?
*The liquid poured into slimy blobs that began crawling upwards, as if they were rising from the ground*
-What are you!?
-If time might be and time might not, that we may never know. But Nerin is not alone that we know for sure.
-Nerin!!! Your tricks won't work on me, I'll rip your soul out of it's miserable shell!!!
-He can't hear you...
-I'll...I'll slay you all!!!

-Arrguu, my throat...
What happned to me?
What the fck!? Is he...dead?
That is fckn irrelavant Nerin! Now is your chance to run!
But...but where!? To the pub? To my room? To the other end of the fort?
I don't know what's going on anymore...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2013, 06:39:51 pm »

:D

All right, this fort is a hell-hole. It's starting to be literally so. We need to get out. Trying to gave esmar accompany us(or the reverse) would be wise, but to be frank: I'm not leaving brewster here. I say we intimidate the goblin into kidnapping him and get out as fast as we can.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:41:51 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 90