Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846532 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #4440 on: May 10, 2013, 08:49:40 pm »

It'd be a pretty awesome moment, even if we couldn't use the ballista ourselves. Plus this way Seyena could keep her mount, even if Ami and Olison have to give up theirs.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: May 10, 2013, 08:51:46 pm »

What I'm worried about is the ballista shooting Seyena out of the sky however while she's carrying someone. The ballista would need to be distracted by something that isn't as juicy target as a pegasus rider.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: May 10, 2013, 08:54:49 pm »

It'd be a pretty awesome moment, even if we couldn't use the ballista ourselves. Plus this way Seyena could keep her mount, even if Ami and Olison have to give up theirs.

I think Seyena could carry both of them "with" mount... let me check.

edit: yep, she can. They still have their horses.
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: May 10, 2013, 08:56:10 pm »

What I'm worried about is the ballista shooting Seyena out of the sky however while she's carrying someone. The ballista would need to be distracted by something that isn't as juicy target as a pegasus rider.
Oh, I know. It'd be ridiculously risky without Nullify or that arrow-blocking shield, and I probably wouldn't attempt it in one of the video games. But if it were pulled off successfully, it would be awesome.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: May 10, 2013, 08:59:06 pm »

The only serious problem I have with the plan is that there is a VERY HIGH chance of both Seyena and whoever she takes up first, (Probably Gregor or Valor,) can die.

She gets nailed by the Ballista, other guy gets knocked out by mage and knight. And then they are both out of the game.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: May 10, 2013, 08:59:59 pm »

Wonderfully awesome. Anyway, crazy idea... Can you rescue units that already have other units rescued? Kind of like those russian dolls? If you guys have the least con people stacked on each other with rescue, and Seyena rescues that person, well, it might be crazy enough to work. I think rescue increases the weight of the person by the person they're rescuing however.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: May 10, 2013, 09:02:39 pm »

Wonderfully awesome. Anyway, crazy idea... Can you rescue units that already have other units rescued? Kind of like those russian dolls? If you guys have the least con people stacked on each other with rescue, and Seyena rescues that person, well, it might be crazy enough to work. I think rescue increases the weight of the person by the person they're rescuing however.

No, you can't rescue someone who is already rescuing. You can "Take" their load though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: May 10, 2013, 09:08:56 pm »

The only serious problem I have with the plan is that there is a VERY HIGH chance of both Seyena and whoever she takes up first, (Probably Gregor or Valor,) can die.

She gets nailed by the Ballista, other guy gets knocked out by mage and knight. And then they are both out of the game.
Olison might actually be the best first choice, I think. He's got the best evade of the three (though not by much) and was no weapon triangle disadvantages. Not much DEF or RES though. Gregor's got the best attack strength and the best DEF, so if he could take out the archer in the first strike or force him to move, that'd help. Then again, the mage would be alive and could cause serious hurt. Valor unfortunately seems to be the worst in this situation: best accuracy by far, but he lacks punch, has a disadvantage against the knight, and his DEF is the worst.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: May 10, 2013, 09:13:06 pm »

Olison might actually be the best first choice, I think. He's got the best evade of the three (though not by much) and was no weapon triangle disadvantages. Not much DEF or RES though. Gregor's got the best attack strength and the best DEF, so if he could take out the archer in the first strike or force him to move, that'd help. Then again, the mage would be alive and could cause serious hurt. Valor unfortunately seems to be the worst in this situation: best accuracy by far, but he lacks punch, has a disadvantage against the knight, and his DEF is the worst.

But I'd seriously say survivability is more important in this situation, because then Seyena could go grab someone else (providing that the ballista doesn't turn her into a kebab) and then the fight would be pretty much over.

So by what you say, either Olison or Gregor, hopefully they can survive the first wave of attacks until Seyena grabs Olison or Valor. (By, of course, going off map for a turn and coming back on the player turn with a new combatant.)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: May 10, 2013, 09:38:41 pm »

The problem is that none of our characters can survive hits from all three enemies. On the plus side, the enemies have fairly low accuracy and AS thanks to their powerful weapons (the mage has Elthunder, for instance). Valor is once again the worst choice because any two hits will take him out thanks to low defenses and HP. Hell, Valor can't even damage the knight, though he'd have the  best chance of dodging his attack.

I hate to say it, but maybe Gregor would be the best first attack. He would even gain +2 DEF if he gets dropped next to or diagonally from the Ballista user thanks to not using any MOV, which would boost his survivability dramatically. He also has Daunt, which could help keep him - and everyone else who catches up - alive, if only a little.

Of course, this is all purely hypothetical based on the assumption that A) Haspen allows this, and B) If Seyena can, IC, summon up the courage to charge headlong at a ballista :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:50:03 pm by Sirus »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: May 10, 2013, 09:50:04 pm »

If you guys took the sewer, seems there are two possible places you guys can appear at, either the north east or the south west.  If you guys showed up at the north east, you could pinch the people in between you two and make use of the two wonderful choke holds to make maximum damage and disarray, while Daniel gets about snagging loot from the chests.

That's what I see, but you could wind up in the south west entrance, which would be a pretty bad place to be all in all. Easy access to the outside, lots of enemies between both sides of the divided group.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: May 10, 2013, 09:51:39 pm »

I assume you mean north-east, not north-west.Edit-ninja'd.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: May 10, 2013, 09:55:07 pm »

Sorry about that Sirus. :p

Another concern with the sky drop, if Seyena can get there so can the other fliers. Which can turn very badly very quickly in the form of a horrible zergwinged rush.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: May 10, 2013, 09:58:24 pm »

Of course, this is all purely hypothetical based on the assumption that A) Haspen allows this,

I think Haspen would jump with joy to execute a plan with very poor chances.

B) If Seyena can, IC, summon up the courage to charge headlong at a ballista :P

It would be amusing, as ballistae are among her biggest fears.
She would be a wreck by the time she dropped off the other half of the group.

Another concern with the sky drop, if Seyena can get there so can the other fliers. Which can turn very badly very quickly in the form of a horrible zergwinged rush.

Shit, didn't think about that.

But I still don't like the idea of Olison, Ami, and Seyena abandoning their mounts to go for the sewers. Seyena would be downright useless without the Aid and Mov, at least.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: May 10, 2013, 09:58:52 pm »

Ugh. Dem fliers. WHYYYYYY CHARLOTTE?
Chris is the only one on the ENTIRE TEAM who can effectively fight them.

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1249