Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177072 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #780 on: August 30, 2013, 08:54:10 am »

Guys, could we give Nerin a strange mood? I think we should.
Hmm, I think I know where you're going with that, but this is not the place. We might get deprived of resources by the main powers here.
If we make an artifact, I'm a proponent of menacing spikes of bimutonous coal. We'd be able to light those on fire.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:56:50 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 30, 2013, 01:16:00 pm »

We are already quite close to Elves with our herbology and animal training knowledge and interests, I say if we get a woodcrafter mood we'd have to travel to them and make something epic.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 30, 2013, 01:22:36 pm »

We are already quite close to Elves with our herbology and animal training knowledge and interests, I say if we get a woodcrafter mood we'd have to travel to them and make something epic.
While I agree we share intrests with the elves, I'm not sure if they'll aprove of dwarven woodcrafting. I mean, they're elves.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 31, 2013, 05:03:46 pm »

While I agree we share intrests with the elves, I'm not sure if they'll aprove of dwarven woodcrafting. I mean, they're elves.
I know! We could make Nerin shave his beard, cut his ears into a pointy shape and pretend to be an elf, then he could make a living selling the dwarven woodcrafts to the elves saying the crafts were produced by elves...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 31, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »

I know! We could make Nerin shave his beard, cut his ears into a pointy shape and pretend to be an elf, then he could make a living selling the dwarven woodcrafts to the elves saying the crafts were produced by elves...
Maybe if we save up some money and let the doctor do it? That'd be safer then dabbling self-surgery, and the result would probably be prettier. He might also be able to do a pernament shave.

Edit:
The doctor might be anti-elf. He'll probably be more inclined to agree if we get him use some Jesterherb before asking. (If we were to distill it, he could inject it directly into his bloodstream, saving time.)

Edit2:
Journeying to the elves doesn't involve breaking the elf out of jail first, does it? He could give us nonvague directions and apease the local elves. (I'm not the one who voted 'something else', mind you.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:02:22 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 04, 2013, 04:25:04 pm »

Go to the Elves, no surgery. We don't want that much crazy anywhere near us, least of all with a scapel.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 04, 2013, 10:46:48 pm »

I leave and insanity takes over.  :o

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 05, 2013, 12:10:26 pm »

Just a quick thought: What if we fail to find the elves? We have no companions, so we would have to hurry to the fort. Would we be able to gain back entry on our terms?

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #788 on: September 06, 2013, 09:56:29 am »

So what are we doing here? Attempting a prison breakin or are we simply venturing into the wild unknowingly? :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 06, 2013, 10:34:58 am »

I'm pro-prison, myself.Though I suppose that maybe it's possible for that to go wrong too, somehow..

Maybe make another poll?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:38:21 am by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 06, 2013, 10:41:23 am »

Either way we have Wilfred, so we're not alone  ;) I say we go back to the dungeon, it's the last place the mayor's men would look for us. Get a hooded cloak or two, and rope. Ask the Elf why he's locked up (it's a he, right?), it might be more than just unintentional trespassing while being an Elf. If he's harmless to us, let him out, along with the other two idiots (suspected vampire and tied up goblin) if they insist. It would be best to get rid of those two in a fatal manner, especially the goblin.

Then concealed with the hooded cloaks, us and the elf (no fake beard necessary, it will try to pass for a female dwarf) will go up the stairwell from page 34 and use the upper entrance to simply walk from this pustule of a city fortress.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:46:30 am by Tirion »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 06, 2013, 10:48:31 am »

Then concealed with the hooded cloaks, us and the elf (no fake beard necessary, it will try to pass for a female dwarf) will go up the stairwell and use the upper entrance to simply walk from this pustule of a city fortress.
Hmm. Passing him as a female is a good thought. Maybe we should give him fake breasts? Tie the rope around his waist and put the flour sack in?

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #792 on: September 10, 2013, 03:32:50 pm »

Suddently after hours upon hours of "reading" or rather "looking at squiggly lines while being forced to listen to the mumbling noise of my madness internal discussions" we finally reached a conclusion where upon some voices exclaimed in unison that the time to leave Silverdrop had come. At first I found the entire notion quite reasonable since my reputation was perhaps not the best over here however giving it some thought I realized that the reason why I was staying here in the first place is beacause I simply have nowhere else to go. After a few minutes of getting the voices attention and then a few more for keeping it I finally managed to relay my opinion. As usual my ideas where quickly shot down by a tiny bit of reasoning and a lot of shouting, apparantly we were somehow going to travel north and find the elves. The entire idea was somehow loosly based off of the fact that after reading a book upon cave fungi and other plants realted to the dwarven way of living I was now so in touch with nature that there was no other choice than to leave civilization and go live with the elves...I strongly opposed the plans related to revisiting the mad doctor but luckily I did not have the funds for such an adventure. The paranoid one had been strangly quiet for a while, never a good sign. But just as my mind wandered upon its strange ideas in the past it abruptly shouted out a lot of things involving a prisonbreak and advacned surgery. After somewhat picking apart the the original plan we were left with the fact that having an elf might not be such a bad idea if we were going to see the elves and the surgery had been reduced to some sort of disguise.

