Advanced search  

Poll

Pick one.

Gobs
Elves
Dwarves?
???

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Planet of Dragons (Which really don't exist) - Handmade strangefort  (Read 16726 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile

Current save

While I’m waiting to go to college I don’t have anything to do. My turn in a couple of succession forts has yet to come and I have an itch to get in on the action. Sooo, it is my pleasure to present to you all this succession fort which I hope will bring immense joy.

With that said, may I present to you: Thadar Tamun
The Planet of Dragons

(Yes, I made an extremely small world with next to no history, reason for is so that any computer or laptop will/should be able to run it no problem.)

“engage advertising spiel”

How would you like to take a tour around the Hill of Misery? I hear there’s a defective fir on top, whatever that means.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or how about settling down in the true desert? The stream, The land of screams (screms eh? I like to think that they left out the a after screaming too much.) runs right through it, makes for a lovely wake up call in the morning, should you survive the night in the first place.

The forests of carnages are found west, just past the fingers of peace (volcano) and the mountain of pregnancy (mountain obviously, what were you expecting it to be?).

To the far south east we have the jungle of sparkles and the dunes of styling, I hear they’ve shaved off their prices so much its to die for.

Oh, just south that? We have the Hill of murdering and roasted oceans.

And there are ice caps on both the north and south poles in this world.

Rules

Enough said, the rules are simple as is my purpose in this succession game.
  • You are to have one day to do take out your energy and do whatever you want on a fort, or in adventure mode. One day and one day only.
  • You must save your progress, retire your fort and upload the save at the end of the day.
Warning! Finish and upload your fort before the day is done or be forgotten in an alternate time-line!

• The next person may then create a new fort or continue any of the previous forts.

How long you spend that day could mean that 1 in game day might have gone by, or 10 forts may have risen only to fall soon after (I don’t endorse the making of forts just to kill them off, do please put at least “some” effort into making them/regaling their adventures, even if it is “I made a fort, zombie pigeons came and pecked everyone’s eyes out, the end”).

Turns are unlimited but if we do get a large number of people going at it I would like it so that we spread out people who return to intermingle with those just coming in.
If you don’t want to use the full day, say you have 2 hours of free time, you may retire immediately and pass on the save to the next person. If no one else decides to join in on fun after a day has gone by, it will cycle back according to those who want to have another go. If you guys just want me to keep going at this with my free time, heh, I’m not going to complain.

End of Rules

Victims

1. xominxac
2. Bearskie
3. Salmeuk
4. xominxac
5. Salmeuk
6.-∞ ???

Bearskie
Timeless Bob

Green = Completed
Yellow = en route
Grey = To be determined

Why it’s called the planet of Dragons when there are only 2 actual dragons, I don’t know.
(No I’m not counting the 788 cave dragons spread throughout the underworld.) Btw, just a heads up if you manage to break into HFS, here’s what you’re up against. You can probably gauge their difficulty based on that.

Spoiler: HFS (click to show/hide)
Pfft, llama brutes. Watch, they’re probably the hardest ones to go up against. That or the... Iguanodont fiends? Aren’t those a type of dinosaur, or does that mean its just a dinosaur fiend?

Give or take how I picture them. (Not my picture, though my bad editing skills.)

Fort Status

Here, to the best of my degree I will declare the status of each fort created to better understand dwarf kind.

xominxac

Spoiler: Turn 1 (click to show/hide)
Timeless Bob

Spoiler: Part 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 3 (click to show/hide)

Bearskie

Spoiler: Part 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Part 3 (click to show/hide)
Salmeuk

Spoiler: Turn 1 (click to show/hide)
xominxac

Spoiler: Turn 2 (click to show/hide)
Bearskie

Spoiler: Turn 2 (click to show/hide)

(D= name of fort in dwarf)
(H = name of fort in our language)

TLDR
Desisoltar, "Snarlgild" = Alive
Urvadmondul, "Sealgraves" = Alive
Alathkeshan, "Boltflames" = Alive

Everything else = dead or never lived

Anyone who is interested in the technical things regarding the world look here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:18:03 pm by xominxac »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sense carnage in the making.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll grab a turn.  Proposal: 1st fortress on one of the cano islands.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile

I'll grab a turn.  Proposal: 1st fortress on one of the cano islands.

You my friend, are exactly what I was waiting for. All right then, I shall commence with the fort now seeing as to how [sarcasm]everyone[/sarcasm] just rushed to vote.

Off to neverlan!.... No wait, off to the defective fir! What a strange name for a volcano.

I've decided to go for the mystery approach and see what kind of mixed nuts will arrive. Planning? Pfft, who needs that.

