Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should be the next primary goal?

Combat drugs, chemistry, venoms and antidotes
Domestic robots (healers, cleaners, cyberdogs, robobrain)
Overhaul of good areas (terraformed)
New semimegabeast and megabeast types
Secrets and mutations (vampires, pyromancy, telekinesis etc)
More minor races (slavers, treeminders, evil ghouls)
More industry (concrete factory, cryogenics, trading post)
Advanced adventure mode crafting
Post-war geology (concrete, debris, radioactive waste, stashes)
Dfhack (poisoned weapons, companion order, other plugins)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56

Author Topic: [0.34.x] FALLOUT MOD || Post-apocalypse || A nuclear adventure!  (Read 128031 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [FALLOUT 2.6] || Post-apocalypse || A nuclear adventure!
« Reply #720 on: May 17, 2014, 06:15:49 am »

Is it an issue of this embark only? You could have crazy stuff happening underground. Normally I have around 150-200 FPS on starting embarks.

By the way, does increasing the game speed help with fps?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 17, 2014, 12:54:19 pm »

Weird, I'm having the ultra-low FPS problem again.  Just 7 dwarves and FPS on the low 30s.  Its weird, its a sparsely populated savannah, there aren't many animals or trees.  Pretty weird.

Most likely got some crazy shit happening underground you can't see. Like a horde of crundles or something similar.

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 17, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »

Is it an issue of this embark only? You could have crazy stuff happening underground. Normally I have around 150-200 FPS on starting embarks.

By the way, does increasing the game speed help with fps?

Edit: could be the embark, because other more busy sites have higher FPS.  I haven't pierced the caverns yet. It's a flat savannah with only two mountains.  About 20 carps and other water creatures.  I set FPS at 200 but the game seems to stabilize at 60, the same with the FPS set at a 100.  Really weird. 

Edit2: It was the embark.  I went to a different site and I'm getting solid 130 fps.  The only problem is that the game is very crashy when migrants or merchants arrive. 

Edit3: Yep, dunno what to do as the game is basically unplayable for me.  Reinstalled the mod from the site and still get a crash when the second batch of migrants arrive.  Was getting decent FPS too. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:42:54 am by Terry Lennox »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 22, 2014, 12:17:52 am »

That's a bit sad, because I've managed to play to year 5 twice without any crashes. Does playing without DFHack cause the same crash?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 22, 2014, 05:52:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure my crashes are immigrant related, but cant isolate it.  My best guess is Albinos and Super-humans, as they have such a low chance of appearing.  Do either of them call DFHack scripts? If so, it might be something wonky with my computer messing up DFHack.  I'm going to try genning a world with those two removed and see how long I can force migrant arrival until it crashes.
EDIT: nope...still crashes after 4-5 migrant waves even with those castes removed...maybe it's something they're bringing with them?  A pet or item?  blugh, wish the errorlogger would catch it.

I also noticed that while Raiders and Enclave have all of the fleshing-out extras for the other castes...only standard male and female are initialized, so that's all that get spawned.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:02:34 pm by JediaKyrol »

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 22, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »

I think you are onto something Deon.  I removed the dfhack.init file and reloaded the game that would definitely crash at the first immigrant wave and was able to play onto the next season.  Its really odd.  I'm not sure if my problem is the same as JediaKyrol but they seem related.  I would suggest you try removing the dfhack.init file  and see if the game runs longer without it.  Its really odd. 

FPS-wise, I think I nailed what the problem is: I was embarking on sites that had major rivers running which caused massive FPS loss.  The map I'm currently running only has a small stream on it.  Also my current map is kind of small, the first cavern layer is Z-10 down and magma is down at -40. 

Do you know which category does gunpowder containers fall under?  Its stuck in my Scrapyard after salvaging some scrap.  Lastly I think I may have found an omission, I accidentally bought a cave crocodile blood barrel and its stuck at the trade depot even though I have a a food stockpile that accepts all animal extracts (except milk).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 23, 2014, 07:06:08 am »

The issue is that it works for me without crashes, so it seems to be system-specific to what dfhack does %).

