Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846721 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #2400 on: April 25, 2013, 08:29:03 pm »

Do we have anyone here who actually knows how to romhack? I remember a few Pokemon hacks getting started in the Creative Projects forum but none of them got anywhere.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 25, 2013, 08:29:52 pm »

Do we have anyone here who actually knows how to romhack? I remember a few Pokemon hacks getting started in the Creative Projects forum but none of them got anywhere.

I only know how to program games and I only do it for forum games.

I don't know how to romhack though.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: April 25, 2013, 08:31:20 pm »

I'm tempted to learn- but of course the custom classes and abilities in this version are probably out of the question.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: April 25, 2013, 08:33:00 pm »

Obviously the thing to do is put together full custom spritesheets for everyone so we can make a romhack of FEF. Or something.

I wonder how difficult it would be to program fef into flash/flixel. I am going to guess "very."

I would do spritesheets if someone else promised to make the romhack. I am deadly serious.
Programmer's itch is going off... I just might do this.

I LOVE YOU.

Full sprite sheets for all PCs! It'll support variations beyond pallette swaps, yes?

I'm tempted to learn- but of course the custom classes and abilities in this version are probably out of the question.

Yeah, we'll just have to drop those- and possibly give appropriate boosts to the characters to assist playability. Also, everyone needs to write up support conversations between all possible sets.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: April 25, 2013, 08:33:20 pm »

None of us are custom classes...yet. That would become a major issue once we promote though...and now that I think about it, trainees aren't a thing except in Sacred Stones.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: April 25, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »

None of us are custom classes...yet. That would become a major issue once we promote though...and now that I think about it, trainees aren't a thing except in Sacred Stones.
Well, Chris is a Spy, which isn't in any of the GBA games. Everyone has individual characteristics and skills, like Adrien and his TreeHax. I'll have to do research to see what is and isn't possible, but I'm fairly sure a lot of the new elements in the handbook are not possible in the games. I have a lot of reading ahead of me, but for the prize of a FEF romhack, well it's just too good to pass up :P.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 25, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »

Lol, Haspen goes to sleep and a fangame suddenly materializes.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: April 25, 2013, 08:40:44 pm »

A lot of magical things happen in Haspen's sleep. Like the inception of Ami x Chris.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: April 25, 2013, 08:41:45 pm »

Obviously the thing to do is put together full custom spritesheets for everyone so we can make a romhack of FEF. Or something.

I wonder how difficult it would be to program fef into flash/flixel. I am going to guess "very."

I would do spritesheets if someone else promised to make the romhack. I am deadly serious.
Programmer's itch is going off... I just might do this.

I LOVE YOU.

Full sprite sheets for all PCs! It'll support variations beyond pallette swaps, yes?

I would so help with this.

But would it be a problem to import trainees from FE8 (Which is hardly romhacked, apparently,) to FE7? They're basically the same game.

And also, it wouldn't be too hard to edit in support for some of the unique abilities restricted to tabletop. (However, I'm not a programmer, and I don't know how hard it would be on that end. Shouldn't be too difficult to sprite, like in the case of Ami and her axe.)

A lot of magical things happen in Haspen's sleep. Like the inception of Ami x Chris.

MODS ARE ASLEEP START SHIPPING

I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: April 25, 2013, 08:46:17 pm »

On it!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: April 25, 2013, 08:51:04 pm »

Hm, well, we either wind up with trouble hacking in Adrien's Fighter sprite (since he's Hector), or the several trainees. Ignoring that some trainee classes do not exist on the gba.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: April 25, 2013, 08:53:04 pm »

I don't think sprites would be a big issue. The various custom classes, on the other hand...difficult, but probably doable.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: April 25, 2013, 09:02:05 pm »

But would it be a problem to import trainees from FE8 (Which is hardly romhacked, apparently,) to FE7? They're basically the same game.

And also, it wouldn't be too hard to edit in support for some of the unique abilities restricted to tabletop. (However, I'm not a programmer, and I don't know how hard it would be on that end. Shouldn't be too difficult to sprite, like in the case of Ami and her axe.)
@trainees: Difficult, perhaps not impossible but it throws a lot of problems such as how to expand the memory section that is allocated to class data without faffin everything else up. That also brings up how the expanded item list and weapon proficiencies of the FEF handbook can be brought in. It's possible someone else has figured this out, research pending.

@unique abilities: Probably impossible without a complete rewrite. There is no mechanics in place for individual units to have discerning abilities that have unique conditions to trigger. I.E there's no such thing as a General that uniquely receives a defensive bonus on not moving in any of those games. So personal abilities are out along with skills.

All in all, it would be leagues easier if this was adjusted to conform to FE7 standards- just with custom maps, sprites and dialogue, maybe a couple extra classes and items. Won't stop me from looking at possibilities, though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: April 25, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »

FFS mentioned something about Flash. Aside from trying to recreate the AI, would it be that much more difficult to make an FEF game from scratch if it means we can include abilities and custom classes and whatever?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 25, 2013, 09:04:31 pm »

I would be willing to write all of Chris's support dialogues with everyone else. Maybe do some general proofreading/editing/that kind of thing if this fangame gets to that stage.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1249