Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 125503 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!
« Reply #975 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:08 am »

The shame.

Nerjin. I don't believe it. You. From the start. Then your methods for convincing?

Shame.

I...
I'll just hope the shame of failing so hard on multiple levels of existence will cause you to leave this board forever like Darvi did.
This doesn't necessarily complete this, but...I'm just disappointed. Curse me again for not following my intuition.

Edit: The flavor. So compelling.

And then me :/ Welp. S'all my fault.

Damnit. Knew that there was something up with NQT's closure.

Double edit: What happened to Toaster?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:17:42 am by Tiruin »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 16, 2013, 08:54:38 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

e: We did have a system for not double-sabotaging in place, but there was no system for vote jumping.  I only thought of that after the spy chat was locked.  A shame, because we could have won at Week 3 Day 1 otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:57:31 am by Leafsnail »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 16, 2013, 09:02:48 am »

Scumchat link. Please.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 16, 2013, 09:03:49 am »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 16, 2013, 09:23:53 am »

It was obvious. It was darn obvious since D5 start. LS was pointing it out. Nerjin was hinting at it post-Toony-SPYWINALERT...

A shame, because we could have won at Week 3 Day 1 otherwise.
More preferable.

Edit: NQT. I'm so sorry for doubting you. Or whatever else came up.

Why wasn't I shot instead. Oh right, its because I don't deserve the honor and dignity of death.

That is some truthful flavor GG. Very true.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:34:21 am by Tiruin »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 16, 2013, 09:49:46 am »

...Well played, Nerjin. Well played.

Same to LS and ZU.

Badly played, Toony. Copycatting LS for the entire game wasn't the smartest thing to do.

FUCKING ATROCIOUSLY PLAYED, TIRUIN.

Riddle me this, spies: why did ZU downvote LS's team that would have won them the game and why did both Nerjin and LS downvote Ford's team which would have done exactly the same?

Also, in the future I think that one of the following rules should be instituted to balance things out: 1) all spies on a mission must sabotage so that town would learn the exact number of spies there; 2) there is a single person who nullifies a sabotage if he's on the mission (double awesome if both the first and the second rules are instituted); 3) spies don't get a chat; 4) there are simply more missions and more chances for rebels to win.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:51:42 am by Dariush »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 16, 2013, 10:00:51 am »

I hate to say I told you so- ah, who am I kidding, I was absolutely right about Nerjin. I feel vindicated that my reasoning was absolutely correct. And getting Tiruin pegged as town too! Guess it's a shame you lot never listened.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 16, 2013, 10:09:15 am »

I don't think anything needs to be changed at all. Honestly, this game seemed to be town's to lose... and lose it they did. It felt like everyone suddenly decided to stop trying after Toaster's team proposal except for NQT - Not that his scumhunting was pretty good. I can not BELIEVE you just let Nerjin's BS responses slide as much as you did, NQT! There was essentially no scumhunting at all these last days, and the fast there there was near complete consensus except for someone who WASN'T playing much like a spy (NQT) didn't set anyone off?

Overall, I think this demonstrated, though, that the game is a lot more balanced than might have been suspected at the beginning. It provides incredibly useful amounts of information.

I'd also go with the person who mentioned that NOT declaring your votes in advance works out much, much better for town. Everyone declaring their votes really just increases the information advantage the spies already possess.

Riddle me this, spies: why did ZU downvote LS's team that would have won them the game and why did both Nerjin and LS downvote Ford's team which would have done exactly the same?
Should they have stated positions that would have made them suspicious, or jumped and hoped no one pulled anything like Captain Ford did? ZU DID change his vote to a gamewinner... and when it failed to win the game became obvscum.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 16, 2013, 10:35:50 am »

You contradicted yourself: first you said that calling your votes is beneficial to the spies, and immediatly added that ZU obvscummed himself by votejumping, which wouldn't have happened if he didn't call his vote.

The current setup is not balanced. The first day is basically lost to the rebels, since they have absolutely no information on which to base their teams beyond 'this guy looks trustworthy by his interactions with people'. It is a piece of cake to slip a spy into the team that is more or less random, if biased towards more experienced players who can provoke the Jimbot syndrome. If you don't want to do anything else, then please at least make only the first week's team display the precise number of spies in it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 16, 2013, 10:40:05 am »

Nerjin legitimately fooled me after I perfectly pinned him at the start (and his reaction was so much better than NQT's back in Week4), but I have to say for shame on how poorly I feel Tiruin and NQT played.  Especially NQT, for utterly convincing me Nerjin was a rebel.

It didn't help that Nerjin and Leafsnail tossed the game W3D1

What were my options here?  I really didn't want LS on the team since he has been suspicious this entire game, and all I had left was Tiruin and NQT.  Who were basically acting as masons to one another.  It's ridiculous...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:42 am »

Remember that spies can't communicate except in the main thread like everyone else. I doubt they tossed the game on purpose - but rather, they weren't sure enough of a guaranteed victory to effectively lose their chance at being labeled a rebel.