Can you provide a save just before the crash or close to it so I could test it on different computers in virtual lab at work?

I will check the last 2 questions when I come back home.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 23, 2014, 07:50:02 am »

I got a problem with advfort, asked in the advfort thread and they didnt answer me.
I made the carpenters workbench and I tried to make my adventurer craft some planks,
however, all he does is pick up the logs and go to the workbench, then the timer goes -1 for a turn and nothing happens, the log is still there and some weird object that you cant pick up called the same as the kind of wood the log is made of is created. You cant pick it up as in its not showing up in your menu at all.

I must add that I am not at a lair or anything.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:54:57 am by Eclectic Wizard »
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 23, 2014, 09:04:40 am »

I got a problem with advfort, asked in the advfort thread and they didnt answer me.
I made the carpenters workbench and I tried to make my adventurer craft some planks,
however, all he does is pick up the logs and go to the workbench, then the timer goes -1 for a turn and nothing happens, the log is still there and some weird object that you cant pick up called the same as the kind of wood the log is made of is created. You cant pick it up as in its not showing up in your menu at all.

sounds like the reaction is borked...you'd prolly get more help in the general modding threads if noone is looking at advfort anymore.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 23, 2014, 09:21:59 am »

sounds like the reaction is borked...you'd prolly get more help in the general modding threads if noone is looking at advfort anymore.

Like.. make a thread?
Also plant gathering is broken too, tried to gather some mutant plants, all I got was that the plants were removed and I got nothing at all.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:29:13 am by Eclectic Wizard »

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 23, 2014, 11:12:28 am »

wait...are you mixing advfort files with wasteland ones?  That could cause all sorts of wonkiness.  Last I checked adventure mode herbalism worked fine for wasteland...I'll double check.

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 23, 2014, 06:09:49 pm »

Like.. make a thread?
Also plant gathering is broken too, tried to gather some mutant plants, all I got was that the plants were removed and I got nothing at all.

Plant gathering does not guarantee success. The higher the skill, the higher the chance your guys will get something.  Sometimes they get 1 x bush, at high skill they sometimes get 2x or 3x.  At 0 skill its very common to get bupkis.  I'll try uploading a save from summer before the first migrant wave.

edit: here is my save, its at summer before the first wave arrives. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7c5yj7tb0k3d34e/region1-sum-351.7z
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:54:26 pm by Terry Lennox »

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 23, 2014, 07:05:55 pm »

Like.. make a thread?

Plant gathering does not guarantee success. The higher the skill, the higher the chance your guys will get something.  Sometimes they get 1 x bush, at high skill they sometimes get 2x or 3x.  At 0 skill its very common to get bupkis.  I'll try uploading a save from summer before the first migrant wave.

edit: here is my save, its at summer before the first wave arrives. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7c5yj7tb0k3d34e/region1-sum-351.7z

I'm talking about adventure mode!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 23, 2014, 07:45:14 pm »

Plant gathering does not guarantee success. The higher the skill, the higher the chance your guys will get something.  Sometimes they get 1 x bush, at high skill they sometimes get 2x or 3x.  At 0 skill its very common to get bupkis.

I'm talking about adventure mode!

Not guaranteed in adventure mode either. Until you gain a few levels in herbalism, your success rate won't be very high. Just keep trying, and you'll get something eventually.

I'm not quite sure what's wrong with the job you are trying to do. Normally a job won't be stopped once started unless the adventurer is very hungry, thirsty, or tired, or something happens that disrupts advfort's script, such as accidentally moving your adventurer when you should be waiting.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 24, 2014, 03:14:17 am »

Honestly I didn't take a look at advfort for a while, I've been focusing on fortress mode lately. The reaction looks fine, but please note that it requires fuel, do you have any fuel available on the workshop tile? And I don't remember why did I make it require fuel, I will probably remove most of fuel requirements for advfort reactions later. You can just remove [FUEL] from reaction_wasteland_adv.txt in your region save to remove the requirement.

And yes, plant gathering has low chance of success unless you have a high skill.

Thank you, I will take a look and find which of dfhack elements may cause it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56