Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177113 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #675 on: June 26, 2013, 08:04:44 am »

Then let us wear the gauntlet and fight those crundles!
Look at what you're saying, man. You're suggesting we use the mind corrupting super-weapon on what is basically one step up from rabbits.

Rabbits that could kill us very messily. And I see a distinct lack of Holy Hand Grenades in our inventory.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:39 am »

Look at what you're saying, man. You're suggesting we use the mind corrupting super-weapon on what is basically one step up from rabbits.
Rabbits that could kill us very messily. And I see a distinct lack of Holy Hand Grenades in our inventory.
The feet beneath our legs are most certainly present, though.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 26, 2013, 07:53:41 pm »

let's try on the gauntlet! it's a whole pack of crundles, didn't you notice the glaring eyes in the background?
Risky. The gauntlet crundle would normally have no reason to betray its kin. We'd be betting on some pretty bitter rivalry with the rest of the group.

this is what I meant, trying it on ourselves to fight the crundles with it, not using one of the crundles as a test subject. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 26, 2013, 07:59:39 pm »

Isn't a pack of crundles dangerous? either way, if they are the gauntlet may be our only chance to avoid getting ripped apart to pieces, and if they're as harmless as bunnies it wouldn't require much power from the gauntlet itself but would allow us to test it in a relatively safe environment and with minimal side effects.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 27, 2013, 06:58:33 am »

Isn't a pack of crundles dangerous? either way, if they are the gauntlet may be our only chance to avoid getting ripped apart to pieces, and if they're as harmless as bunnies it wouldn't require much power from the gauntlet itself but would allow us to test it in a relatively safe environment and with minimal side effects.
We don't know how the amount of usage is related to side effects. The hospital is a relatively safe enviroment to test the effects of unknown substances when injected in our bloodstream, but it's better not to do it.

Edit
Maybe we can use the flour as a smoke-bomb of sorts, after we've distracted the crundles. Just empty it in front of us and run.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:28:45 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #680 on: July 05, 2013, 07:19:57 pm »

Ah well sorry 'bout my recent absence, met this girl who I've been spending a lot of time with lately. Well sometimes you gotta put rl-stuff first, might do an update tomorrow though.
Wow...^that^ was surprisingly short n concise to be written by me, soberness truly is the bane of imagination.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 05, 2013, 11:54:28 pm »

Girlfriend > internet. I forgive you.
Now hurry up and update.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 06, 2013, 12:09:49 pm »

It's fine, absolutely. I'm looking forward to the update.

Though, if you'd be so kind to post a warning message before long periods of time rather then after, I'd appreciate it. I almost went mad with worry. ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:14:14 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #683 on: July 06, 2013, 02:19:27 pm »

Awww shit! Why didnt you warn me of this stuff!?
Wasnt the big walrus-thingie enough of a warning?
Well...what the fuck do I do! I can't fight that!
let's try on the gauntlet! it's a whole pack of crundles, didn't you notice the glaring eyes in the background?
There's more!?
Of course they move in packs.
Nope! I'm leaving!
Run like a horde of crundles is chasing us!
We could also try running like a happy little girl.
Who is chased by a horde of crundles!
In a way she views as playful, yes.
What the fuck are you on about!!!???
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
By some strange stroke of luck Nerin later manages to outrun his persuers, the power of fear is quite remarkable...
-ugghghhhh huuuuhhh uhh huhuhuh....
That was surprisingly fast...
I didn't know you had it in you Nerin!
You just missed an excellent chance for a short rumble with crudles...Pitiful! Never turn down a crundlerumble!
What...sigh... at least it's not whores again...
What's wrong with whores all of a sudden?
No.. It's.....For fuck sake I just need a beer!
OHhh calm down there big guy...no reason to get all upset.
I couldve died!!!
Well the brewstery I guess? Or are you planning a drinking-adventure where you visit aaaaalllll the drinking places?
What, no? You realise that I'm on the run from pretty much everyone around here at the moment?
pfff
 *Managed to reach the bar without too many problems along the way*
By armok's beard! What's going on in here!?
A FIGHT!
Is that Esmar?
*BAAAMMM*  *Something breaks behind Nerin*
Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse!? Who are all these people!?
-Think We'd go down without a fight!?
The warden mutters something about poor luck as a dozen of his rag-tag militia stream in through the gaping whole where the Brewstery-door had been a few moments ago.
-Let's bring 'em hell! They can't fight worth shit!
Suddently the clumpsy forces of the warden charge in but meets a surprising resistance from the unknown residents of the bar.
There's a clear difference in skill.
However superior numbers are not to be underestimated.
-Hey...blueergg..Hey, boss... kill this guy... boss...come
In one swift motion daggers appears from underneath the coat of the dwarf leading the resistance.
No hesitation.
Just a few seconds later half of the militia was slaughtered and most of the other dwarves were nowhere to be seen. The warden left as the fighting begun but smoker, Brewster and Esmar just disappeared during the commotion.

