Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 176618 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2013, 04:55:04 am »

we need to find out how the gauntlet works, this guy is the best for it...
If there are any negative effects to wearing it, and any ways of preventing those, he'll lie about them. Besides, how would we put that fire out?

Edit:
We should remove our disguise on our way to the brewstry.

Edit2:
What do we tell them? We fell into an axe and a pot of gold?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:37:07 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2013, 09:30:15 am »

Put on the glove and strangle the hitman. Whatever spirit lives in it, we already kicked it's ass once.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2013, 10:39:38 am »

Whatever spirit lives in it, we already kicked it's ass once.
We took it by suprise. It knows our 'trick' now. If it takes over for five minutes, it could bring us into all kinds of trouble.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2013, 07:22:18 am »

Back towards the Brewstery!
OK, ok.
No, Nerin go back and kill him with the gauntlet.
But he...he's on fire...
Oh...well just get rid of your disguise.
Sure...
*A few minutes of running later*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-You little bastard, what kinda trouble you've gotten ya'self into this time?
Uhmm....the thing is...th...uhhm...

Should I tell them? Or what do I say?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2013, 07:43:58 am »

We need to scare them. The mayor has gone mad, and is sending assasins to kill random dwarves. They make it look like accidents.(This is a fort, so there should be plenty of accidents to blame on them.) A tall, scary dwarf with glasses told us so in an evil speech, and wanted to set us on fire. He also told us he made a fortune serving the madman already. We only got away because he hit his head by accident. We took what we could from him and ran. Ask if any other dwarfs have caught fire recently.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:19:22 am by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2013, 10:35:36 am »

Keep it honest and simple. just not the whole truth, obviously :)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2013, 10:58:09 am »

We shouldn't tell anyone we have that gauntlet, in any case. And we didn't light him on fire, nor tried to take one of his fingers.(Unless they think this would be a logical thing to do, ofcourse.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:10:48 am by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2013, 11:42:00 am »

tell them but hide the gauntlet.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 22, 2013, 08:36:43 pm »

I think I'll remain silent for some time and see what happens when I don't say anything.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 22, 2013, 10:43:53 pm »

Keep it honest and simple. just not the whole truth, obviously :)
I think I agree with this, overall.  Let's avoid spiritual realms or anything else that makes us sound like a nutter.  Well, more of a nutter.

As for the Artifact of Doom... I think we are going to have to tell some of these people about it sooner or later if we stick with them, but not everyone here is necessarily going to be a part of our next step.  Those that are need to know about the gauntlet, because if that thing starts to subvert us or someone else, others have to know what a threat the gauntlet-host could pose and how far gone they might well be.

It might help poor, dithering Nerin's resolve later if we have people who are willing to kill us if we go to the dark side, and pick up the torch of making this place better.

But let's focus on getting a band we SORT OF trust before finding anyone we trust that completely.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2013, 09:55:45 am »

As for the Artifact of Doom... I think we are going to have to tell some of these people about it sooner or later if we stick with them, but not everyone here is necessarily going to be a part of our next step.
If we manage to destroy it soon enough, we won't need to tell anyone. We could melt it down and turn it into floodgates that nobody will equip, or perhaps try to decrease its power by turning it into stacks of coins or crossbow bolts.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2013, 09:58:06 am »

As for the Artifact of Doom... I think we are going to have to tell some of these people about it sooner or later if we stick with them, but not everyone here is necessarily going to be a part of our next step.
If we manage to destroy it soon enough, we won't need to tell anyone. We could melt it down and turn it into floodgates that nobody will equip, or perhaps try to decrease its power by turning it into stacks of coins or crossbow bolts.
Well, artifacts are kind of indestructable.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2013, 10:02:10 am »

Well, artifacts are kind of indestructable.
We could create an artifact bin that won't open once it's closed, then. Put the gauntlet in, and problem solved.

Edit:
Maybe we could encase it into obsidian, then launch that obsidian into the sea?(For extra undesirbility, turn it into a poorly crafted statue of vermin with crudely drawn pictures of vermin all over it)

Edit2:
We could see if we're able to perform that semi molten rock thing. We could ask them if they have magma forges already to find out if we can do that, later on. Or perhaps we could stop at golddrop or copperdrop sometime, and leave it there behind a constructed wall(bring a nethercap block)? No dwarf is returning there, and the other races won't deconstruct walls.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:50:03 am by AfellowDwarf »

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2013, 11:42:11 am »

I see someone (AfellowDwarf)is over thinking everything, i say we should keep it simple, take the girl our guy banged and the other dwarfs that he already knows somewhere private and tell them but not everything, we should keep it calm so i guess i suggest something between option:

Try and isolate a certain bunch of people before telling them.
and option
Keep it honest and simple. just not the whole truth, obviously

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 23, 2013, 12:11:22 pm »

I see someone (AfellowDwarf)is over thinking everything,
Eh, we'll never get Brewster out of this hole while he's comfortable. I scheme on account of scaring his behind out of here. The gauntlet almost killed us, it's better to take precautions against the anomaly of a kobolt vampire (would fish and unobsidianised artifact out of the sea, no doubt.) then to encounter one unprepared. And how are we going to get hippos between us and crossbow bolts if we don't ally ourselves with the elves?

Edit:
Also, if we tell them where we went, someone might take us for the same Nerin, LotGC that visited the mayor today. We didn't wear that disguise for nothing, and giving up that distinction now that the mayor wants us dead is less then smart. My 'conspiracy theory' allows us to implicate the mayor without implicating direct contact with him.

Edit2:
Any option that isn't the honest simplicity would at least not make us a bigger target for the mayor's goons.

Edit3:
Honest simplicity it is, it seems. We should buy a guard animal to wake us up when we're visited by the mayor's little helpers. Or maybe something poisonous that'll kill them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:57:02 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 90