With the way you guys handled voting, all out in the open, following the vote was incredibly easy and tempting for the scum (I'd imagine). It also rendered almost any information gleaned from voting useless. NQT's identifying the factor of the /team picks/ was the only reasonable chunk of mechanical analysis done this game, in my opinion. Of course, he then failed to follow it up with any proper scumhunting at all... so Nerjin got off looking fine.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 16, 2013, 11:12:15 am »

I'm fairly suspicious of Nerjin, if he's content with a team choice (even if it's the first legitimate roll) then I will say I'm sure there's at least a spy in that group.  I don't see the problem with this reasoning.
Something I noticed.
Way to go, the scum got lucky.  I'm sure at least one of those three players is a spy.
You could say this and you would be right 5/6 of the time.
Am I right ZU?
Toaster/Leafsnail/Tiruin is a really tough choice and I can't say who, if I had to make an order it would go...errrmm Toaster>Tiruin=Leafsnail.  Leafsnail feels like BYOR11 (this applies to Toaster too, but I would judge not as much) and Tiruin feels like Prince's Guard.
Thus ZU is still totally a spy and Tiruin is still suspicious.
So I think we're getting a general idea of who the scum team are, but we're probably wrong on one of the players at least.  ZU is my sure bet for scum so I don't want any team he proposes or him on any team.
ToonyMan: You've been consistent in reading NQT and ZU as spies. Consistently wrong that is. This isn't a question, I just wanted to say you'll be kicking yourself when this is all over (that is, unless you're a spy).
How do you know ZU isn't a spy?  Anyway, I was going to do this in the first place so I'll humor you with the Toaster/Leafsnail/Nerjin(you could probably switch Nerjin with Ford but Ford is so all-over-the-place and Nerjin has the actual Up vote) scum team.
The Nerjin team doesn't really stand out.
The Tiruin team doesn't really stand out.
The Dariush team doesn't really stand out.
The Captain Ford team would make no sense with every single spy down-voting their victory for the third win they could have EASILY acquired at that point.
The Leafsnail team looks pretty scummy, but right after the Captain Ford team it just makes no sense either.
@ZU:
Basing on what you say here:
What do you guys think about a Toony, Ford, Dariush, Nerjin team?
At least one of these people is a spy. I know I'm a rebel, and if we assume Toaster has to be town now (otherwise we've already lost) then that means at least either Ford, Dariush, or Nerjin is a spy.  At least one of them is a rebel because ZU isn't on this team.
I'll be really mad if this passes and Nerjin is a spy and we just lose right there.  This is why I would really like instead for Toaster to do a Toony/Toaster/Ford/Dariush team tomorrow while almost confirmed spy ZU's team fails (and Dariush to stop thinking I'm a spy for no reason).
I'm serious, are we really going to let this team pass BY ZOMBIE when we could make it a lot safer tomorrow?  I don't see any reason to let this pass because I'm smelling extreme suspicion here.  There is no reason the spies would accept this team IF it's genuine and they know they won't be able to do anything tomorrow.
The team right now is Toony/Toaster/Ford/Nerjin and I feel fairly confident in the town-ness of everybody but Nerjin.  I know I'm displaying a lot of doubt here, but this is a very climatic time!
I'm more annoyed at what HAS happened than what COULD happen.
What a dangerous way to think.
Fuck me

Remember that spies can't communicate except in the main thread like everyone else. I doubt they tossed the game on purpose - but rather, they weren't sure enough of a guaranteed victory to effectively lose their chance at being labeled a rebel.
Yep, it's safer that way.  I know LS was talking about that and why he still up-voted ZU's team, but I don't think the spies are coordinated masterminds.  It's certainly more likely NQT is a spy, but he's been up-voting almost every single team (like Tiruin).  It's quite possible you voted down without realizing your partners were going for it along with oblivious NQT and me.
This is why I'm asking Toaster about his Dariush read, since Dariush qualifies that same way you do in this case.
I'd like to remove any possibilities of the town losing this.
My true scum-hunting self is hating me right now.

Uh I'd be more upset over losing the game then some dumb WIFOM shit.
I am.  ;_;

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 16, 2013, 11:22:35 am »

Especially NQT, for utterly convincing me Nerjin was a rebel.
I can say the exactly same thing about you on W1 and the way you tunneled Nerjin.

Who's up for a round of Shift the Blame? Everyone's invited. Except for the spies and Ford, that is.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 16, 2013, 11:26:18 am »

HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Seriously though I didn't do too well... Good game everyone.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 16, 2013, 11:27:22 am »

Especially NQT, for utterly convincing me Nerjin was a rebel.
I can say the exactly same thing about you on W1 and the way you tunneled Nerjin.
Who's up for a round of Shift the Blame? Everyone's invited. Except for the spies and Ford, that is.
It's okay to shift the blame when you know you were wrong...arggh....
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67