Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 176672 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #585 on: May 12, 2013, 10:02:48 am »

put on the gauntlet and slay the forgotten beast! just think of the profits if we butcher and process it.
How do we butcher and transport it before it rots?
Minecarts?

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 12, 2013, 10:26:25 am »

i say we learn as much as we can about this creature and only then decide what we do with it
who knows maybe we'll be able to unleash it on the fort if things go really bad

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 12, 2013, 10:37:12 am »

Minecarts?
So, we'll inconspicuously create minecart tracks back to the market, find someone willing to buy meals and bonecrafts in bulk, then proceed to sell everything without anyone becoming curious, investigating and stealing our stuff? Really, if we were that good at stealth, we might as well rob the mayor and be done with it.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 12, 2013, 12:39:49 pm »

(For a moment there, I thought that was Xiomaniax speaking.)

Hahaha, Is that supposed to be a play on my name?

Anyways, the unnamed dwarf does not appear hostile and since he looks like he's been living here for some time we could at least ask him some general questions about the area and himself (some landmarks, things to look out for, where he came from and why he's living here. Maybe he came from the fort up above but because of political tensions decided to live a more peaceful life down below?).

Also slowpokez, nice one adding a forgotten beast from the art contest. ;D

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 12, 2013, 12:41:36 pm »

Minecarts?
So, we'll inconspicuously create minecart tracks back to the market, find someone willing to buy meals and bonecrafts in bulk, then proceed to sell everything without anyone becoming curious, investigating and stealing our stuff? Really, if we were that good at stealth, we might as well rob the mayor and be done with it.

i know what your thinking and no we wont try to rob the mayor tho training our skill in stealth is wise

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 12, 2013, 01:06:28 pm »

Train it into a war animal.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 12, 2013, 01:19:58 pm »

Whoops. That's how I tend to read it. I usually remember to check whose name is spelled how whenever I write one.
i know what your thinking and no we wont try to rob the mayor tho training our skill in stealth is wise
You bet your imaginary behind we will! Not now, and not with stealth, of course. But we won't let his pile of wealth go to waste when he's executed by the elves.

Edit:
Train it into a war animal.
We should practice our training skills on our lice first, and find out how smart that thing is as well.(We don't want something that big thinking we're trying to enslave it; we shouldn't try to train it if it's sentient.)

If we do menage to train it, we need to have sufficient supplies to disguise it as something else(an elephant? a dragon? a somewhat large giant walrus?) so we don't get the fortress' guards all over us for bringing him.

Edit2: If he is sentient, we might be able to convince him to come with us. I woudn't count on it, however.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:50:25 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 12, 2013, 09:29:15 pm »

*Damn! my plot to get us to use the gauntlet and have some FUN, didn't work... time for "Plan B"*

Ehemm... yeah, we should see what we can find about the hermit guy and the forgotten beast, see if we can get it to work for us, failing that if it becomes hostile against us, use the gauntlet to slay the beast.

For all we know the gauntlet probably also grants super-strength or something like that, we could carry its carcass to a butcher shop for processing without much problem at all and before it rots.

Plus we'd get a notable kill.

*crosses fingers for forgotten beast being hostile*
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:32:27 pm by Kaos »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #593 on: May 13, 2013, 10:09:03 am »

Put up the poll.

(For a moment there, I thought that was Xiomaniax speaking.)

I just realised I got it wrong aswell. :P
Anyways, the unnamed dwarf does not appear hostile and since he looks like he's been living here for some time we could at least ask him some general questions about the area and himself (some landmarks, things to look out for, where he came from and why he's living here. Maybe he came from the fort up above but because of political tensions decided to live a more peaceful life down below?).

Also slowpokez, nice one adding a forgotten beast from the art contest. ;D
You saw my trademark? :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 14, 2013, 03:19:08 pm »

Looks like talking with Urist McUnnamed is a clear winner.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #595 on: May 15, 2013, 11:55:24 am »

-How come you've decided to live down here all alone?
-The new era doesn't suit me.
-New era?
-You're too young to understand.
-Huh?
-It is all the Gray king's fault.
-But he is long dead.
-Yes, but he started this whole...thing. This thing were dwarves try and be like humans.
-What's wrong with humans?
-You see! You see! Todays young know nothing of dwarven ideals. Much like humans you just want to go around and smell good and buy things and...
-What are you trying to say?
-It wasn't like this beofore! All dwarves worked together. Everyone was on the same side working towards a common goal now...
-I'd like that too.
-Well, how would that work! You don't even have the same god anymore! What ever happned to Armok!?
-That's just a legend?
-Oh, you stupid illiterate boy. Don't you know any history?
-No.
-...none?
-None.

