Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 175723 times)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #450 on: March 14, 2013, 05:11:42 pm »

Becouse we can find our path on our own, and we don't want the pathfinder's path interfering with it.

Maybe the other artifacts of this fort could help us victor over the glove? We should ask about them in the brewstry. Maybe we'll get some extra insight in the gauntlet, too.

Edit:
This is usually not my style, but maybe we should take good gander of what's going on before we do anything. What is the nurse doing, is there anyone else here? Is there any nurse equipment strewn about? How much strength do we have in terms of blood loss?
Nerin has not yet woken up. It's accually more of a passive turn.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:22:19 pm by slowpokez »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 15, 2013, 09:54:58 am »

I get that. What I ment is that seeing what is happening might just be the first thing we want to do when we wake up.

Edit:
Although.. I guess we could shout "A flood is coming!"  the moment we regain conciousness. Maybe it'll startle the nurse?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:32:27 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #452 on: March 15, 2013, 06:35:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-Ahhh fuck...my head...

-How are you doing?
-...Better...I guess...
-Good. By the way how did you get wounded like that in the first place? That's not the cut of an ordinairy blade...it almost seems like you've dragged your shoulder through broken glass or someting...
-Uhmm...what?
-Huh?

What is she talking about?
Nerin calm down just a moment and don't say anything stupid. First off do we even trust her?
Well she doesnt have any connections to either the Warden or the Mayor really-no point in getting caught up in any more complicated lies.
Nah, safer to just tell her some bullshit.
Better off we could just try and move the conversation in another direction.
-Like what?
-Are you okay?

Nerin we told you to shut up for the time being, and for Armok's sake don't talk out loud all the time!
Oh yea...My shoulder's looking better though...
How about we just throw her out and avoid any further discussion all together?
No point in pissing her off really, got enough enemies as it is.
Hmmm...

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 15, 2013, 08:45:01 pm »

How would she know anything about the artifact? The healthcare has nothing to do with the mayor. Just tell her you tried to get help from the mayor to get back to your old fort but you worded things wrong and the mayor saw you as a fake and sent an assassin after you. The assassin took a slice at you but you managed to stave him off by setting his beard on fire and quickly ran away. Speaking of artifacts, ask her subtly if she knows about the lore of this fort and any important things that happened.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 16, 2013, 02:47:18 am »

How would she know anything about the artifact? The healthcare has nothing to do with the mayor. Just tell her you tried to get help from the mayor to get back to your old fort but you worded things wrong and the mayor saw you as a fake and sent an assassin after you. The assassin took a slice at you but you managed to stave him off by setting his beard on fire and quickly ran away. Speaking of artifacts, ask her subtly if she knows about the lore of this fort and any important things that happened.

Seconded.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 16, 2013, 04:22:48 am »

Yeah, let's let the doctor know we're an enemy of the mayor's.

Also, we might as well tell her it's a cut from a goblin blade. I don't see that making the situation worse.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 16, 2013, 09:43:49 am »

We might also suspect poison. And it's been a while since the injury, so sucking it out of the wound is not an option. It went somewhere... and seeing how if it went up (to the brain) we'd be dead or more insane, it must have gone down, offering a more satisfying option for removal by suction...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 16, 2013, 01:33:45 pm »

I don't think we should ask her about the artifacts/lore. Sure, she might not know about the gauntlet, but she reports to the doctor. I don't fancy having him know of it, and a question might just be all it takes to tip him off.

Edit: How about we offer the nurse a 50% share for helping us to bring our chest(of which we've lost the key so it's no longer useful for us) to the brewstry so we can sell it? I mean, Nerin seems to care only about the value of his bed and we can't use it for storage. We might as well make a few bucks of it now we have the opportunity.

Edit2: The window will probably yield more urists and be easier to carry but it'll look strange if we smash it in front of the nurse.

(It is a most likely a gem window since it's clearly not green glass, and anything above that material value is too expensive to be put into such a cheap room as this one. Going by color, I'm guessing this window was made out of morion.)

Edit3: The nurse was able to carry us back in the hospital, so she should have no trouble carrying her half of the chest.

Edit4: Maybe there's a big featherwood block in this chest, with a hole that precisely fits an important item(State secrets? Artifacts? The secrets of life and death? Hey, there must be some reason why 'our' room is out of use). It's probably better to just leave it closed and sell it, though.

Edit5: I wonder how much we can pawn off that sign for.

Edit6: Did Asscrack take his sock with him? If he didn't, we could pretend it's ours.

Edit7: Let's take a quick glance through the crack before we initiate futher converstation. Asscrack needn't know anything about us.

Edit8: Since the warden doesn't want competition within an industry, this fort probably won't have multiple brands of masonry. Should we find this is the case after consulting people in the brewstry, we could probably make a very effective skeleton key, if we find one. Antotheredit: Keep in mind that a skeleton key can lock doors just as well as opening them. It'll be a great boon if we get the mayor's men after us again.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:43:03 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 20, 2013, 02:19:24 am »

The silence I'm hearing is terrifying.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #459 on: March 20, 2013, 09:45:14 am »

You call that silence? *hints towards Afellodorf's list of posts*

Nah but really I just assumed that people were away on springbreak. :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 20, 2013, 10:30:57 am »

I'd call it terrifying, at least.

It also looks like we're through the stalement. I noticed earlier, but didn't want to add a tenth edit.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:38:17 am by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 20, 2013, 01:33:23 pm »

I'd call it terrifying, at least.

It also looks like we're through the stalement. I noticed earlier, but didn't want to add a tenth edit.

Meh, that's just background noise to me because there's so much of it.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 20, 2013, 03:01:26 pm »

Now, how do we ask the nurse about the artifacts without shouting: "I have a magic gauntlet! It is extremely powerfull! Valuable too! It wispers to me in my sleep!"?

Maybe tell her that the assilant kept shouting 'extortissus'?

Edit: If she becomes suspicious, or if she seems keen on informing the doctor, we should ask her if she wants to see it and proceed with the flirtery. Maybe drop our pants?

Edit2: Maybe tie it in with a question about the doctor? Tell her we heard he performed miracles and ask her if he owns an artifact of some sort? If she doesn't elaborate after this question, we can state "The fort has no artifact traction benches?" in confusion. "Next you're telling me there is no artifact throne either."

Edit3: Perhaps we could go full on explaining it to her, hear what she has to say then kill her, take her stuff and burn her corpse? Maybe strangle her with asscrack's sock?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:16:30 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 20, 2013, 04:10:34 pm »

You dear sir, are full of paranoia.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 20, 2013, 04:18:05 pm »

Maybe. But should we truly not be carefull about what we tell the only powerful faction from this fort that isn't after us yet? Especially since the subject concerns an extremely dangerous artifact, capable of influencing if not outright taking over its host? Not to mention we're exactly one hole in the wall away from a dwarf who wants to beat us up.

Heck, the sister has heard we want to bring elves in. I don't know how she thinks about forgein politics, but she might believe this gauntlet could make us capable of changing the fort for the worse. If she thinks we're a danger to the sovereignity of this fort, and wants to preserve it, who would she turn to? Perhaps her employer? The man who even the mayor feared? I should remind you that the mayor was previously in controll of the gauntlet and the best milita in miles.

And don't even think about outrunning the doctor. We owe him money, and one of his employees had the opportunity to use all kinds of srynges on us. There is no reason why he shouldn't have had us poisoned. We need an antidote. If he knows about the gauntlet, he's going to want it in trade.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:39:35 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 90