Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 847110 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #1275 on: April 10, 2013, 06:50:05 pm »

I'm tempted to try and revive Chris with a vulnerary before he dies... but then I would just get glomped by the cavalier murder stampede.

Going around the top still seems like the best idea currently. Or is that a bad idea?

I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 10, 2013, 07:08:33 pm »

While I don't want Chris to die since I put a lot of effort into his bio and his face sprites, I wouldn't be averse to playing a more support-oriented character since those are the roles I tend to gravitate toward anyway. So if he does I'll probably come back as a Healer, Dancer/Bard, or something else support-oriented.

Speaking of face sprites... Powder, you want one? Or do you already have one? ^^^
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:12:21 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 10, 2013, 07:24:04 pm »

Heh, I was totally going to be obnoxious and ask you via PM in a couple of days >.>
Yeah, I don't have a face sprite...

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 10, 2013, 07:24:29 pm »

While I don't want Chris to die since I put a lot of effort into his bio and his face sprites, I wouldn't be averse to playing a more support-oriented character since those are the roles I tend to gravitate toward anyway. So if he does I'll probably come back as a Healer, Dancer/Bard, or something else support-oriented.

Speaking of face sprites... Powder, you want one? Or do you already have one? ^^^

Ah, in that case, I'll move a little closer and keep out of Adarlan's range. On your last turn, Adarlan would likely move out of range, and I'll be fine to revive Chris. How you'll get away would be a problem, however.

Edit: By the way, are your sprites just recolours, or do you make them custom, because I swear I never saw that guy in any of the GBA Fire Emblem games.

Granted, I haven't gotten far in FE7 yet.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 10, 2013, 07:27:36 pm »

If you can manage it, thanks in advance Gamer. ^^^ If not, well... that's the way the cookie crumbles and all of that. Edit in response to edit: I make customs out of editing many portraits together; Chris's design is admittedly based on a combination of Ezio Auditore and Altair ibn-La'Ahad's robes because I'm generic like that. XD But he uses a hood from one character, face/hair/clothes of one, cape of one, and the chestguard of a fourth. The gloves in his shrugging portrait are handmade which is why they kind of look crappy. :P

Powder, just a few questions and I can get started. What color do you want... A) your armor/armor designs? B) any visible clothing under the armor? C) your eyes? D) your hair? Also, what sort of hair - short and styled, short and messy, long, etc.? Finally, what sort of face? Youthful, handsome, older, etc.?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:30:03 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 10, 2013, 07:45:58 pm »

If you can manage it, thanks in advance Gamer. ^^^ If not, well... that's the way the cookie crumbles and all of that. Edit in response to edit: I make customs out of editing many portraits together; Chris's design is admittedly based on a combination of Ezio Auditore and Altair ibn-La'Ahad's robes because I'm generic like that. XD But he uses a hood from one character, face/hair/clothes of one, cape of one, and the chestguard of a fourth. The gloves in his shrugging portrait are handmade which is why they kind of look crappy. :P

Powder, just a few questions and I can get started. What color do you want... A) your armor/armor designs? B) any visible clothing under the armor? C) your eyes? D) your hair? Also, what sort of hair - short and styled, short and messy, long, etc.? Finally, what sort of face? Youthful, handsome, older, etc.?

I'll try.

But on the other hand, I hate being crippled by Adarlan. The other archer has a lot less movement and has a low hit chance on Seyena, but Adarlan is extremely mobile, and has a very high chance to hit. >:( Everywhere he stands is a place I cannot go.

But that honestly sounds pretty difficult. I took a FE8 sprite, lengthened/recoloured the hair, and recoloured the armor. Nothing along the lines of what you did.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 10, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »

To be honest, it kind of is when you first start. But I've been doing this for a couple of years now so I've gotten the hang of how things should fit together; it's just an experience thing. ^^^ And realistically, if a recolor can suit your needs a frankenstein might not be necessary, but I prefer the latter. It feels a little more... personal, despite my inability to actually create something in the style of what I'm editing together. ^^^;

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 10, 2013, 08:06:16 pm »

To be honest, it kind of is when you first start. But I've been doing this for a couple of years now so I've gotten the hang of how things should fit together; it's just an experience thing. ^^^ And realistically, if a recolor can suit your needs a frankenstein might not be necessary, but I prefer the latter. It feels a little more... personal, despite my inability to actually create something in the style of what I'm editing together. ^^^;

I can see that. If Seyena dies, (God forbid, because I enjoy pegasus riders quite a bit) I might try doing the "Frankenstein" method on a new character.

But I actually did enjoy editing the hair, which I did by hand. It took me many hours to get it right, and I still think it looks a little bad. Her original sprite had a horrible hairstyle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 10, 2013, 08:24:19 pm »

You did a good job, because I'm looking at my FE8 portrait sheet and I have no idea who she originally was.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 10, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »

You did a good job, because I'm looking at my FE8 portrait sheet and I have no idea who she originally was.
'Tis the NPC messenger peg knight SC.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 10, 2013, 08:28:19 pm »

Ah, that would probably explain it. I think mine only has the PCs on it.

Haha, got an updated FE8 portrait sheet. Moar parts for the frawnkensteen! :3
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:36:44 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 10, 2013, 08:38:03 pm »

I've been found out!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 10, 2013, 10:09:39 pm »

So...push forward to try and save Derick, or let him die? I doubt anyone will be able to reach him in his current state, surrounded by angry cavaliers like this :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 11, 2013, 02:03:12 am »

I've been found out!

Ooooh, that's why she looked familiar :3

Also, SC, my sheet has NPC peg knight messenger. I'm better than thou :p
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 11, 2013, 02:09:04 am »

Nope, got an updated one like I said. We is equalz. :3
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1249