-...sigh.
-You seem to know a lot, know anything about artifacts?
-...what?
-You know like magical tools made by crazy dwarves.
-Yes...it's the work of Armok.
-Isn't Armok dead?
-Common missconception. Armok lost the battle of the gods but he didn't die, he was imprisoned deep down within the heart of the earth. He cannot spread chaos like he used to but...sometimes his insanity reaches us dwarves. Not because he has chosen us...no Armok only loves chaos...but because we're the closest to him.

This guy is crazy.
So are you.
...Touché

-Well, do you know of any artifacts around?
-No, I don't know much about this world anymore.
-By the way, you have something to trade? I'm kinda thirsty?
No, my hideout is at a secret location. If you knew the location it is no longer secret, if it's no longer secret I can no longer hide there and what good is a hideout if one can't hide there?
-uhmm, no good...I guess. It be like a house then...
-Yes.
-And who would like to live in a house, haha.

He has no sense of humor...
Because your jokes suck Nerin.
We could flirt with Urist Mc.Nameless, but I personally think he's to likely to rob us if we bed him.
-For fuck sake!

-?
-Oh, I'm not talking to you.
-This helps confusion, clears memory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd never take something from a guy like that.
Maybe...
He doesn't appear hostile but it might just be a trick...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 15, 2013, 12:29:04 pm »

Well, if he'd want us dead, he'd have strangled us from behind or put something sharp through our throat while we were looking at the forgotten beast. Let's take out our pipe and try to smoke that pipe in it. Maybe we want the sock(that, aparantly, I kicked out after I lit it and threw it at the hairy dwarf) in there as well? On a second thought, Nerin having memories is far more usefull than getting along with some old dude. We have plenty of old dudes to get along with already, anyway.

Edit: We could pretend we don't know what smoking is, try to eat the contents of the pipe, then spit them out becouse they taste foul. He doesn't know much about the world, anyway. Smoking might've been abolished for all he knows.

Edit2: In lieu of him not knowing a thing about the world of today, perhaps we could torment him by pretending the dwarves have started to act like elves? Look at the pipe for a few seconds, then act like an offended elf. "In the sun's name!(cause we love the surface, of course) You murdered a tree to make that pipe, didn't you? And that stick too! Oh no, I've been chatting with a cultureless barbarian!"

Edit3: If he doesn't believe us, we should tell him the elves took over quite recently, and are using some form of mind controll."But I've always agreed with their views. Especially since they planted those nuts in my head, greatest thing that's ever happened to me!"

Edit4: Wait a second,
-It wasn't like this beofore! All dwarves worked together. Everyone was on the same side working towards a common goal now...
This man is in league with the warden! He might even be the warden! We need to watch out for his tricks.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:14:26 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 15, 2013, 01:31:45 pm »

Edit4: Wait a second,
This man is in league with the warden! He might even be the warden! We need to watch out for his tricks.

What are you going on about man? He hasn't been up there in ages.

I myself am curious as to the properties of that mysterious substance in the pipe. I think Nerin should at least try it to see if it would calm his nerves. Personally I think it will remove any evil influences *cough* AfellowDwarf *cough*.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 15, 2013, 01:36:37 pm »

So he says. If we believed everything everone ever told us, we'd be knee deep in trouble and our own intestines by now. And even if he hasn't gone up in ages, that doesn't mean the Warden and his men haven't been down. The warden is the only guy who believes in this "work and eat" crap, here. Maybe it's a coïncedence. Maybe the forgotten beast is just a hallucination. Maybe. It doesn't mean we should go right where they'd want us, be it a mouth or drug-induced slavery.

Edit:
I myself am curious as to the properties of that mysterious substance in the pipe. I think Nerin should at least try it to see if it would calm his nerves. Personally I think it will remove any evil influences *cough**cough*.
If so, we should pour it into the gauntlet and see if the smoke stops, or turns into a different color. We'll need to light the stuff on fire, of course. Gesuntheid.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:50:40 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 15, 2013, 02:00:48 pm »

So he says. If we believed everything everone ever told us, we'd be knee deep in trouble and our own intestines by now. And even if he hasn't gone up in ages, that doesn't mean the Warden and his men haven't been down. The warden is the only guy who believes in this "work and eat" crap, here. Maybe it's a coïncedence. Maybe the forgotten beast is just a hallucination. Maybe. It doesn't mean we should go right where they'd want us, be it a mouth or drug-induced slavery.

You're too paranoid. If you're so worried he can always try it away from him. Also, do you really think that the warden would even bother to go down here where there is a forgotten beast? How could it be a hallucination if multiple people can see it? Easiest way to find out is to throw a rock at it, not that I recommend it. All in all just because something may have happened doesn't mean it really did. Worrying about what you don't know doesn't lead you anywhere and will only make him end up crazier than before which is why you should try to keep on going even if you're not sure of the outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 90