What...wha..
Nerin calm down!
But...
You gotta do something!
Like what?
Find out what happned to the others!

*Chiiiing* Metal striking metal right next to Nerin.

Kill that guy!
Who!?
The warden's guy!
No, kill the other one! The warden's looking for him, you might be able to trade his head for a pardon!
That's stupid, we'd still have the mayor to worry about!
Fuck all that! Nerin just run out the door and leave this mess!
Look for the others, if they escaped then they probably know what's going on!
Orgy? Anyone? Ok...
Fight both?

All right, you know the drill! What's the next course of action?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 06, 2013, 02:35:22 pm »

GO PURPLE.
Look for tea.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 06, 2013, 04:08:04 pm »

Wait.. Pointy nose-man is the warden?

Both sides are trouble. The warden won't employ someone he percieves as merely lucky* if he has the manpower to enforce slavery, the latter is more desireable for him, after all.

*We won't seem competent by breaking this stalement. Doing so takes no skill and can easily be seen as an act of panic.

The resistance on the other hand, can be deduced to be bastards. Clearly, they did not get along with our friends: Esmar is a combatant and pipedwarf has enough connections to own a weapon he could pull. They fled, therefore they are not allies. Since they are not allies, and Esmar has been hit, it must've been chair-leg that did the deed. Thus, they are not friends to the people, and this is not a ploy to overthrow tyranny, but merely a power grab.

I say we grab the neatest helmet from the nearest dead dwarf and run for Brewster and Esmar. We really shouldn't take anything you traditionally hold in your hand; we don't want anyone to take us for a combatant.'

Also, if there's no-one between the Warden's guy and the door, we should pull down his pants and snatch his belt.

Uhhmmm I kinda lost this picture...well...the background and the colored version at least...here's a rough sketch...JUST USE YOUR IMAGINATION
Oh, those crundles are just like rabbits. No wonder Nerin could outrun them.

..What's- eugh! Dear amok! Brewster! That's just so fricking horrible. I did not want to see that. Ease down on the gore, will you? I think I just puked a little inside my mouth.

Edit
We could try to put the door back in place, then find stuff to bar it with.

Edit2:
I wonder if Brewster would appreciate it if we brought him his door?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:19:15 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 07, 2013, 02:22:21 am »

Awesome update!! (even though there weren't whores in it...)

Now seriously, I agree we should go find the Brewster and Esmar, at least we know these guys are our friends, and find out what's going on with the resistance gang guys, I'm inclined to take a shot at the Warden and gain the resistance gang as allies but we need info first from people we can trust.

Also loot whatever shiny expensive things we can get during the confusion, we can use them or trade with the pipe-dwarf later.

We are missing opportunities here, if we'd have tried the gauntlet on the crundles we could potentially use it in situations like this, take out the Warden first, if the other guys turn out to be good we gain an ally, if they turn out to be evil, take them out too, then loot all their belongings and trade them to the pipe-dwarf... but nooooo.... we had to run like scared little girls from a harmless pack of crundles...

We should start getting some armour gear, helmet, breastplate, gauntlets, high boots, etc... if we get in a brawl like this we're going to either get a dagger to the gut or and axe to the brain.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:25:30 am by Kaos »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 07, 2013, 05:59:50 am »

I'm inclined to take a shot at the Warden and gain the resistance gang as allies but we need info first from people we can trust.
The warden already left, I'm afraid.

Also loot whatever shiny expensive things we can get during the confusion, we can use them or trade with the pipe-dwarf later.
I'd say we shouldn't take Brewster's stuff. Just the things on the corpses.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 07, 2013, 12:43:02 pm »

I don't know who the other guy is but he is in the same pickle as us with the warden. If the wardens man is taken out then you can at least see whats going on and see if there is anything on the dead wardens men that explains the situation.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 07, 2013, 02:04:32 pm »

These are really odd numbers of sloths to choose from.

Edit:
Though I'm in favor of getting out of here, we could dress ourselves as the warden's man if we kill him. We'd tell the warden we were badly wounded and was brought to the doctor, who performed a radical medical procedure which deformed our body. We were onconcious and don't know how he did it. Then, we tell the warden we might have a way of accuiring the gauntlet(perhaps reffering to it as the major's artifact gauntlet), and would like to speak with him in private. Then, of course, we kill him.

Edit2:
If the wardens man is taken out then you can at least see whats going on and see if there is anything on the dead wardens men that explains the situation.
Asking our friends about what's going on would also inform us, but without the disatvantage of aligning ourselves with the rebels. As far as we know now, we're not high on the warden's priority list.

Hmm, maybe if we hid our face with the handkerkief before we end the stalement in the resistance's favor? It'd leave our options open, and having the resistance around would distract the warden from us.

Edit3:
That gives me an idea; the fake beards for the prisoners could be made from cloth soaked in sticky substance(drink should probably work), then rubbed in the hair. It'd probably be easier then using candlewax.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:47:54 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 90