*The plan was set in motion*
Things proceeded smoothly as the area outside the jailcell was fairly unpopulated, there weren't even any guards around making the goblin and the angry dwarf the largest obstacles. I leaned forward to have a peek at the situation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well...good and bad news, the elf is alone but the elf look like shit.

So...what's the plan now?
We try n found out what happned here, think I saw a bit o blood in there.
Well...*gulp*

-Hey,
-What? Who are you!?
-shhh~
-Yes...why are you here?
-What happned here?...the other two?
-You're the guy who threw stuff at us!?

Oh...yea...uhmm I kinda did that right...what do I tell him?
It was a failed breakout attempt, we're here to try again.

-Uhmm, yea that...I tried to free you before...
-The dwarf...he went on a rampage...
-oh
-Killed the goblin and almost killed me too...
-I'm sorry, couldn't you defend yourself? You're a criminal after all.

Elves are whimps.
An elf could never beat a dwarf, hahahha.
Ok guys...

-I'm not a criminal!
-Shhhhh quiet, then why are you in jail?
-You dwarves are horribly unfair!
-What?
-I've done nothing wrong and you lock me up here with the scum of the earth!
-Calm down, what happned?
-Back in Seraté where I have my residence I had long heard of how the dwarves mistreat nature, cutting down beatiful trees and killing defenceless animals! So I picked up my lute and traveled here with a local caravan to protest aginst this abomination you refer to as "woodcutting"-

Nerin slap the shit outta him!
Noooo we need him!
That pansy is fucking crazy!...and not the good kind of crazy!
I'm not going to slap him -___-

...cont. and then that is when I first saw someone cutting down a tree...it was traumatizing! I was filled with such an unbelievable rage, I couldn't even contain it! So I rushed towards them and pulled out my lute. What followed was an truly epic battle of wills for no matter how evil my enemy was I wasn't alone for I had the fury and the passion of my entire people behind me, on that day a lute was played like a lute had never been played before. I'll demonstrate a bit-

-For the earth we live and love~
-We are the planters of our own destiny~
-today is the action No tomorrow~
-for the permanence of all living in our realm~

Please make him stoooop!
Okay, okay...

-Hey...uhmm...yea you can stop now...you know where the key is?
-Oh, it's there around the corner.
-What...but then anyone can just take it...
-Sure.
-But why haven't you gotten out earlier.
-Why would people help me? I'm an elf *flips ears*

*Unlocks the gate*

Well, that was surprisingly easy. Good job Nerin.
...Thanks.
It's not over yet, we need to get him out of here.
Ahhhh...some sort of disguise, sneaky.
...uhmm...any ideas guys?
Hmmm...he's too tall to be a dwarf...and his ears looks stupid,...CUT OFF HIS EARS AND LEGS!
No no no no no!
I don't think that's a good idea either...
Maybe a hood?
Yea...
Quiet peasants! For I shall-
Hurry up eh?
For the love of Armok shut up while I'm talking! For I shall now grace your ears with the most exceptional plan that has ever been forged in the history of this puny world! ...
We dress him up as a woman. *short pause while while awaiting the cheering to commence*

What...
I'm not following...
Not this again...

Later on we accually decide to go for the paranoid ones suggestion as we lacked any other options...
The results were...disturbing...

...oh god
...I can't even handle this shit
...what...what...this is utter blasphemy...
...If I had eyes this would be the where I'd cut them out...
...now this I like :D

And with that our newly formed party ventured forward...
No real obstacles were met along the way however some...situations arose...

Outside the sun shone brighter than ever and a feeling of anxiousness came over me as the wind softly flowed throghout my beard...
Not once did I look back, not once did I say farewell. Eyes set on the horizon and a heart set on adventure.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:08:50 pm by slowpokez »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 10, 2013, 04:11:37 pm »

Well, we don't want to get in a fight with the elf over an apple; there's no doctors in this wilderness.

Did the elf get naucious after leaving the fort? He could be cave-adapted.

Let's also inform about tree-speak. Will they give notice when bandits are coming?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 11, 2013, 03:16:00 pm »

Well, we have never cut any wood, so we'll be fine ;) I suggest asking him about his culture, anything could be useful when we go among them.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 90