Looks like we're starting out right on the edge of the volcano. The grass underfoot consists of wormy tendrils and staring eyeballs. I spot some glumprong not to far off along with some precious gem clusters and some marble layers. To the south some 25 layers down is a native gold vein, other than that everything seems pretty calm. I have yet to unpause the game.

Hahaha... Just watch, it probably insta kills or something.

Btw, I painstakingly put together 8 images to make this (the image below) singular image. It will be the main layer of the fort (most likely). If anyone knows of some image software that can put images together automatically, I would appreciate a heads up about it.

Spoiler: Massive Image (click to show/hide)

**** You guys know how to pick a place... Guess what that vapour does? I don't think I can even get my dwarves away in time.

The vapour just caught a single emu but 1 emu is already too much for me. The tales that I've heard of thralling clouds makes me want to hide the dwarves underground so that they have a chance at survival. So far it hasn't caught any of them because I restricted the tiles the vapor was passing through but if I don't do something fast the next cloud could kill everyone.

I can't help but feel insane that I even went to this place. I've blockaded them in for now just as another thralling cloud floats on by.

Whew, I've set a couple things up but that's about it for today. Hey Timeless Bob, It's past midnight where I'm at, as per the rules the day is done and I must leave the dwarves to their fate until its my turn again. Are you ready for your turn now?

Here's the file, I turned it into a self extracting archive to make it easier.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:51:02 am by xominxac »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Downloading now.  Yeah, this place is really "special".

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile

Just to clarify, you are by no means obligated to continue the fort. If you choose to start a new one, so be it. I have a feeling we might end up with multiple forts that over the course of time will have different overseers per fort. The timeline might end up looking pretty wacky.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

As someone who has never played an evil embark before, I'd like to offer my services in the hope that it will provide much !!FUN!! for all. Gimme' a turn :P

Thankfully I've got a whole free day tomorrow.  Might need help though - how do you change the tileset of a save (without LNP)?

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile

Seeing that Timeless has yet to post anything regarding his turn I feel its safe to say that nothing happened.

As someone who has never played an evil embark before, I'd like to offer my services in the hope that it will provide much !!FUN!! for all. Gimme' a turn :P

Thankfully I've got a whole free day tomorrow.  Might need help though - how do you change the tileset of a save (without LNP)?

I can change the tileset back to ASCII for your turn but I would prefer that people use the current tileset. Its not that hard to get used to and I think it's actually pretty good.

regaling their adventures, even if it is “I made a fort, zombie pigeons came and pecked everyone’s eyes out, the end”).

You know, I wasn't actually that far off.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:09:19 am by xominxac »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

Alright then, i'll get a new 40.24 copy then.  This is Phoebus, aye?

+ have faith in the dwarf man.  I'm sure we'll soon see what havoc he's causing in the fortress.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, life rose up and suddenly got really busy.  I can post the save right now, but its 1:30 am, so would it be skipped anyway?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: The Planet of Dragons (Which really don't exist) - Handmade strangefort
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 04:35:33 am »

Sorry guys, life rose up and suddenly got really busy.  I can post the save right now, but its 1:30 am, so would it be skipped anyway?

Were you able to do anything with the save? Any progress at all or is it exactly the same as the first?

This is Phoebus, aye?

Aye sir!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:39:21 am by xominxac »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 05:12:58 am »

Linky: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6vlbeq2ta7cmpb/region6.zip?dl=0

Got a bunch of dwarves killed in a haunted biome, went back and got some more killed who were professional hunters (didn't make much difference), embarked at another site next to the human port town, where the Queen of the Brass Bells now resides - I guess she's the Fisher-Queen.  They're doing pretty well - it might be a good site to train up some warrior dwarves who can then emigrate to the haunted sites and do those evil animated corpses to death.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:22:39 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 05:54:40 am »

Linky: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6vlbeq2ta7cmpb/region6.zip?dl=0

Got a bunch of dwarves killed in a haunted biome, went back and got some more killed who were professional hunters (didn't make much difference), embarked at another site next to the human port town, where the Queen of the Brass Bells now resides - I guess she's the Fisher-Queen.  They're doing pretty well - it might be a good site to train up some warrior dwarves who can then emigrate to the haunted sites and do those evil animated corpses to death.

If Bearskie doesn't mind using your save then it's fine with me seeing as he is still preparing to start.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 09:55:49 am »

Glad to see somebody else who is a fan of 16x1 embarks.  Alright, lets get this thing rolling.

*ka-ching!* ~ 24 hours starts now.

Edit: Arghglearghglegahrle I started my first session, everything's going smoothly, but I finally realized that jpeg isn't exactly the best image format to use.  >:(  Darn lossy graphics.

So, if you dont mind, the first parts of my turn will be in text.  Pure & beautiful text.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:23:06 pm by Bearskie »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6